Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

Mmm wow didn't know those existed!!

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

Yes, yes... 1000 times yes.

The only good thing about fall: it's Pumpkin Season.

I love it!!

I've already bought some Pumpkin foods B).

Pumpkin Fiber One bar (pretty good for 90 calories), Chobani Pumpkin Spice (awful for 130 calories), & Dannon Pumpkin yogurt (170 calories & really good).

I had my first Pumpkin Chai latte of the season yesterday....MMmmmmm!

@KylerJaye and @kecmw25 - BLASPHEMY!

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte this weekend from Starbucks. They changed the ingredients and I'm not a fan of the new taste which makes me sad, I love pumpkin anything (I'm an October baby, my mom would make me pumpkin flavoured cakes etc).

If you have a Target near you then they have a lot of different Pumpkin/Halloween foods this year. I bought Pumpkin Spice M&Ms, Peeps in Pumpkin Spice, Candy Corn, & Caramel Apple flavors, a Russell Stover's Pumpkin Spice Latte candy bar, & a Hammonds Candy Corn Bar (this was awful).

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Peeps & they were awesome! I wish I would've bought a few more packages of them.

I hope I can find the Peanut Butter & Co. Pumpkin Spice spread & the Hostess Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes.

I bought a limited addition pumpkin pie ice cream today......

Yum sounds good, which brand is it?

Trader joe's has its pumpkin stuff out now.

I saw Pumpkin Cheesecake, pumpkin macrons, pumpkin pie, pumpkin butter, pumpkin granola and pumpkin cheerio's.

I think they also had pumpkin ice cream

Their pumpkin ice cream is AMAZING <3
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Thanks guys for understanding, love you all!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I confess I'm a home wrecker......

Today as I was out walking I noticed a pretty blue gray bird by the side of the lake and as I passed, I watched it fly off it was beautiful.
    When I turned my face forward again I did so just in time to see the middle of a rather large spider web. It spanned over my head to mid chest.

First of all I'm sorry spider for wrecking your very close knit large web. I'm sure it took along time to make. I hope you have enough web to build another one

Secondly. Shriek, wild thrashing about with my arms trying to get it off of me, and dear God please don't let that spider be on me.

I was pulling weeds in my front flower garden Saturday. (It was WAY past due, and the weeds were way out of control, but that's a different confession.) I have a certain garbage can that I put pulled weeds in. It's really old and has a hole worn in the bottom, so I can't put anything small or liquid in it. Anyway, I pull out this garbage can and there is a GINORMOUS black widow spider in its web behind the garbage can. I don't have a photo to show you, because I was too busy SQUISHING it!!!

Black widow spiders freaked me out as a kid. Some how I got the impression that if they bit me I could become very ill and possibly die.

We had a tack shed that they seemed to like for some reason. I remember going into it with my sister behind me.
    Well there was one over my head and running right at me. I think I ran clean over my sister to get out.

My husband laughs about when he was young that they ( all boys in the family) had a black widow spider as a pet. They would feed it flies. They kept it in a mason jar with little holes in the top so it could breathe. All went well until till she had about 1000 babies that were small enough to crawl out the holes in the top. They all laugh about it.

To this day I can catch and hold almost anything but spiders.

I woke up with a black widow on my chest once (on top of the blanket) as a teenager. Totally freaked out about that!

I used to keep a carafe of water next to my bed because I woke up thirsty a lot. One night, I was lazy and, instead of sitting up to drink, I just picked up the carafe in the dark and tilted it over my mouth. A COCKROACH fell off the lip. ONTO MY FACE. To this day, a cockroach is the only bug that will send me running and screaming. Before that, I wasn't at all afraid of them. A cockroach running across your face can do that to you, apparently.

OMG, that's super gross. Right after college I moved into an apartment in Brooklyn by myself. My first morning I went to get in the shower and a cockroach the size of my palm was just sitting there on my soap. I cried. LOL I'm fairly certain I did not shower that day.

Ugh I probably would've threw the soap out the window :D:D:D.

Not sure if I posted this in the thread before, but when we were younger & lived in an apartment my mom & stepdad found a baby snake in their bed as they were sleeping.

I was about to hop into bed one night while living in Odessa, TX when a mother scorpion released her babies from her back....All over MY PILLOW!

Normally, I would just hope into bed with the lights off. I'm SO glad I didn't. I still cant. I ALWAYS check my bed/sheets.

That night ALL the dirty laundry got done and the sheets that were on the bed at the time were thrown in the fire pit and burned.

Ah! How did you end up getting the mom & babies off the pillow?

My, now ex, husband put a gardening glove on and brushed them onto the fitted sheet and we bundled it up and threw it in the fire pit.

The dirty sheets that were in the laundry were totally washed and all the laundry was washed, dried, and folded before I felt comfortable even LOOKING at the bed. Then, since we only had two sets of sheets for our HUGE bed at the time, one was now ashes and the other was being washed. I told him to order another set off Amazon.com. He laughed and asked if he should search specifically for "scorpion proof" ones. :laugh:
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I have never seen a cockroach in real life except for once at the zoo. I'm not an overly squeamish person, but I would freak the heck out if I saw some of those bad boys in my house. I don't envy you lot!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I have never seen a cockroach in real life except for once at the zoo. I'm not an overly squeamish person, but I would freak the heck out if I saw some of those bad boys in my house. I don't envy you lot!

I've never seen one either...and I am very thankful for that.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

I have worked in many restaurants and I have seen many.... :grimace:
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

Really? They're everywhere in both Oman and Saudi Arabia. Really big ones, too. We once lived in a house with a broken sewer cover in the yard, and there would be 30-50 HUMONGOUS cockroaches running all over the yard during the summer. You literally had to step/hop/jump/zigzag to avoid them on your way in and out of the walled courtyard. I assure you that this always involved plenty of shrieking on my part.
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Really? They're everywhere in both Oman and Saudi Arabia. Really big ones, too. We once lived in a house with a broken sewer cover in the yard, and there would be 30-50 HUMONGOUS cockroaches running all over the yard during the summer. You literally had to step/hop/jump/zigzag to avoid them on your way in and out of the walled courtyard. I assure you that this always involved plenty of shrieking on my part.

Last night, while checking the kitchen in the admin building, I stepped on one... it was huge. It was gross....The lights were off and it's wiggling body was attached to my shoe when I stepped into the lit hallway.... :astonished:
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #23

i'm not sure if i should even be allowed to call these "dates" anymore.
    more like casual meet and greets.

case in point, last night:
    chatting with dude, and he's like hey i'm over at this local bar, you should stop by. i kindly tell him no way, 'cause
    1. i've had a few beverages and didn't want to go anywhere and
    2. it's garbage night and i've got a lot of junk to do around the house!
    hehehe

so then he offers to stop by and help me do chores (lol)
    sure thing!
    which really just consisted of us moving from room to room chatting while i cleaned and he tried to befriend my dogs (this effort was in vain, my dogs hate everyone). still a fun time though!

nice enough dude, but prolly not for me.

Ha! Well, at least you aren't wasting a lot of time getting all dressed up for these guys. I will say this, though. Please be careful. You never know anybody's story that you meet online. I worry for you telling them where you live before you know them.
    *post date update*

first date #23

chatting with dude, and he's like hey i'm over at this local bar, you should stop by. i kindly tell him no way, 'cause
    hehehe

sure thing!
    which really just consisted of us moving from room to room chatting while i cleaned and he tried to befriend my dogs (this effort was in vain, my dogs hate everyone). still a fun time though!

You are totally my Dating Hero.

I don't think I've been on 23 dates within the last 30 years of my life.

I like the casual approach but there's no way I'd be comfortable with letting a stranger into my home on a first meet.

yeah, one of my friends believes i'm a bit too relaxed with my boundaries. i don't disagree.
    but i do always let her know when i'm going to hang out with a dude. we also have an agreement, if i don't show up to work the next day, she's tasked to "AVENGE ME!!!" *totally with fist thrust into the air*
    "By Grapthar's hammer!"

"What a savings." LOL One of my favorite movies ever.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm a home wrecker......

Today as I was out walking I noticed a pretty blue gray bird by the side of the lake and as I passed, I watched it fly off it was beautiful.
    When I turned my face forward again I did so just in time to see the middle of a rather large spider web. It spanned over my head to mid chest.

First of all I'm sorry spider for wrecking your very close knit large web. I'm sure it took along time to make. I hope you have enough web to build another one

Secondly. Shriek, wild thrashing about with my arms trying to get it off of me, and dear God please don't let that spider be on me.

I was pulling weeds in my front flower garden Saturday. (It was WAY past due, and the weeds were way out of control, but that's a different confession.) I have a certain garbage can that I put pulled weeds in. It's really old and has a hole worn in the bottom, so I can't put anything small or liquid in it. Anyway, I pull out this garbage can and there is a GINORMOUS black widow spider in its web behind the garbage can. I don't have a photo to show you, because I was too busy SQUISHING it!!!

Black widow spiders freaked me out as a kid. Some how I got the impression that if they bit me I could become very ill and possibly die.

We had a tack shed that they seemed to like for some reason. I remember going into it with my sister behind me.
    Well there was one over my head and running right at me. I think I ran clean over my sister to get out.

My husband laughs about when he was young that they ( all boys in the family) had a black widow spider as a pet. They would feed it flies. They kept it in a mason jar with little holes in the top so it could breathe. All went well until till she had about 1000 babies that were small enough to crawl out the holes in the top. They all laugh about it.

To this day I can catch and hold almost anything but spiders.

I woke up with a black widow on my chest once (on top of the blanket) as a teenager. Totally freaked out about that!

I used to keep a carafe of water next to my bed because I woke up thirsty a lot. One night, I was lazy and, instead of sitting up to drink, I just picked up the carafe in the dark and tilted it over my mouth. A COCKROACH fell off the lip. ONTO MY FACE. To this day, a cockroach is the only bug that will send me running and screaming. Before that, I wasn't at all afraid of them. A cockroach running across your face can do that to you, apparently.

OMG, that's super gross. Right after college I moved into an apartment in Brooklyn by myself. My first morning I went to get in the shower and a cockroach the size of my palm was just sitting there on my soap. I cried. LOL I'm fairly certain I did not shower that day.

Ugh I probably would've threw the soap out the window :D:D:D.

Not sure if I posted this in the thread before, but when we were younger & lived in an apartment my mom & stepdad found a baby snake in their bed as they were sleeping.

I was about to hop into bed one night while living in Odessa, TX when a mother scorpion released her babies from her back....All over MY PILLOW!

Normally, I would just hope into bed with the lights off. I'm SO glad I didn't. I still cant. I ALWAYS check my bed/sheets.

That night ALL the dirty laundry got done and the sheets that were on the bed at the time were thrown in the fire pit and burned.

What other choice was there, really?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Arizona has "Permitless Carry".(ETA: Passed in 2010) You can carry concealed or open carry, if you are over the age of 21 and eligible to purchase a firearm within the state of Arizona, no permit required.

IF you get a permit, you can then carry in Federal Gun Free school zones and into bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.

ETA:
    Arizona honors all other states Permits/Licenses.
    Arizona Honors All Non-Resident Permits/Licenses

There are some important things about carrying identification with you at all times that you carry a gun, which should be a given. I carry ID with me EVERYWHERE if only for the purpose of identifying my body if/when I die...

*horrified scream*

I would HOPE they would know they can carry into the alcohol serving restaurant/bar but have the COMMON SENSE to NOT DRINK ALCOHOL!

I don't trust a country where the response is to cling tighter to guns after the mass murder of innocent children to have the common sense not to drink.

This
    Not that whole country, just those 'we must fight for our guns even though we have the highest amount of shooting deaths in the world' wing nuts
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Confession: I just ate a peanut butter and jelly doughnut. If possible, I have negative regrets. That was a sound taste bud investment.

It was just a jelly doughnut with (glorious) peanut butter frosting, but it was absolutely what I needed/wanted.

My local doughnut shop makes a strawberry filled doughnut with peanut butter icing. I miss those. And this year they are making a pumpkin filled with cream cheese icing. I got Mr. Mel.one the other day. It smelled wonderful.

Dear God,

Please let Heaven be filled with these pumpkin donuts when I get there. Thank you.

Love,

Laura

I love it!!

Pumpkin Fiber One bar (pretty good for 90 calories), Chobani Pumpkin Spice (awful for 130 calories), & Dannon Pumpkin yogurt (170 calories & really good).

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte this weekend from Starbucks. They changed the ingredients and I'm not a fan of the new taste which makes me sad, I love pumpkin anything (I'm an October baby, my mom would make me pumpkin flavoured cakes etc).

If you have a Target near you then they have a lot of different Pumpkin/Halloween foods this year. I bought Pumpkin Spice M&Ms, Peeps in Pumpkin Spice, Candy Corn, & Caramel Apple flavors, a Russell Stover's Pumpkin Spice Latte candy bar, & a Hammonds Candy Corn Bar (this was awful).

I tried the Pumpkin Spice Peeps & they were awesome! I wish I would've bought a few more packages of them.

I hope I can find the Peanut Butter & Co. Pumpkin Spice spread & the Hostess Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes.

I bought a limited addition pumpkin pie ice cream today......

Yum sounds good, which brand is it?

Trader joe's has its pumpkin stuff out now.

I saw Pumpkin Cheesecake, pumpkin macrons, pumpkin pie, pumpkin butter, pumpkin granola and pumpkin cheerio's.

I think they also had pumpkin ice cream

Their pumpkin ice cream is AMAZING <3

Yes, yes it is. I don't know about others ones, but the one I bought haa pieces of crust in it! So good!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Ditto
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    *post date update*

first date #23

hehehe

sure thing!

If the dogs hate him, you can't keep him. Just saying...

But the dogs hate everyone....

I've learned from previous dating exploits that I really can not trust Tessa's judgement when it comes to people.
    When it comes to whether or not I should take her for a walk? TOTALLY trust her. 10/10! Both Paws down! I trust her 100%

strangely enough, if we're outside, they love everyone, unless its another dog.
    once home, anyone who enters is the enemy, unless they hang around long enough for them to get used to them, which takes a while. even longer if it's a dude.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Dear God,

Love,

Laura

I love it!!

Wait, like the swirly topped kind? The orange ones were my reason to live at one point* and this I could get behind.

*possible exaggeration

Do you mean the Peeps?

No, the Hostess cupcakes with the little icing swirl. They're not as good as I remember, but they're nostalgic now.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/theimpulsivebuy/20941331479

These might be new?

That's them, they just have a different top from the standard icing swirl. I may need to track these down. Need being a relative term, of course.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

I have worked in many restaurants and I have seen many.... :grimace:

Yep. I've also seen them prancing around the streets of both Philadelphia and Baltimore, though never NYC. Hmm.

ETA: Typing is hard.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Arizona has "Permitless Carry".(ETA: Passed in 2010) You can carry concealed or open carry, if you are over the age of 21 and eligible to purchase a firearm within the state of Arizona, no permit required.

IF you get a permit, you can then carry in Federal Gun Free school zones and into bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.

ETA:

There are some important things about carrying identification with you at all times that you carry a gun, which should be a given. I carry ID with me EVERYWHERE if only for the purpose of identifying my body if/when I die...

*horrified scream*

I would HOPE they would know they can carry into the alcohol serving restaurant/bar but have the COMMON SENSE to NOT DRINK ALCOHOL!

I don't trust a country where the response is to cling tighter to guns after the mass murder of innocent children to have the common sense not to drink.

Guns are not the entire problem. The bigger part of it is the lack of respect and regard for human life and the lack of empathy.

Just like you don't NEED religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong, then you lack empathy, not religion.

ETA: spelling is hard.... :grumble:

ETA: Confession: This is REALLY hard for me but, because this is a 'hot issue' or an 'inflammatory issue' and I don't want the thread shut down, I will ignore the topic and anything else said on it despite my passion for all of my rights. Are the supporters or the spokespeople for the supporters of the second amendment always right? No. Are the people who want more gun control always right? No.
    Do we all have a right to our opinions? Yes.

I also know I have enough empathy to realize that I can not and will not try to convince someone else to share my opinion just because they hold a different one. I've been on that side before and it doesn't do anything but waste the time of both sides of the argument/disagreement/issue.

Just extending this long enough to say, I'm on your side @lilaclovebird. Must be the cop in me. LOL
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

ETA:

*horrified scream*

Guns are not the entire problem. The bigger part of it is the lack of respect and regard for human life and the lack of empathy.

Just like you don't NEED religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong, then you lack empathy, not religion.

ETA: Confession: This is REALLY hard for me but, because this is a 'hot issue' or an 'inflammatory issue' and I don't want the thread shut down, I will ignore the topic and anything else said on it despite my passion for all of my rights. Are the supporters or the spokespeople for the supporters of the second amendment always right? No. Are the people who want more gun control always right? No.

I also know I have enough empathy to realize that I can not and will not try to convince someone else to share my opinion just because they hold a different one. I've been on that side before and it doesn't do anything but waste the time of both sides of the argument/disagreement/issue.

Just extending this long enough to say, I'm on your side @lilaclovebird. Must be the cop in me. LOL

I agree with you too @lilaclovebird, well said.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

ETA:

*horrified scream*

QFT. And shutting up with you.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options

I saw some when I went travelling in Borneo. I've never moved so quickly.
    I am fine with bugs, leeches, moths, no problem. Cockroaches are a whole other thing. They move SO fast it just freaked me out.