Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    So I feel a little insane right now, to put it mildly. My husband bought me a ring for Christmas/our 3rd anniversary last year (our anniversary is on Valentine's day). I've noticed my original wedding set feeling a little loose lately, and the set he bought me was too small when we got it. We were going to get it resized, but never seemed to have enough money. Tonight. on a hunch, I tried it on. It fits on my ring finger of my left hand, but is still too small for my right ring finger. My wedding set fits on my pointer finger, but I want it on my ring finger. My newer set only fits on my ring finger. I decided that instead of resizing both sets, I'd just stack them. Then, I got so excited about all four rings fitting on one finger, that I took a picture as evidence that my finger has really gotten smaller. I didn't like the first picture, so I took 51 others until I found the one I really like :astonished: I only know it was 51 more because my trashcan told me so.

In short, I've spent 20 minutes, minimal, trying to get a good picture because I'm happy my finger isn't as fat as it was 10 months ago. Now, I feel absolutely batshit crazy.

ckctfdl15giz.jpg

So cool! I'm not the only one who goes photo crazy. Your not nuts you are enjoying the new you
  • raymax4
    Options
    I'm feeling seriously discouraged that while I'm now a size 22/20 jeans more than a couple friends who are the same height and weight or bigger are 3 sizes smaller. :(

I'm sorry. That can be discouraging.
    I find what works for me is to compete against myself. How much better am I from last month
    Good lick
  • raymax4
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I'm feeling seriously discouraged that while I'm now a size 22/20 jeans more than a couple friends who are the same height and weight or bigger are 3 sizes smaller. :(

I'm sorry. That can be discouraging.
    I find what works for me is to compete against myself. How much better am I from last month
    Good lick

Luck hex spell check
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

I wear three different sizes in the same brand. Cuts and sizes can be weird. Plus brands are inconsistent and throw in some vanity sizing and the numbers are meaningless.

First focus on fit and what is most flattering to you.

Second. Why do you care what size your friends wear?

Hugs

Exactly! And we are all built different even if the same weight. Just focus on you.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    So I feel a little insane right now, to put it mildly. My husband bought me a ring for Christmas/our 3rd anniversary last year (our anniversary is on Valentine's day). I've noticed my original wedding set feeling a little loose lately, and the set he bought me was too small when we got it. We were going to get it resized, but never seemed to have enough money. Tonight. on a hunch, I tried it on. It fits on my ring finger of my left hand, but is still too small for my right ring finger. My wedding set fits on my pointer finger, but I want it on my ring finger. My newer set only fits on my ring finger. I decided that instead of resizing both sets, I'd just stack them. Then, I got so excited about all four rings fitting on one finger, that I took a picture as evidence that my finger has really gotten smaller. I didn't like the first picture, so I took 51 others until I found the one I really like :astonished: I only know it was 51 more because my trashcan told me so.

In short, I've spent 20 minutes, minimal, trying to get a good picture because I'm happy my finger isn't as fat as it was 10 months ago. Now, I feel absolutely crazy.

Congratulations! Loose Jewlery is a huge win!

Congrats!

@pofoster21 love the editing

Just continuing my ongoing quest to clean up our language! ;)

And I love you for that! <3
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I wear three different sizes in the same brand. Cuts and sizes can be weird. Plus brands are inconsistent and throw in some vanity sizing and the numbers are meaningless.

First focus on fit and what is most flattering to you.

Second. Why do you care what size your friends wear?

Hugs

So much this!

I have a pair of Ann Taylor pants that I can fit in that are supposedly a size 6, a pair of Banana Republic pants that are a size 8, & a pair of Gap pants that are a size 10.

Shirts are even crazier with one being an XS all the way up to a large.

I tried on some clothes that looked like they were from the '90's at GoodWill & I could barely squeeze into them.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I think I ate every sweet thing I came across in my house today. I was kept awake last night by a buzz saw next to me. I tried to sleep in another room, but we only have theatre seating in the living room. Those things are NOT conducive to sleep. I have been tired all day. I did make myself walk on my treadmill for almost two hours, so I did try to do damage control with the all the junk I ate today. Give me strength to do better tomorrow.... :(

I find those ear plugs you get at Home Depot, for working with power tools work well. They are little foam bullets that you squish the air out then put them in your ear. They expand in your ear blocking all moised

I sleep with a buzz saw also and I tried those... in the highest industrial-strength decibel rating I could find... I could still hear him. :/ Plus I would wake up in the middle of the night with wicked sinus pain, I guess they were preventing my ears from draining properly.
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options

I find those ear plugs you get at Home Depot, for working with power tools work well. They are little foam bullets that you squish the air out then put them in your ear. They expand in your ear blocking all moised[/quote]

I sleep with a buzz saw also and I tried those... in the highest industrial-strength decibel rating I could find... I could still hear him. :/ Plus I would wake up in the middle of the night with wicked sinus pain, I guess they were preventing my ears from draining properly.[/quote]

You've just taken my hope away. I've just bought ear plugs for the very same reason. I haven't slept for days due to the noise and I'm figuring I either need to chuck him out or kill him if it doesn't improve soon.

Confession - I get a little bit mean with lack of sleep!!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @KylerJaye wow, you are SO pretty! What a gorgeous smile you have.

I'd much rather look at you than whats-her-face.

<3
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @KylerJaye wow, you are SO pretty! What a gorgeous smile you have.

I'd much rather look at you than whats-her-face.

I agree with this 1000%!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    There were muffins left in the lunch room. They weren't very big and one had chocolate chips on top so I couldn't resist - but I only took half. Bit into it - not chocolate chip. :disappointed: The top was banana bread (not even good banana bread) and the bottom was just flavorless "cake". I ate the chocolate chips and threw the rest out. To get even with the stupid muffin I ate the top of the other half just to get the chocolate and threw the rest of it out too.

This made me laugh! You showed that nasty muffin!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    This morning at work there was a car crash victim that came in. He had minor injuries, but the other driver was a fatality at the scene. His mental health was definitely worse off than his physical health. I checked when I got home and no information had been released, not even the fact that a driver was killed. I looked a little while ago and they said that there is an ongoing investigation and criminal charges could be filed. I'm not sure I understand why though, since the guys BAC was 0, and the other driver swerved into his lane. I hate having more knowledge available to me than what is generally available to the public, since the paper almost makes it sound like this poor guy who was rocking back and forth on a stretcher going "omg he's dead" is some sort of monster :disappointed:

Just a note from the law enforcement side. There is always an investigation on-going. That happens until they have figured out what caused the crash. They have to do speed analysis and investigate the vehicles to see if anything was wrong with them that contributed to the crash, especially if one car caught on fire. They will do blood tests on both involved drivers, for both drugs (legal and illegal) and alcohol. All that stuff takes time. Hence, the "ongoing investigation." As for criminal charges, it totally depends on what the investigation turns up.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm not a happy camper right now. My doctor changed my medicine from strattera to intuniv and I hate it. I'm seriously contemplating calling the office and asking her to try something else. On top of that, I now have to avoid artificial colors/sweeteners/etc for my ADD, and also start a low carb diet for my weight. I've been rebelling all week, but I guess I should get started on this.

I'm so mean though, I told hubs that if I was doing this, so was everyone else. It's far too expensive to buy 2 different kinds of food on our budget!

Low carb isn't too bad once you get used to it. But I haven't done it through winter so I can't speak for a whole year yet.

Edit to add this:
    I'm not a happy camper right now. My doctor changed my medicine from strattera to intuniv and I hate it. I'm seriously contemplating calling the office and asking her to try something else. On top of that, I now have to avoid artificial colors/sweeteners/etc for my ADD, and also start a low carb diet for my weight. I've been rebelling all week, but I guess I should get started on this.

I'm so mean though, I told hubs that if I was doing this, so was everyone else. It's far too expensive to buy 2 different kinds of food on our budget!

Change yuck. Let your doctor know how you feel about the med change. Ask him why he changed it. He may have a reason.
    I know it doesn't feel good right now changeling your diet, but hang in there you may like it in the. Long run.

This program has been an eye opener for me in so many ways. I hope it will be the same for you

I have learnt so much about myself and food since doing low carb. I don't fear the carb, but I know I can have some in small amounts. If I want toast/potato/rice I will have some, but a small amount.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

Low carb isn't too bad once you get used to it. But I haven't done it through winter so I can't speak for a whole year yet.

Edit to add this:

Change yuck. Let your doctor know how you feel about the med change. Ask him why he changed it. He may have a reason.
    I know it doesn't feel good right now changeling your diet, but hang in there you may like it in the. Long run.

This program has been an eye opener for me in so many ways. I hope it will be the same for you

I have learnt so much about myself and food since doing low carb. I don't fear the carb, but I know I can have some in small amounts. If I want toast/potato/rice I will have some, but a small amount.

Thanks! ❤️
    I've tried to do low carb before, but I got overwhelmed and frustrated and quit. I've been looking at recipes to make at home and low carb options when we go out to eat (which happens quite often since we're always busy), but if it's going to help me I'll learn how to adapt to it! :smile:
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I would try the earplugs but I am afraid like, Melissa, I would still be able to hear him. The most frustrating part, it's not constant. He will stop just long enough for me to shut my eyes and then ...... :#
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions. I would try the earplugs but I am afraid like, Melissa, I would still be able to hear him. The most frustrating part, it's not constant. He will stop just long enough for me to shut my eyes and then ...... :#

I wear earplugs when my hubby is snoring loudly. I can usually guess which nights it's gonna be. If he's had any alcohol, if he has a cold, if he's super tired. If I turn on the ceiling fan and wear earplugs, it deadens the sound enough for me to sleep. Lucky for me, if hubby knows he's going to snore loud, he'll sleep on the couch. (We have a very comfy couch. I slept on it for about 4 months when I was pregnant.)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm back! Will post photos and tell you all about Peru in the Batcave!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

YAY, at last! Welcome home! :smiley:
  • quiksylver296
    Options

<3<3<3 So excited to see pics!!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

YAYYY!!!! We missed you!!!!