Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    You could do a supplement. I take the lozenges! You should be able to find them right with cough drops.
    There's one called "Cold Eeze" and another called "No Time For Colds"..but they should have generic store brands too.

Why do we not have a bingo game for zinc?

Mel wanders off to add zinc to basket of bingo balls with eating cocoa powder, drowning peanut butter, wearing trash bags and taking unopened food from trash for the group bingo game.

exactly!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    oops apparently I am on a single track today with my responses.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I totally ate 6 donuts last week while sick. I logged it actually and that was really hard to do! I was miserable after. But I'm telling you dunkin donuts cookie dough donut is amazing and wrong. So wrong. But yum!

The words "wrong" and "donut" do not go together. And you were honest about it so don't stress.

You do know there is no nutritious value in donuts, right? (just for you, Mo).
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Day 3 of waking up feeling like poo. I have a headache, my stomach hurts, and I just feel like I could sleep for days. And @kelly_c_77 before you even ask, yes, I am taking zinc.

Here's a confession for you. I almost didn't eat enough to close out my diary yesterday. :anguished:

Yuck! I was sick twice in January and I am very rarely sick. It was horrible. I hope you feel better quickly! Sending delicious chicken noodle soup, and fresh squeezed OJ, but no hugs right now because I can't afford to get sick again. ;)

I don't think I'm sick, well, at least not physically. I'm pretty sure 98% of mine is stress related. And I showered today so I'm safe to hug. Fresh squeezed OJ sounds good though too, and I can fit it into my calories.

When we went to Cancun years ago (pre-Payton), we had the BEST orange juice. I've never found anything even close. Oh my gosh, it was so good! It's making my mouth water thinking about it.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I totally ate 6 donuts last week while sick. I logged it actually and that was really hard to do! I was miserable after. But I'm telling you dunkin donuts cookie dough donut is amazing and wrong. So wrong. But yum!

The words "wrong" and "donut" do not go together. And you were honest about it so don't stress.

:confounded::heartbreak: But what about carbs?! Those are nutritious. I NEED them for my gains!

runs off crying
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of waking up feeling like poo. I have a headache, my stomach hurts, and I just feel like I could sleep for days. And @kelly_c_77 before you even ask, yes, I am taking zinc.

Here's a confession for you. I almost didn't eat enough to close out my diary yesterday. :anguished:

Yuck! I was sick twice in January and I am very rarely sick. It was horrible. I hope you feel better quickly! Sending delicious chicken noodle soup, and fresh squeezed OJ, but no hugs right now because I can't afford to get sick again. ;)

I don't think I'm sick, well, at least not physically. I'm pretty sure 98% of mine is stress related. And I showered today so I'm safe to hug. Fresh squeezed OJ sounds good though too, and I can fit it into my calories.

Be careful with stress. My mom wound up nearly hospitalized due to stress from her work. She couldn't eat because she choked on everything because her throat would close and her blood pressure went so high her face swelled up. Super scary. Take care of yourself.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »

Be careful with stress. My mom wound up nearly hospitalized due to stress from her work. She couldn't eat because she choked on everything because her throat would close and her blood pressure went so high her face swelled up. Super scary. Take care of yourself.

Wow! That just completely freaked me out for @MoHousdon. You really do need your gym therapy!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I know the feeling Mo, I've been struggling with appetite the past few months, I'm going to agree and let you know it's most definitely stress related :( I'm sorry Mo, you know you can always let out a string of expletives through text, we won't mind!! :)<3<3 GET IT ALL OUT love you Mo!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I did NOT need to know this existed! :p

I know right?

drooling_homer.gif
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Ugh! Sending you get well vibes.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »

Ah, so you are British? Flat/trainers...

I haven't been great lately (ever?) training but am determined that February will change that.
    Ooh a Brit! Where are you cosmo?
    I'm from Liverpool. Remember - no judgement... :smile:

Liverpool is awesome!
    i spent lots of time there, always had fun.
    of course this is also coming from the girl that was living in Ormskirk (remember, no judgement ;) ).

eta: tried to fix the quotes...still totally jacked up....
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

:confounded::heartbreak: But what about carbs?! Those are nutritious. I NEED them for my gains!

runs off crying

Your brain runs on carbs!

I learned that by reading New Rules Of Lifting For Women.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

runs off crying

Your brain runs on carbs!

I learned that by reading New Rules Of Lifting For Women.

And it's true!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

He was quite the little man doing his part!

He is. All my kids have different ways of spending either their or my money. My daughter lets it flow like water in the stores (she's a teen, no surprise) my middle child pinches pennies so hard they cry, and he is the king of the deal. But when he decides to spend, 75% of the time he's buying for one of his siblings. And my youngest is in the middle, likes to spend, but always looks for the sales.

I try to teach them money management skills that will last a life time.

It looks like you are doing good job. You are giving them an opportunity to find their own style while they are young and you can still talk to them about choices. I like that their personalities are showing through.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

Hugs. Son just got better. Daughter home sick.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I know the feeling Mo, I've been struggling with appetite the past few months, I'm going to agree and let you know it's most definitely stress related :( I'm sorry Mo, you know you can always let out a string of expletives through text, we won't mind!! :)<3<3 GET IT ALL OUT love you Mo!

Xo
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're sick too, Mo! But I'm very happy to hear you're taking Zinc! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure zinc doesn't work with stress! :(

See? Zinc 2x in this ONE post! :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    You could do a supplement. I take the lozenges! You should be able to find them right with cough drops.
    There's one called "Cold Eeze" and another called "No Time For Colds"..but they should have generic store brands too.

Why do we not have a bingo game for zinc?

Mel wanders off to add zinc to basket of bingo balls with eating cocoa powder, drowning peanut butter, wearing trash bags and taking unopened food from trash for the group bingo game.

Haha! Good job Mel!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    quote]

Ah, so you are British? Flat/trainers...

I haven't been great lately (ever?) training but am determined that February will change that.

Ooh a Brit! Where are you cosmo?[/quote]

I'm from Liverpool. Remember - no judgement... :smile: [/quote]

;) I'm trying...

Actually I live in slough during the week so I don't have a leg to stand on
  • Oberon21
    Options

Wow! That just completely freaked me out for @MoHousdon. You really do need your gym therapy!

Agreed!