Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I ended up eating a bit more than usual last night (just about 150 cals-ish higher, so NBD) and had a 2 lb woosh this morning... what the whah?? IDK but I'll take it.

So now @tubbs I think we're almost identical in stats... I have 8 lb to go to goal, about 5 after that. I desperately need new work clothes because they're hanging in weird places and un-tailored work clothes bother me lol... I may hit up cheap clothes to get me through the next few months until my spree at goal lol...

And I may have found a dog from the local rescue group near me... He's 5 yrs old, housetrained/shots/neutered, Beagle and he seems adorable.
    I have a twin!!

Regarding the dog, make sure you (and your neighbours) can handle the howling before you take him. My best friend has a beagle and she's lovely but the howling when she's excited... :#

Yes, they are very...interesting dogs. I had a beagle for awhile, and he was a very sweet dog. He would howl when I left which didn't really work in an apartment building. He would run out the front door if he could get around you and he could climb chain link fences. I had no choice but to get rid of him for several reasons, but I always felt bad. Saki is probably in doggie heaven by now.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    For all the people sharing stories. I am very sorry, I don't really know what to say. It all sounds awful and I'm glad you were able to come out of it stronger.
    Agreed. You're amazingly strong and I truly admire you for that.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I ended up eating a bit more than usual last night (just about 150 cals-ish higher, so NBD) and had a 2 lb woosh this morning... what the whah?? IDK but I'll take it.

So now @tubbs I think we're almost identical in stats... I have 8 lb to go to goal, about 5 after that. I desperately need new work clothes because they're hanging in weird places and un-tailored work clothes bother me lol... I may hit up cheap clothes to get me through the next few months until my spree at goal lol...

And I may have found a dog from the local rescue group near me... He's 5 yrs old, housetrained/shots/neutered, Beagle and he seems adorable.
    I have a twin!!

Regarding the dog, make sure you (and your neighbours) can handle the howling before you take him. My best friend has a beagle and she's lovely but the howling when she's excited... :#

Huh. I didn't know that. We had a beagle for a few years growing up, and I never noticed howling. Of course, our dogs always lived outside in the barns (raised on a farm). I've had a ton of different dog breeds over the years.

I think this dog sounds like a great possibility! I would never get another puppy, a dog that's already housetrained is the only kind to get. Of course, I adopted an 11 year old this time around, so she's starting to have a problem holding it all day already...
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju yikes. Sorry your son's bike keeps walking away. That blows.
    Thanks

I keep saying tomorrow has to be a better day, right?? LOL

At this point I am not feeling so hopeful!

I really wanna eat a pint of Haagan Dazs grief bacon right now!!!
    That is hard for a kid. Did a police report get filed? Can he/you look on craigslist or equivalent for a cheaper short-term bike?

He might find HIS bike on Craigslist.....

That's what I was thinking...
    @xLoveLikeWinterx, let us know about the dog!!! Excited for you! :)
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    When my daughter was a toddler, Blues Clues was her favorite. The same show 5 days in a row. All summer long. (I was a teacher then and had summers off.)
    We had Blue's Clues too, but we had Kevin as a presenter. Did you know they had different presenters for different countries? Kevin was from Liverpool, so we'd always be like "Eh, alright, alright, calm down our Blue"
    They did this for Thomas the Tank Engine too - Ringo Starr was the original British voiceover.
    My daughter was a first generation Teletubby fan, and I suppose they re-voiced that too, since it was sold all over the world.

I did not know they had different presenters! We caught a little bit of Blues Clues and Teletubbies, but my kids were already almost too old for those. We had Sesame Street (of course) and Barney. I love you, you love me... AARGH!!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Ok, I give up!

Seriously, I GIVE UP!

I had an important appointment today that I thought was at 3pm, turns out it was at 2pm. I am not even sure how that happened because that is very unlike me.

Then, just now, my son texts me, to tell me that HIS NEW BIKE THAT HE JUST BOUGHT LAST FRIDAY JUST GOT STOLEN FROM HIS PLACE OF WORK. Are you kidding me?? Not only is that two bikes in seven days, but he just spent nearly $300 FIVE DAYS AGO, and it is gone! He is a 17 year old kid, that is a lot of money to him.....sadly, it is a lot of money to me too, so I am not even sure how much I can help him out.

And he needs a bike to get to work, it is not like he is riding it for fun. He literally uses it for transportation to and from work! Now, he is gonna have to walk the 35 minute walk again for who knows how long until he gets another bike.

I feel terrible for him, I am truly gutted.

Do you have homeowners insurance? They might cover it. When I bought my tri bike I called to insure it. They told me it was covered under homeowners.

Technically it is, but with the deductible he would not get much of anything.

Yes but if it happens a 3rd time it would be 100% covered this year right?

My homeowners deductible is per claim.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    Ok, I give up!

Seriously, I GIVE UP!

I had an important appointment today that I thought was at 3pm, turns out it was at 2pm. I am not even sure how that happened because that is very unlike me.

Then, just now, my son texts me, to tell me that HIS NEW BIKE THAT HE JUST BOUGHT LAST FRIDAY JUST GOT STOLEN FROM HIS PLACE OF WORK. Are you kidding me?? Not only is that two bikes in seven days, but he just spent nearly $300 FIVE DAYS AGO, and it is gone! He is a 17 year old kid, that is a lot of money to him.....sadly, it is a lot of money to me too, so I am not even sure how much I can help him out.

And he needs a bike to get to work, it is not like he is riding it for fun. He literally uses it for transportation to and from work! Now, he is gonna have to walk the 35 minute walk again for who knows how long until he gets another bike.

I feel terrible for him, I am truly gutted.

Do you have homeowners insurance? They might cover it. When I bought my tri bike I called to insure it. They told me it was covered under homeowners.

Technically it is, but with the deductible he would not get much of anything.

Yes but if it happens a 3rd time it would be 100% covered this year right?

My homeowners deductible is per claim.

Really? I think mine is annual but I guess I could be wrong there!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    When my daughter was a toddler, Blues Clues was her favorite. The same show 5 days in a row. All summer long. (I was a teacher then and had summers off.)
    We had Blue's Clues too, but we had Kevin as a presenter. Did you know they had different presenters for different countries? Kevin was from Liverpool, so we'd always be like "Eh, alright, alright, calm down our Blue"
    They did this for Thomas the Tank Engine too - Ringo Starr was the original British voiceover.
    My daughter was a first generation Teletubby fan, and I suppose they re-voiced that too, since it was sold all over the world.

I did not know they had different presenters! We caught a little bit of Blues Clues and Teletubbies, but my kids were already almost too old for those. We had Sesame Street (of course) and Barney. I love you, you love me... AARGH!!
    Barney was the ONE kids' show I really couldn't handle. Barney himself was pretty annoying, but the precocious, over-acting child presenters...

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to throw my hugs and heartfelt sympathies to those of you who have survived any type of sexual assault. You are all amazing and strong people.

• Oberon21
    Options

I have a twin!!

Huh. I didn't know that. We had a beagle for a few years growing up, and I never noticed howling. Of course, our dogs always lived outside in the barns (raised on a farm). I've had a ton of different dog breeds over the years.

I think this dog sounds like a great possibility! I would never get another puppy, a dog that's already housetrained is the only kind to get. Of course, I adopted an 11 year old this time around, so she's starting to have a problem holding it all day already...

Yay you for adopting a sr. dog!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Barney was the ONE kids' show I really couldn't handle. Barney himself was pretty annoying, but the precocious, over-acting child presenters...

Barney shpuld go the way of all other dinosaur..as in becoming extinct
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I'm on the way to Florida for vacation!! Check in with yall when I get back on Monday.
    Have fun! :)

@kelly_c_77 The rain down here has been pretty bad for a while too. Fortunately, it doesn't flood too bad in my area, even during that week the news was reporting about. It sucks that you can't walk with your son.

@Italian_Buju I remember someone in another thread saying Fitbit didn't sell XL in their country. That's such a silly thing for a company to do.

I confess that I am young enough to have enjoyed Blues Clues as a kid. :wink:
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I have a Garmin, I think I may be the special snowflake on here haha

No I have a MisFit because it works with swimming. I did have a fitbit but I couldn't get into the habit of charging it so it would die and then I wouldn't wear it for a week.
    Just a thought, if someone in England would like my fitbit one I'll be happy to send it free of charge. I would rather it be used than sit in my drawer forever.
    Thanks, and I am in Texas, so others here, we might need to do a meetup.

I live in southeast Texas, near Houston, but I am always up for a road trip!!!

Next time I am heading to visit my family in Southeast Texas, I'll let you know!

That will be great Ceci!!

Well, dang. I'm not in South Carolina or Texas.

Anybody near Nashville, TN?

No but I really want to do the country music marathon. Interested?
    Ooh that sounds good, what happens during that one?

Country music at every mile marker. Seriously want to do it? I am in! I signed up years ago then didn't go as I didn't want to travel by myself. I have since got over that and travel by myself to races all the time. I was just thinking the other day about signing up again. I haven't raced in TN!

Yeah I'd love to! And have a little holiday at the same time ;)

Might be up @girldownsouth 's alley also

Yep, country music might make the running part better! In fact, what would definitely get me round a marathon would be if you could get Dierks Bentley to run just in front of me! That'd be great...

Okay, guys, 4/30/16 is our date! I'll have to think about which country artist I would want to run behind. I love Eric Church, but he's taken. As is Toby Keith. Not sure about Chris Young. I love Gary Allen's voice but he isn't the most handsome man in the world... Hmmm. I'll have to think on it a bit. Start training!

Can an SC girl get in on this too?? I'd gladly run across the country if Brantley Gilbert or Jake Owen were in front of me! Country has some of the hottest singers...yummmm

Of course these singers are not going to be top country talent but maybe we can catch a concert and go to the grand Ole Oprey!

I've always wanted to go there! :D
  • Oberon21
    Options

No I have a MisFit because it works with swimming. I did have a fitbit but I couldn't get into the habit of charging it so it would die and then I wouldn't wear it for a week.
    Just a thought, if someone in England would like my fitbit one I'll be happy to send it free of charge. I would rather it be used than sit in my drawer forever.

Next time I am heading to visit my family in Southeast Texas, I'll let you know!

Country music at every mile marker. Seriously want to do it? I am in! I signed up years ago then didn't go as I didn't want to travel by myself. I have since got over that and travel by myself to races all the time. I was just thinking the other day about signing up again. I haven't raced in TN!

Yep, country music might make the running part better! In fact, what would definitely get me round a marathon would be if you could get Dierks Bentley to run just in front of me! That'd be great...

Okay, guys, 4/30/16 is our date! I'll have to think about which country artist I would want to run behind. I love Eric Church, but he's taken. As is Toby Keith. Not sure about Chris Young. I love Gary Allen's voice but he isn't the most handsome man in the world... Hmmm. I'll have to think on it a bit. Start training!

Can an SC girl get in on this too?? I'd gladly run across the country if Brantley Gilbert or Jake Owen were in front of me! Country has some of the hottest singers...yummmm

Of course these singers are not going to be top country talent but maybe we can catch a concert and go to the grand Ole Oprey!

There's also a headliner the night of the race, free concert for race participants. This year, it was Martina McBride.

Oooh I love Martina McBride

So, Rungirl, organgesmartie, girldownsouth, and reaelynnsmama

And me! We've got a party!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ((Hugs)) @Tubbs216

I haven't been running either, I think that's why I'm in such a funk. Tomorrow is July 1 and I'm in a weight loss challenge with some friends on Facebook. Tomorrow is the day I get back at it, with a clean colon I suppose...

Well I hear you lose a lot of weight with that....

LOL! My 1-day detox plan!

Our official first weigh-in for the challenge is supposed to be on 7/2, but I will be using my WI from BEFORE the colon cleanse.

Ohh if the start is 7/2 then you need to eat all the salty foods. Maximum short term weight gain!

No I am not competitive.

:lol: POF you crack me up, but that sounds like something I would do.

Oh yeah! I took my official starting weigh-in this morning. Up 4 lbs from earlier this week. Success!

Excellent job!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options

Confession: I will be 24 years old October 4th, and I still watch and love Blue's Clues! Only Steve, I don't want any of that Joe bs! :laugh:
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Happy Canada Day!
    I'm meant to be going camping with friends today, but the weather is a bit unsettled. We had a HUGE thunderstorm in the night. They have a nice new tent trailer which they will squeeze my son and I into if needed, but I'd rather not do that. I bought a new pop-up tent specially for the occasion but now I'm thinking maybe we'll go and have a nice day and evening with them, and then drive home.
    Despite having been an awesome Girl Guide leader when my daughter was younger, I hate tent camping with a passion!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Confession: I will be 24 years old October 4th, and I still watch and love Blue's Clues! Only Steve, I don't want any of that Joe bs! :laugh:
    Good tastes :wink:

• raelynnsmama52512
    Options

There's also a headliner the night of the race, free concert for race participants. This year, it was Martina McBride.

Oooh I love Martina McBride

So, Rungirl, organgesmartie, girldownsouth, and reaelynnsmama

And me! We've got a party!

Can someone pm me the details? I've never heard of the country music marathon! I'm so in though lol!

Yikes, that means I need to start running!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I just wanted to throw my hugs and heartfelt sympathies to those of you who have survived any type of sexual assault. You are all amazing and strong people.

Agreed and well put. Thank you.