Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #23

i'm not sure if i should even be allowed to call these "dates" anymore.
    more like casual meet and greets.

case in point, last night:
    chatting with dude, and he's like hey i'm over at this local bar, you should stop by. i kindly tell him no way, 'cause
    1. i've had a few beverages and didn't want to go anywhere and
    2. it's garbage night and i've got a lot of junk to do around the house!
    hehehe

so then he offers to stop by and help me do chores (lol)
    sure thing!
    which really just consisted of us moving from room to room chatting while i cleaned and he tried to befriend my dogs (this effort was in vain, my dogs hate everyone). still a fun time though!

nice enough dude, but prolly not for me.

Ha! Well, at least you aren't wasting a lot of time getting all dressed up for these guys. I will say this, though. Please be careful. You never know anybody's story that you meet online. I worry for you telling them where you live before you know them.

THIS
    This unless you have a carry permit and a gun on you all the time. I don't want your friend to have to avenge you. And I really don't want you to have to shoot some maniac you met on the internet either.

I don't think you need a permit in Arizona. Or to register. I think a concealed permit is pretty simple to get.

I have seen guns carried in grocery stores, on walks, and other random locations.
    But. I don't really know.

A lot of states allow people to open carry without a permit. A permit is needed to conceal carry.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

Mmm wow didn't know those existed!!

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Yes, yes... 1000 times yes.

The only good thing about fall: it's Pumpkin Season.

I love it!!

I've already bought some Pumpkin foods B).

Pumpkin Fiber One bar (pretty good for 90 calories), Chobani Pumpkin Spice (awful for 130 calories), & Dannon Pumpkin yogurt (170 calories & really good).

I had my first Pumpkin Chai latte of the season yesterday....MMmmmmm!

@KylerJaye and @kecmw25 - BLASPHEMY!

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte this weekend from Starbucks. They changed the ingredients and I'm not a fan of the new taste which makes me sad, I love pumpkin anything (I'm an October baby, my mom would make me pumpkin flavoured cakes etc).

If you have a Target near you then they have a lot of different Pumpkin/Halloween foods this year. I bought Pumpkin Spice M&Ms, Peeps in Pumpkin Spice, Candy Corn, & Caramel Apple flavors, a Russell Stover's Pumpkin Spice Latte candy bar, & a Hammonds Candy Corn Bar (this was awful).

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Peeps & they were awesome! I wish I would've bought a few more packages of them.

I hope I can find the Peanut Butter & Co. Pumpkin Spice spread & the Hostess Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes.

Wait, like the swirly topped kind? The orange ones were my reason to live at one point* and this I could get behind.

*possible exaggeration

Do you mean the Peeps?

I bought fall Peeps today. Caramel apple and pumpkin spice.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

I don't like All Dressed because to me the dominant flavour is BBQ, which I don't like.

If you're a big fan of BBQ chips, go for it.

I don't find that, I find the dominate taste is vinegar.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    It mentions vinegar. Can you taste vinegar at all? :s

LOL see above
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

Mmm wow didn't know those existed!!

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Yes, yes... 1000 times yes.

The only good thing about fall: it's Pumpkin Season.

I love it!!

I've already bought some Pumpkin foods B).

Pumpkin Fiber One bar (pretty good for 90 calories), Chobani Pumpkin Spice (awful for 130 calories), & Dannon Pumpkin yogurt (170 calories & really good).

I had my first Pumpkin Chai latte of the season yesterday....MMmmmmm!

@KylerJaye and @kecmw25 - BLASPHEMY!

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte this weekend from Starbucks. They changed the ingredients and I'm not a fan of the new taste which makes me sad, I love pumpkin anything (I'm an October baby, my mom would make me pumpkin flavoured cakes etc).

If you have a Target near you then they have a lot of different Pumpkin/Halloween foods this year. I bought Pumpkin Spice M&Ms, Peeps in Pumpkin Spice, Candy Corn, & Caramel Apple flavors, a Russell Stover's Pumpkin Spice Latte candy bar, & a Hammonds Candy Corn Bar (this was awful).

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Peeps & they were awesome! I wish I would've bought a few more packages of them.

I hope I can find the Peanut Butter & Co. Pumpkin Spice spread & the Hostess Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes.

I bought a limited addition pumpkin pie ice cream today......

Yum sounds good, which brand is it?

Kawartha Dairy
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    My confession is that I want to tell someone how disgusting this is. One of the ward clerks in the hospital I work at is in the habit of going to the canteen, buying a breakfast (on a disposable plate) and then visiting the toilets. She then taketakes the plate of uncovered food INTO THE CUBICLE where she places it on the floor. I am utterly bemused by this. Why on earth she doesn't use the toilet before buying her breakfast just cannot fathom.
    I just want your opinion on this. Can anyone suggest any reason for this? Am I being too fastidious?

*gags*
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    hi all,

haven't been on here in a while, but my summer job is over so I have tons of free time to browse and post.

Welcome back!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm so far behind here and the batcave I've been avoiding the site since looking at all of it gives me anxiety :(

@LBuehrle8 No avoiding us!! We will stalk you. :heart: Don't feel like you have to keep up on everything!! We miss you when you're gone. It's absolutely ok to not respond to all the things - we know you care! I can't check the thread from home, so I miss a lot during my evening/nights and on the weekends most of the time.

Oh my goodness. How could you avoid us. No excuse is worth missing you !
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #23

chatting with dude, and he's like hey i'm over at this local bar, you should stop by. i kindly tell him no way, 'cause
    hehehe

sure thing!
    which really just consisted of us moving from room to room chatting while i cleaned and he tried to befriend my dogs (this effort was in vain, my dogs hate everyone). still a fun time though!

If the dogs hate him, you can't keep him. Just saying...

But the dogs hate everyone....

I've learned from previous dating exploits that I really can not trust Tessa's judgement when it comes to people.
    When it comes to whether or not I should take her for a walk? TOTALLY trust her. 10/10! Both Paws down! I trust her 100%
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I confess I'm a home wrecker......

Today as I was out walking I noticed a pretty blue gray bird by the side of the lake and as I passed, I watched it fly off it was beautiful.
    When I turned my face forward again I did so just in time to see the middle of a rather large spider web. It spanned over my head to mid chest.

First of all I'm sorry spider for wrecking your very close knit large web. I'm sure it took along time to make. I hope you have enough web to build another one

Secondly. Shriek, wild thrashing about with my arms trying to get it off of me, and dear God please don't let that spider be on me.

I was pulling weeds in my front flower garden Saturday. (It was WAY past due, and the weeds were way out of control, but that's a different confession.) I have a certain garbage can that I put pulled weeds in. It's really old and has a hole worn in the bottom, so I can't put anything small or liquid in it. Anyway, I pull out this garbage can and there is a GINORMOUS black widow spider in its web behind the garbage can. I don't have a photo to show you, because I was too busy SQUISHING it!!!

Black widow spiders freaked me out as a kid. Some how I got the impression that if they bit me I could become very ill and possibly die.

We had a tack shed that they seemed to like for some reason. I remember going into it with my sister behind me.
    Well there was one over my head and running right at me. I think I ran clean over my sister to get out.

My husband laughs about when he was young that they ( all boys in the family) had a black widow spider as a pet. They would feed it flies. They kept it in a mason jar with little holes in the top so it could breathe. All went well until till she had about 1000 babies that were small enough to crawl out the holes in the top. They all laugh about it.

To this day I can catch and hold almost anything but spiders.

I woke up with a black widow on my chest once (on top of the blanket) as a teenager. Totally freaked out about that!

I used to keep a carafe of water next to my bed because I woke up thirsty a lot. One night, I was lazy and, instead of sitting up to drink, I just picked up the carafe in the dark and tilted it over my mouth. A COCKROACH fell off the lip. ONTO MY FACE. To this day, a cockroach is the only bug that will send me running and screaming. Before that, I wasn't at all afraid of them. A cockroach running across your face can do that to you, apparently.

OMG, that's super gross. Right after college I moved into an apartment in Brooklyn by myself. My first morning I went to get in the shower and a cockroach the size of my palm was just sitting there on my soap. I cried. LOL I'm fairly certain I did not shower that day.

Ugh I probably would've threw the soap out the window :D:D:D.

Not sure if I posted this in the thread before, but when we were younger & lived in an apartment my mom & stepdad found a baby snake in their bed as they were sleeping.

I was about to hop into bed one night while living in Odessa, TX when a mother scorpion released her babies from her back....All over MY PILLOW!

Normally, I would just hope into bed with the lights off. I'm SO glad I didn't. I still cant. I ALWAYS check my bed/sheets.

That night ALL the dirty laundry got done and the sheets that were on the bed at the time were thrown in the fire pit and burned.
  • BodyByBex
    edited September 2015
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #23

hehehe

sure thing!

Ha! Well, at least you aren't wasting a lot of time getting all dressed up for these guys. I will say this, though. Please be careful. You never know anybody's story that you meet online. I worry for you telling them where you live before you know them.

THIS
    This unless you have a carry permit and a gun on you all the time. I don't want your friend to have to avenge you. And I really don't want you to have to shoot some maniac you met on the internet either.

I don't think you need a permit in Arizona. Or to register. I think a concealed permit is pretty simple to get.

I have seen guns carried in grocery stores, on walks, and other random locations.

Arizona has "Permitless Carry".(ETA: Passed in 2010) You can carry concealed or open carry, if you are over the age of 21 and eligible to purchase a firearm within the state of Arizona, no permit required.

IF you get a permit, you can then carry in Federal Gun Free school zones and into bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.

ETA:
    Arizona honors all other states Permits/Licenses.
    Arizona Honors All Non-Resident Permits/Licenses

There are some important things about carrying identification with you at all times that you carry a gun, which should be a given. I carry ID with me EVERYWHERE if only for the purpose of identifying my body if/when I die...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    hi all,

haven't been on here in a while, but my summer job is over so I have tons of free time to browse and post.

What a very cool coincidence! I was mentioning you to my husband just a couple of days back, when talking about thread members who had disappeared. Glad to see you back here, welcome!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    My confession is that I want to tell someone how disgusting this is. One of the ward clerks in the hospital I work at is in the habit of going to the canteen, buying a breakfast (on a disposable plate) and then visiting the toilets. She then taketakes the plate of uncovered food INTO THE CUBICLE where she places it on the floor. I am utterly bemused by this. Why on earth she doesn't use the toilet before buying her breakfast just cannot fathom.
    I just want your opinion on this. Can anyone suggest any reason for this? Am I being too fastidious?

I can't think of any reason to take your food into the bathroom at all. Even if I had bought my food before I got the urge, I would find a safe place to set it down before going to the bathroom.
    How does one wash their hands? Even if you washed your hands the tray with your food is dirty when you pick it up and you dirty yor hands. Totally Gross.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Arizona has "Permitless Carry".(ETA: Passed in 2010) You can carry concealed or open carry, if you are over the age of 21 and eligible to purchase a firearm within the state of Arizona, no permit required.

IF you get a permit, you can then carry in Federal Gun Free school zones and into bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.

ETA:

There are some important things about carrying identification with you at all times that you carry a gun, which should be a given. I carry ID with me EVERYWHERE if only for the purpose of identifying my body if/when I die...

*horrified scream*
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

ETA:

*horrified scream*

I would HOPE they would know they can carry into the alcohol serving restaurant/bar but have the COMMON SENSE to NOT DRINK ALCOHOL!

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm a home wrecker......

Today as I was out walking I noticed a pretty blue gray bird by the side of the lake and as I passed, I watched it fly off it was beautiful.
    When I turned my face forward again I did so just in time to see the middle of a rather large spider web. It spanned over my head to mid chest.

First of all I'm sorry spider for wrecking your very close knit large web. I'm sure it took along time to make. I hope you have enough web to build another one

Secondly. Shriek, wild thrashing about with my arms trying to get it off of me, and dear God please don't let that spider be on me.

I was pulling weeds in my front flower garden Saturday. (It was WAY past due, and the weeds were way out of control, but that's a different confession.) I have a certain garbage can that I put pulled weeds in. It's really old and has a hole worn in the bottom, so I can't put anything small or liquid in it. Anyway, I pull out this garbage can and there is a GINORMOUS black widow spider in its web behind the garbage can. I don't have a photo to show you, because I was too busy SQUISHING it!!!

Black widow spiders freaked me out as a kid. Some how I got the impression that if they bit me I could become very ill and possibly die.

We had a tack shed that they seemed to like for some reason. I remember going into it with my sister behind me.
    Well there was one over my head and running right at me. I think I ran clean over my sister to get out.

My husband laughs about when he was young that they ( all boys in the family) had a black widow spider as a pet. They would feed it flies. They kept it in a mason jar with little holes in the top so it could breathe. All went well until till she had about 1000 babies that were small enough to crawl out the holes in the top. They all laugh about it.

To this day I can catch and hold almost anything but spiders.

I woke up with a black widow on my chest once (on top of the blanket) as a teenager. Totally freaked out about that!

I used to keep a carafe of water next to my bed because I woke up thirsty a lot. One night, I was lazy and, instead of sitting up to drink, I just picked up the carafe in the dark and tilted it over my mouth. A COCKROACH fell off the lip. ONTO MY FACE. To this day, a cockroach is the only bug that will send me running and screaming. Before that, I wasn't at all afraid of them. A cockroach running across your face can do that to you, apparently.

OMG, that's super gross. Right after college I moved into an apartment in Brooklyn by myself. My first morning I went to get in the shower and a cockroach the size of my palm was just sitting there on my soap. I cried. LOL I'm fairly certain I did not shower that day.

Ugh I probably would've threw the soap out the window :D:D:D.

Not sure if I posted this in the thread before, but when we were younger & lived in an apartment my mom & stepdad found a baby snake in their bed as they were sleeping.

I was about to hop into bed one night while living in Odessa, TX when a mother scorpion released her babies from her back....All over MY PILLOW!

Normally, I would just hope into bed with the lights off. I'm SO glad I didn't. I still cant. I ALWAYS check my bed/sheets.

That night ALL the dirty laundry got done and the sheets that were on the bed at the time were thrown in the fire pit and burned.

Ah! How did you end up getting the mom & babies off the pillow?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #23

hehehe

sure thing!

THIS

ETA:

Thanks! I thought it was simple here. Many of my labmates in grad school had guns and some made their own bullets so I overheard a lot of gun talk. They loved the hobby of going to the range. Two were hunters.

I carry id with me all the time too. Unless I am working in my yard or going on a short walk or run on my block.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

ETA:

*horrified scream*

I would HOPE they would know they can carry into the alcohol serving restaurant/bar but have the COMMON SENSE to NOT DRINK ALCOHOL!

I don't trust a country where the response is to cling tighter to guns after the mass murder of innocent children to have the common sense not to drink.
  • BodyByBex
    edited September 2015
    Options

ETA:

*horrified scream*

I don't trust a country where the response is to cling tighter to guns after the mass murder of innocent children to have the common sense not to drink.

Guns are not the entire problem. The bigger part of it is the lack of respect and regard for human life and the lack of empathy.

Just like you don't NEED religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong, then you lack empathy, not religion.

ETA: spelling is hard.... :grumble:

ETA: Confession: This is REALLY hard for me but, because this is a 'hot issue' or an 'inflammatory issue' and I don't want the thread shut down, I will ignore the topic and anything else said on it despite my passion for all of my rights. Are the supporters or the spokespeople for the supporters of the second amendment always right? No. Are the people who want more gun control always right? No.
    Do we all have a right to our opinions? Yes.

I also know I have enough empathy to realize that I can not and will not try to convince someone else to share my opinion just because they hold a different one. I've been on that side before and it doesn't do anything but waste the time of both sides of the argument/disagreement/issue.