Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    We're on page 1599! Almost to 1600!

It feels like it was FOREVER ago when we hit 1500 (compared to previous 100 page markers)!

That's because so many moved permanently to the BatCave and this place has slowed WAAAAAAY down.

It's so hard to keep up in there :( blah it makes me sad.

It is. I stick to a few threads in there, there's no way I could keep up with them all!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I have a confession: When I get down to having less than 1,000 calories left for the day, I get this nervous feeling like I'm definitely going to screw it up and go over. Even if I'm at 999. I do 1620 a day, so I'm not deprived or anything. I still continue to eat, don't worry. I just have anxiety about it.

I'm the same way. I usually shoot for around 1,800 calories, but when I come home from work with less than 1,000 calories left (almost every day), it makes me anxious about going over.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Also, I saw this today and I tried it. I was strangely disappointed when my cat did not sit in the circle.

byincs19hfs5.jpg

I'm totally trying this later! :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Also, I saw this today and I tried it. I was strangely disappointed when my cat did not sit in the circle.

byincs19hfs5.jpg

I'm totally trying this later! :)

Me, too!!! Although, if I use any type or piece of clothing my dog will be lying on it before the cat will even find it.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    So confession that I haven't been to my gym in several years, but still have the membership. Can't just toss a $25/yr membership, even if I am not using it. Well, today is the day I go reaquaint myself with this space. I just hope I don't get accosted by the Weight Watchers people that are now attached to the gym.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    So confession that I haven't been to my gym in several years, but still have the membership. Can't just toss a $25/yr membership, even if I am not using it. Well, today is the day I go reaquaint myself with this space. I just hope I don't get accosted by the Weight Watchers people that are now attached to the gym.

How exciting! Do you know what you are going to do there?
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

That's a bargain. I wish I could find a gym that cheap. Let us know how it goes.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    @ShibaEars I will probably start with the treadmill or elliptical. It will be where I kill some time before I have to pick up my daughter. She tells me I get there too early so she doesn't have time to play. I can fix that!

@marissafit06 it is a bargain now, but not so much several years back. It's 24 Hour Fitness and I had a contract with them that when it expired, I could renew for $25/yr. I looked at the guy and said, 'That is per month right?' He told me, no each year. So I have just kept it. I would occasionally get back in and go for a period of time, but always fell off the habit. Now, I have a little more incentive to get off my duff and move more, so here I go!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

That's a bargain. I wish I could find a gym that cheap. Let us know how it goes.

You know! I pay $60 a MONTH.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I confess I'm a home wrecker......

Today as I was out walking I noticed a pretty blue gray bird by the side of the lake and as I passed, I watched it fly off it was beautiful.
    When I turned my face forward again I did so just in time to see the middle of a rather large spider web. It spanned over my head to mid chest.

First of all I'm sorry spider for wrecking your very close knit large web. I'm sure it took along time to make. I hope you have enough web to build another one

Secondly. Shriek, wild thrashing about with my arms trying to get it off of me, and dear God please don't let that spider be on me.

I was pulling weeds in my front flower garden Saturday. (It was WAY past due, and the weeds were way out of control, but that's a different confession.) I have a certain garbage can that I put pulled weeds in. It's really old and has a hole worn in the bottom, so I can't put anything small or liquid in it. Anyway, I pull out this garbage can and there is a GINORMOUS black widow spider in its web behind the garbage can. I don't have a photo to show you, because I was too busy SQUISHING it!!!

Black widow spiders freaked me out as a kid. Some how I got the impression that if they bit me I could become very ill and possibly die.

We had a tack shed that they seemed to like for some reason. I remember going into it with my sister behind me.
    Well there was one over my head and running right at me. I think I ran clean over my sister to get out.

My husband laughs about when he was young that they ( all boys in the family) had a black widow spider as a pet. They would feed it flies. They kept it in a mason jar with little holes in the top so it could breathe. All went well until till she had about 1000 babies that were small enough to crawl out the holes in the top. They all laugh about it.

To this day I can catch and hold almost anything but spiders.

I woke up with a black widow on my chest once (on top of the blanket) as a teenager. Totally freaked out about that!

I used to keep a carafe of water next to my bed because I woke up thirsty a lot. One night, I was lazy and, instead of sitting up to drink, I just picked up the carafe in the dark and tilted it over my mouth. A COCKROACH fell off the lip. ONTO MY FACE. To this day, a cockroach is the only bug that will send me running and screaming. Before that, I wasn't at all afraid of them. A cockroach running across your face can do that to you, apparently.

OMG, that's super gross. Right after college I moved into an apartment in Brooklyn by myself. My first morning I went to get in the shower and a cockroach the size of my palm was just sitting there on my soap. I cried. LOL I'm fairly certain I did not shower that day.

Ugh I probably would've threw the soap out the window :D:D:D.

Not sure if I posted this in the thread before, but when we were younger & lived in an apartment my mom & stepdad found a baby snake in their bed as they were sleeping.

I was about to hop into bed one night while living in Odessa, TX when a mother scorpion released her babies from her back....All over MY PILLOW!

Normally, I would just hope into bed with the lights off. I'm SO glad I didn't. I still cant. I ALWAYS check my bed/sheets.

That night ALL the dirty laundry got done and the sheets that were on the bed at the time were thrown in the fire pit and burned.

Ah! How did you end up getting the mom & babies off the pillow?

My, now ex, husband put a gardening glove on and brushed them onto the fitted sheet and we bundled it up and threw it in the fire pit.

The dirty sheets that were in the laundry were totally washed and all the laundry was washed, dried, and folded before I felt comfortable even LOOKING at the bed. Then, since we only had two sets of sheets for our HUGE bed at the time, one was now ashes and the other was being washed. I told him to order another set off Amazon.com. He laughed and asked if he should search specifically for "scorpion proof" ones. :laugh:

Hahaha. I would be scarred for life! Thank God you didn't just hop into bed that night.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have never seen a cockroach in real life except for once at the zoo. I'm not an overly squeamish person, but I would freak the heck out if I saw some of those bad boys in my house. I don't envy you lot!

I've never seen one either...and I am very thankful for that.

I seen a few in Hawaii that flew & that was good enough for me. They're still not as scary as the hellgrammites in West Virginia.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    @ShibaEars I will probably start with the treadmill or elliptical. It will be where I kill some time before I have to pick up my daughter. She tells me I get there too early so she doesn't have time to play. I can fix that!

@marissafit06 it is a bargain now, but not so much several years back. It's 24 Hour Fitness and I had a contract with them that when it expired, I could renew for $25/yr. I looked at the guy and said, 'That is per month right?' He told me, no each year. So I have just kept it. I would occasionally get back in and go for a period of time, but always fell off the habit. Now, I have a little more incentive to get off my duff and move more, so here I go!

I want that!!! Between hubby and I, we give Anytime Fitness about $60/month currently.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    My NSV for today. Saw my doctor this morning, and I no longer have to take BP meds! I am slowly but surely getting off all these darn pills! Two more to go!
  • ShibaEars
    Options

I want that!!! Between hubby and I, we give Anytime Fitness about $60/month currently.

Me too! I pay $55 a month just for me!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    My NSV for today. Saw my doctor this morning, and I no longer have to take BP meds! I am slowly but surely getting off all these darn pills! Two more to go!

Way to go! You can do it!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I was just feeling super snacky today and managed to hold off until I got home. I polished off a package of cheese/PB crackers, a handful of garlic croutons and a 100 calorie bag of Pop Secret kettle corn in less than 30 minutes. Good job, Kristen. Crave carbs much?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Oh wow, it was around 75 or so dollars for me and my sister to work out at the crappy YMCA near me!

Congrats on the medical victory @bkhamill !
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I have a confession: When I get down to having less than 1,000 calories left for the day, I
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    We're on page 1599! Almost to 1600!

It feels like it was FOREVER ago when we hit 1500 (compared to previous 100 page markers)!

That's because so many moved permanently to the BatCave and this place has slowed WAAAAAAY down.

It's so hard to keep up in there :( blah it makes me sad.

I'm actually considering dropping out of this after the 1600 page run. Maybe drop in occasionally, but the real action is definitely in the Batcave now. ;)

What is the bat cave?
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

I love this, it goes to show we have control over our medical destiny
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal You mentioned liking to read the silly stories about me and my husband, so I dug up this one from my birthday last year. I contributed it towards a funny moment book published on Wattpad by a friend, and took a screenshot of the moment in the published book to remember it by. The "Fattos..." was her commentary. :D

j4ptn7tjgih0.png

Keep em coming @Susieq_1994