Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I just ate a handful of chili lime peanuts and they were so hot I am breaking a sweat.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    AAAAAAnd I have finished my calories for the day and gone over just a bit. Had a workshop downtown with a coworker and on the way back we go to Smashburger. Yum!!! I owned up to it and logged it. Went over by a couple hundred, so now I am walking circles in the office to combat the damage. I have a football game to go to tonight as well. I usually don't buy stuff for me to eat there though, so that's ok, but my husband is likely to want to go have Mexican before we go since the game is in town. I don't need it!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I'm not a happy camper right now. My doctor changed my medicine from strattera to intuniv and I hate it. I'm seriously contemplating calling the office and asking her to try something else. On top of that, I now have to avoid artificial colors/sweeteners/etc for my ADD, and also start a low carb diet for my weight. I've been rebelling all week, but I guess I should get started on this.

I'm so mean though, I told hubs that if I was doing this, so was everyone else. It's far too expensive to buy 2 different kinds of food on our budget!

Why the change?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I just ate a handful of chili lime peanuts and they were so hot I am breaking a sweat.

Haha!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    OMG I just found this post... I'm ashamed that I've spent a great deal of my work day reading this thread (page 26 @_@)

Anything salty or savory is my kryptonite... I'm a vegan but I get weak in the knees when it comes to mac and cheese or a pizza with white sauce and cheese (I know, I know... bad vegan). I have ordered a small pizza SWEARING I'll stop at 1/4 of it... then 1/2... eventually one hour into Skyrim or Fallout and I've devoured the entire thing.

But will you try to read all 1600 pages? :D

Fun fact: We collect bottle caps at home (to eventually shadow box or something, I swear) and I insist that it's so we'll be rich in the post-apocalyptic world.

I DO TOO!

I do not even know what that is.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Yeesh. Remind me to avoid those!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

second date for first date #22!

the lawyer guy. total stoner hippie dude.
    fun to hang out with, we'll probably chill a few more times, but that's pretty much it.
    he's not looking for anything remotely serious. and that's ok.
    honestly? he's super hot (which boggles my mind why he's hanging out with my pudgy butt), so i'm pretty ok with just having a lil fun here and there ;)

whenever i think of us hanging out, this instantly pops into my head:

Girls-Dead-Inside-6-Portable.jpg

The stoner part would preclude anything remotely serious for me... and did at one point in time... except my super hot (and considerably younger!) "fun here and there" stoner guy was an airplane mechanic, lol.

Yes, it was a little unsettling to think of a fella with a daily pot habit repairing planes.

And clearly there is more to you than a pudgy butt, young lady!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    agreed, must have photos
  • raymax4
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    agreed, must have photos

if the new office
  • raymax4
    Options
    *post date update*

fun to hang out with, we'll probably chill a few more times, but that's pretty much it.
    honestly? he's super hot (which boggles my mind why he's hanging out with my pudgy butt), so i'm pretty ok with just having a lil fun here and there ;)

pudgy butt? I think not, you look great. Don't think of yourself that way. Even if you didn't look good which you do I have read enough of your writing to know that you deserve someone special.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

Stop that! You are an awesome person, and his beauty is only skin deep.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    *post date update*

The stoner part would preclude anything remotely serious for me... and did at one point in time... except my super hot (and considerably younger!) "fun here and there" stoner guy was an airplane mechanic, lol.

Yes, it was a little unsettling to think of a fella with a daily pot habit repairing planes.

And clearly there is more to you than a pudgy butt, young lady!

Oh yeah. When I was 30, I was involved for a short time with a 22 year old stoner. He was also a hottie, but the pot habit just wasn't my thing. He called me several years later and asked if I'd be interested in getting together. Nope. What's done is done.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Alright... I don't post here often, but here's something that's been bothering. Like, a lot. I've talked about it here and there, but I only have so little tolerance for *kitten*.

My dad might as well have a PhD in broscience. He labels a lot of perfectly good foods as "unhealthy" and believes that not all calories are the same. Now, he's in pretty good shape, but he's always been a yo-yoer. At 6'0" and 205lbs, I'd estimate him around 12-13% BF. He's been as high as 300, but no lower than 205lbs since junior high.

And don't even get me started on my extended family... They food police and body shame. They falsely perceive themselves as smaller than they actually are. Most of them are well over the BMI's definition of obese, mind you. My mom is long gone, but did the same. She also took her health advice from Dr. Mercola and did coffee enemas on a regular basis.

For an example, one of his major "problem foods" is bananas. Why? Because they don't fit his definition of paleo and are on the higher side of the glycemic index. Nevermind the fact that they're high in potassium and provide plenty of fiber. (Oh, and I can name several things that he eats on a daily basis that are nowhere close to paleo.)

To avoid his hearing his usual lecture on what's "unhealthy" and what's not, I went without bananas for about two years. Yup, two full years of not eating bananas. They've never been my favorite fruit, so I was okay with not eating them for so long. Eventually, I just got sick of it and I decided to buy a bag of these.

barnana.jpg

I ate the entire bag. I made it fit my macros and calorie limit, so why not? They were delicious, chewy, and filling. Apparently, that was still a problem for him and he went on and on about how I should just have them as a "treat" and not all calories are equal and I'll get super fat. EVIL FAT FAT FATTY FAT!

Like, can I just eat my bananas in peace?
    giphy.gif

I've had to deal with enough food restrictions from my mother. I can't even start on how many things that I wasn't allowed to eat until she passed away. (My GP thinks it's the reason why I developed so many food allergies.) I was severely deficient in Vitamin D, iron, and protein as a result of her ridiculously restrictive diet that she had me on since I was a baby. And I had to eat carob instead of chocolate.

Oh, and I decided to start maintaining my weight last week. I'm actually a little bit below my goal weight. This was my dad's response...

"Well, don't go below 85lbs. I think you could maintain around, like... 88, 92lbs?"

I said I wanted to maintain my weight, not lose! I decided to look up a similar BMI to what 85lbs at my height would look like... Not going there. At. All. I have a 22" waist already, for Christ's sake!

Another thing that he did recently that kinda bothered me, but wasn't as bad (in my opinion)... We met a Lyft driver that lost 225lbs and got in several vegan magazines and whatnot. My dad decided to bring this up with our hairdresser, who I think is around a size 18/20. I've seen magnets up for "It Works" wraps at the place, and I know that she would like to lose weight. She has the new fitness gadgets and everything. I can't help but feel that it's kind of rude to bring it up, like it's sending off the message that she should lose weight, y'know...?

Oddly enough, he doesn't lecture me for eating coconut milk ice cream on a daily basis. In fact, he outright praises it for being "healthy". Blah... I just don't know why he feels that he should "help" me stay accountable. I've tried talking to him about it, but he only gets super defensive.

tl;dr: food police

I grew up in a household like that. Well maybe not the carob thing, but seriously intrusive and bossy.
    My dad would bring pamphlets of fat farms and diets. I learned to tune him out. It got easier when I got my own place. I wasn't particulary fat when I was young

For several years not the people at work started asking me what I was eating. I'm not sure why this was important to them. Strange thing they always marvel how healthy I eat.

It use to make me cringe when people asked me to tell them what was eating, It does not bother me anymore.

Hang in there
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    He's going out with you @KylerJaye because you are SUPER GREAT!! I'm sure you're so much prettier than you're giving yourself credit for!! Go post pictures of you in the batcave :)
  • raymax4
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I'm honestly a little sad about my weight loss. I know that probably sounds 100% insane, but my bras are all starting to become way too big. A bra that I've had for quite some time and was beginning to fill out nicely is now too large in the cups. It was my smallest bra, and I really don't want to go buy more because that will make me even more sad. I hate parting with money, though do enjoy shopping. I'm not a fan of used bras/underwear/socks, though will usually go for used pants/shirts. Still not a small enough size where I could go without, and IMO my chest looks a lot less saggy and weird, so that's always good.

Awe don't be sad.
    You do know you are worth it even if you don't like spending the money. Please do enjoy your victories.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly a little sad about my weight loss. I know that probably sounds 100% insane, but my bras are all starting to become way too big. A bra that I've had for quite some time and was beginning to fill out nicely is now too large in the cups. It was my smallest bra, and I really don't want to go buy more because that will make me even more sad. I hate parting with money, though do enjoy shopping. I'm not a fan of used bras/underwear/socks, though will usually go for used pants/shirts. Still not a small enough size where I could go without, and IMO my chest looks a lot less saggy and weird, so that's always good.

Clothes shopping is always fun except when the thrift stores charge crazy amounts for used clothes or they don't have anything cute in your size.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    There were muffins left in the lunch room. They weren't very big and one had chocolate chips on top so I couldn't resist - but I only took half. Bit into it - not chocolate chip. :disappointed: The top was banana bread (not even good banana bread) and the bottom was just flavorless "cake". I ate the chocolate chips and threw the rest out. To get even with the stupid muffin I ate the top of the other half just to get the chocolate and threw the rest of it out too.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

when i had to downsize the bras, i went directly to the target clearance section. pop in once a week, grab one or two here and there, and they're super cheap. i wait until the clearance price drops to between $3-$6. pretty guilt free at that point!
    Oh wow, I never even thought to check there!

Chin up @ejb060793 ! You can use this as an opportunity to check out some of the discount shops around your area. There's one around here called Falles Parades that I go nuts over. I bought a pair of boots last winter for around $15 or $16, a few sports bras for around $3 (and a zipper bra for $4), and all sorts of other goodies.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    @vinegar_husbands Ugg, my dad is also horrible when it comes to my weight and eating habits. Growing up as an overweight little thing, he would constantly try putting me on diets and exercise. He would often threaten to take me to the doctors because I was terrified of being diagnosed with diabetes. He used to regularly call me "gorda", or fatty, and still uses that nickname every now and then. My mom is pretty into broscience, but at least she is more concerned about my overall health and not my appearance.