Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    caddir wrote: »
    My confession is that I want to tell someone how disgusting this is. One of the ward clerks in the hospital I work at is in the habit of going to the canteen, buying a breakfast (on a disposable plate) and then visiting the toilets. She then taketakes the plate of uncovered food INTO THE CUBICLE where she places it on the floor. I am utterly bemused by this. Why on earth she doesn't use the toilet before buying her breakfast just cannot fathom.
    I just want your opinion on this. Can anyone suggest any reason for this? Am I being too fastidious?

I can't think of any reason to take your food into the bathroom at all. Even if I had bought my food before I got the urge, I would find a safe place to set it down before going to the bathroom.
    How does one wash their hands? Even if you washed your hands the tray with your food is dirty when you pick it up and you dirty yor hands. Totally Gross.

I agree. I'm not a germophobe, but I won't even take an open drink container into a public bathroom. Ick.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Arizona has "Permitless Carry".(ETA: Passed in 2010) You can carry concealed or open carry, if you are over the age of 21 and eligible to purchase a firearm within the state of Arizona, no permit required.

IF you get a permit, you can then carry in Federal Gun Free school zones and into bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.

ETA:
    Arizona honors all other states Permits/Licenses.
    Arizona Honors All Non-Resident Permits/Licenses

There are some important things about carrying identification with you at all times that you carry a gun, which should be a given. I carry ID with me EVERYWHERE if only for the purpose of identifying my body if/when I die...

*horrified scream*

I would HOPE they would know they can carry into the alcohol serving restaurant/bar but have the COMMON SENSE to NOT DRINK ALCOHOL!

Ah, but I doubt it. I have very little faith in other humans to have much common sense... just based on past experience.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have never seen a cockroach in real life except for once at the zoo. I'm not an overly squeamish person, but I would freak the heck out if I saw some of those bad boys in my house. I don't envy you lot!

I've never seen one either...and I am very thankful for that.

I rented apartments in my younger years. If your neighbors get them, it's almost impossible to get rid of them. Hadn't seen one in YEARS until my daughter moved back from her apartment and moved a few with her. AARGH!!

Luckily, we have a contract with a pest control company. I never saw any after the day we were unpacking her stuff.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal You mentioned liking to read the silly stories about me and my husband, so I dug up this one from my birthday last year. I contributed it towards a funny moment book published on Wattpad by a friend, and took a screenshot of the moment in the published book to remember it by. The "Fattos..." was her commentary. :D

j4ptn7tjgih0.png
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I want to tell someone how disgusting this is. One of the ward clerks in the hospital I work at is in the habit of going to the canteen, buying a breakfast (on a disposable plate) and then visiting the toilets. She then taketakes the plate of uncovered food INTO THE CUBICLE where she places it on the floor. I am utterly bemused by this. Why on earth she doesn't use the toilet before buying her breakfast just cannot fathom.
    I just want your opinion on this. Can anyone suggest any reason for this? Am I being too fastidious?

That is gross!!! And I am not a germophobe.

Neither am I, but food & bathrooms should be kept separate!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a cockroach in real life except for once at the zoo. I'm not an overly squeamish person, but I would freak the heck out if I saw some of those bad boys in my house. I don't envy you lot!

I've only seen one here (outside of zoos), it was on the side of the hot tub in the West Edmonton Mall Water Park. I assume it came in with all the tropical plants they have in there.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I put it in the Batcave under Funny Pictures, but I officially declare this song the Confessions theme song! "We all belong to a tribe. It's good to know this one's mine."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbYPqgSe-M
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I put it in the Batcave under Funny Pictures, but I officially declare this song the Confessions theme song! "We all belong to a tribe. It's good to know this one's mine."
    <3
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Batcave?

Thanks for the welcome backs guys.
  • marissafit06
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

I can't think of any reason to take your food into the bathroom at all. Even if I had bought my food before I got the urge, I would find a safe place to set it down before going to the bathroom.
    How does one wash their hands? Even if you washed your hands the tray with your food is dirty when you pick it up and you dirty yor hands. Totally Gross.

I agree. I'm not a germophobe, but I won't even take an open drink container into a public bathroom. Ick.

Very very gross.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Batcave?

We created a group. Go to "Groups" look for "Confession is Good for the Soul" and ask to be added!
  • marissafit06
    Options
    We once had fleas in an apartment we rented because the previous tenant had a dog and hadn't gotten rid of them. Nowhere near as bad as roaches, but very annoying when you don't even own pets.
  • marissafit06
    Options

Batcave?

We created a group. Go to "Groups" look for "Confession is Good for the Soul" and ask to be added!

got it, thanks.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    We're on page 1599! Almost to 1600!

It feels like it was FOREVER ago when we hit 1500 (compared to previous 100 page markers)!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

It feels like it was FOREVER ago when we hit 1500 (compared to previous 100 page markers)!

That's because so many moved permanently to the BatCave and this place has slowed WAAAAAAY down.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

Really? They're everywhere in both Oman and Saudi Arabia. Really big ones, too. We once lived in a house with a broken sewer cover in the yard, and there would be 30-50 HUMONGOUS cockroaches running all over the yard during the summer. You literally had to step/hop/jump/zigzag to avoid them on your way in and out of the walled courtyard. I assure you that this always involved plenty of shrieking on my part.

They like it hot. I have never seen one in Washington state, but I saw millions down in Arizona. No matter how clean people kept their houses, almost everyone had them at some point :'(
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

That's because so many moved permanently to the BatCave and this place has slowed WAAAAAAY down.

It's so hard to keep up in there :( blah it makes me sad.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    I have a confession: When I get down to having less than 1,000 calories left for the day, I get this nervous feeling like I'm definitely going to screw it up and go over. Even if I'm at 999. I do 1620 a day, so I'm not deprived or anything. I still continue to eat, don't worry. I just have anxiety about it.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Also, I saw this today and I tried it. I was strangely disappointed when my cat did not sit in the circle.

byincs19hfs5.jpg
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

It's so hard to keep up in there :( blah it makes me sad.

I'm actually considering dropping out of this after the 1600 page run. Maybe drop in occasionally, but the real action is definitely in the Batcave now. ;)