Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    Its 10:30 (ish) am here and I already and sneaking into the chips that I "saved" for my hubby last night. My excuse is that I'm tired (sick kid) and I've already worked my butt off (bleaching the house).

But I really need to knock it off (otherwise I will hit my calorie goal by noon)

STOP!

Did that help? :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Wendy, I love that you kicked butt in welding class! And you SHOULD sign up for a 5k!!! DO IT!
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Its 10:30 (ish) am here and I already and sneaking into the chips that I "saved" for my hubby last night. My excuse is that I'm tired (sick kid) and I've already worked my butt off (bleaching the house).

But I really need to knock it off (otherwise I will hit my calorie goal by noon)

STOP!

Not quite. Running out of chips did help. I've now swapped over to eating celery and cheese whiz.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    We are coming up on our one year "confessions" anniversary, you guys. As in this Friday. Craziness! :heart:

<3.

I'll be celebrating by driving 500 miles to attend my daughter's spur of the moment wedding. :neutral:

YAYYY!!! I demand pictures!!

I'm sure there will be tons of pictures. Speaking of pictures, I probably should figure out what I'm going to wear, mother of the bride and all...

Have a safe trip and I know you will look great!!
    I am going to sign myself up for the Insane Inflatable 5K. It just looks too fun. I may or may not also sign up for the Gritty Goddess again. Still thinking about it.

What is an insane inflatable 5K?

A 5K obstacle course of bouncy houses for big people!!! They are all over the country. The one in my area comes up in late March.

Sounds fun
    peleroja wrote: »
    Just found this!

http://www.5kfoamfest.ca/the-run/obstacles/

Not quite the same but it also looks hilarious.
    that really looks fun I'll have to look this up in my location.
    I'm wearing a skirt and tights today and I'm considering not drinking anything so I don't have to bother with the bathroom. The tights are a PITA to take off.

Giggles. Pictures?
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today's confessions: I am hoarding Oreos in my nightstand because I don't want to share them with anyone else in my house. I also purposely buy stuff no one likes so I can have it all to myself. I do not feel bad about either of these things.

I do that with protein drinks and Monsters. I drink them seldom but want them available when I want one. My son caused me of hiding the good stuff. I explained that I am entitled to have 2 out of each case. I don't think that is unfair.
    Happy news... Chair gave minimal comments on prospectus and I can officially submit after revisions to my committee! @WestCoastJo82 that is an update for you!

I knew it. Nailed it the first time and it's almost done!
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Edited I used the wrong term.

MOTHER thread birthday is actually 1/31

Why did we all think it was today?! Well, I'll just be early because I most likely won't be on here Sunday.
    Great then I can get in on the celebration.
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    We are coming up on our one year "confessions" anniversary, you guys. As in this Friday. Craziness! :heart:

<3.

I'll be celebrating by driving 500 miles to attend my daughter's spur of the moment wedding. :neutral:

That's exciting! Only you don't look very excited...

Driving 500 miles is anything but exciting. (it was 515 from my driveway to Tamara's dorm at Mississippi State.)

Sorry, I was thinking about your daughter getting married. Yeah, driving that far would not be exciting at all
    I confess that I am not overly excited that daughter is getting married, but I am trying to be a supportive mother and not let her know that!

Some times that is the best a mo can do. That and hold your breath cross your fingers and hope that they have a wonderful life together.
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I have been reading this thread since the beginning and have enjoyed reading it. I've felt guilty not contributing. I usually don't comment much. I don't feel like anyone cares about what I have to say. :) Low self esteem sometimes.

I can relate to a lot of different things in this thread. That makes me feel better.

I'm glad to see other people like black jelly beans as much as I do.

I bought cookie butter because of this thread. It was pretty tasty!

I have to confess that I have about 8 lbs (that is not an exaggeration) of candy at my house. Thankfully I have been good about moderation so all the candy I buy or receive is piling up. I have been losing weight slowly but I do have candy every day.

The sad thing is, I've been using My Fitness Pal since around 2011-2012. I lost about 30 lbs and then gained about 10 back when I lost the job I had at that time (stress). If I had stayed serious about logging, I would have been at my goal weight by now. Oh well, at least I'm losing again.

Thanks for "listening."

Found it.

And funny thing is, someone had actually flagged this post. LOL
    March 23, 2015 8:23AM 1Flag Quote ·

I bet the flag was an accident.
    I've been known to eat sugar straight from the canister. or sprinkled on saltines. Been years since I've done that.
    Or, dip the spoon into the peanut butter, into the jelly, peanut butter and jelly with no bread. When I get a craving for sweet, nothing sweet is safe.
    Chocolate chip cookie dough sans chocolate chips (because I don't keep chocolate chips in the house) - Yep. Done it many times.

Also? It really irritates me when a friend posts on MFP about their huge "binge" and it only works out to 300-400 calories.

I think this was my first post on this thread... Feb 3, and on page 26. WOW!
    I read from the beginning.
    I like your post. It cracks me up that you checked up on their binges. I have only recently started peaking at open diary, just to get ideas.
    Oh sheesh um...
    I can't eat peanut butter because I have really crappy self control;

I hid the peanut butter from my teenage daughter because she will eat half the jar in one sitting. She is slender and healthy and fine but then she rants about how mad she is at herself for eating so much... I hide it under a bag of lettuce in the veggie drawer -- she didn't look there.

:wink:
    I think this was my first.

Your first post is so you. You are a good mom. Under the lettuce is a perfect place for it.
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    I feel the need to confess and this seems as good a place as any (particularly as if I told my super healthy work colleague he'd most definitely judge me - in fact it might be hard for anyone not to judge)

Last night I actually ate so much that I was sick! A definite new low for me and I'm disgusted in myself, particularly as I've been doing so well. Not sure what I'm most disgusted by - the fact I ate 'till I threw up ....or that my first thought afterwards was 'at least that's some calories gone!'

I hang my head in shame :(

On a more positive note- congratulations on making a year (very nearly)of this thread!

I have eaten till I have felt sick. I can even take food after that point if I am at a table of food and talking to someone. I have to clear the table infant of me of food. The good thing is you can fix this for your self. Confession I still have slip ups. It's ok.
    I eat and drink so much over the weekend I spoil all my hard work in the week
    :'(
    never ending cycle.
    Welcome I'm glad you joined us.
    Do you over deprive yourself during the week. Or perhaps you are a grazer like me when you are otherwise unoccupied.
    I hope this thread is still around in another year so those of us just finding it now can search up our first posts. :smiley:

Me too, I need it.
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    It is taking everything in me to hold myself together.. Next Friday will be the one year anniversary of my Mom's death. Somehow it still hasn't hit me as being real...like, I know she's gone, but something in me just will not accept it. I don't know how to move on. It doesn't help that 15 days after losing her, my 15 year old dog(my first "child") died. The past year has just been a giant roller coaster. I have never been an angry person and have never turned to food for comfort until all of this. I have thought so many times about going to speak to someone...but I just can't bring myself to do it.
    I have been lurking this thread from day one..keeping up every day... and I am overwhelmed by all the support you show each other and the friendships that have formed. I feel like I've gotten to know you all through all of your confessions/comments/advice/jokes...and I can relate to so many of you. I guess I felt I could let it all out here.

Sigh...

This was my first post. Page 639 on May 20th. Natalie and Kellie were the first "regulars" to respond to me! <3
    I had 100 pages to go through too!
    :'( I'm glad you posted. You have been a positive influence.
    I confess I'm a little nervous today, I'm starting a swimming routine to replace my gym routine and I'm afraid I'm going to go to the pool and stand out as the worst swimmer there, as I can't put my face in the water so I'm not very "professional" at the swimming thing.
    You will do fine. How many lanes does the gym have for swimming?
    I feel the need to confess and this seems as good a place as any (particularly as if I told my super healthy work colleague he'd most definitely judge me - in fact it might be hard for anyone not to judge)

Last night I actually ate so much that I was sick! A definite new low for me and I'm disgusted in myself, particularly as I've been doing so well. Not sure what I'm most disgusted by - the fact I ate 'till I threw up ....or that my first thought afterwards was 'at least that's some calories gone!'

I hang my head in shame :(

On a more positive note- congratulations on making a year (very nearly)of this thread!

No judgment, but please don't do it again. :-) Go find some Fresh Prince of BelAir on Netflix instead...it's still funny.

Not a bad idea - I love the Fresh Prince :) I'm gonna try my best not to let it happen again - too much pain both physically & mentally!

You folk are all so lovely with the non judgement stuff aren't you? It's rare to see on internet forums. No wonder you've managed to keep this going :)

On the positive side - made myself go home and do insanity on my lunch break. Feel like dying now but also pleased I did it instead of wallowing in failure.

Great victory. Wallowing never helps.
    Look what arrived!ag1ne0hzjqwi.jpg

NICE!
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Confession
    I don't know what got into me. I sort of (ok I actually) agreed to ride Cycle Oregon with my SO next year. "With" means he'll ride it at his pace and I'll ride it at my pace and we'll be together when not riding. "With" means if there is a harder route he'll take it and if there is an easier route I'll take it. I'm not quite sure how I agreed to this. I have not done a trip like this since I was 15 years old...

This is awesome!!! I live in the Pacific NW and have always wanted to do Cycle Oregon, but lacked the funds, the endurance, or the vacation time to give it a try.

I've been lurking this thread for awhile now and have enjoyed the support, kindness, and honesty on display here. :-)

Confession - This is my first post ever on this site. I'm somewhat antisocial - I don't really seek out lots of friends or acquaintances, preferring my few close friends/family to having lots of surface-type relationships with others. So my only friends on MFP are people I actually know IRL. That's not a very good confession. Hmmmm... I love ice cream to the point that if I buy it, I will eat it. All of it. Now.

I'm lucky to have a wonderfully supportive husband and family as I work to get fit again.

Lastly - My profile pic is about 9 years old. Being in shape again like that is where I'd like to be again. It is my inspiration for doing all the work it takes to get from where I am now to where I'd like to be.

Ha! My first post is from June 2015... see, I am SUCH a latecomer!

I love that it was in response to @nonoelmo AND that I'd forgotten she'll be in OR this summer for the cycling!! I'm gonna have to track you down, my friend, and meet up with you!!

Latecomer? I had not evan started MFP at that time. I am very glad you did not keep to yourself.
    raymax4 wrote: »
    A month ago I found this thread and commented on it then lost it. (I had not learned how to book mark yet.) Last week I found it again and decided to read what I have missed. I spent most of 4 days reading. I even forgot a boiling pot of water on the stove. (burnt the water). I have loved reading the threads that were pointed out and have laughed till my sides were sore. I thank all of you for being such an inspiration and enjoyment to me and I wish to join the thread.

A word about Blue Bell, they were pulled from the market 3 months before I started on the weight loss journey. It was a very sad moment for our family. We tried every other ice-cream on the market and gave up eating cream all together. I just commented to my husband that it was probably advantageous that I had a couple of months practicing logging my foods without Blue Bell calling. I was even able to go to an ice cream social without being tempted, I reminded myself it was not Blue Bell. Blue Bell has not reached the stores where I live yet. I will find a way to put it into my budget.

Try as I might I can't find anything earlier. I mis have been mistaken that I posted here a month earlier than this one on this thread.
    Yes Blue bell is back and I occasionally have a taste.

And I remember this one too!

I think you were the first to respond. Yes i eventually looked and this was the first one. I do remember spending two days reading post and laughing. At that time I needed the funny post and distraction very much. I could help but want to be a part of this.
    spamarie wrote: »
    I feel like this needs some kind of trumpet fanfare to announce it.

Thats huge!

Was this a recent Anne-Marie post? I didn't see her post? Did MFP eat it?

Silly story I was still on the page of my first confession. I had gotten up to do something for MIL and forgot where is was. Anne- Marie was posting that they had just finishing rewiring their house. After I posted it I realized what I had done. blushes and runs to hide under my bed.

Update, MIL fell last week, No breaks but is very sore and having difficulty standing or taking care of herself, so we are staying at her house to help her. I have indulged myself by pretending I was not awake yet. Hubby just came in to see if I was ok.
  • raymax4
    Options

Ah home Ec the bane of the coordination challenged. By the time I was in high school I signed up for welding class.
    The teacher had a long lecture on how some of us would not make it a day. He looked at me the entire time. It made me determined to stay. That was a long long long time ago. Back in the day when girls in welding classes were unheard of. At least where I lived. I was going to continue the second semester but the teacher who was a friend by this time came to me privately and told me that there were not enough spots left for a guy that needed the class to graduate and asked me it not continue so that he could take the class. I agreed to not sign up.

On first pass, i read this as signed up for wedding class, and some would not make it a day. I thought what an odd curriculum and how horrible to put a dampner on your day. Then i read it again.

Busting up laughing, that would be a horrible class for high school kids!
    A month ago I found this thread and commented on it then lost it. (I had not learned how to book mark yet.) Last week I found it again and decided to read what I have missed. I spent most of 4 days reading. I even forgot a boiling pot of water on the stove. (burnt the water). I have loved reading the threads that were pointed out and have laughed till my sides were sore. I thank all of you for being such an inspiration and enjoyment to me and I wish to join the thread.

A word about Blue Bell, they were pulled from the market 3 months before I started on the weight loss journey. It was a very sad moment for our family. We tried every other ice-cream on the market and gave up eating cream all together. I just commented to my husband that it was probably advantageous that I had a couple of months practicing logging my foods without Blue Bell calling. I was even able to go to an ice cream social without being tempted, I reminded myself it was not Blue Bell. Blue Bell has not reached the stores where I live yet. I will find a way to put it into my budget.

Try as I might I can't find anything earlier. I mis have been mistaken that I posted here a month earlier than this one on this thread.
    Yes Blue bell is back and I occasionally have a taste.

I have to stay away from the Butter Crunch that they put out recently. I ate about half of a half gallon by myself, but not all at once. That stuff is a Dairy Queen Butterfinger Blizzard in a half gallon tub!!! So good.

We have not gotten that here yet. I'll be looking for it. I think it would not las long at my house with hubby
    and sons dropping in to eat it.

• raymax4
    Options
    Wendy, I love that you kicked butt in welding class! And you SHOULD sign up for a 5k!!! DO IT!
    I'll look into it today. By the end of today I will have my 200 miles for the month. With a day to spare!

• Oberon21
    Options
    I'll look into it today. By the end of today I will have my 200 miles for the month. With a day to spare!

Good for you! Congratulations! YOU ROCK!
  • Oberon21
    Options

STOP!

Not quite. Running out of chips did help. I've now swapped over to eating celery and cheese whiz.

Well...celery good. Cheese whiz...not so much. :p
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    trjjoy wrote: »

My other confession is that occasionally I've had extra cals after midnight and logged them for the next day.

What's wrong with doing that? It IS a new day, after all.

Not a thing. I am always surprised when people feel like this is cheating. You ate it. You logged it. It's all good.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Ah home Ec the bane of the coordination challenged. By the time I was in high school I signed up for welding class.
    The teacher had a long lecture on how some of us would not make it a day. He looked at me the entire time. It made me determined to stay. That was a long long long time ago. Back in the day when girls in welding classes were unheard of. At least where I lived. I was going to continue the second semester but the teacher who was a friend by this time came to me privately and told me that there were not enough spots left for a guy that needed the class to graduate and asked me it not continue so that he could take the class. I agreed to not sign up.

On first pass, i read this as signed up for wedding class, and some would not make it a day. I thought what an odd curriculum and how horrible to put a dampner on your day. Then i read it again.

Nicci needs more caffeine. LOL!
    Just kidding, I didn't do it this time, but I misread posts often and am like, what???

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Confession: the adult Sunday School class I would be in if I didn't teach in the preschool is having a soup and dessert social in one hour. I have made GF brownies with peanut butter chips to take. Not only do I not want to get ready and go, but I also want to eat ALL the brownies for dinner.

Pinewood derby was fun, I am told. I am not good at judging if other people are having fun (autism problems) and I was in charge of the brackets so I couldn't talk to anybody.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: the adult Sunday School class I would be in if I didn't teach in the preschool is having a soup and dessert social in one hour. I have made GF brownies with peanut butter chips to take. Not only do I not want to get ready and go, but I also want to eat ALL the brownies for dinner.

Pinewood derby was fun, I am told. I am not good at judging if other people are having fun (autism problems) and I was in charge of the brackets so I couldn't talk to anybody.

Get ready and go... it will keep your mind off the brownies.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Just kidding, I didn't do it this time, but I misread posts often and am like, what???

I actually misread it the same as Nicci but since I was looking for it I think that is why...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

I went. It was fun. Half the brownies are.gone. Unfortunately there was a flourless chocolate cake and a chocolate fountain. .... There was also chili. Mel is stuffed.
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

STOP!

I was dipping my celery in it, so not too much. Then I had a sandwich, then a friend stopped by and gave me Lays Chocolate covered ruffles. (I am not happy with said friend.) There is 2.75 servings in a bag. It is 275 cals per serving. I ate the whole bag. I am so over even my maintenance calories. OOPS.

I am a weirdo who likes cheese whiz in all its processed day glo glory. :smiley:
  • Oberon21
    edited January 2016
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY THREAD!
  • Oberon21
    Options

I went. It was fun. Half the brownies are.gone. Unfortunately there was a flourless chocolate cake and a chocolate fountain. .... There was also chili. Mel is stuffed.

Sounds delicious.
  • Oberon21
    Options

STOP!

I was dipping my celery in it, so not too much. Then I had a sandwich, then a friend stopped by and gave me Lays Chocolate covered ruffles. (I am not happy with said friend.) There is 2.75 servings in a bag. It is 275 cals per serving. I ate the whole bag. I am so over even my maintenance calories. OOPS.

I am a weirdo who likes cheese whiz in all its processed day glo glory. :smiley:

Chocolate covered potato chips are amazing.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Lmao I do! Charlie has been getting me up way before dawn this weekend and I am not coping well
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday thread