Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    One of my new favorite bars at the moment are the Combat Crunch Birthday Cake

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Ohhh, bet I'd love those! And I'm just as sure I'd never find any sold near me.

With this particular flavor I believe they're only sold at GNC, & on their website.

The bar is amazing after heated in the microwave.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Someone I follow on Instagram is sponsored by them (or just wants to be lol). I had never heard of them, and I'm sure they won't be sold near me either - or they'd be super expensive. Maybe I'll take a look though.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I can't eat any of the chocolate-y Quest Bars; they wreak havoc on my insides.

The bars that wreaked havoc on my insides were the Atkins bars. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough were tasty, but the flatulence & stink that came out of my butt was so not worth it! I am surprised I didn't die or kill other people from the stench that repeatedly left my butt.

AHAHAHAHA. I totally just LQTM. Had I not been at work, I would have full on laughed out loud.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I can't eat any of the chocolate-y Quest Bars; they wreak havoc on my insides.

The bars that wreaked havoc on my insides were the Atkins bars. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough were tasty, but the flatulence & stink that came out of my butt was so not worth it! I am surprised I didn't die or kill other people from the stench that repeatedly left my butt.

This reminded me, did anyone watch this weeks episode of Castle?
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm coming back to the original thread! Batcave moves sooooo fast I HATE getting behind :(

Don't abandon the cave!!! I've come to accept that sometimes I just won't know what's happening.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Okay, ya'll, I finally broke down and ordered a variety pack of Quest bars from Amazon. I tried the chocolate peanut butter one this morning and i was not impressed. I could definitely taste.the stevia more than the chocolate. However, my husband liked the coconut one - I am allergic to coconuts so definitely wasn't eating it. I am going to try one of the fruit flavors next and hope it's better.

My personal favourites are the Apple Pie, Banana Nut Muffin, Cinnamon Roll ones (and I guess the connecting factor there is "cinnamon"...) I've never had the peanut ones because my husband is super allergic and I don't want to accidentally kill him with kisses or something, lol.

I think most people like the cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry a lot, so those are safe bets too. Did you stick it in the microwave for 15 seconds? That seriously improves them too.

Yes, I microwaved it after the first bite. I don't think I could've choked it down if I hadn't. I usually like peanut butter anything, but maybe I will find one I like in the bunch.
    On the plus side, I replaced my usual granola bar with it and have not need a morning snack yet. I usually eat something else around 9:45.

They are very good for this, even the not so tasty ones.

We've not found ANY of the peanut butter ones appealing. I second the cinnamon roll and banana nut muffin ones though. Apple pie I'm hit or miss, but I don't hate it. I also really like the vanilla almond crunch, but you just mentioned a nut allergy. Are almonds okay? (I hope so since they're in ALL the bars!)

I can eat almonds and walnuts and pecans. My allergist tells me that may change some day, since I have a problem with hazelnuts and coconuts, so I try not to go overboard.
    Almond flour is pretty common in all GF foods so I would be in trouble if I ever couldn't eat them.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Someone I follow on Instagram is sponsored by them (or just wants to be lol). I had never heard of them, and I'm sure they won't be sold near me either - or they'd be super expensive. Maybe I'll take a look though.

If they're at GNC in the States they might be here too, and I plan to find out because birthday cake flavour is my kryptonite. I don't even like cake that much but there's something about artificial-vanilla-flavoured stuff that gets me every time. Might be the sprinkles. Lol.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Okay, ya'll, I finally broke down and ordered a variety pack of Quest bars from Amazon. I tried the chocolate peanut butter one this morning and i was not impressed. I could definitely taste.the stevia more than the chocolate. However, my husband liked the coconut one - I am allergic to coconuts so definitely wasn't eating it. I am going to try one of the fruit flavors next and hope it's better.

My personal favourites are the Apple Pie, Banana Nut Muffin, Cinnamon Roll ones (and I guess the connecting factor there is "cinnamon"...) I've never had the peanut ones because my husband is super allergic and I don't want to accidentally kill him with kisses or something, lol.

I think most people like the cookie dough and white chocolate raspberry a lot, so those are safe bets too. Did you stick it in the microwave for 15 seconds? That seriously improves them too.

Yes, I microwaved it after the first bite. I don't think I could've choked it down if I hadn't. I usually like peanut butter anything, but maybe I will find one I like in the bunch.
    On the plus side, I replaced my usual granola bar with it and have not need a morning snack yet. I usually eat something else around 9:45.

They are very good for this, even the not so tasty ones.

We've not found ANY of the peanut butter ones appealing. I second the cinnamon roll and banana nut muffin ones though. Apple pie I'm hit or miss, but I don't hate it. I also really like the vanilla almond crunch, but you just mentioned a nut allergy. Are almonds okay? (I hope so since they're in ALL the bars!)

I think Melissa is just allergic to coconut so she should be fine (my husband is allergic to peanut but not most tree nuts so we're okay with most flavours too.)

Honestly, I don't even really eat them for the taste but just because 20g of protein for 200 calories is pretty unbeatable and they really do keep me full forever. I've started having half of one before my long runs on Saturdays instead of running fasted and I swear it is twice as easy to keep going past the second half, too.

Sheesh. I've tried the Quest bars and wasn't impressed, but I didn't try more than 3 or 4 flavors. I only eat protein bars a couple times a week (hubby eats more of them), but I just looked at the one I'm using. It's 190 calories and 10g of protein. I suppose I need to give the Quest bars another chance...

That's the thing for me, my husband bought Combat Crunch bars that are the same.price per box as Quest bars. I think they taste great and they have 30g of protein per bar for 200-220 calories. But, they have less fiber and less flavors to choose from, so I decided to give the Quest a try before ordering the Combat bars again.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm coming back to the original thread! Batcave moves sooooo fast I HATE getting behind :(
    Welcome back! I have a hard time keeping up with the batcave too
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

picture0822151335_3.jpg

If they're at GNC in the States they might be here too, and I plan to find out because birthday cake flavour is my kryptonite. I don't even like cake that much but there's something about artificial-vanilla-flavoured stuff that gets me every time. Might be the sprinkles. Lol.

I guess I'm the opposite. I love cake and frosting and I'm not picky! I'll even eat the cheap grocery store cake. But I don't like birthday cake flavored stuff. The birthday cake oreos in my cupboard are safe from me :p
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »

picture0822151335_3.jpg

I guess I'm the opposite. I love cake and frosting and I'm not picky! I'll even eat the cheap grocery store cake. But I don't like birthday cake flavored stuff. The birthday cake oreos in my cupboard are safe from me :p

ETA the lemon oreos, however, should be scared
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I haven't tried the new formula bars with the exception of the Quest Pumpkin Pie (way too sweet & doesn't taste much like pumpkin). My three favorite flavors are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cookies & Cream, & White Chocolate Raspberry.

My least favorite were the Coconut Cashew & Lemon Cream Pie Quest (tasted like Pledge).

picture0822151335_3.jpg
    Combat Crunch is my first love
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

picture0822151335_3.jpg

With this particular flavor I believe they're only sold at GNC, & on their website.

The bar is amazing after heated in the microwave.

Bodybuilding.com
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

picture0822151335_3.jpg

LEMON OREOS. YES.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Same here. I'll pass on cake every time. But, offer me some of that birthday cake ice cream, and I'm all in!
  • rungirl1973
    Options

I haven't tried the new formula bars with the exception of the Quest Pumpkin Pie (way too sweet & doesn't taste much like pumpkin). My three favorite flavors are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Cookies & Cream, & White Chocolate Raspberry.

My least favorite were the Coconut Cashew & Lemon Cream Pie Quest (tasted like Pledge).

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Adding these to my to-do list. Must find...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

picture0822151335_3.jpg
    Combat Crunch is my first love

What's the price you usually find the Combat bars for?

I have the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Cinnamon Twist flavors still to try.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

picture0822151335_3.jpg

LEMON OREOS. YES.

My favorite Oreos at the moment are the newish Golden Thins, & next month they're going to release a Cinnamon Roll flavor.
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    Confession: I've been using the large amount of activity I've been getting as an excuse to eat all the candy. I ate an entire 8 serving bag of those little pumpkin shaped candy corn things last night. It was within my calorie goal, since I ran 7 miles yesterday and worked out in the morning, but I wasn't hungry and didn't really need to eat them.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options

picture0822151335_3.jpg

Same here. That also holds true for scented candles and body lotions.