Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I got my first black eye ever yesterday. It hurts like a son of a gun. I was getting into my car yesterday to bring my mother-in-law home from the hospital. Opened the door, and smashed myself in the eye with the corner of it. My depth perception has been getting pretty bad over the last few montha, but I hadn't realized it had gotten that bad yet. Had already made an eye appointment for tomorrow to get new glasses... might have to tell her about this too... Little embarrassed.

Ouch! I think @lilaclovebird mentioned she had done something like this too! :grimace:

I did! I also got a split lip because of it. Hurt SO bad and LOOKED even WORSE! :confounded:

I slammed one of my breasts in a car door once. I thought I was clear - but apparently wasn't.

Ouch. One of the good things about having small boobs. They're rarely in the way.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    It never fails that when I'm running late for work, every other person in my city wants to go at least 5 miles below the speed limit. They're so inconsiderate of my tardiness. Jerks.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    It never fails that when I'm running late for work, every other person in my city wants to go at least 5 miles below the speed limit. They're so inconsiderate of my tardiness. Jerks.

OMG, I drive angry almost every morning because Syracuse is full of these people. Why doesn't anybody move with purpose?! It makes me all stabby.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    At least you didn't have a jerk running up the right hand shoulder passing people illegally and putting himself and others at risk for an accident.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    At least you didn't have a jerk running up the right hand shoulder passing people illegally and putting himself and others at risk for an accident.

Gotta love Texas drivers.

My goal most mornings is to make it to work alive (main and most important goal), and to make it to work without cussing someone out.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm TOM crabby today. People better stay out of my way. Oh, wait. Today is the day I finally meet THE attorney general, my big boss. (I'll have been at this job a year on Nov 10th and I'm just now meeting the big boss.) Guess I better start faking a good mood... :s
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    ejb060793 wrote: »
    I got my first black eye ever yesterday. It hurts like a son of a gun. I was getting into my car yesterday to bring my mother-in-law home from the hospital. Opened the door, and smashed myself in the eye with the corner of it. My depth perception has been getting pretty bad over the last few montha, but I hadn't realized it had gotten that bad yet. Had already made an eye appointment for tomorrow to get new glasses... might have to tell her about this too... Little embarrassed.

Ouch! I think @lilaclovebird mentioned she had done something like this too! :grimace:

I did! I also got a split lip because of it. Hurt SO bad and LOOKED even WORSE! :confounded:

I slammed one of my breasts in a car door once. I thought I was clear - but apparently wasn't.

Ouch. One of the good things about having small boobs. They're rarely in the way.

True that. I'd hit my nose or my chin before I ever had any boob contact. :p
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

It's been raining all week. Oh noes! The road is wet! I had better slow down to at least 10 mph below the posted limit! Aargh!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

These people make me crazy. I try to leave my house 5-10 minutes before I have to because if them and also because school buses pick up elementary kids within 5 minutes of my scheduled start time and I want to be in front of them.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I'm TOM crabby today. People better stay out of my way. Oh, wait. Today is the day I finally meet THE attorney general, my big boss. (I'll have been at this job a year on Nov 10th and I'm just now meeting the big boss.) Guess I better start faking a good mood... :s

Smile and nod...yes, sir/ma'am or no, sir/ma'am... Nice to meet you. You've got this.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

It's been raining all week. Oh noes! The road is wet! I had better slow down to at least 10 mph below the posted limit! Aargh!!!

So, I live in a mountainous rural area...some of our roads really do require slower speeds when they are wet or you may end up off the cliff or in the river. Followed by a very expensive helicopter ride to the trauma center I work for.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

So, I live in a mountainous rural area...some of our roads really do require slower speeds when they are wet or you may end up off the cliff or in the river. Followed by a very expensive helicopter ride to the trauma center I work for.

Yeah, I definitely get that. That's not the case here...
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

This happened here the other day. It was just rain, for Pete's sake! I always dread the first snowfall of the year, it's guaranteed I will be late for work.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options

These people make me crazy. I try to leave my house 5-10 minutes before I have to because if them and also because school buses pick up elementary kids within 5 minutes of my scheduled start time and I want to be in front of them.

It's amazing what a difference 5 minutes can make. If I can leave between 7:15 & 7:20, traffic is pretty good and people are moving. It'll take me 20ish minutes to get to work Leave at 7:25? Everyone drives 10-20 under the limit and it'll take 30+ minutes to get to work.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

It's amazing what a difference 5 minutes can make. If I can leave between 7:15 & 7:20, traffic is pretty good and people are moving. It'll take me 20ish minutes to get to work Leave at 7:25? Everyone drives 10-20 under the limit and it'll take 30+ minutes to get to work.

This is definitely true! In addition to the school buses, I drive by both middle schools and the high school on my way to work. The doors open at both at 7. If I leave 5 minutes late, I meet all of the teens and teachers on the road. No, thanks!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I've been considering a plot to get a gym member kicked out, after catching him failing to wash his hands coming out of the bathroom stall for the second time...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I've been considering a plot to get a gym member kicked out, after catching him failing to wash his hands coming out of the bathroom stall for the second time...

GROSS! I am *so* brainwashed about washing my hands thanks to JCAHO rules. Community acquired (insert disease here) is usually easily prevented by hand washing. And a lot of hospital acquired infections are the same. Hand washing is the best medical advance in human history.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I'll play too:

I have definitely eaten dry hot chocolate mix, but I have also eaten dry cake mix. Yeah.

I have never eaten out of the trash as I'm a bit germophobic. However, I do have a trash-related confession for today: I threw out like 20 kg of my husband's expired protein powder/creatine this weekend without telling him and I have a feeling he's going to be mad when he does notice...but it expired in DECEMBER 2013 and it has been cluttering up my limited pantry space ever since and he has not made a protein shake in at least a year and a half. I don't regret it and I know if I'd asked him he would have been like "but it's so expeeeeeensive..." but it was also going to poison him probably so I don't care.

I've never drowned peanut butter but I've definitely thrown "extra" stuff right down the disposal instead of saving it so there was no chance I could go back and eat more of it.

I wear workout stuff at least twice, as I have only three sports bras, do laundry once weekly, and work out every day but Friday normally.

I've never worn a sauna suit but I did try one of those ab belts once and I also used to have a Thigh Master passed down from my mother, haha.

It probably would've tasted disgusting if he did make one now. You did the right thing :wink:

Right? Not like he would have noticed with all the almond butter, fruit, and yogurt he loads into his smoothies but still, it can't have been good. I know it was powder but it's still kinda dairy and if it had an expiry on it that probably means something...especially a nearly two-year-old expiry.

I'm glad I married a guy who's responsible with his money but sometimes I have to shake my head and tell him it's okay to get rid of stuff that's unusable even if it was expensive. I refuse to let him turn into a hoarder like I worry certain members of his family are headed.

For what it is worth, the health dept and USDA let us serve canned foods/dry goods at the soup kitchen for a year after it's "expiration" date. I think it's 6 months for frozen foods, but don't quote me on that. The protein powder needed to go.

Interesting. I tend to look at the "best by date" as a suggestion anyway.

There's a lot of research out there that suggests exactly that - that "best before" doesn't mean "inedible after" - but I'm pretty conservative with it and will toss anything I'm remotely suspicious about, especially dairy. My boss has been known to eat yogurt weeks past its expiry from her office fridge and I would NEVER. I clean out the fridge weekly and very little that's past date is ever allowed to remain. I'm aware that it's wasteful but I just can't deal with it. I do try really hard not to throw out food though and use everything FIFO like a restaurant walk-in ;)

I will eat things like yogurt past the best before date if it was unopened & doesn't smell/look bad. I use the best before as a suggestion as well - besides, just because that date hasn't passed doesn't automatically mean it's good. I've opened milk and it's been bad, even though it was days before the expiry.

My husband thinks all yogurt is by definition rotten anyway. He says " how can you tell if it's to rotten" I must mention that he doesn't like yogurt. He is confused on some topics and this is one of them.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Gotta love Texas drivers.

My goal most mornings is to make it to work alive (main and most important goal), and to make it to work without cussing someone out.

If you aren't cussing while driving, you aren't paying attention!!LOL!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »

GROSS! I am *so* brainwashed about washing my hands thanks to JCAHO rules. Community acquired (insert disease here) is usually easily prevented by hand washing. And a lot of hospital acquired infections are the same. Hand washing is the best medical advance in human history.

Gross is right. I work for a hospital and they drill into our heads every single day the importance of hand hygiene. We have secret shopper type people who hang around and make sure you wash your hands properly after using the restroom. And every day the "hand hygiene" number, or percentage of people observed who are doing it properly, is displayed on the front page of our website. Today's hand hygiene number is 96%. You'd think this would be at 100%, what with this being a hospital and all.