Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I was craving chocolate and there was a small slice of chocolate cream pie in the freezer. My 8-yr old son wanted it, but I told him it was bad and threw it in the trash. Once he left the kitchen, I took it out of the trash (it was in a box) and ate it in 30 seconds flat.

Wow, I can't believe I just put that out there.

I would probably do something like this if I had kids :lol:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    One of my new favorite bars at the moment are the Combat Crunch Birthday Cake

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Ohhh, bet I'd love those! And I'm just as sure I'd never find any sold near me.

Someone I follow on Instagram is sponsored by them (or just wants to be lol). I had never heard of them, and I'm sure they won't be sold near me either - or they'd be super expensive. Maybe I'll take a look though.

If they're at GNC in the States they might be here too, and I plan to find out because birthday cake flavour is my kryptonite. I don't even like cake that much but there's something about artificial-vanilla-flavoured stuff that gets me every time. Might be the sprinkles. Lol.

Same here. That also holds true for scented candles and body lotions.

Yep! My perfume smells like dessert too - it's allegedly fruity too ("Vanille Abricot" from Comptoir Sud Pacifique) but it just smells like sugar to most people. I occasionally hear things like "Hmm, something smells like cupcakes!" or "Did someone just have a cookie?" when I'm near people and rarely divulge that it's me, lol. They just go off thinking that someone ate the last of the office snacks.

On the Sephora website a lot of people say it smells artificial on them, but my body chemistry likes it so people are always floored when I do tell them it's just my perfume and not actual baking. And my husband, who's allergic to everything, loves it and doesn't react at all to it so that's a bonus.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I was craving chocolate and there was a small slice of chocolate cream pie in the freezer. My 8-yr old son wanted it, but I told him it was bad and threw it in the trash. Once he left the kitchen, I took it out of the trash (it was in a box) and ate it in 30 seconds flat.

Pretty sure lying to your kids about the good snacks is a mark of good parenting, lol.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Pretty sure lying to your kids about the good snacks is a mark of good parenting, lol.

Yea, my older son is a snack thief. He wakes up super early in the morning and finds treats. He have adapted by buying treats after dark and hiding them various places.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

Well, yeah, you have to, or they eat all the good stuff ;)
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    @peleroja It sounds like you make a lot of cool things in the kitchen. Feel free to share some pics!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Someone I follow on Instagram is sponsored by them (or just wants to be lol). I had never heard of them, and I'm sure they won't be sold near me either - or they'd be super expensive. Maybe I'll take a look though.

If they're at GNC in the States they might be here too, and I plan to find out because birthday cake flavour is my kryptonite. I don't even like cake that much but there's something about artificial-vanilla-flavoured stuff that gets me every time. Might be the sprinkles. Lol.

Yep! My perfume smells like dessert too - it's allegedly fruity too ("Vanille Abricot" from Comptoir Sud Pacifique) but it just smells like sugar to most people. I occasionally hear things like "Hmm, something smells like cupcakes!" or "Did someone just have a cookie?" when I'm near people and rarely divulge that it's me, lol. They just go off thinking that someone ate the last of the office snacks.

On the Sephora website a lot of people say it smells artificial on them, but my body chemistry likes it so people are always floored when I do tell them it's just my perfume and not actual baking. And my husband, who's allergic to everything, loves it and doesn't react at all to it so that's a bonus.

I have CSP "Vanille Extreme"!

I interchange that with Il Profumo "Vanille Bourbon", but my all-time favourite is Montale "Vanille Absolu".

People just tell me I smell like vanilla, lol. I'm sensitive to a lot of perfumes but I can wear these with no problem.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Okay, ya'll, I finally broke down and ordered a variety pack of Quest bars from Amazon. I tried the chocolate peanut butter one this morning and i was not impressed. I could definitely taste.the stevia more than the chocolate. However, my husband liked the coconut one - I am allergic to coconuts so definitely wasn't eating it. I am going to try one of the fruit flavors next and hope it's better.

I haven't tried the new formula bars with the exception of the Quest Pumpkin Pie (way too sweet & doesn't taste much like pumpkin). My three favorite flavors are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cookies & Cream, & White Chocolate Raspberry.

My least favorite were the Coconut Cashew & Lemon Cream Pie Quest (tasted like Pledge).

Where did you get this? I want to try one. Oh and how many calories?
  • FroggyBug
    Options

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Oh you sound like you have the same taste as me for perfume. I would love more recommendations if you have any.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

That. Is. Awesome. Total parenting win!
  • FroggyBug
    Options

picture0822151335_3.jpg

I interchange that with Il Profumo "Vanille Bourbon", but my all-time favourite is Montale "Vanille Absolu".

People just tell me I smell like vanilla, lol. I'm sensitive to a lot of perfumes but I can wear these with no problem.

Cool, I want to check these out too.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Well, yeah, you have to, or they eat all the good stuff ;)

And they don't appreciate it as much as I do! LOL
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    I can't eat any of the chocolate-y Quest Bars; they wreak havoc on my insides.

The bars that wreaked havoc on my insides were the Atkins bars. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough were tasty, but the flatulence & stink that came out of my butt was so not worth it! I am surprised I didn't die or kill other people from the stench that repeatedly left my butt.

This reminded me, did anyone watch this weeks episode of Castle?

YES! t83dj9oi0sfc.gif
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Good for you! We can add you to the 'eating out of the trash' club. Which includes me. And yes, it's always in a bag or container when I take it out. ;)

ETA I haven't done that in...at least a year. :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I've been using the large amount of activity I've been getting as an excuse to eat all the candy. I ate an entire 8 serving bag of those little pumpkin shaped candy corn things last night. It was within my calorie goal, since I ran 7 miles yesterday and worked out in the morning, but I wasn't hungry and didn't really need to eat them.

I am trying going back to eating a set amount of calories to try and get to my goal weight. I can't seem to budge from being 2-4 lbs away and I think it's because I keep eating back my fitbit calories.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm coming back to the original thread! Batcave moves sooooo fast I HATE getting behind :(
    Welcome back! I have a hard time keeping up with the batcave too

You guys crack me up...you moved to the batcave because this moved too fast. Now that moves too fast. You'll end up just switching back and forth. I start here always. Its my first love. ;)
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Cool, I want to check these out too.

So do I. Vanilla is my favourite scent.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Okay, ya'll, I finally broke down and ordered a variety pack of Quest bars from Amazon. I tried the chocolate peanut butter one this morning and i was not impressed. I could definitely taste.the stevia more than the chocolate. However, my husband liked the coconut one - I am allergic to coconuts so definitely wasn't eating it. I am going to try one of the fruit flavors next and hope it's better.

I haven't tried the new formula bars with the exception of the Quest Pumpkin Pie (way too sweet & doesn't taste much like pumpkin). My three favorite flavors are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cookies & Cream, & White Chocolate Raspberry.

My least favorite were the Coconut Cashew & Lemon Cream Pie Quest (tasted like Pledge).

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Clif bar pumpkin spice or pie is amazing. I need to stock up this weekend.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm coming back to the original thread! Batcave moves sooooo fast I HATE getting behind :(

Don't abandon the cave!!! I've come to accept that sometimes I just won't know what's happening.

Yep!
  • Oberon21
    Options

I cannot stand any of the flavors with peanut butter. Yucky. Too bad on the coconut allergy, that's one of my favorite flavors!

I LOVE the peanut butter clif bars. Too much.