Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    What would be nasty, vulgar, or inappropriate is treating or regarding them as nothing but an object of desire and thinking of them as such--which is the vibe I got from the original post being discussed. I think someone is nasty or vulgar if they go around announcing that they did something like that or discussed it in an open group of other people. I also find it nasty, unethical, and inappropriate if someone did that in a professional environment--we aren't animals, and we should be able to control ourselves.
    Yes! On a local forum, someone had the gall to ask why the district was hiring younger female teachers as they would be "too much" for their sons to handle. Nearly everyone on the board agreed, completely ignoring the the fact that their children are old enough to know right from wrong.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I applied for a promotion at work and my interview was scheduled for tomorrow at 9. I was super psyched and totally ready but I was just rescheduled for Monday. My whole groove is thrown off! Confession: this makes me want to drink all the beer.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I tripped and fell during my run this morning. I am thankful that my dog showed geniune concern for me instead of laughing.

Awww I hope you're okay, the bolded did make me smile though. I always found it funny how they instantly start sniffing your face to see if you're okay. Almost like they are trying to sniff out tears. Or was that just my dog?

... I think my cat would probably point and laugh. ;)

Confession: I'm feeling really panicky/anxious and have been for the last two hours. My husband has a 10 PM to midnight exam (nice timing, right?!) and I really hate being alone at night. It's currently 12:12 and I'm hoping he'll be home soon. :(

I'm also kind of depressed about the fact that I ate so many butterscotch chips that even with SIX HUNDRED CALORIES burned in more than two hours of exercise, I'm still over my calorie goal. What is WRONG with me!? :(

By the way, you guys, I have a question. MFP says I burnt 1100 calories with my exercise burn, and I never trust it. My stationary bike says 600, but all the sites I've been able to find say I burned 800-1000. I don't own an HRM, and I can't find a site where I can plug in the amount of miles I pedaled or the average speed I maintained, so I don't know what to trust. What do you all think?

Editing to add: For stats, I did a little over 130 minutes with an average speed of slightly over 15 miles per hour and rode for a total of 30.5 miles, according to the monitor on my bike. My height is 1.7 meters or 5'6ish, and my current weight is (Ugh) 70 kg or 154 lbs. Any help is appreciated. :)
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Also wondering where @ShibaEars is!!
    And @smashley_mashley.

Smashley is around, or she was yesterday, she was having issues getting a hospital/doctors appointment.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    And @smashley_mashley.

Smashley is around, or she was yesterday, she was having issues getting a hospital/doctors appointment.

Pretty sure that was spamarie. :)
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession.... I hardly ever log my foods. It's not because I am hiding anything but moreso because I've been calorie counting for sooo long along with the fact I 'rut eat' a lot, my mind automatically keeps a running total for each day. I am always under my goal anyways so the only time I log is when I am eating something bad or new and high calorie. I also HAAATE trying to find new foods and the stupid barcode scanner doesn't work on my version of Android OS.

Also, starting in late January at 314'ish. I am 52 lbs down as of today. 261. Picking up a 45 lb plate and thinking about stuffing that back on to my body makes me sick. >_<

:hushed: well done! You must be so proud of yourself!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I tripped and fell during my run this morning. I am thankful that my dog showed geniune concern for me instead of laughing.

Awww I hope you're okay, the bolded did make me smile though. I always found it funny how they instantly start sniffing your face to see if you're okay. Almost like they are trying to sniff out tears. Or was that just my dog?

Confession: I'm feeling really panicky/anxious and have been for the last two hours. My husband has a 10 PM to midnight exam (nice timing, right?!) and I really hate being alone at night. It's currently 12:12 and I'm hoping he'll be home soon. :(

I'm also kind of depressed about the fact that I ate so many butterscotch chips that even with SIX HUNDRED CALORIES burned in more than two hours of exercise, I'm still over my calorie goal. What is WRONG with me!? :(

By the way, you guys, I have a question. MFP says I burnt 1100 calories with my exercise burn, and I never trust it. My stationary bike says 600, but all the sites I've been able to find say I burned 800-1000. I don't own an HRM, and I can't find a site where I can plug in the amount of miles I pedaled or the average speed I maintained, so I don't know what to trust. What do you all think?

Editing to add: For stats, I did a little over 130 minutes with an average speed of slightly over 15 miles per hour and rode for a total of 30.5 miles, according to the monitor on my bike. My height is 1.7 meters or 5'6ish, and my current weight is (Ugh) 70 kg or 154 lbs. Any help is appreciated. :)

I'd go with the 600, personally, to be safe.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    And @smashley_mashley.

Pretty sure that was spamarie. :)

Yes, I stand corrected. Apologies. Ooh so I wonder where Smashley is?
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

I'd go with the 600, personally, to be safe.

That's my plan... I just wish I could go with 1000 because then I'd be under my goal, and I was hoping for confirmation that it might be a feasible burn. :o
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Yea so I need to go to sleep or I'll be napping at work again tomorrow :confounded:
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    E

Everywhere I looked said moderate effort (and you are borderline vigorous) says 450 calories per hour.

If you want to be safe I'd say 800 would be conservative. I even tried plugging I your stats but that gave me 1800.

I hope that helps.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah today's the day I'm giving up on keeping up with this thread...
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    E

Everywhere I looked said moderate effort (and you are borderline vigorous) says 450 calories per hour.

If you want to be safe I'd say 800 would be conservative. I even tried plugging I your stats but that gave me 1800.

I hope that helps.

Thank you! :) Your help is very much appreciated. :smiley:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    E

I hope that helps.

I'm 5'5", 133 pounds, and I only burn 240ish calories in one hour of pretty vigorous effort on my stationary bike.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I applied for a promotion at work and my interview was scheduled for tomorrow at 9. I was super psyched and totally ready but I was just rescheduled for Monday. My whole groove is thrown off! Confession: this makes me want to drink all the beer.

Aww. I hope you still get prepared and get your groove back in time for the interview. Good luck!!

I had a similar thing happen at work recently. I had to do a driving test (driving is sort of a phobia-I try to avoid driving if possible). So my test was scheduled and I stressed out all day and was ready to get it over with. I get to the car and they can't find the keys so they have to reschedule for the next afternoon. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Another night/day of stress. I passed but talked to HR so I'm on the bottom of the driving list.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I think someone on a pc could just start a new thread and link to this one with an explanation post as the first post.

Since our problem doesn't seem to be getting fixed.

Anyone think that is an idea?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

Aww. I hope you still get prepared and get your groove back in time for the interview. Good luck!!

I had a similar thing happen at work recently. I had to do a driving test (driving is sort of a phobia-I try to avoid driving if possible). So my test was scheduled and I stressed out all day and was ready to get it over with. I get to the car and they can't find the keys so they have to reschedule for the next afternoon. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Another night/day of stress. I passed but talked to HR so I'm on the bottom of the driving list.

At first I read that as passed out and I thought oh dear that couldn't have been good when she was driving. I Think the heat is getting to me :)
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    @Francl27
    Hopefully you at least saw this one before giving up on keeping up (page 1055). :)

Francl27 wrote: »
    » show previous quotes

It just doesn't look good on me. I don't like ponytails either so at some point the long hair has to go I guess. The main issue I think is that I think it makes my double chin (there's some loose skin in there) more noticeable.

Just bleh.

Sometimes seriously it's totally depressing to have done all that work and realize that I'll never like the way I look...

:( Sorry you are feeling that way. I feel the same way as well. I'm always thinking, even if/when I lose the weight again I still have so many other issues that I don't like (I will have loose skin, my teeth are crooked, I will always have huge legs etc).

I do have to say that I think you look pretty from what I can see in the profile picture. You actually look a lot like someone I work with. :) We are always hardest on ourselves of course. I wonder if anyone else even notices your chin.

Hopefully the hair will grow out a little bit and you will like it better.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

At first I read that as passed out and I thought oh dear that couldn't have been good when she was driving. I Think the heat is getting to me :)

I kind of wished I had just so they know how anxious it did make me. :)

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I can't keep up with this thread not being on the first page- looks
    Like everyone who complained to the mods about us got their wish