Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I totally ate 6 donuts last week while sick. I logged it actually and that was really hard to do! I was miserable after. But I'm telling you dunkin donuts cookie dough donut is amazing and wrong. So wrong. But yum!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm up today far too early, can't sleep because I can't breathe. Can't breathe because I have a stuffed up nose, can't mouth breathe because my house is so dry I feel like I've chewed on sand after 5 minutes so I have to take a sip of water. After an hour of that I had to get up to use the bathroom. After 2 hours of all this, I gave up and made coffee.

I think I'm going to need a nap today.

Yup, naps are good and take some Zinc!! Hope you feel better soon!

I have never heard of taking zinc for colds. I wonder if its a regional thing? Here everyone pushes the Vit C. I'm just having all fingers and toes crossed that this cold doesn't take a trip into the stomach bug territory that my boys just got over. That would suck.

So zinc like supplements? I'll have to look into that. :smiley:

Take the zinc. Dump some sage and thyme in a pot of water and let it simmer while you read in your kitchen. Sage is antimicrobial; thyme I antiinflammatory; and the steam will not only get the herbs into your stuffy nose but also humidify your house a bit.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    You could do a supplement. I take the lozenges! You should be able to find them right with cough drops.
    There's one called "Cold Eeze" and another called "No Time For Colds"..but they should have generic store brands too.

Why do we not have a bingo game for zinc?

Mel wanders off to add zinc to basket of bingo balls with eating cocoa powder, drowning peanut butter, wearing trash bags and taking unopened food from trash for the group bingo game.
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm up today far too early, can't sleep because I can't breathe. Can't breathe because I have a stuffed up nose, can't mouth breathe because my house is so dry I feel like I've chewed on sand after 5 minutes so I have to take a sip of water. After an hour of that I had to get up to use the bathroom. After 2 hours of all this, I gave up and made coffee.

Poor you - this sounds so thoroughly miserable. I agree with the zinc option. And also the nap option (but then I always agree with naps)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Sorry you are ill! It's been a tough winter for all.

I'm hoping February brings better news. January kinda sucked for me.

But I just heard the groundhog did not see his shadow, so yay, early spring!! :sunglasses:

I don't think anyone could see the groundhog through the fog here today, much less his shadow.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I totally ate 6 donuts last week while sick. I logged it actually and that was really hard to do! I was miserable after. But I'm telling you dunkin donuts cookie dough donut is amazing and wrong. So wrong. But yum!

The words "wrong" and "donut" do not go together. And you were honest about it so don't stress.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I love my job...catching up here while I am on hold.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

He was quite the little man doing his part!

He is. All my kids have different ways of spending either their or my money. My daughter lets it flow like water in the stores (she's a teen, no surprise) my middle child pinches pennies so hard they cry, and he is the king of the deal. But when he decides to spend, 75% of the time he's buying for one of his siblings. And my youngest is in the middle, likes to spend, but always looks for the sales.

I try to teach them money management skills that will last a life time.

This is SO sweet!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Good job logging!!

And why have I not heard of such a thing?!? YUM
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    I love my job...catching up here while I am on hold.

Yay
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

He was quite the little man doing his part!

He is. All my kids have different ways of spending either their or my money. My daughter lets it flow like water in the stores (she's a teen, no surprise) my middle child pinches pennies so hard they cry, and he is the king of the deal. But when he decides to spend, 75% of the time he's buying for one of his siblings. And my youngest is in the middle, likes to spend, but always looks for the sales.

I try to teach them money management skills that will last a life time.

This is SO sweet!

That's my boy. Its his birthday, and he got a new mario action figure and he came in to the kitchen and whispers "We need to get a bigger one with a crown (King Boo) for younger brother on his birthday"

Yup, naps are good and take some Zinc!! Hope you feel better soon!

I have never heard of taking zinc for colds. I wonder if its a regional thing? Here everyone pushes the Vit C. I'm just having all fingers and toes crossed that this cold doesn't take a trip into the stomach bug territory that my boys just got over. That would suck.

So zinc like supplements? I'll have to look into that. :smiley:

Take the zinc. Dump some sage and thyme in a pot of water and let it simmer while you read in your kitchen. Sage is antimicrobial; thyme I antiinflammatory; and the steam will not only get the herbs into your stuffy nose but also humidify your house a bit.

And if nothing else will make my house smell like thanksgiving :wink:
    I already have the pot on, and I have a humidifier going on the other end of the house, I am so determined to get the humidity up. At least its not -40*C, that temp dries you out so much.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I think my diet and fitness life is putting a major strain on my relationship. I can't share my passion with my partner so it feels like I don't have much to bring to the table anymore.

I think there is much more to you that your passion for diet and fitness. What can't you share with your partner your interest in diet and fitness? What makes you feel like you have nothing to bring to the table?
    Yesterday was a lovely day. I finally got to give Phoebe a bath without fear she would shiver to death. She looked so shiny and beautiful when I left the barn.

I ate nearly an entire bag of gourmet popcorn that someone left at the barn. Then went to dinner with a friend. No alcohol was consumed by me, but a slice of cheesecake sure was. I was definitely over calories yesterday!

I bet Phoebe fills like a princess. Wants to go pet her shiny coat and feed her peppermints. She isn't on a diet is she. Can I fit it into her macro goals?
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    My clothes from the hike were so rank yesterday (5240 feet elevation gain, 16 miles, 25 lbs on my back) that I was embarrassed to walk into In N Out burger to feed my face after the hike...but, I was HUNGRY.

Screw embarassment! You totally rocked that hike!!

This!

How many steps did you get Laura?

I wish we had In N Out on the East Coast,

Me, too! I've never had it!

I'm gonna get some hate for this but I've had In N Out once when I was in Nevada and it was good but it didn't turn out to be something that I end up craving. I'd go again but usually when I think something is awesome, I end up thinking about it and craving it.The animal style fries were good and I do end up wanting those every now and then.

I actually like 5 guys burgers and fries best from what is available near me.

I <3 Five Guys! They are very celiac friendly and the fries....soooo yummy!
    Looks up five guys burgers on map quest. There is one in the same city as I am thinking of running a 5K. Mental calculation of wether I could fit it into my macros. Checks to see if there is an offering for a 10K, Half marathon. Wonders if I could be able to crawl in and get one if I out do myself. Realize that I probably can make it work with the 5K, Wow I need to go back to sleep.
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Look what arrived!ag1ne0hzjqwi.jpg

Wow, I'm so jealous. Really wish I had room in my flat for a treadmill - would probably have to give up the couch to fit it in though. Maybe then I'll actually start running instead of just thinking about it. I've entered a 5k for end of April, downloaded the C25K app and bought new trainers. Now all I have to do is actually get my backside out of the house and start!

Ah, so you are British? Flat/trainers...

I haven't been great lately (ever?) training but am determined that February will change that.

Yep - guilty - I am British. So... what are the equivalent words for you guys??

Apartment and Gym Shoes or Sneakers (depending on what part of the country you are in). Or running shoes.

This, except here sneakers are like converse or skate shoes, and running shoes and gym shoes are like Nike, and New Balance :)

Funny story: When my youngest was 4 we went to get him sneakers for preschool, and when we got them, he was always putting them on in the house, and when asked why he said he wanted to be a ninja, and ninjas were sneaky so he needed his sneakers on so he could sneak

That was so cute! Kids are hysterical. I may borrow this.

Myles, That was such a cute story. I love listening to kids talk and how they think.
    Folks: THIS is what I am doing Thursday night:

http://billybobstexas.com/dance/free-line-dance-lessons

Tee hee. I'll take pics!

Must have pics. You will have to have someone take a picture of you dancing too. No posing allowed.
    says the Photomonger!
    I have been fudging my calorie total since October due to candy.

Halloween candy?

You could always take the leftovers to work & put it in the break room.

I confess I've ate like a fat pig the past two days (Saturday/Sunday) & have gained a crazy amount of water weight. I'm mad at myself, but will get back to it today.

I still think one of my biggest triggers is eating too early in the morning. I think I'm going to start eating around 11:00 AM for my first meal (the time might fluctuate based off my work schedule) & then eat my later meal around 7-8 at night. This way I figure I can cut down on mindless snacking & at the same time include mini snacks with my main meals.

Sounds like a good plan. I discovered that if I don't eat protein in the morning there is no end to my hunger and snacking abilities.

Wendy, Phoebe looks like she needs to be on a diet. She is always permanently round like she is pregnant but unlimited peppermint are always in here macros.

Where are you doing the 5k?

75c8db3743f636a956b2f15214c94b4b.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I did NOT need to know this existed! :p
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    You could do a supplement. I take the lozenges! You should be able to find them right with cough drops.
    There's one called "Cold Eeze" and another called "No Time For Colds"..but they should have generic store brands too.

Why do we not have a bingo game for zinc?

Mel wanders off to add zinc to basket of bingo balls with eating cocoa powder, drowning peanut butter, wearing trash bags and taking unopened food from trash for the group bingo game.

:D
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of waking up feeling like poo. I have a headache, my stomach hurts, and I just feel like I could sleep for days. And @kelly_c_77 before you even ask, yes, I am taking zinc.

Here's a confession for you. I almost didn't eat enough to close out my diary yesterday. :anguished:
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Day 3 of waking up feeling like poo. I have a headache, my stomach hurts, and I just feel like I could sleep for days. And @kelly_c_77 before you even ask, yes, I am taking zinc.

Here's a confession for you. I almost didn't eat enough to close out my diary yesterday. :anguished:

Yuck! I was sick twice in January and I am very rarely sick. It was horrible. I hope you feel better quickly! Sending delicious chicken noodle soup, and fresh squeezed OJ, but no hugs right now because I can't afford to get sick again. ;)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Sorry you are ill! It's been a tough winter for all.

I'm hoping February brings better news. January kinda sucked for me.

But I just heard the groundhog did not see his shadow, so yay, early spring!! :sunglasses:

I heard that as well. Good old Phil... They were playing it live this AM and it sounds like a circus up there. Crazy they have been doing that for 130 years.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Yuck! I was sick twice in January and I am very rarely sick. It was horrible. I hope you feel better quickly! Sending delicious chicken noodle soup, and fresh squeezed OJ, but no hugs right now because I can't afford to get sick again. ;)

I don't think I'm sick, well, at least not physically. I'm pretty sure 98% of mine is stress related. And I showered today so I'm safe to hug. Fresh squeezed OJ sounds good though too, and I can fit it into my calories.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Feel better, Mo. <3
  • Oberon21
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I think my diet and fitness life is putting a major strain on my relationship. I can't share my passion with my partner so it feels like I don't have much to bring to the table anymore.

I think there is much more to you that your passion for diet and fitness. What can't you share with your partner your interest in diet and fitness? What makes you feel like you have nothing to bring to the table?
    Yesterday was a lovely day. I finally got to give Phoebe a bath without fear she would shiver to death. She looked so shiny and beautiful when I left the barn.

I ate nearly an entire bag of gourmet popcorn that someone left at the barn. Then went to dinner with a friend. No alcohol was consumed by me, but a slice of cheesecake sure was. I was definitely over calories yesterday!

I bet Phoebe fills like a princess. Wants to go pet her shiny coat and feed her peppermints. She isn't on a diet is she. Can I fit it into her macro goals?
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    My clothes from the hike were so rank yesterday (5240 feet elevation gain, 16 miles, 25 lbs on my back) that I was embarrassed to walk into In N Out burger to feed my face after the hike...but, I was HUNGRY.

Screw embarassment! You totally rocked that hike!!

This!

How many steps did you get Laura?

I wish we had In N Out on the East Coast,

Me, too! I've never had it!

I'm gonna get some hate for this but I've had In N Out once when I was in Nevada and it was good but it didn't turn out to be something that I end up craving. I'd go again but usually when I think something is awesome, I end up thinking about it and craving it.The animal style fries were good and I do end up wanting those every now and then.

I actually like 5 guys burgers and fries best from what is available near me.

I <3 Five Guys! They are very celiac friendly and the fries....soooo yummy!
    Looks up five guys burgers on map quest. There is one in the same city as I am thinking of running a 5K. Mental calculation of wether I could fit it into my macros. Checks to see if there is an offering for a 10K, Half marathon. Wonders if I could be able to crawl in and get one if I out do myself. Realize that I probably can make it work with the 5K, Wow I need to go back to sleep.
    Look what arrived!ag1ne0hzjqwi.jpg

Wow, I'm so jealous. Really wish I had room in my flat for a treadmill - would probably have to give up the couch to fit it in though. Maybe then I'll actually start running instead of just thinking about it. I've entered a 5k for end of April, downloaded the C25K app and bought new trainers. Now all I have to do is actually get my backside out of the house and start!

Ah, so you are British? Flat/trainers...

I haven't been great lately (ever?) training but am determined that February will change that.

Yep - guilty - I am British. So... what are the equivalent words for you guys??

Apartment and Gym Shoes or Sneakers (depending on what part of the country you are in). Or running shoes.

This, except here sneakers are like converse or skate shoes, and running shoes and gym shoes are like Nike, and New Balance :)

Funny story: When my youngest was 4 we went to get him sneakers for preschool, and when we got them, he was always putting them on in the house, and when asked why he said he wanted to be a ninja, and ninjas were sneaky so he needed his sneakers on so he could sneak

That was so cute! Kids are hysterical. I may borrow this.

Myles, That was such a cute story. I love listening to kids talk and how they think.
    Folks: THIS is what I am doing Thursday night:

http://billybobstexas.com/dance/free-line-dance-lessons

Tee hee. I'll take pics!

Must have pics. You will have to have someone take a picture of you dancing too. No posing allowed.
    says the Photomonger!
    I have been fudging my calorie total since October due to candy.

Halloween candy?

You could always take the leftovers to work & put it in the break room.

I confess I've ate like a fat pig the past two days (Saturday/Sunday) & have gained a crazy amount of water weight. I'm mad at myself, but will get back to it today.

I still think one of my biggest triggers is eating too early in the morning. I think I'm going to start eating around 11:00 AM for my first meal (the time might fluctuate based off my work schedule) & then eat my later meal around 7-8 at night. This way I figure I can cut down on mindless snacking & at the same time include mini snacks with my main meals.

Sounds like a good plan. I discovered that if I don't eat protein in the morning there is no end to my hunger and snacking abilities.

Wendy, Phoebe looks like she needs to be on a diet. She is always permanently round like she is pregnant but unlimited peppermint are always in here macros.

Where are you doing the 5k?

75c8db3743f636a956b2f15214c94b4b.jpg

Exactly!