Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    Major confession.. I feel like a terrible wife. Today at work, one of my coworkers put his hands on my shoulders while he was talking to me. He's very attractive, albeit 7 years older than me. He kept smiling at me and I felt like he was checking me out, which I honestly didn't mind. When he put his hands on my shoulder, my whole body got very warm and I got goosebumps. Granted, I'd never cheat on my husband, but my body's instant reaction made me feel horrible.

If it makes you feel horrible, then don't let it happen again. Just tell your coworker that's inappropriate because you are married and because you work together and move on. Male attention is nice, but you have to know when to put a stop to it, preferably without disturbing your workplace.

I thought about saying something, but then I also thought that maybe I totally misread the situation. I've noticed a lot more lately when people seem to be looking at me for extended periods of time, and sometimes I worry that my mind is jumping to conclusions about peoples gazes. There was a guy looking at me weird in the store the other day, for instance. Probably spent close to 2 minutes just watching me. When I got to the isle, all he commented on was my choice of pickles, as they were his favorite kind too. We talked about how they have no calories and are relatively cheap for a large jar, and I told him to have a great day. He stared at me because I was taking time to read pickle labels. I feel like a crazy person half the time because half my mind is telling me that I'm unattractive and still have a lot of weight left to lose while the other half is saying that I look awesome and people are looking at me because they like what they see, not cause I'm fat.
    I don't know my coworker very well and maybe he's just generally a touchy guy. He was talking to me about a patient, and maybe that was just his way of making sure I stayed focused. He did it again on his way out, to tell me to have a great night, and maybe again it's just part of his personality and he does it to everyone. My mind could have always jumped to conclusions about what his eyes were doing. Every time I looked up, I felt like his eyes were on me, but maybe he was looking at a clock near me or trying to keep track of the physician or something else. I don't know. I feel like if I do say something and I totally misread everything, I'm just going to feel like an *kitten*. We only work together one day a week, so it's not like I see him a lot anyways, and it seems silly to make things awkward if the only true issue is my brain.

When I was with SSP, at work, there was no touching. Other than a handshake after signing paperwork regarding my work performance (although he pushed the other Sergeants and the Supervisory PSO's to do it if they could).
    So even if you WERE single or even seeing this guy, I would put a pretty strict 'No Touching' rule down.
    I wouldn't say anything unless he touches you again and then politely remind him that 'this is a working environment and, in an effort to maintain a certain level of decorum, I would prefer it if you did not touch me if it can be avoided.'

That way, if he has to touch you to administer first aid, or to move you out of the way of imminent danger, he can do so without any fear of repercussion and it will hopefully have him keep his hands to himself.

All of that being said, when I was heavier still, I did notice a fair amount of people 'eyeing' me. It made me uncomfortable at first but since I work nights, I generally have something else on my mind and can't focus on the idea of someone looking at/judging me because I got smurf to DO and I want in my bed ASAP.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I ad match and coupon every week. There are only a handful of things I will pay full price for. Hence the stock pile, that way I never pay full price by having enough to last me the sale cycles.

Just in case you don't get into other threads on here wanted to let you know that there is now a limited edition Pumpkin Pie Quest Bar.

I bought a box at GNC today & they're 220 calories.

I bought a box on Amazon a couple days ago. They should be here soon!!!

I laughed when the lady at GNC told me they were shipped in a special box & she said they had no idea what was in the box. She said on the box it said open this box & get terminated. Quest is serious about their limited edition products.

Apparently some posters in another thread said Quest changed their recipe & the bars don't taste the same. I must have some of the old bars, because I haven't noticed a taste change yet. Then again the only two bars I usually eat are Cookie Dough & White Chocolate Raspberry.

I work in 3rd party logistics. One of our customers is Apple. The amount of security around the new iPhones shipped to our buildings before they're released is CRAZY!

I remember a colleague worked for a company that shipped out the Harry Potter books as they were released, too. Crazy amount of security around that, too.

We have crazy security building up right now for Primate Animal Liberation Week....I'm SO not looking forward to it. New commissioned officers coming in and stepping all over our turf. But we've heard some chatter and it's well warranted and we're fearing for our animals. It must be done for the safety of our animals! I will protect them, not that they are not capable of defending themselves....Chimps are scary.
  • BodyByBex
    edited October 2015
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am getting ready to head out for the weekend. I am sure I won't log faithfully, but I will log what I can. I am still seriously considering doing the challenge on Bodybuilding.com that quiksylver is doing. If I think I am up to it. I gotta start somewhere. Besides, those before pics I took should be enough motivation to never look this way again.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

ETA: It has really given me a mental jumpstart. I've been spot on with eating and exercise and I'm down 4.6 pounds in 8 days...

This would scare me into binging...if I lose too fast, I get scared and overeat. Generally, on potato chips. :naughty:

ETA: typing is difficult today....
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    TacoTina wrote: »
    I'm at a stand still losing weight I was using the scale weight all the time and yesterday
    someone told me to subtract 2 lbs for shoes and clothes weight it made me feel better again.
    I've been working hard for 6 months and watching my food intake for at least 3 to
    4 months I was getting discouraged with not loosing any weight but losing inches
    I can tell but I'm obsessed with losing weight just my rant I feel better now thank you.

Weigh yourself naked. Takes care of that problem! I weigh first thing in the morning, before I eat, after I pee, naked. That's how I'm most sure I'm getting as accurate of a reading as possible.

^^^This!!! It's even better if I can poo along with pee in the morning right away! TMI...I know.

Yup! I always hate when I weigh myself in the morning after I've peed & ate breakfast & then I have to poop. In my head I'm always thinking that could've been another couple ounces or a 1/2 pound.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to head out for the weekend. I am sure I won't log faithfully, but I will log what I can. I am still seriously considering doing the challenge on Bodybuilding.com that quiksylver is doing. If I think I am up to it. I gotta start somewhere. Besides, those before pics I took should be enough motivation to never look this way again.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

ETA: It has really given me a mental jumpstart. I've been spot on with eating and exercise and I'm down 4.6 pounds in 8 days...

Those before pics I took made throw up in my mouth a little. It was a real eye opener. I will make the rest of October my sober October starting Sunday.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I confess I hit my snooze alarm three times today, & so don't want to go to work.
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    TacoTina wrote: »
    I'm at a stand still losing weight I was using the scale weight all the time and yesterday
    someone told me to subtract 2 lbs for shoes and clothes weight it made me feel better again.
    I've been working hard for 6 months and watching my food intake for at least 3 to
    4 months I was getting discouraged with not loosing any weight but losing inches
    I can tell but I'm obsessed with losing weight just my rant I feel better now thank you.

Weigh yourself naked. Takes care of that problem! I weigh first thing in the morning, before I eat, after I pee, naked. That's how I'm most sure I'm getting as accurate of a reading as possible.

^^^This!!! It's even better if I can poo along with pee in the morning right away! TMI...I know.

Yup! I always hate when I weigh myself in the morning after I've peed & ate breakfast & then I have to poop. In my head I'm always thinking that could've been another couple ounces or a 1/2 pound.

^^
    Oh so much this!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Those before pics I took made throw up in my mouth a little. It was a real eye opener. I will make the rest of October my sober October starting Sunday.

I totally understand. Did you post them on bodybuilding.com?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I confess I hit my snooze alarm three times today, & so don't want to go to work.

I do this almost everyday :( I feel your pain
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Same :(

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I ad match and coupon every week. There are only a handful of things I will pay full price for. Hence the stock pile, that way I never pay full price by having enough to last me the sale cycles.

Just in case you don't get into other threads on here wanted to let you know that there is now a limited edition Pumpkin Pie Quest Bar.

I laughed when the lady at GNC told me they were shipped in a special box & she said they had no idea what was in the box. She said on the box it said open this box & get terminated. Quest is serious about their limited edition products.

Apparently some posters in another thread said Quest changed their recipe & the bars don't taste the same. I must have some of the old bars, because I haven't noticed a taste change yet. Then again the only two bars I usually eat are Cookie Dough & White Chocolate Raspberry.

I work in 3rd party logistics. One of our customers is Apple. The amount of security around the new iPhones shipped to our buildings before they're released is CRAZY!

I remember a colleague worked for a company that shipped out the Harry Potter books as they were released, too. Crazy amount of security around that, too.

We have crazy security building up right now for Primate Animal Liberation Week....I'm SO not looking forward to it. New commissioned officers coming in and stepping all over our turf. But we've heard some chatter and it's well warranted and we're fearing for our animals. It must be done for the safety of our animals! I will protect them, not that they are not capable of defending themselves....Chimps are scary.

I hope your week goes well. People who go to extremes seem to lose all rational thought and compassion for anything but their view. Stay safe. Hugs..

And, yes, Chimps are scary!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Same :(

I set two different alarms for 15 minutes apart so I get the satisfaction of turning the first one OFF (not JUST snooze), so that I'm okay getting out of bed when the second one goes off. They're different sounds so I don't accidentally turn off the wrong one.

I also can't snooze much since I get up, get ready, and leave for work before Dave even gets up. Not very nice to keep waking somebody else up too. ;)
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

No judgment meant. but do you work at a lab that does animal testing?
  • BodyByBex
    Options

I work for MD Anderson Cancer Center. Yes, we test on animals. We also care for animals that are abandoned or sick. It's how we've received the majority of our Chimpanzees in our colony.

We also house one of the largest colonies of Rhesus Macaques to be tested clean of the Herpes B virus. We research and house Squirrel Monkeys, Owl Monkeys, Rhesus Macaques, Mice, and Chimps.

The Chimps are used strictly for behavioral studies and that happens very infrequently. One of our researchers, Susan Pavonetti just won an award from the American Society of Primatologists for her work in helping to understand and heal Chimps that have gone through extensive trauma before coming to the Keeling Center.

We have Chimps that were pets, some that were circus entertainers, and some that had been used for extensive testing. We house, I believe, around 140 Chimps at this time. They all have their specific social groups, they all have names, they each, individually, have their own quality of life committee, and when enough spaces are open, we move an entire social group to Chimp Haven if they are eligible.
    We did this a few months back, with Hugo's group, and while it was a sad goodbye, we knew they would be in a good place where they could live out the rest of their lives. Some of us wish they could all go there, but there isn't enough room in Chimp Haven and some of our Chimps require direct human contact for treatments of some of the diseases given to them by other facilities.

Every animal attendant is REQUIRED to learn EVERY Chimps name and face. If you cannot recognize each one within the first two weeks, you're fired. If you work in the Keeling Center, even as a contractor, and you do not receive your 'Chimp Training' for how to deal with a Chimp on excursion, within 3 DAYS of obtaining employment, you're fired. We take their care and safety very seriously.

I do not mind that the facility I work at tests on animals because most of my family has died because of cancer. My mother was one of 10 siblings and there is only her and my Uncle left. My uncle is the oldest at 62. The average life expectancy for women in my family, thanks to cancer, is age 44.
    In addition, I see how these animals are cared for everyday and the efforts we make to educate the public as well as students from other educational facilities. We regularly get tours in from schools and universities.

If you feel like taking a vacation in April, we do an open house where you can see some of the animals, where we house them, and hear about some of the hard work that we do here.

I LOVE animals, truly I do. But I take more issue with fur farms and puppy mills than a facility like ours that tests on animals to find cures for diseases like diabetes, cancer, HIV, and Ebola.
  • marissafit06
    Options

I work for MD Anderson Cancer Center. Yes, we test on animals. We also care for animals that are abandoned or sick. It's how we've received the majority of our Chimpanzees in our colony.

We also house one of the largest colonies of Rhesus Macaques to be tested clean of the Herpes B virus. We research and house Squirrel Monkeys, Owl Monkeys, Rhesus Macaques, Mice, and Chimps.

The Chimps are used strictly for behavioral studies and that happens very infrequently. One of our researchers, Susan Pavonetti just won an award from the American Society of Primatologists for her work in helping to understand and heal Chimps that have gone through extensive trauma before coming to the Keeling Center.

We have Chimps that were pets, some that were circus entertainers, and some that had been used for extensive testing. We house, I believe, around 140 Chimps at this time. They all have their specific social groups, they all have names, they each, individually, have their own quality of life committee, and when enough spaces are open, we move an entire social group to Chimp Haven if they are eligible.
    We did this a few months back, with Hugo's group, and while it was a sad goodbye, we knew they would be in a good place where they could live out the rest of their lives. Some of us wish they could all go there, but there isn't enough room in Chimp Haven and some of our Chimps require direct human contact for treatments of some of the diseases given to them by other facilities.

Every animal attendant is REQUIRED to learn EVERY Chimps name and face. If you cannot recognize each one within the first two weeks, you're fired. If you work in the Keeling Center, even as a contractor, and you do not receive your 'Chimp Training' for how to deal with a Chimp on excursion, within 3 DAYS of obtaining employment, you're fired. We take their care and safety very seriously.

I do not mind that the facility I work at tests on animals because most of my family has died because of cancer. My mother was one of 10 siblings and there is only her and my Uncle left. My uncle is the oldest at 62. The average life expectancy for women in my family, thanks to cancer, is age 44.
    In addition, I see how these animals are cared for everyday and the efforts we make to educate the public as well as students from other educational facilities. We regularly get tours in from schools and universities.

If you feel like taking a vacation in April, we do an open house where you can see some of the animals, where we house them, and hear about some of the hard work that we do here.

I LOVE animals, truly I do. But I take more issue with fur farms and puppy mills than a facility like ours that tests on animals to find cures for diseases like diabetes, cancer, HIV, and Ebola.

I'm sorry to hear that. That's a really tough reality to face.

I really wasn't trying to bait you with the question, I was just curious. Animal testing is a complicated issue. I do have my own views, but I realize its easy to take issue with using animals in that manner on one hand but still want to benefit from the results of the research on the other hand.

I do appreciate the time you took to answer the question. It does sound like all efforts are made to care for the animals within the facility's with respect.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Yes, they are under my profile there. I don't think I could completely make them private although I sure tried!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    9am on Monday and I am ready to go home and go back to bed. I think I have bronchitis. I am going to call and see if I can get in at my doctor's office today or tomorrow. I am just not shaking this cough and the powers that be won't give me my flu shot while I am sick. Ugh...
  • marissafit06
    Options
    9am on Monday and I am ready to go home and go back to bed. I think I have bronchitis. I am going to call and see if I can get in at my doctor's office today or tomorrow. I am just not shaking this cough and the powers that be won't give me my flu shot while I am sick. Ugh...

Feel better
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Yes, they are under my profile there. I don't think I could completely make them private although I sure tried!!

Wow! Good job! Go, you!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I'm sorry to hear about your family's history with cancer and hope liberation week isn't too bad. Bad activists can ruin things for everyone, especially for their movement.