Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I went out for lunch today with the DOH! and our 7 year old son. The man and boy were looking forward to their very favorite dessert - peanut butter pie. They are famous for their love of this pie, so as we entered the restaurant the owner came up to us and confessed that they were out of the pie. There were sad faces and eyes filled with tears. After we ordered lunch, the owner came to our table and offered us a very special dessert - freshly baked cherry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. He had just finished pitting the cherries and even showed us his cherry-stained fingers. It would be baked just for us.

Now, I have been pretty good about desserts. I passed on the baklava, chocolate cake - I can leave it unless my SM bakes it, and I have sipped my water while they eat their peanut butter pie. But fresh baked cherry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. He found my Kryptonite!

It was beautiful, it was wonderful, all warm cherries, sweet crust, and melty ice cream. It was so good that I can't even feel guilty.

I confess that I feel guilty about not feeling guilty. :)

Yum! Did your boys like it :)? So sweet that the owner made a special pie.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    A little behind this morning.
    Confession: I am kind of sore from yesterday's run...and quite tired too. I'm also carrying an extra 4 pounds of water weight due to last night's dinner. :( BUT, I am going to suck it up and start my workout and do my run in about 15 minutes. Wish me luck. Catch up with you all later!

Good for you! Both being sore from yesterday because that means you worked out hard and doing it again today!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    A little behind this morning.
    Confession: I am kind of sore from yesterday's run...and quite tired too. I'm also carrying an extra 4 pounds of water weight due to last night's dinner. :( BUT, I am going to suck it up and start my workout and do my run in about 15 minutes. Wish me luck. Catch up with you all later!

You got this. Hoping you won't be sore from this run & the water weight will fall off.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Confession: I like to sing "come on eileen" in my head when I jog. It helps me keep pace.

I have it on my playlist.

Thanks for good thoughts and prayers for my mum, she's doing a whole lot better now.

I'm feeling lazy this morning, and bourbon biscuits are calling me. Trying to resist. Charlie wants to go see the otters and penguins again today.

And Omg!!! I'm going to be climbing a mountain in a week's time. I'm nervous and scared and excited. I'm so pleased that I've raised so much money for the alzheimer's society though, all those donations are going to be what gets me to the top!

And if that wasn't enough, I totally forgot that it's my annual 10 mile charity night walk the week after for a local hospice. My friends and I have done this for the last 3 years and it's great fun.

I hope everyone has a good day.

You will do great! I am so excited for the mountain. I can't wait to hear all the stories and see the pictures. Since you are doing it with your boyfriend are you guys all good now? And have fun with Charlie today!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I confess that it annoys me that my right arm has more arm flab than my left arm & when I exercise it looks like cottage cheese.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess that it annoys me that my right arm has more arm flab than my left arm & when I exercise it looks like cottage cheese.

I hate watching myself run on the treadmill if there is a mirror in front the skin on my thighs ripples like waves on the ocean. I never notice any loose skin walking etc. But running? Nasty.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Hey all, just checking in. Better day today. Meds taken, done lots of walking, had naughty treat (for breakfast no less), and chilling out this evening.

The good news is I've lost 4 of the 5lbs I gained in my pity-party binge cycle

Good! Glad you're feeling better! Is it just you and Charlie this weekend or are your partners going to be there too? Keep taking your meds and keep feeling better! Hope you have a great weekend!

It's just me and Charlie this weekend. Not sure what our plans are. He wants to go to the zoo again

You can never have to much of the zoo!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I don't want to watch myself run. Ever.

I'm just starting running a bit but since I'm top heavy I know what that's doing. And my butt likes to applaud my efforts so I imagine that looks wonderful as well.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I have been meaning to post these -- from last weekend.i3z59fc7jco3.jpg
    jzx9detdus8p.jpg
    The clouds picture was somewhere over Kansas or the Pan Handle of Oklahoma. The river is the Rio Grande near Albuquerque. I got a nice picture of what appears to be a tributary on the left part of the picture too, but I don't know it's name. Seeing the Rio Grande made me think of the song by Duran Duran:

"Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
    Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
    And when she shines she really shows you all she can
    Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande"

Nice! And I love Duran Duran!
  • Oberon21
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I went out for lunch today with the DOH! and our 7 year old son. The man and boy were looking forward to their very favorite dessert - peanut butter pie. They are famous for their love of this pie, so as we entered the restaurant the owner came up to us and confessed that they were out of the pie. There were sad faces and eyes filled with tears. After we ordered lunch, the owner came to our table and offered us a very special dessert - freshly baked cherry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. He had just finished pitting the cherries and even showed us his cherry-stained fingers. It would be baked just for us.

Now, I have been pretty good about desserts. I passed on the baklava, chocolate cake - I can leave it unless my SM bakes it, and I have sipped my water while they eat their peanut butter pie. But fresh baked cherry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. He found my Kryptonite!

It was beautiful, it was wonderful, all warm cherries, sweet crust, and melty ice cream. It was so good that I can't even feel guilty.

I LOVE peanut butter pie! But the cherry sounds a close 2nd!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Guys in case you thought I was dead I am just checking in to say I have to catch up this weekend. Was just to busy the last 2 days. See you tomorrow!

I was wondering where you were.

Thanks for wondering! I hate missing so much. I vow to catch up this weekend. AND work on my dissertation. I have been doing this thread instead of working on that so have to figure out a balance!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I bought a $50.00 kettlebell and hardly ever use it.

I have that one beat - I financed a NordicTrack back in the 80's. Still in pristine condition :p

I have enough equipment and exercise dvds to outfit a small gym. Never use any of it. Sigh.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Well, I am old enough to be your mother. I try to give my kids the balance of grace and love and toughness that they need to grow to be healthy, resilient, competent adults. They know they are loved, they know can come to me with anything. But I am far from perfect and make plenty of mistakes. I tell them when I make a mistake and apologize.

I don't know (much) about what your childhood was like but probably my style of parenting is likely different than what you had, that is true. You are grown now, into an articulate, intelligent, kind, lovely woman. Who you are and who you become is up to you. You are in control. Practice everyday being the person you want to be. Surround yourself with people who exhibit traits you wish to have. Set boundaries and maintain them. Love yourself as you are while setting goals for who you want to be. Circumstances can change greatly. Keep your faith, keep you eyes on your goal and every day do something (however small) to move toward your goals. (This advice was given to be at the beginning of my graduate career.)

This is wonderful advice we can all absorb and hold true. Thanks for sharing!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Don't worry @nonoelmo I'm getting ready to go out on the town and be dancing up a storm I'll be doing the rain dance for you!

Hope you had a great time!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Ok only got through 2 pages this am but have to meet a friend for a 5k before the crazy storms hit today. Everyone have a great day!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I have been meaning to post these -- from last weekend.i3z59fc7jco3.jpg
    jzx9detdus8p.jpg
    The clouds picture was somewhere over Kansas or the Pan Handle of Oklahoma. The river is the Rio Grande near Albuquerque. I got a nice picture of what appears to be a tributary on the left part of the picture too, but I don't know it's name. Seeing the Rio Grande made me think of the song by Duran Duran:

"Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
    Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
    And when she shines she really shows you all she can
    Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande"

Nice! And I love Duran Duran!

Looks fattening to me.
  • atypicalsmith
    edited June 2015
    Options

I LOVE peanut butter pie! But the cherry sounds a close 2nd!

Sounds fattening to me.
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    Guys in case you thought I was dead I am just checking in to say I have to catch up this weekend. Was just to busy the last 2 days. See you tomorrow!

I was wondering where you were.

Thanks for wondering! I hate missing so much. I vow to catch up this weekend. AND work on my dissertation. I have been doing this thread instead of working on that so have to figure out a balance!

Sounds very unfattenting to me.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @riderfangal don't forget your deodorant before your date tomorrow night ;)

ETA: posting from an iPhone sucks

Dress up, go out,have fun and wear deodorant. You guys have really high expectations of me

Yes, sky high!! ;) Especially on the deodorant part, who ever demands THAT?! :p
    @Susieq_1994 Well, I am old enough to be your mother. I try to give my kids the balance of grace and love and toughness that they need to grow to be healthy, resilient, competent adults. They know they are loved, they know can come to me with anything. But I am far from perfect and make plenty of mistakes. I tell them when I make a mistake and apologize.

I don't know (much) about what your childhood was like but probably my style of parenting is likely different than what you had, that is true. You are grown now, into an articulate, intelligent, kind, lovely woman. Who you are and who you become is up to you. You are in control. Practice everyday being the person you want to be. Surround yourself with people who exhibit traits you wish to have. Set boundaries and maintain them. Love yourself as you are while setting goals for who you want to be. Circumstances can change greatly. Keep your faith, keep you eyes on your goal and every day do something (however small) to move toward your goals. (This advice was given to be at the beginning of my graduate career.)

The potluck was a success. I told a number of co-workers about your hummus recipe. <3 I have a lot of interns this summer and they are doing a great job on all the projects. They also are good cooks. It was fun and we are going to do it again before they head back to school.

Thank you so much for your kind words and your advice. :) I really hope I can put it all into practice! Also, every parent makes mistakes, because parents are humans too--even though most teens don't acknowledge that fact. ;)

I'm really glad that everyone enjoyed my hummus! It sounds like the potluck was both delicious and fun--the best combination ever. ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Are you confessing to secret woodchucking?

I don't think woodchucking is generally a secret that would garner a confession... Every time we toss out a piece of paper, we're generally chucking wood. :p Maybe he's confessing to wasting too much paper. o:)

You win the internet today! Bows down and then run away embarrassed.

lol! Thank you, thank you. ;)

I did notice that you were gone , but assumed that you were having a busy weekend. :)

@nonoelmo Those pictures are beautiful! :)
    @orangesmartie You encouraged me yesterday, I'm encouraging you today: You can do this! Think positive thoughts and tell yourself that you've got this and that those biscuits have no power over you. :) I'm sure you'll rock that mountain climb, too!! :smiley: The walk should be a piece of cake after conquering a mountain, right? ;)