Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    But from now on at the barn and here, I am POF. :)

Sorry, but you'll have to be Patricia in my mind, because POF just makes me think of the dating site Plenty of Fish.

Me too but I didn't want to say it so in my mind she is also Patricia

That is funny. Patricia is preferred, but its a mouthful so I accept POF. But you can go for Patricia. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I still need to catch up but I wanted to vent on something.

No one probably remembers but I have talked about that guy who is on the phone at work all the time and everyone loves him even though he barely works...he just let me know he won some award so he is getting a plaque/prize at 10 today.

I'm like seriously...

This just happened to me. The conference I am at they did recognition awards. The guy in my group that won got recognized for 2 projects I led. One was done before he came on board. The other he came in on the tail end and had zero to do with. I totally led them. This is like the 4th time over the years this has happened to me. No one in an operations driven organization ever appreciates marketing communications. But I PROJECT LED these. This guy is connected.

I confess as soon as the awards were over I grabbed my stuff, went to hotel, and am now drowning my sorrows by reading this thread. :( I am feeling very sad.

Ohhh that totally sucks! :/ Sure sounds like some sort of favouritism going on. Mind you, some of those ambitious types just rack up the undeserved awards so they can move up to their next rung... maybe he'll be gone soon?

He will he is trying hard to get VP. He is just too well connected. He literately had nothing to do with either project he got recognized for. The problem is I am not political. At all. And it hurts me. Oh, well, I either need to suck it up or move on to another company. I control the destiny of this...so I have to choose how to deal with it. I have decided to just let it go. Thanks for letting me vent in here. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    But from now on at the barn and here, I am POF. :)

Sorry, but you'll have to be Patricia in my mind, because POF just makes me think of the dating site Plenty of Fish.

I have never been there but have heard of it. Whichever you prefer!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

I am in this camp!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

I do like said guy lol

then you HAVE to say yes!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Hope this works! Might be huge..if so, I apologize.

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o

It is me. 4 in the home now, 2 on the porch, and 2 at the barn. I have to admit 4 in the home is a lot now when I feed. And the politics of who gets fed where...exhausting. But Cobweb is doing great (latest addition, you all went through that with me). He is the sweetest cat.

He likes to jump on the 1/2 wall between the toilet and the vanity when I get out of the shower and while I dry myself off he reaches out to me, to be petted, etc. The other day, I bent over drying my legs and he proceeded to walk onto my back and lay down! So there I am, stark naked, with a purring cat laying on my back and licking my wet hair. I crouched down to try and get him to walk off me, but he resettled himself and kept purring away. I finally had to slowly stand until he slid off, praying all the time he wouldn't grab me with his claws to stay on. If I had had a camera and wasn't such a prude, I would have taken a selfie and posted it (but yes, I was stark naked, so probably that wouldn't be allowed on here!).
  • Oberon21
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ccourcha wrote: »
    Beat off at work bathroom to thoughts of new reception girl

I think it's funny that you say this, but on your page your inspirations are

> Intimidating the boys coming around for my daughters
    > To be the best example to my son that I can be

that new reception girl is someones daughter too y'know, and I'm not sure that is a good example of being a man now is it?

STANDS AND GIVES @Lois_1989 A ROUND OF APPLAUSE! (yes, this is worth yelling about!)

I haven't even gotten to the original post that prompted this but I am cheering you too! Some guys are total hypocrites. They SHOULD think about every woman/girl as someone's daughter. ICK. For whatever he thought/did (although I am starting to get an idea).
  • Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I still need to catch up but I wanted to vent on something.

No one probably remembers but I have talked about that guy who is on the phone at work all the time and everyone loves him even though he barely works...he just let me know he won some award so he is getting a plaque/prize at 10 today.

I'm like seriously...

This just happened to me. The conference I am at they did recognition awards. The guy in my group that won got recognized for 2 projects I led. One was done before he came on board. The other he came in on the tail end and had zero to do with. I totally led them. This is like the 4th time over the years this has happened to me. No one in an operations driven organization ever appreciates marketing communications. But I PROJECT LED these. This guy is connected.

I confess as soon as the awards were over I grabbed my stuff, went to hotel, and am now drowning my sorrows by reading this thread. :( I am feeling very sad.

You being sad, makes me sad. I'm sorry someone else got recognition for your hard work. That really sucks. I present this award to you, which I'm sure is far superior to any plaque he got.

w54dv1w9uprh.gif

Thanks, and I totally just laughed at that. :) Its decidedly better than the glass president's award he got (FOR MY WORK!).
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess - if I have nothing to do at work, they should pay me to do what I want to do (like go home and take a nap.) It only seems fair.

Seems fair to me.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o

It is me. 4 in the home now, 2 on the porch, and 2 at the barn. I have to admit 4 in the home is a lot now when I feed. And the politics of who gets fed where...exhausting. But Cobweb is doing great (latest addition, you all went through that with me). He is the sweetest cat.

He likes to jump on the 1/2 wall between the toilet and the vanity when I get out of the shower and while I dry myself off he reaches out to me, to be petted, etc. The other day, I bent over drying my legs and he proceeded to walk onto my back and lay down! So there I am, stark naked, with a purring cat laying on my back and licking my wet hair. I crouched down to try and get him to walk off me, but he resettled himself and kept purring away. I finally had to slowly stand until he slid off, praying all the time he wouldn't grab me with his claws to stay on. If I had had a camera and wasn't such a prude, I would have taken a selfie and posted it (but yes, I was stark naked, so probably that wouldn't be allowed on here!).

That is so sweet!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 I'm sorry that guy took credit for YOUR work! So frustrating. And I see you as "Doctor Patricia". Is that okay?

@Tubbs216 give him enough Valium to knock him out. Seriously though, I hope it goes well and that he's not too much of a baby for you!

I never use the Dr. but yes, feel free! As long as its not Dr. Pat
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    While I see your point, here's something that a lot of people don't stop to consider when writing off people as nasty or vulgar:

Humans are sexual beings; there's no doubt about that. Our bodies were created in a way that is attractive to each other, and in a way that causes us to be aroused by the bodies of those that we define as attractive. This applies to both males and females. Sexual thoughts and fantasies are a natural part of ALL of us, whether we like it or not, and labeling someone as a bad or nasty person for thinking those sorts of thoughts about an attractive person would mean labeling most of the world as such

What would be nasty, vulgar, or inappropriate is treating or regarding them as nothing but an object of desire and thinking of them as such--which is the vibe I got from the original post being discussed. I think someone is nasty or vulgar if they go around announcing that they did something like that or discussed it in an open group of other people. I also find it nasty, unethical, and inappropriate if someone did that in a professional environment--we aren't animals, and we should be able to control ourselves.

The Islamic side of the matter is a whole other novel that I won't go into, but to make it short, Islam recognizes the above as fact of our human-ness. :)

Just my two cents--I hope I came across clearly. Although considering how long it is, there might be a whole dollar in there... ;)
    Agreed 100% ain't nothing wrong with that. Bolded agreed 1000%
    Yep, I agree... I regret my post not being more clear regarding the fact that I was referring to those exhibiting the type(s) of behavior(s) associated with what was conveyed by the OP, and which would be considered highly unwelcome, disturbing, and completely inappropriate...
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options

Okay testing my ability to remove photos. Cats are gorgeous BTW! And the puppy!

Okay for some reason that ended up in the quote. I'll keep trying!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    New confession. Yup, I did just fall asleep at my desk for 15mins. I think this thread is an obsession because the first thing I thought of when I woke up was to tell you guys about it.

I don't know if I should be concerned about this or not...

These days when something happens to me, the first thing I think about is when can I tell you guys.

Plus, you have now replaced my previous evening occupation of going to a bar, eating dinner, drinking wine and reading the newspaper or a book. Now I come home, drink coffee and try to catch up. I count this as a win in my ongoing attempt to quit drinking totally....still not successful but this visiting you guys instead is helping!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I wonder why this thread is so hard to find suddenly!!

I am leaving for work now and hoping today is a good day!

Yesterday sucked!

I got lost running an errand for my son (he got his grad hoodie for next year Monday and his name was spelled wrong, so had to find the uniform shop and get it fixed).....then we realized his bike was stolen, he just recently bought it and it is his transportation to and from work, so he had to walk yesterday, and today. Then I missed my gym time because as I was heading there, the office staff at my building called me and told me another bike had been stolen and asked me to see if I could come and view the video....that took a while and we saw nothing actually.

I feel bad for my son :(

Work is stressful right now too, kind of a long story, but we had a new girl that only worked about two months and now is off sick for an 'undetermented' amount of time, so they are replacing her and her husband came in Monday while I was there and freaked out on my boss....I do not generally work on Tuesdays but my boss text me and said this is becoming a bit of a nightmare. I have known her husband for years and now things are awkward, and I got her the job for him......my boss is cool, she knows I could not have known, but the whole situation is just sucky and stressful.

Plus I am still not really speaking to my SO still, we are on week two.....so that just adds to the stress.

I am not going to let it ruin tonight though! Tonight is the only night in a long while that I will be home alone. My daughter is out of town visiting a friend and my son is working. My daughter keeps getting straight day shifts, which is strange for a 19 year old working at tourist attractions that are open all night...and she is a new hire....over all it is great because she can rely on the bus which is obviously much cheaper than cabs etc, but it is seriously cutting into my alone time that over the last year I have gotten very used to! A year ago I never had alone time, but now I love it, lol.

So, tonight, I am going to indulge in a chicken bacon alfredo pizza from domino's and watch Big Brother! I figure I have about five hours of alone time after work before my son gets home....so I am gonna get everything done I need to do right away and then sit on the sofa and just bask in my aloneness lol.

Today is my day off logging so I am not worried about such things tonight, I am gonna eat super light during the day, just a light lunch and already did not eat much breakfast, but tonight I will eat pizza and my favorite Haagan Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream.....I am not even gonna have my phone on!

P.S. BB people, I am gonna go start the thread now, so don't forget to check there later!!

Have a great day everyone!

Sorry for the rough time you are going through. Enjoy your evening!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess I woke up on the wrong side of this bed this morning and I am CRANKY! Someone should send me to bed for a nap and a reset... :(

ETA: Did I spell cranky wrong? Neither spelling looks right...

If someone replied to you I missed it...yes, you spelled cranky correctly. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 I'm sorry you didn't get recognized for your hard work Patricia! I would be so upset too as that's really unfair! Just remember we all here think you are SUPER GREAT! :)

Thank you!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Started the C25k app today because I like having someone tell me when to run and when to walk :)

I am ready to start that myself. I was hoping that would tell me what to do!!

I really like it because I'll be going along listening to my music and it'll beep and say start walking then beep start running and I don't have to look at my watch or anything it's great!

Great news for me. I am working on getting my physical endurance up a bit for a mud run in October.

Which one? I have done a bunch... Love them! It's like being 5 all over again.

It is called the Gritty Goddess. I love that it is noncompetative and anyone of any fitness level can participate. If any of the obstacles are felt to be too difficult you can go by them. I just love going through all of them. At least this go round, I plan to get myself some cheap knee pads and a pair of lifting gloves or something without the fingers. Crawling through mud with lots of small stones= many scratches on the hands and knees. They are really a lot of fun!

ETA: It is a 5k, not nearly as long as the ones you do!

Sounds great! Have a blast!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ccourcha wrote: »
    Beat off at work bathroom to thoughts of new reception girl

I think it's funny that you say this, but on your page your inspirations are

> Intimidating the boys coming around for my daughters
    > To be the best example to my son that I can be

that new reception girl is someones daughter too y'know, and I'm not sure that is a good example of being a man now is it?

Woot woot, you tell 'em Lois! High five! As a former CO I had to deal with men who felt perfectly comfortable doing this right in front of me like it was normal. Disgusting.

That is disgusting. Like seriously.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oh look its 1066. Battle of Hastings. :)