Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal You mentioned liking to read the silly stories about me and my husband, so I dug up this one from my birthday last year. I contributed it towards a funny moment book published on Wattpad by a friend, and took a screenshot of the moment in the published book to remember it by. The "Fattos..." was her commentary. :D

j4ptn7tjgih0.png

I always say that when I eat bad food and drink diet soda! It totally works! Until you get on the scale that is....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    caddir wrote: »
    My confession is that I want to tell someone how disgusting this is. One of the ward clerks in the hospital I work at is in the habit of going to the canteen, buying a breakfast (on a disposable plate) and then visiting the toilets. She then taketakes the plate of uncovered food INTO THE CUBICLE where she places it on the floor. I am utterly bemused by this. Why on earth she doesn't use the toilet before buying her breakfast just cannot fathom.
    I just want your opinion on this. Can anyone suggest any reason for this? Am I being too fastidious?

I can't think of any reason to take your food into the bathroom at all. Even if I had bought my food before I got the urge, I would find a safe place to set it down before going to the bathroom.
    How does one wash their hands? Even if you washed your hands the tray with your food is dirty when you pick it up and you dirty yor hands. Totally Gross.

I agree. I'm not a germophobe, but I won't even take an open drink container into a public bathroom. Ick.

I confess this doesn't bother me a bit...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have never seen a cockroach in real life except for once at the zoo. I'm not an overly squeamish person, but I would freak the heck out if I saw some of those bad boys in my house. I don't envy you lot!

I've never seen one either...and I am very thankful for that.

I have worked in many restaurants and I have seen many.... :grimace:

Yep. I've also seen them prancing around the streets of both Philadelphia and Baltimore, though never NYC. Hmm.

ETA: Typing is hard.

The rats probably eat them.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Am I on pg 1600? I always miss these milestones being in a different time zone to most of you!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    My confession is that I want to tell someone how disgusting this is. One of the ward clerks in the hospital I work at is in the habit of going to the canteen, buying a breakfast (on a disposable plate) and then visiting the toilets. She then taketakes the plate of uncovered food INTO THE CUBICLE where she places it on the floor. I am utterly bemused by this. Why on earth she doesn't use the toilet before buying her breakfast just cannot fathom.
    I just want your opinion on this. Can anyone suggest any reason for this? Am I being too fastidious?

Ok got back to the original post. Food in the bathroom does not gross me out. But adding putting it on the floor in the cubicle is a bit much. I would have left it out on the counter. And I wouldn't make a habit of it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok I made 1600! Going to spend 15 min petting the cats piled all over me before I get up! TTYL!
  • Oberon21
    edited September 2015
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Am I on pg 1600? I always miss these milestones being in a different time zone to most of you!

You made it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    We're on page 1599! Almost to 1600!

It feels like it was FOREVER ago when we hit 1500 (compared to previous 100 page markers)!

Ooh I might push us to 1600!

Ooh weird when I got in I didn't think we were on 1600 but it looks like LeeAnn actually pushed us there!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm only posting this in the hopes of getting in on 1600. :p
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

You made it!!

Me too!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    So confession that I haven't been to my gym in several years, but still have the membership. Can't just toss a $25/yr membership, even if I am not using it. Well, today is the day I go reaquaint myself with this space. I just hope I don't get accosted by the Weight Watchers people that are now attached to the gym.

That's a bargain. I wish I could find a gym that cheap. Let us know how it goes.

You know! I pay $60 a MONTH.

Yeah, mine is more like $100 a month. I thought all gyms seemed cheap in the US. I think they work to a different business model.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    projectsix wrote: »
    I have an absolute 100% full on food addiction and binge eating disorder. I would be able to maintain sub 10% year round if I didn't have an eating disorder. In the long run, there is nothing more that has hurt my fitness regimen or my progress than my eating disorder. I have zero faith in actually being able to fix the problem, ever. It sucks but something I've accepted and just live with. It's a mental battle every single day at this point and the only thing I can do is battle the urges to over eat while training as hard as I possibly can with the time available.

That's my confession.

That is a big confession. I've mentioned my daughter is /has struggled on the edge of it and I have several friends who struggle / have struggled. We can help cheer you on if you need it.

Yep. We sure will!!

Definitely!

If you feel like binging just come in here & vent about your day or release your emotions. A lot of us have admitted about binging in here.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

You made it :p.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My two confessions for the day:

1. I am already debating in my head how I want to attack Thanksgiving/Christmas meals this year. I am thinking that I'll eat around 1,300-1,600 a week before the holidays & then have a lot of extra calories to eat back from Fitbit. I don't plan on having an all out gorge like last Christmas, but it would be freeing to know that I can overindulge without having to worry about much.
    2. It's 7:39 & I've already ate a thousand calories. This isn't a binge, but I find on my days off I like to eat a lot of my calories earlier.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    We're on page 1599! Almost to 1600!

It feels like it was FOREVER ago when we hit 1500 (compared to previous 100 page markers)!

That's because so many moved permanently to the BatCave and this place has slowed WAAAAAAY down.

It's so hard to keep up in there :( blah it makes me sad.

I'm actually considering dropping out of this after the 1600 page run. Maybe drop in occasionally, but the real action is definitely in the Batcave now. ;)

Which is why I am checking in here this am... more manageable. I do all of them that I am interested in tho. I find you guys fascinating. ;)

I like coming in here and seeing new people. I'll keep coming in here first. It's good to have new thoughts/confessions.

And guys... this is supposed to be fun. Don't stress. Just jump in where you can.

Thank you for sticking with us. I enjoy your presence.

I tried to find confession is good for the soul under groups and could not find it.
    There are 256 pages of groups. Do you know what page it is on?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    My NSV for today. Saw my doctor this morning, and I no longer have to take BP meds! I am slowly but surely getting off all these darn pills! Two more to go!

WooHoo!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    projectsix wrote: »
    I have an absolute 100% full on food addiction and binge eating disorder. I would be able to maintain sub 10% year round if I didn't have an eating disorder. In the long run, there is nothing more that has hurt my fitness regimen or my progress than my eating disorder. I have zero faith in actually being able to fix the problem, ever. It sucks but something I've accepted and just live with. It's a mental battle every single day at this point and the only thing I can do is battle the urges to over eat while training as hard as I possibly can with the time available.

That's my confession.

If you have named the problem, you can solve the problem. My biggest way to fight binge eating is to leave the house. Thankfully, I have a dog to walk. if I need to stay in, I find something to do that requires both hands, like matching socks.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Just to chime in, my gym is $49 a month...and that's with my corporate discount!

My employer reimburses me $40/month as long as I go 10 times a month. This makes our family membership $27. Love it.
  • sarabeth40
    sarabeth40 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not a gym confession, but my friend is getting back together with her loser boyfriend. He treats her like dirt. I hate him. Anyways, she made him some fall cookies. I might or might not have licked some of them. :p
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    So confession that I haven't been to my gym in several years, but still have the membership. Can't just toss a $25/yr membership, even if I am not using it. Well, today is the day I go reaquaint myself with this space. I just hope I don't get accosted by the Weight Watchers people that are now attached to the gym.

That's a bargain. I wish I could find a gym that cheap. Let us know how it goes.

You know! I pay $60 a MONTH.

Yeah, mine is more like $100 a month. I thought all gyms seemed cheap in the US. I think they work to a different business model.

Most US gyms charge a lower monthly fee and count on every member not coming daily or even every other day. Someone from my YMCA staff is likely to Facebook me today and find out why I haven't been there in over a week.