Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    CosmoTI wrote: »
    I feel the need to confess and this seems as good a place as any (particularly as if I told my super healthy work colleague he'd most definitely judge me - in fact it might be hard for anyone not to judge)

Last night I actually ate so much that I was sick! A definite new low for me and I'm disgusted in myself, particularly as I've been doing so well. Not sure what I'm most disgusted by - the fact I ate 'till I threw up ....or that my first thought afterwards was 'at least that's some calories gone!'

I hang my head in shame :(

On a more positive note- congratulations on making a year (very nearly)of this thread!

No judgment, but please don't do it again. :-) Go find some Fresh Prince of BelAir on Netflix instead...it's still funny.
  • NatalieThomas90
    NatalieThomas90 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat and drink so much over the weekend I spoil all my hard work in the week
    :'(
    never ending cycle.
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I hope this thread is still around in another year so those of us just finding it now can search up our first posts. :smiley:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    It is taking everything in me to hold myself together.. Next Friday will be the one year anniversary of my Mom's death. Somehow it still hasn't hit me as being real...like, I know she's gone, but something in me just will not accept it. I don't know how to move on. It doesn't help that 15 days after losing her, my 15 year old dog(my first "child") died. The past year has just been a giant roller coaster. I have never been an angry person and have never turned to food for comfort until all of this. I have thought so many times about going to speak to someone...but I just can't bring myself to do it.
    I have been lurking this thread from day one..keeping up every day... and I am overwhelmed by all the support you show each other and the friendships that have formed. I feel like I've gotten to know you all through all of your confessions/comments/advice/jokes...and I can relate to so many of you. I guess I felt I could let it all out here.

Sigh...

This was my first post. Page 639 on May 20th. Natalie and Kellie were the first "regulars" to respond to me! <3
    I had 100 pages to go through too!
  • kelly_c_77
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Double post!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    It is taking everything in me to hold myself together.. Next Friday will be the one year anniversary of my Mom's death. Somehow it still hasn't hit me as being real...like, I know she's gone, but something in me just will not accept it. I don't know how to move on. It doesn't help that 15 days after losing her, my 15 year old dog(my first "child") died. The past year has just been a giant roller coaster. I have never been an angry person and have never turned to food for comfort until all of this. I have thought so many times about going to speak to someone...but I just can't bring myself to do it.
    I have been lurking this thread from day one..keeping up every day... and I am overwhelmed by all the support you show each other and the friendships that have formed. I feel like I've gotten to know you all through all of your confessions/comments/advice/jokes...and I can relate to so many of you. I guess I felt I could let it all out here.

Sigh...

This was my first post. Page 639 on May 20th. Natalie and Kellie were the first "regulars" to respond to me! <3

I remember that one too! ♡♡♡ Kelly. I think I responded about my dad...
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    I hope this thread is still around in another year so those of us just finding it now can search up our first posts. :smiley:

Yep! I hope so too.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I feel the need to confess and this seems as good a place as any (particularly as if I told my super healthy work colleague he'd most definitely judge me - in fact it might be hard for anyone not to judge)

Last night I actually ate so much that I was sick! A definite new low for me and I'm disgusted in myself, particularly as I've been doing so well. Not sure what I'm most disgusted by - the fact I ate 'till I threw up ....or that my first thought afterwards was 'at least that's some calories gone!'

On a more positive note- congratulations on making a year (very nearly)of this thread!

I've done that...and thought the same thing. Absolutely no judgment here!

There are quite a few I here who have done that. No judgement!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Sigh...

I remember this Kelly, love you! <3
  • Oberon21
    Options
    never ending cycle.

Yeah that can be a killer. Just try to get rid of one thing or moderate. You don't want to waste all your hard work.
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm a little nervous today, I'm starting a swimming routine to replace my gym routine and I'm afraid I'm going to go to the pool and stand out as the worst swimmer there, as I can't put my face in the water so I'm not very "professional" at the swimming thing.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Ate a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked- feeling super guilty since I didn't log it but was totally worth it

I believe this is my first post? March 22nd :) Going back and looking through the thread it's really amazing how many of us are still here! I do miss people like @BZAH10 and @Francl27

ETA- and I don't mean still on MFP as in still here since so many people log for years but I mean still on the same thread and still friends <3
  • kelly_c_77
    Options

It will be! We will never let it die!!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Thanks, POF and Burlz! <3 you ladies!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Found my first post...

The last meal I cooked was Saturday - breakfast. I ate out all weekend, and it shows on the scale. Not sure I even care. It was a good weekend!
    February 9, 2015 7:27AM
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    never ending cycle.

You've just named the problem. Step 2 is making a plan to fix it. What is one thing you change today, tomorrow and Sunday that will help keep the work going?
    A walk, a project, phoning a friend? What does it take to keep your mind off food. I cross stitch or read a real book when I get munchy. I don't want chip grease on my project or my pages.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I confess I'm a little nervous today, I'm starting a swimming routine to replace my gym routine and I'm afraid I'm going to go to the pool and stand out as the worst swimmer there, as I can't put my face in the water so I'm not very "professional" at the swimming thing.

The only way to get better is to practice. I hate swimming, but it's better than forced inactivity. @Italian_Buju is a swimmer. Got any tips, Nicole?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

It will be! We will never let it die!!

+1.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Found my first post...

The last meal I cooked was Saturday - breakfast. I ate out all weekend, and it shows on the scale. Not sure I even care. It was a good weekend!
    February 9, 2015 7:27AM

I remember reading that and thinking that's my life, not a confession. This year one of my goals is to eat out much less. So far, so good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I've done that...and thought the same thing. Absolutely no judgment here!

None here either!

I've never ate till I threw up, but I know there's been at least 3-4 that I've had to lay down after eating a ton of calories.

My sister refers to it as my food hangover.