Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 Well, I am old enough to be your mother. I try to give my kids the balance of grace and love and toughness that they need to grow to be healthy, resilient, competent adults. They know they are loved, they know can come to me with anything. But I am far from perfect and make plenty of mistakes. I tell them when I make a mistake and apologize.

I don't know (much) about what your childhood was like but probably my style of parenting is likely different than what you had, that is true. You are grown now, into an articulate, intelligent, kind, lovely woman. Who you are and who you become is up to you. You are in control. Practice everyday being the person you want to be. Surround yourself with people who exhibit traits you wish to have. Set boundaries and maintain them. Love yourself as you are while setting goals for who you want to be. Circumstances can change greatly. Keep your faith, keep you eyes on your goal and every day do something (however small) to move toward your goals. (This advice was given to be at the beginning of my graduate career.)

The potluck was a success. I told a number of co-workers about your hummus recipe. <3 I have a lot of interns this summer and they are doing a great job on all the projects. They also are good cooks. It was fun and we are going to do it again before they head back to school.
    This is good advice. You are very sweet and your kids are very lucky! <3
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Ack! Spikey was SO cute! Thanks for sharing!

He was, wasn't he? :) Once he got older he used to climb up the pipes into the top of his cage (there was a detachable carry case with a lid there that I could open) and wait for me to pick him up and cuddle him and give him treats. :) I was so sad when he died that I couldn't go anywhere near his cage for over a year--it just stayed there in a corner. My sister had to bury him for me because I just couldn't do it. :(

He was super cute! I do not care for hamsters because they tend to bite!
    I feel the same way about rodent boys cage now......it is in the corner of my living room, just sitting there.....

He only ever bit me twice--once when he was just bought and not used to human touch, and another time when I didn't wash my hands first and smelled like food. Hamsters have very poor eyesight, so fingers can get mistaken for food sometimes. I even had to force feed him medicine through a syringe for five days once, and he hated it but never bit. :)

Yeah my hamsters never bitten me, not even once! It's largely down to their temperament I think, but its also to do with how they're treated from when you get them, if you're careful with handling them from a young age they tend to be calmer :) Sounds like you took good care of yours @Susieq_1994 if he only got you twice!

Food smells on hands is something I'm always careful with too haha, Artemis does this really cute thing that I call a 'test nibble', he sort of holds your finger with his paws and sniffs it/puts his teeth on it, so you can feel them but he doesnt bite, he's never made a mark doing it, it's very strange haha.

He must be figuring out whether it's food or not. ;) That sounds adorable! When Spikey figured out what fingers were, he was always extremely gentle when he would take food from my hands with his teeth. :) So I don't think all hamsters are bitey; his vet did nickname him "bitey Spikey" though, because he kept trying to bite her--he didn't like being examined at all! ;)

I was very careful about hand-raising Spikey by the book--I did tons and tons of research. Gave him his space, didn't force him out of his hidey-holes or nest, started out stroking him with a toothbrush, then moved on to one finger, then started to handle him when he wasn't scared and gave him bits of food to tempt him. :)

The first bite was because I got over-excited when I first brought him home and poked my finger into his little house. ;) Then he was all like "GET OUT OF HERE*CHOMP*" :p

Haha awh bless him, I'd probably get pretty grumpy too if a stranger poked their hand into my home though haha.

Confession; I bought pop tarts today, and am seriously considering having one. My SO and I are in a bit of a predicament, as he is super skinny and doesn't eat nearly enough calories (works full time, doesnt get any time to eat while on shift, and burns a ton of calories as he's on his feet all day- he's a chef) and I'm trying to lose weight. Trying to balance this when we live together is pretty tricky, so we've come up with the approach that I'm going to keep cooking my 'healthy' dinners but sub in some less-healthy stuff on his/give him bigger portions.

Anyway, the point is this now means we have a TON of very sugary and/or tempting snacks in the house. Oh dear...

My husband is very tall and thin. When I make supper for us he always gets more cheese, sauce, pasta, rice etc. Basically any of the bits in the meal that are fattening he gets at least five times as much as I do. We tracked his calorie intake for a couple of weeks out of curiosity and he eats around 3500 calories a day and does not exercise. If I didn't love him I'd think he was an absolute jerk.
  • Kalici
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ate too much for breakfast. Had a refried beans and steak burrito, then for some dumb reason decided to make myself a pop tart ice cream sandwich. Full now. Hopefully for a long time.

I've heard of breakfast for dinner, but dinner for breakfast? lol

Steak tips and eggs!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I went out for lunch today with the DOH! and our 7 year old son. The man and boy were looking forward to their very favorite dessert - peanut butter pie. They are famous for their love of this pie, so as we entered the restaurant the owner came up to us and confessed that they were out of the pie. There were sad faces and eyes filled with tears. After we ordered lunch, the owner came to our table and offered us a very special dessert - freshly baked cherry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. He had just finished pitting the cherries and even showed us his cherry-stained fingers. It would be baked just for us.

Now, I have been pretty good about desserts. I passed on the baklava, chocolate cake - I can leave it unless my SM bakes it, and I have sipped my water while they eat their peanut butter pie. But fresh baked cherry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. He found my Kryptonite!

It was beautiful, it was wonderful, all warm cherries, sweet crust, and melty ice cream. It was so good that I can't even feel guilty.

I confess that I feel guilty about not feeling guilty. :)
    That's awesome! :)
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

Haha awh sounds like someone's awfully bitter, I wonder why? and as for some of the things people have said about 'expecting more positivity'? Think they may need to venture into this thread every now and again... or they need a visit from the super great shark...

I also think taiking smack about members in other threads would also be against guidelines…

and aren't you being well, judgmental????

I wasn't intending to talk smack or insult anyone at all, I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was just making an observation that people seem to have a grudge against certain threads and seem 'bitter' about it, no offense was intended at all :)

And I honestly meant what I said, I think everyone could benefit from the positive attitude and great support and motivation that people give in this thread, especially the people that mentioned they want more 'positivity'. It's probably the only reason a lot of people have stuck with the app so long, having people supporting you can make the world of difference. After all, it is called a 'community', and I think that's what we have here :)

And as @Susieq_1994 said, we dont have any control over where the thread is placed
  • KrisiAnnH
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju Please don't fan the flames. :) Just close your eyes and move on.

What flames? Someone asking for clarification is flame-baiting now?

I wasn't actually referring to flame-baiting. I was just saying not to get into an argument, and to just leave well enough alone. :)

woops sorry! Replied before I saw this one, will leave well alone from now on haha
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    My daughter is autistic and lives in a group home. She's made great progress through therapeutic horseback activities. If ever you want to donate money, do it to you local therapeutic horse assisted nonprofit.
  • KrisiAnnH
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Ack! Spikey was SO cute! Thanks for sharing!

He was, wasn't he? :) Once he got older he used to climb up the pipes into the top of his cage (there was a detachable carry case with a lid there that I could open) and wait for me to pick him up and cuddle him and give him treats. :) I was so sad when he died that I couldn't go anywhere near his cage for over a year--it just stayed there in a corner. My sister had to bury him for me because I just couldn't do it. :(

He was super cute! I do not care for hamsters because they tend to bite!
    I feel the same way about rodent boys cage now......it is in the corner of my living room, just sitting there.....

He only ever bit me twice--once when he was just bought and not used to human touch, and another time when I didn't wash my hands first and smelled like food. Hamsters have very poor eyesight, so fingers can get mistaken for food sometimes. I even had to force feed him medicine through a syringe for five days once, and he hated it but never bit. :)

Yeah my hamsters never bitten me, not even once! It's largely down to their temperament I think, but its also to do with how they're treated from when you get them, if you're careful with handling them from a young age they tend to be calmer :) Sounds like you took good care of yours @Susieq_1994 if he only got you twice!

Food smells on hands is something I'm always careful with too haha, Artemis does this really cute thing that I call a 'test nibble', he sort of holds your finger with his paws and sniffs it/puts his teeth on it, so you can feel them but he doesnt bite, he's never made a mark doing it, it's very strange haha.

He must be figuring out whether it's food or not. ;) That sounds adorable! When Spikey figured out what fingers were, he was always extremely gentle when he would take food from my hands with his teeth. :) So I don't think all hamsters are bitey; his vet did nickname him "bitey Spikey" though, because he kept trying to bite her--he didn't like being examined at all! ;)

I was very careful about hand-raising Spikey by the book--I did tons and tons of research. Gave him his space, didn't force him out of his hidey-holes or nest, started out stroking him with a toothbrush, then moved on to one finger, then started to handle him when he wasn't scared and gave him bits of food to tempt him. :)

The first bite was because I got over-excited when I first brought him home and poked my finger into his little house. ;) Then he was all like "GET OUT OF HERE*CHOMP*" :p

Haha awh bless him, I'd probably get pretty grumpy too if a stranger poked their hand into my home though haha.

Confession; I bought pop tarts today, and am seriously considering having one. My SO and I are in a bit of a predicament, as he is super skinny and doesn't eat nearly enough calories (works full time, doesnt get any time to eat while on shift, and burns a ton of calories as he's on his feet all day- he's a chef) and I'm trying to lose weight. Trying to balance this when we live together is pretty tricky, so we've come up with the approach that I'm going to keep cooking my 'healthy' dinners but sub in some less-healthy stuff on his/give him bigger portions.

Anyway, the point is this now means we have a TON of very sugary and/or tempting snacks in the house. Oh dear...

My husband is very tall and thin. When I make supper for us he always gets more cheese, sauce, pasta, rice etc. Basically any of the bits in the meal that are fattening he gets at least five times as much as I do. We tracked his calorie intake for a couple of weeks out of curiosity and he eats around 3500 calories a day and does not exercise. If I didn't love him I'd think he was an absolute jerk.

Haha oh man can I relate to this! I know that feeling far too well, I do the same thing, 5x the amount for him of all the fattening things. He doesn't always eat it all though... may start tracking his calories for him actually just out of interest, I suggested it but he said he didnt have time/couldnt be bothered (fair enough, he's way busier than I am!)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    So, I did my 30 minutes of circuit training and followed it with a 4.25 mile run. Not bad for feeling like crap, I guess. @Susieq_1994, does the word "crap" bother you? If so, I apologize and won't use it again.
    Also, @LBuehrle8, I do not think it is selfish in ANY WAY to want to be fit and healthy at any point in your life...whether before or after kids. I am in better shape now than before having my son...20 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight...and with some muscle too...can see abs for the first time ever. :)

So another confession...I'm tired of hearing about people getting free stuff all the time...my husband and I get nothing, ever!
    So this may be a little pathetic but I don't care..two nights ago (the night before my bday), I signed up for the Dairy Queen Eclub, the Cold Stone Creamery Eclub, and the Amatos Eclub...because I wanted my FREE ice cream, FREE Blizzard, and FREE sandwich for my birthday! We enjoyed Cold Stone last night...and I'll probably swing by Dairy Queen today or tomorrow! I'm also part of the Panera Eclub and will stop by there soon to grab my FREE birthday dessert. I haven't gotten my email with coupon for my Amatos sandwich yet...but I will enjoy that soon too! Yay for free food.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Free stuff is good!!

Glad you got your workout in. :smile:

I'm going to hit 12K steps today. There I said it, now I have to do it, even though my leg is sore.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Free stuff is good!!

I'm going to hit 12K steps today. There I said it, now I have to do it, even though my leg is sore.

Ok, just be careful not to make it worse! And you'll have to report back to us and give us your total number..over 12K! :) Have fun!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I will report back.

My leg is sore because I walked into the corner of my desk at work yesterday. I'm clumsy like that.
  • Kalici
    Options
    I am very behind on the posts and catching up. I am currently reading everyone commenting on french fry bars and I confess that I really want french fries now. I love french fries with a fiery passion that a lot of marriages don't match.
  • Kalici
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys, I have to skip the last 50 pages or so... I've had a very rough last couple of days. My husband had a seizure and ended up at the ER three days ago. It was a very traumatic experience for both of us. Long story short, hes okay now, but we're both shook up and scared. Hope everyone is doing alright

I'm so sorry, but glad he is okay now!

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Free stuff is good!!

Ok we'll be checking!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, I did my 30 minutes of circuit training and followed it with a 4.25 mile run. Not bad for feeling like crap, I guess. @Susieq_1994, does the word "crap" bother you? If so, I apologize and won't use it again.
    Also, @LBuehrle8, I do not think it is selfish in ANY WAY to want to be fit and healthy at any point in your life...whether before or after kids. I am in better shape now than before having my son...20 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight...and with some muscle too...can see abs for the first time ever. :)

So another confession...I'm tired of hearing about people getting free stuff all the time...my husband and I get nothing, ever!
    So this may be a little pathetic but I don't care..two nights ago (the night before my bday), I signed up for the Dairy Queen Eclub, the Cold Stone Creamery Eclub, and the Amatos Eclub...because I wanted my FREE ice cream, FREE Blizzard, and FREE sandwich for my birthday! We enjoyed Cold Stone last night...and I'll probably swing by Dairy Queen today or tomorrow! I'm also part of the Panera Eclub and will stop by there soon to grab my FREE birthday dessert. I haven't gotten my email with coupon for my Amatos sandwich yet...but I will enjoy that soon too! Yay for free food.

This was too funny
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My daughter is autistic and lives in a group home. She's made great progress through therapeutic horseback activities. If ever you want to donate money, do it to you local therapeutic horse assisted nonprofit.

Horses are wonderful therapy. Lots of people with autism and physical disabilities are helped by riding and through their relationship with horses.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    A little behind this morning.
    Confession: I am kind of sore from yesterday's run...and quite tired too. I'm also carrying an extra 4 pounds of water weight due to last night's dinner. :( BUT, I am going to suck it up and start my workout and do my run in about 15 minutes. Wish me luck. Catch up with you all later!

Good luck chickie!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I have been meaning to post these -- from last weekend.
    The clouds picture was somewhere over Kansas or the Pan Handle of Oklahoma. The river is the Rio Grande near Albuquerque. I got a nice picture of what appears to be a tributary on the left part of the picture too, but I don't know it's name. Seeing the Rio Grande made me think of the song by Duran Duran:

"Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
    Just like that river twisting through a dusty land
    And when she shines she really shows you all she can
    Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande"

Confession: I am a huge DuranDuran fan. My first concert ever.....when I was 13. Still love 'em.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

Glad to hear your daughter is doing well. The local theraputic horse assisted nonprofit donations are a great idea.