Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Confession: My shirt was so rank by the end of my workout that I could hardly stand to be around me. I pulled it out of the clean laundry, too. If some baking powder doesn't help, this is one UA workout shirt that is going in the trash!

My favorite Lululemon sports bra was like that too. It finally stopped reeking but it almost had to go in the trash.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Happy Birthday, Thread!

My first post was in april, a reply in regards to food hoarding and super couponing (excuse!).

This thread has been so *kitten**ng awesome!

I'm glad to have met so many great people that have been willing to put on their big kid panties and have open conversions with very helpful discussions.

Yay thread!

The bolded makes me think it was a reply to me, lol.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    My clothes from the hike were so rank yesterday (5240 feet elevation gain, 16 miles, 25 lbs on my back) that I was embarrassed to walk into In N Out burger to feed my face after the hike...but, I was HUNGRY.

Screw embarassment! You totally rocked that hike!!

This!

How many steps did you get Laura?

I wish we had In N Out on the East Coast,
    It was 53,000 something.. 443 flights of stairs. Turns out it is a Strava segmet for trail runners. 19 people have run it (I don't understand because it is big steps up, slipery rocks, sheets of granite, pushing through crown of thorn bushes, next to cliffs, and steep...) but it is 7.7 miles one way and the fastest people run it in under 2 hours. Including stops we did it in 8 and my TK is marathon fit and said he didn't want to move any faster than I was moving. We did stop and take pictures (he had camera and tripod), we stopped and cooked lunch too, filtered water, etc. Long and short of it we could go faster without packs, but it is a rated hike in a hiking guide for the area and is as challenging as they come.

NSV - one time on the way back down TK asked me to stop and rest a minute. That is a first! I am usually the rester and there is nothing wrong with it. It is just, TK is a beast. He loves endurance and pushing hard. His guy friends are coming for a weekend of biking and running and one guy marked it on his calendar as the suffer fest. So for me to out-endure even once is astonishing. :)

Thanks for the update. You are increadable! I have no doubt you are going to rock that marathon too.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    My clothes from the hike were so rank yesterday (5240 feet elevation gain, 16 miles, 25 lbs on my back) that I was embarrassed to walk into In N Out burger to feed my face after the hike...but, I was HUNGRY.

This!

It was 53,000 something.. 443 flights of stairs. Turns out it is a Strava segmet for trail runners. 19 people have run it (I don't understand because it is big steps up, slipery rocks, sheets of granite, pushing through crown of thorn bushes, next to cliffs, and steep...) but it is 7.7 miles one way and the fastest people run it in under 2 hours. Including stops we did it in 8 and my TK is marathon fit and said he didn't want to move any faster than I was moving. We did stop and take pictures (he had camera and tripod), we stopped and cooked lunch too, filtered water, etc. Long and short of it we could go faster without packs, but it is a rated hike in a hiking guide for the area and is as challenging as they come.

NSV - one time on the way back down TK asked me to stop and rest a minute. That is a first! I am usually the rester and there is nothing wrong with it. It is just, TK is a beast. He loves endurance and pushing hard. His guy friends are coming for a weekend of biking and running and one guy marked it on his calendar as the suffer fest. So for me to out-endure even once is astonishing. :)

That's awesome
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just hit page 1099 in my back reading and came across this:

Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I can't remember if I told @riderfangal to have a good time or not.

If I did I doubly mean it!!

And may your team kick some bluebomber butt!!

I just have to say: Excuse Me? (teasing teasing)

lol.

There are so many I wanted to quote and answer, but this one needs to be addressed. After all, you can't make Green without Blue and Gold. ;)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the very sweet words of encouragement.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think my diet and fitness life is putting a major strain on my relationship. I can't share my passion with my partner so it feels like I don't have much to bring to the table anymore.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I think my diet and fitness life is putting a major strain on my relationship. I can't share my passion with my partner so it feels like I don't have much to bring to the table anymore.

Why can't you share it? You have a lot to offer so I am sure you bring a lot to the table.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Why can't you share it? You have a lot to offer so I am sure you bring a lot to the table.

I agree. What specific part can't you share?
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a lovely day. I finally got to give Phoebe a bath without fear she would shiver to death. She looked so shiny and beautiful when I left the barn.

I ate nearly an entire bag of gourmet popcorn that someone left at the barn. Then went to dinner with a friend. No alcohol was consumed by me, but a slice of cheesecake sure was. I was definitely over calories yesterday!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a lovely day. I finally got to give Phoebe a bath without fear she would shiver to death. She looked so shiny and beautiful when I left the barn.

I ate nearly an entire bag of gourmet popcorn that someone left at the barn. Then went to dinner with a friend. No alcohol was consumed by me, but a slice of cheesecake sure was. I was definitely over calories yesterday!

Sounds like a great day.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Ditto, as usual Laura said what I would say.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Yummy!!!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

This!

Me, too! I've never had it!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Do you have different views on health and lifestyle or something? Please explain more if you are open to sharing! :smile:
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Look what arrived!ag1ne0hzjqwi.jpg

Wow, I'm so jealous. Really wish I had room in my flat for a treadmill - would probably have to give up the couch to fit it in though. Maybe then I'll actually start running instead of just thinking about it. I've entered a 5k for end of April, downloaded the C25K app and bought new trainers. Now all I have to do is actually get my backside out of the house and start!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited February 2016
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    Look what arrived!ag1ne0hzjqwi.jpg

Wow, I'm so jealous. Really wish I had room in my flat for a treadmill - would probably have to give up the couch to fit it in though. Maybe then I'll actually start running instead of just thinking about it. I've entered a 5k for end of April, downloaded the C25K app and bought new trainers. Now all I have to do is actually get my backside out of the house and start!

I am signed up for one in April and one in May. I won't start training until March. I am a procrastinator by nature and I do these runs for charity, not the love of running.

ETA: It also helps motivate me that my employee health annual evaluation is in May and my insurance rate is tied to BMI. The two races usually take off about 5 pounds and keep me at the lowest rate.
  • CosmoTI
    CosmoTI Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    [quote="CosmoTI;35319379!

I am signed up for one in April and one in May. I won't start training until March. I am a procrastinator by nature and I do these runs for charity, not the love of running.

ETA: It also helps motivate me that my employee health annual evaluation is in May and my insurance rate is tied to BMI. The two races usually take off about 5 pounds and keep me at the lowest rate. [/quote]

Glad to know I'm not the only putting off training. I'm no lover of the running either but feel the need to try. I haven't done one of these races for years. I was signed up for a race for life 5k last year but conveniently fell off a climbing wall 4 days before and tore foot ligaments so ended up hobbling round the course on sticks instead!!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

This!

Wow this is so cool! I love it. :)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'm on my phone in NYC's Penn Station for you people.

In the original spirit of the thread, a confession:

I have majorly reduced my social media time (mainly the forums here and mobile Facebook), in exchange for small home projects and more gym/yoga time. It has been absolutely wonderful for my motivation (I can maintain a Crow arm balance now!), and I do not anticipate going back.

I so wish there was a like button!! Except I miss you on the forums but I understand where you're coming from. I haven't had Facebook in five years and I don't ever miss it!!