Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am getting ready to head out for the weekend. I am sure I won't log faithfully, but I will log what I can. I am still seriously considering doing the challenge on Bodybuilding.com that quiksylver is doing. If I think I am up to it. I gotta start somewhere. Besides, those before pics I took should be enough motivation to never look this way again.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

ETA: It has really given me a mental jumpstart. I've been spot on with eating and exercise and I'm down 4.6 pounds in 8 days...

Those before pics I took made throw up in my mouth a little. It was a real eye opener. I will make the rest of October my sober October starting Sunday.

I totally understand. Did you post them on bodybuilding.com?

Yes, they are under my profile there. I don't think I could completely make them private although I sure tried!!

Wow! Good job! Go, you!

You guys are both awesome! Keep us updated on your progress.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Okay I can't lie guys- compared to the jawbone UP the Fitbit really doesn't measure up :( I gained 30 steps driving home from work and the last hour or so I've gained many from moving my arms and j was sitting! This sucks, I'd much rather have a device that gyped me on steps than giving me more I didn't take

I haven't switched yet because I don't want to spend the money. It seems like you're having alot of problems with it.

Not a lot of problems, it's just different you know? I will say I do prefer the UP for step reliability but I refuse to give this band up now that I'm part of a lot of different challenges I couldn't be when I had the UP. It's a give and take kind of thing :(

Just so you know, Fitbit does cheat you out of steps here and there. I've found that it pretty much evens out overall, unless you're constantly rapidly swinging your arms around. :p And 100 extra steps is only around five calories, anyway. Don't sweat it! :)

THIS

When I first got mine, I watched a video of a guy that wore one for a day and manually counted his steps to check accuracy. It was a differences of less than 100 steps. When your step count is 10k + steps it does not make a difference, and if your step count is less, the difference is gonna be less. Yes, you might get a few extra steps while driving or folding laundry, but you get ones that are not counted when you are carrying a bag, or pushing a shopping cart, so it evens out in the end.

If I am shopping or at work pushing back my customer defects (when I work at service desk) I usually push the cart with one hand so I can try & get some steps in.

Me too!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    9am on Monday and I am ready to go home and go back to bed. I think I have bronchitis. I am going to call and see if I can get in at my doctor's office today or tomorrow. I am just not shaking this cough and the powers that be won't give me my flu shot while I am sick. Ugh...

Oh no. Sorry you are so sick. Get well soon!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Definitely time to push the envelope on getting the exercise done and the diet cleaned and tightened up. It doesn't help when folks bring outside foods like cheesecake, but I resisted, a little and opted for a very small slice of bundt cake. I started my #soberoctober yesterday, since I knew I would have some drinks over the weekend. I have two cookoffs and the Gritty Goddess this month, but I believe I can do these without alcohol.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    9am on Monday and I am ready to go home and go back to bed. I think I have bronchitis. I am going to call and see if I can get in at my doctor's office today or tomorrow. I am just not shaking this cough and the powers that be won't give me my flu shot while I am sick. Ugh...

Feel better!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I hope you're feeling better!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to head out for the weekend. I am sure I won't log faithfully, but I will log what I can. I am still seriously considering doing the challenge on Bodybuilding.com that quiksylver is doing. If I think I am up to it. I gotta start somewhere. Besides, those before pics I took should be enough motivation to never look this way again.

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

ETA: It has really given me a mental jumpstart. I've been spot on with eating and exercise and I'm down 4.6 pounds in 8 days...

Those before pics I took made throw up in my mouth a little. It was a real eye opener. I will make the rest of October my sober October starting Sunday.

I totally understand. Did you post them on bodybuilding.com?

Yes, they are under my profile there. I don't think I could completely make them private although I sure tried!!

Wow! Good job! Go, you!

You guys are both awesome! Keep us updated on your progress.

Definitely this @quiksylver296 and @crosbylee !!! You ladies are awesome! SUPER GREAT!!
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

UGH. Get better soon. Hugs
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Antibiotics, prednisone, and an additional allergy medicine. Ugh...I hope it all works.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Antibiotics, prednisone, and an additional allergy medicine. Ugh...I hope it all works.
    I hope your night isn't too bad. :(

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I'm sorry! Hope you feel better very soon. Lots of rest and fluids! :)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins I hope you feel better soon. Bronchitis is no joke.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Gross. Hope it's a drowsy allergy med so you can get some sleep!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Gross. Hope it's a drowsy allergy med so you can get some sleep!

Between it and the prednisone, it cancelled out. I slept okay, but woke up a couple of times.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    In other news, I got picked for the final jury of my six week session. I can't discuss the case, but I can say that I think the defense attorney made himself look stupid. I know some people don't like guns; however, I think a criminal defense attorney should educate himself about them anyway.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    In other news, I got picked for the final jury of my six week session. I can't discuss the case, but I can say that I think the defense attorney made himself look stupid. I know some people don't like guns; however, I think a criminal defense attorney should educate himself about them anyway.

Sounds like something you should be able to speak intelligently about, if you are going to choose that profession...

I had jury duty this summer and thought it was pretty interesting. I enjoyed it.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, that sucks for his client.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Sounds like something you should be able to speak intelligently about, if you are going to choose that profession...

I had jury duty this summer and thought it was pretty interesting. I enjoyed it.

It has been interesting, but this guy made me crazy.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Ditto!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Ditto!

Thanks to both of you. I feel better but not great yet, so I skipped the gym again. I have got to get better. I miss exercise.