Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »

I've done both before so I can relate. Sometimes it's just nice feeling like you have a partner and someone who can care for and love you like no one else can. I hope this makes sense but it's hard to explain! Especially after just getting out of a relationship you don't want to lose those feelings :(

I totally understand what you mean. I met my husband about a month after I got out of an on/off relationship that spanned a course of 4 years. It's almost like having so much love still inside of you and no one to share all of it with. It's lonely and scary, but the time to yourself can be useful to clear your head.

It's largely the bolded. I want to, I guess, care for someone?
    I have all this love and caring and kindness I want to share and I've just decided to share it with myself(ETA: beacause I'm someone too, right?), by running and lifting and eating well and cooking and yeah...

I'm feeling like making a lot of big changes. Not sure where yet but something is going to happen! Maybe a hair cut? Maybe a new piercing? Maybe my first tattoo? Who KNOWS?!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    tasmanian-devil-tattoo.jpg

I've done both before so I can relate. Sometimes it's just nice feeling like you have a partner and someone who can care for and love you like no one else can. I hope this makes sense but it's hard to explain! Especially after just getting out of a relationship you don't want to lose those feelings :(

I totally understand what you mean. I met my husband about a month after I got out of an on/off relationship that spanned a course of 4 years. It's almost like having so much love still inside of you and no one to share all of it with. It's lonely and scary, but the time to yourself can be useful to clear your head.

I have all this love and caring and kindness I want to share and I've just decided to share it with myself(ETA: beacause I'm someone too, right?), by running and lifting and eating well and cooking and yeah...

I'm feeling like making a lot of big changes. Not sure where yet but something is going to happen! Maybe a hair cut? Maybe a new piercing? Maybe my first tattoo? Who KNOWS?!

Yes to sharing all that love and kindness and caring with yourself! How about (wait for it) a sassy new do. I have tattoos and I love them. I however, really recommend that you take a long time in deciding what and where and who will do it. 23 years since my first one and no regrets....but, the first ideas I had on what I thought I wanted and where would have been big regrets. Picture The Tasmanian Devil on a breast toward the clevage. Oh, yeah! (shudder) But for a few months I thought I would do it. :smiley:

Edit to add: I found this picture online... so kind of...pretty much like this, exactly. Except I'm a well endowed female. (I'm so glad I didn't do it.)

I don't even know what I was thinking was so great about that.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Yes to sharing all that love and kindness and caring with yourself! How about (wait for it) a sassy new do. I have tattoos and I love them. I however, really recommend that you take a long time in deciding what and where and who will do it. 23 years since my first one and no regrets....but, the first ideas I had on what I thought I wanted and where would have been big regrets. Picture The Tasmanian Devil on a breast toward the clevage. Oh, yeah! (shudder) But for a few months I thought I would do it. :smiley:

Edit to add: I found this picture online... so kind of...pretty much like this, exactly. Except I'm a well endowed female. (I'm so glad I didn't do it.)

I've had several ideas on what I want and where it would go as far as tattoos, but I'm honestly leaning towards the new hair do.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

I've had several ideas on what I want and where it would go as far as tattoos, but I'm honestly leaning towards the new hair do.

Nice! I do love a great new look.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

So glad you rethought that!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @MissKalhan have a great race today!

Posting this everywhere to cover all the bases! ;)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird I love your new photo!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »

Good luck V!!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @lilaclovebird I love your new photo!!

This!!

And this too!

I have the greatest admiration for all you runners.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

Good luck
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Yes keep them coming!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    So confession that I haven't been to my gym in several years, but still have the membership. Can't just toss a $25/yr membership, even if I am not using it. Well, today is the day I go reaquaint myself with this space. I just hope I don't get accosted by the Weight Watchers people that are now attached to the gym.

That's a bargain. I wish I could find a gym that cheap. Let us know how it goes.

You know! I pay $60 a MONTH.

Yeah, mine is more like $100 a month. I thought all gyms seemed cheap in the US. I think they work to a different business model.

Holy crap! What do you get for that?

Just a standard gym really. They're just a lot more expensive here. The budget ones are getting more common here, but they're all in town centres and as I don't lice or work there parking and traffic makes it less than ideal.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    confession,
    When we bought our house the previous occupants left this poem on the refrigerator. I haven't taken it down for 8 years.

Dust if you must, but wouldn't it be better
    To paint a picture or write a letter,
    Bake a cake or plant a seed,
    Ponder the difference between want and need?

Dust if you must, but there is not much time,
    With rivers to swim and mountains to climb,
    Music to hearing books to read,
    Friends to cherish, and life to lead.

Dust if you must, but the world's out there,
    With the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair,
    A flutter of snow, a shower of rain,
    This day will not come again.

Dust if you must, but bear in mind,
    Old age will come and it’s not kind.
    And when you go- and go you must-
    You, yourself, will make more dust

It helps when I start "squirreling it"
    Definition: " frameborder="allowfullscreen" data-link="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VuMdLm0ccU"></iframe>
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I like the poem! And that is such a cute/funny video too. My son was cracking up! Thanks for sharing, @raymax4!
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    I'm having batcave problems. On my app or the browser on my phone it shoes none of the threads. It shows all the users etc and events etc, but not the threads. Anyone got any ideas. I hardly ever go on my laptop so I always keep up on my phone and now I can't see what you all are saying :(
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I'm having batcave problems. On my app or the browser on my phone it shoes none of the threads. It shows all the users etc and events etc, but not the threads. Anyone got any ideas. I hardly ever go on my laptop so I always keep up on my phone and now I can't see what you all are saying :(

I wish I could help but I don't use MFP on my phone! :(
    Sorry...I'm sure someone will be able to help you!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

My husband is having the same issue with his phone. I believe it's a group-related glitch in the latest phone app. I'm not too sure what's going on with your phone browser, though--maybe it automatically uses the app software when you access MFP from there and hits the same glitch? The tablet app and phone app aren't the same, so luckily I haven't had the issue on my tablet.
  • girldownsouth
    Options

My husband is having the same issue with his phone. I believe it's a group-related glitch in the latest phone app. I'm not too sure what's going on with your phone browser, though--maybe it automatically uses the app software when you access MFP from there and hits the same glitch? The tablet app and phone app aren't the same, so luckily I haven't had the issue on my tablet.

It started doing it on the browser first, which I'd started using as I could see pictures, then I've just got a new phone and it's doing it on the app too. Maybe my app wasn't up to date on my old phone. I'll try it on my tablet, although, like many people, i look at work, which I do on my phone because our Internet usage is monitored, so can't do that on my tablet.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Just checked mine seems to be working?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Just checked mine seems to be working?

Mine too