Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Thanks everybody. :) At the moment the suckiest part for me is that I will undoubtedly be off the ice for quite a while.

In lolness, though, I got on the scales this morning before realising that I am wearing a non-removeable, quite heavy cast hahahahhahaha

I know this must be extremely frustrating for you. I know you were going through levels and tests. Were you competing?

When I broke bones I had casts for 6 weeks which seemed like eternity. The cast protected the bone from movement and I pretty much did any thing I liked with the exception of what my cast prevented me from doing.
    I rode horses, played soccer, roller skated and anything else. My fractures were not open fractures though. I have no experience on that. Was the fracture open?

What activities did the doctors tell you to refrain from? Can you still skate some? Boy am I being nosy, please forgive me and you don't have to answer.

Really what I'm trying to say is I care, hope you aren't completely grounded, and I am hoping for a speedy and full recovery.

Fortunately the season has ended for all but the Championship level skaters (and even that is in two weeks), so this won't affect any comps for me, but I was working on a test that will now be set back for however long. However, I won't have another opportunity to take the test until April, so that may be not as much of an issue (we can only test in special sessions).

I haven't had an official "you have to be off the ice for x weeks" yet, mostly because they haven't figured out the extent of the damage yet. I wouldn't skate with the cast on anyway because my balance is minimal at the best of times, and knowing clumsy me, I would fall on it again and make it worse :( I don't think the fracture is open. They didn't get a good look at it on the xray because apparently scaphoids don't show up well on those, hence the CT scan on Monday. Hopefully it's not too displaced.
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Confession - I am not the brightest button in the box!
    I've recently switched to stronglifts 5x5 and have been really enjoying it but the last couple of workouts I've completely failed on both bench press & oh press. Was completely frustrated and even contemplating giving up as I couldn't understand the set back. Until my boyfriend pointed out last night that I was forgetting to account for the weight of the bar itself - I'd added the full weight on top of the bar weight so was basically jumping up a stupid amount!!! Oops - I swear I can be intelligent sometimes (admittedly apart from this lunchtime when I walked into a lamppost - on a busy main road. Tried to pretend it didn't happen but was outside a chippy packed with work colleagues so couldn't really get away with it!!)
    On the upside - spy pen man hasn't been in this week so haven't had to deal with his nonsense.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. :) At the moment the suckiest part for me is that I will undoubtedly be off the ice for quite a while.

In lolness, though, I got on the scales this morning before realising that I am wearing a non-removeable, quite heavy cast hahahahhahaha

I know this must be extremely frustrating for you. I know you were going through levels and tests. Were you competing?

When I broke bones I had casts for 6 weeks which seemed like eternity. The cast protected the bone from movement and I pretty much did any thing I liked with the exception of what my cast prevented me from doing.
    I rode horses, played soccer, roller skated and anything else. My fractures were not open fractures though. I have no experience on that. Was the fracture open?

What activities did the doctors tell you to refrain from? Can you still skate some? Boy am I being nosy, please forgive me and you don't have to answer.

Really what I'm trying to say is I care, hope you aren't completely grounded, and I am hoping for a speedy and full recovery.

Fortunately the season has ended for all but the Championship level skaters (and even that is in two weeks), so this won't affect any comps for me, but I was working on a test that will now be set back for however long. However, I won't have another opportunity to take the test until April, so that may be not as much of an issue (we can only test in special sessions).

I haven't had an official "you have to be off the ice for x weeks" yet, mostly because they haven't figured out the extent of the damage yet. I wouldn't skate with the cast on anyway because my balance is minimal at the best of times, and knowing clumsy me, I would fall on it again and make it worse :( I don't think the fracture is open. They didn't get a good look at it on the xray because apparently scaphoids don't show up well on those, hence the CT scan on Monday. Hopefully it's not too displaced.

You'd have had surgery immediately for an open fracture. The bone breaks the skin. (My son did this to his foot) You can have a closed fracture that requires surgery, but they often wait for some of the swelling around the break to go down. I hope you don't need surgery at all.
    Also, I wouldn't try to skate with a cast either...the balance issues are real.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    I've recently switched to stronglifts 5x5 and have been really enjoying it but the last couple of workouts I've completely failed on both bench press & oh press. Was completely frustrated and even contemplating giving up as I couldn't understand the set back. Until my boyfriend pointed out last night that I was forgetting to account for the weight of the bar itself - I'd added the full weight on top of the bar weight so was basically jumping up a stupid amount!!! Oops - I swear I can be intelligent sometimes (admittedly apart from this lunchtime when I walked into a lamppost - on a busy main road. Tried to pretend it didn't happen but was outside a chippy packed with work colleagues so couldn't really get away with it!!)
    On the upside - spy pen man hasn't been in this week so haven't had to deal with his nonsense.

Bonus! When I read the original post about the spy pen I was flabbergasted... that would be grounds for dismissal here, but I work for gov't. And not too bright a spy to leave your bugging equipment lying around for the victim to find.

Since I lift first thing in the morning in a bit of a brain fog, I've done some crazy things like load the bar unevenly or forget the retaining clips... or take plates off to set up for a lift using different weight, and put the previous plates right back on again. :D
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confession: My team is turning on each other a little bit because of some more creative staffing we're trying with another department...and I don't care. It's all SUPER petty and they've already been told this is just a trial, so I feel like it's a complete waste of my time to address it.

Other confession: It's likely that one of them will be transfered out to the other department, rather than having multiple people support it, and I'm not allowed to tell them yet. If I could, they'd probably all shut up and be on their best behavior so it isn't them. (Not true anyway - we stat rank based on the last three annual reviews, then by seniority if there's a tie)

Ooh, this reminds me - did you ever get job news?

I checked in with the HR rep last Thursday and was told to hang in there, and that she'd let me know either way. So, hanging because that's all I can do.

Annoyingly long wait but I guess no news is good news. I will keep everything crossed for you!

My company takes a stupid long time to make hiring decisions too...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: My team is turning on each other a little bit because of some more creative staffing we're trying with another department...and I don't care. It's all SUPER petty and they've already been told this is just a trial, so I feel like it's a complete waste of my time to address it.

Other confession: It's likely that one of them will be transfered out to the other department, rather than having multiple people support it, and I'm not allowed to tell them yet. If I could, they'd probably all shut up and be on their best behavior so it isn't them. (Not true anyway - we stat rank based on the last three annual reviews, then by seniority if there's a tie)

People always get territorial and defensive if they perceive their job is at risk, or if they have to make a change. I just remind them being helpful and cooperative leaves a better impression, and taking a leadership position during times of change like this is overall a better approach and good for their future.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Bringing the thread back to its roots.

Confession: I'm looking forward to Veteran's Day burgers with my parents SO much, I dreamt about them last night...

But are you going to eat them in dirty exercise clothes, drown them in ketchup or throw it in the trash, take it back out and eat it? Or drown it before throwing the uneaten parts away?

Missing you POF!!

Me too! I have been swamped at work so trying to catch up with the sub/smaller threads. But the Batcave Confession thread is going to hit 1000 unread before I can catch up!

I can't keep up with the Batcave anymore! It moves so fast!

Yep, this week is scary. For a while it slowed down but this week they were VERY CHATTY!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Confession: I'm looking forward to Veteran's Day burgers with my parents SO much, I dreamt about them last night...

But are you going to eat them in dirty exercise clothes, drown them in ketchup or throw it in the trash, take it back out and eat it? Or drown it before throwing the uneaten parts away?

Missing you POF!!

Me too! I have been swamped at work so trying to catch up with the sub/smaller threads. But the Batcave Confession thread is going to hit 1000 unread before I can catch up!

It's not the same without you there but I totally understand being busy at work!

Awww. I wil try to get back in it tonight. After riding. After folding laundry... :)

I love folding laundry lol

I don't mind folding it. Its forcing all that stuff into my overstuffed drawers and shelves.
  • ythannah
    Options

Missing you POF!!

It's not the same without you there but I totally understand being busy at work!

Awww. I wil try to get back in it tonight. After riding. After folding laundry... :)

I love folding laundry lol

I don't mind folding it. Its forcing all that stuff into my overstuffed drawers and shelves.

I resemble that remark...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Missing you POF!!

I can't keep up with the Batcave anymore! It moves so fast!

Yep, this week is scary. For a while it slowed down but this week they were VERY CHATTY!

This is true and with OT ongoing, I can't keep up. I guess the extra $ is good, but I hate losing my time.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    I take a "free day" once per week and not only do I indulge in one heck of a terribly unhealthy meal, I usually drink a few too many alcoholic beverages.. (In my defense, I don't even drink a sip the other 6 days each week.) :)

So, you're basically like most of us, but you admit it. LOL! I actually don't think of my diet as terribly healthy to start with, so free days aren't necessary.
  • ythannah
    Options
    Oh sorry, did I break in on a side-conversation... Haha! My bad. Continue....

No worries, side conversations and tangents are the norm around here!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

I'm glad you aren't going to miss out on your competition. Hopefully you will be back on the ice soon enough to excel on the test in April. Let us know how every thing is going.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »

Holy smokes! No wonder you failed, especially stupid tool-of-the-devil OHPs!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry, did I break in on a side-conversation... Haha! My bad. Continue....

Nope, not at all. Random topics are absolutely how we roll around here!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: I shopped for myself today because I forgot my Secret Santa list. :blush: But, I finally found a dark orange sweater -- I have been looking for one for a year.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself up to 3 times a day. Trying to cut it down to once a week is so difficult!

Baby steps. Try cutting down to once a day first, for example. Then maybe once every other day.

Although, in my opinion, as long as it isn't freaking you out, it doesn't matter how often you weigh yourself. The only time it matters is if it is having a negative effect on you mentally.

This. I weigh myself everyday and track in on a weight trend app. That way, the daily fluctuations don't bother me as much, as long as I see it going down over time.

I do only log the loss in MFP though, so they feel like victories!

I do exactly the same thing. Happy Scale app for daily logging, losses get added to MFP.

I also use Happy Scale and weigh myself once per day at most. I love that app! It's made me pay much less attention to the daily number.

Going to look up Happy Scale.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    So maybe I will be the only one to post in this thread today, but I CANNOT let it die! I am so bored at work today! I am pretty sure my boss knows I have nothing to do, but he does not offer me more.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. I am sorry that you are bored. Your boss annoys me almost as much as my own, but for the opposite reason.
    18 months ago, she hired a new employee whom I trained on occupational medicine billing, supposedly to help me so that I could work on other projects. 14 months ago she gave the new employee all of the occ med and put me on even more other projects (opening new clinics, financial analysis, collecting the oldest Accounts Receivable because the research involved in proving that yes, insurer XYZ does owe us more money doesn't bother me). I only back J up when she is out. Except that while I was doing other projects, the A/R for my occ med clinics went up by 700%!!! I was never allowed to help when it would have been easy, but now I have to work mandatory overtime and can't do any other work until it's back to where I had it before or better.

When I ask you, did I become a draft horse to be hitched to the heaviest wagon and used to pull it out the ditch? and if I am in fact being used as a draft horse, why doesn't the boss treat me as well as POF treats her horses?

Where I work if you prove that you can do the job they give you more. There is no barometer for how hard you worked to get it done.

Positive follow up - I told my boss yesterday I was bored and he wants me to learn the job of a co-worker to relieve some of his stress, so yippee, no more boring work days for a while!

Good I would rather look at the time and realize that it's past lunch time then wonder if the clock could move any slower.

Sometimes I hate my Fitbit HR Charge, because I will constantly hit the clock to see what time it is, & how much longer I have to be at work.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Or sprinkle Hot Cocoa powder all over it:).
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Hey, this thread is back! (Or back on the first page so that I can see it, anyway.) My confession is that I'm watching the UFC instead of going to the gym. I want to be like Joanna Jedrejczyk but that is not going to happen if I keep being this lazy... I'm also over my calories. Today is the first bad day I've had in a while, though, so hopefully I'll be back on track tomorrow.