Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    I am having a tough time because we have gone onto shifts for two weeks to support intensive care staff with the new computer system. The change of hours is playing hell with my diet and I am eating all sorts at the wrong time.

Hence I was eating chocolate coated corn cakes in my car. In my new peach coloured trousers.

Result: working from 3:00 pm until almost midnight in peach trousers with nasty brown smudges all over the crotch and upper legs.

Embarrassing!

I've had days similar to that. Mater of fact I keep extra clothing in my locker at work because I have a unbreakable talent in wearing my food in unsavory places.

What are chocolate coated corn cakes?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    TacoTina wrote: »
    I'm at a stand still losing weight I was using the scale weight all the time and yesterday
    someone told me to subtract 2 lbs for shoes and clothes weight it made me feel better again.
    I've been working hard for 6 months and watching my food intake for at least 3 to
    4 months I was getting discouraged with not loosing any weight but losing inches
    I can tell but I'm obsessed with losing weight just my rant I feel better now thank you.

Weigh yourself naked. Takes care of that problem! I weigh first thing in the morning, before I eat, after I pee, naked. That's how I'm most sure I'm getting as accurate of a reading as possible.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Laura! How do you like your new Fitbit? You got the Charge HR?

Yep the Charge HR! So far so good! I'm just trying to get used to a different app tracker and how it syncs with MFP is a bit different but I'm so happy to have an activity tracker again I felt so lost without it! It was kind of sad actually because before these came out I never thought about steps or activity during workouts, I just worked out. Now I can't stand working out without it!

And then when you do forget to put it on (if you're like me) you throw a minor hissy fit and don't want to do the workout/walk/whatever.

I know this is an old conversation but this is me today. I'm so mad that my fitbit decided to die during the night for some reason. I have walked SO much today and really want to know the numbers. I'm sore. Grr

I just charged it the other night (I think Tuesday) so now I'm worried it's truly not going to work. I'll see when I get home.

That's no good!

I dropped mine into a sink full of soapy water last night. I got it out and dried it right away. It seems to be working alright, but I'm afraid it's going to crap out at some point.

I've sent a Fitbit through the washer and dryer more than once and it lived. I'm sure you're good. :)
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Two confessions:

I really enjoy Boarshead brand turkey pepperoni - I like the turkey better than the other because it is less greasy. Part of me feels a little guilty because we have a pet turkey, Georgia.

I am going to fold and put away some clothes my son says are "dirty" without washing them. These are clothes he didn't wear, didn't do anything with, just threw onto his (very clean) rug as "dirty". This will save me 4 - 5 loads of laundry, no exaggeration. I would have him spend hours washing them and drying them and folding them and putting them away as the therapist suggested, but it is my time too and spending it forcing an anxious and unhappy teen to do chores is not how I want to spend my weekend. I hope I can get son to do something fun with me. Edited because I am not thinking in clear sentences.

Aw, dang. I don't blame you on the laundry. I've many times over the years found folded laundry that was just never put away in my daughter's dirty laundry basket. She's just lazy about putting it away, no other issues. I generally just fold it back up and put it back in her room.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    I'm at a stand still losing weight I was using the scale weight all the time and yesterday
    someone told me to subtract 2 lbs for shoes and clothes weight it made me feel better again.
    I've been working hard for 6 months and watching my food intake for at least 3 to
    4 months I was getting discouraged with not loosing any weight but losing inches
    I can tell but I'm obsessed with losing weight just my rant I feel better now thank you.

Weigh yourself naked. Takes care of that problem! I weigh first thing in the morning, before I eat, after I pee, naked. That's how I'm most sure I'm getting as accurate of a reading as possible.

Same here. I used to obsess about the number. But honestly, 5 lbs one way or the other is not that big a deal. I pay more attention to the overall trend these days and how my clothes fit.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Yep the Charge HR! So far so good! I'm just trying to get used to a different app tracker and how it syncs with MFP is a bit different but I'm so happy to have an activity tracker again I felt so lost without it! It was kind of sad actually because before these came out I never thought about steps or activity during workouts, I just worked out. Now I can't stand working out without it!

And then when you do forget to put it on (if you're like me) you throw a minor hissy fit and don't want to do the workout/walk/whatever.

I know this is an old conversation but this is me today. I'm so mad that my fitbit decided to die during the night for some reason. I have walked SO much today and really want to know the numbers. I'm sore. Grr

I just charged it the other night (I think Tuesday) so now I'm worried it's truly not going to work. I'll see when I get home.

That's no good!

I dropped mine into a sink full of soapy water last night. I got it out and dried it right away. It seems to be working alright, but I'm afraid it's going to crap out at some point.

I've sent a Fitbit through the washer and dryer more than once and it lived. I'm sure you're good. :)

I did this too! It survived the first time, not so much the second. But they're pretty tough for an electronic device! However, their customer service is amazing, so if you do have problems with it, call them, even if you've had it for a long time or don't have a receipt or whatever. They might still help you out.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Two confessions:

I really enjoy Boarshead brand turkey pepperoni - I like the turkey better than the other because it is less greasy. Part of me feels a little guilty because we have a pet turkey, Georgia.

I am going to fold and put away some clothes my son says are "dirty" without washing them. These are clothes he didn't wear, didn't do anything with, just threw onto his (very clean) rug as "dirty". This will save me 4 - 5 loads of laundry, no exaggeration. I would have him spend hours washing them and drying them and folding them and putting them away as the therapist suggested, but it is my time too and spending it forcing an anxious and unhappy teen to do chores is not how I want to spend my weekend. I hope I can get son to do something fun with me. Edited because I am not thinking in clear sentences.

I enjoy turkey pepperoni over other kinds also for the same reason.

I understand about your sons clothing. I have washed an enormous amount of laundry while my sons were with us and that was with out them putting clean clothing in the laundry. Special time with him building bonds and memories is important.

please take care of yourself and get enough rest

Thank you. I put away the clothes, did four actual loads of laundry last night, and got his room tidied up for him while he was away at his dad's for the night. I am all for kids taking care of their own stuff or dealing with the consequences, but I am also aware the when a person is struggling with mental health issues that a tidy, welcoming space is helpful (heck I think it is helpful all the time!) I got to bed before midnight and slept until almost 6 am. That is a long night of sleep for me.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options

^^^This!!! It's even better if I can poo along with pee in the morning right away! TMI...I know.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I am having a tough time because we have gone onto shifts for two weeks to support intensive care staff with the new computer system. The change of hours is playing hell with my diet and I am eating all sorts at the wrong time.

Hence I was eating chocolate coated corn cakes in my car. In my new peach coloured trousers.

Result: working from 3:00 pm until almost midnight in peach trousers with nasty brown smudges all over the crotch and upper legs.

Embarrassing!

I've had something similar happen - it's definitely embarrassing!

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

That's no good!

I did this too! It survived the first time, not so much the second. But they're pretty tough for an electronic device! However, their customer service is amazing, so if you do have problems with it, call them, even if you've had it for a long time or don't have a receipt or whatever. They might still help you out.

So far it seems fine! The clock was a bit off last night, but after syncing it with my phone it was back to normal.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Two confessions:

Make sure he does not catch on :#
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

That's no good!

I sat in the ocean when I had my Fitbit One. It worked just fine for as long as I used it.

My ChargeHR hasn't had to deal with such misfortune... yet :p
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Two confessions:

I feel you about the clothes and have done the same after tossing them in the dryer with a fresh fabric softener sheet for 20 minutes.

And don't feel guilty about eating turkey that is not Georgia, obviously you would never eat her.

Slightly related, I named one of our beef calves Dinner one year, just to gross out my cousin Susan. It worked. I also named one Brat once. I always named the food something to remind me not to get attached. I gave the milk cows people names - for instance, Bobbi Jo was named after a character in Petticoat Junction.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Dinner is the best name for a beef calf XD
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Embarrassing!

I feel your pain and hope the chocolate comes out in the wash. Lucky for me, I picked black slacks instead of gray today, because I knocked my coffee over in the car on the way to work...ouch, but no stain on my bum at least.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I thought so until my friend Brandon's son named one YumYum.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

My dad named our calf Hamburger so we wouldn't forget and think it was a pet.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Two confessions:

Make sure he does not catch on :#
    I know. He was not home. They are spotless and smell fresh. I did four loads of his laundry too.
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    Major confession.. I feel like a terrible wife. Today at work, one of my coworkers put his hands on my shoulders while he was talking to me. He's very attractive, albeit 7 years older than me. He kept smiling at me and I felt like he was checking me out, which I honestly didn't mind. When he put his hands on my shoulder, my whole body got very warm and I got goosebumps. Granted, I'd never cheat on my husband, but my body's instant reaction made me feel horrible.

If it makes you feel horrible, then don't let it happen again. Just tell your coworker that's inappropriate because you are married and because you work together and move on. Male attention is nice, but you have to know when to put a stop to it, preferably without disturbing your workplace.

I thought about saying something, but then I also thought that maybe I totally misread the situation. I've noticed a lot more lately when people seem to be looking at me for extended periods of time, and sometimes I worry that my mind is jumping to conclusions about peoples gazes. There was a guy looking at me weird in the store the other day, for instance. Probably spent close to 2 minutes just watching me. When I got to the isle, all he commented on was my choice of pickles, as they were his favorite kind too. We talked about how they have no calories and are relatively cheap for a large jar, and I told him to have a great day. He stared at me because I was taking time to read pickle labels. I feel like a crazy person half the time because half my mind is telling me that I'm unattractive and still have a lot of weight left to lose while the other half is saying that I look awesome and people are looking at me because they like what they see, not cause I'm fat.
    I don't know my coworker very well and maybe he's just generally a touchy guy. He was talking to me about a patient, and maybe that was just his way of making sure I stayed focused. He did it again on his way out, to tell me to have a great night, and maybe again it's just part of his personality and he does it to everyone. My mind could have always jumped to conclusions about what his eyes were doing. Every time I looked up, I felt like his eyes were on me, but maybe he was looking at a clock near me or trying to keep track of the physician or something else. I don't know. I feel like if I do say something and I totally misread everything, I'm just going to feel like an *kitten*. We only work together one day a week, so it's not like I see him a lot anyways, and it seems silly to make things awkward if the only true issue is my brain.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Major confession.. I feel like a terrible wife. Today at work, one of my coworkers put his hands on my shoulders while he was talking to me. He's very attractive, albeit 7 years older than me. He kept smiling at me and I felt like he was checking me out, which I honestly didn't mind. When he put his hands on my shoulder, my whole body got very warm and I got goosebumps. Granted, I'd never cheat on my husband, but my body's instant reaction made me feel horrible.

If it makes you feel horrible, then don't let it happen again. Just tell your coworker that's inappropriate because you are married and because you work together and move on. Male attention is nice, but you have to know when to put a stop to it, preferably without disturbing your workplace.

I thought about saying something, but then I also thought that maybe I totally misread the situation. I've noticed a lot more lately when people seem to be looking at me for extended periods of time, and sometimes I worry that my mind is jumping to conclusions about peoples gazes. There was a guy looking at me weird in the store the other day, for instance. Probably spent close to 2 minutes just watching me. When I got to the isle, all he commented on was my choice of pickles, as they were his favorite kind too. We talked about how they have no calories and are relatively cheap for a large jar, and I told him to have a great day. He stared at me because I was taking time to read pickle labels. I feel like a crazy person half the time because half my mind is telling me that I'm unattractive and still have a lot of weight left to lose while the other half is saying that I look awesome and people are looking at me because they like what they see, not cause I'm fat.
    I don't know my coworker very well and maybe he's just generally a touchy guy. He was talking to me about a patient, and maybe that was just his way of making sure I stayed focused. He did it again on his way out, to tell me to have a great night, and maybe again it's just part of his personality and he does it to everyone. My mind could have always jumped to conclusions about what his eyes were doing. Every time I looked up, I felt like his eyes were on me, but maybe he was looking at a clock near me or trying to keep track of the physician or something else. I don't know. I feel like if I do say something and I totally misread everything, I'm just going to feel like an *kitten*. We only work together one day a week, so it's not like I see him a lot anyways, and it seems silly to make things awkward if the only true issue is my brain.

When I was with SSP, at work, there was no touching. Other than a handshake after signing paperwork regarding my work performance (although he pushed the other Sergeants and the Supervisory PSO's to do it if they could).
    So even if you WERE single or even seeing this guy, I would put a pretty strict 'No Touching' rule down.
    I wouldn't say anything unless he touches you again and then politely remind him that 'this is a working environment and, in an effort to maintain a certain level of decorum, I would prefer it if you did not touch me if it can be avoided.'

That way, if he has to touch you to administer first aid, or to move you out of the way of imminent danger, he can do so without any fear of repercussion and it will hopefully have him keep his hands to himself.

All of that being said, when I was heavier still, I did notice a fair amount of people 'eyeing' me. It made me uncomfortable at first but since I work nights, I generally have something else on my mind and can't focus on the idea of someone looking at/judging me because I got smurf to DO and I want in my bed ASAP.