Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    @bkhamill I cannot fathom how ANYONE could think that watching that was OK, or how that was in any way your fault. I am so sorry. And as others said, kudos to the younger brother. It was one thing to rip him off and beat him up but going in and telling your dad was amazing. That is a guy with character.
  • Oberon21
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    When my daughter was a toddler, Blues Clues was her favorite. The same show 5 days in a row. All summer long. (I was a teacher then and had summers off.)
    Confession: I will be 24 years old October 4th, and I still watch and love Blue's Clues! Only Steve, I don't want any of that Joe bs! :laugh:
    Good tastes :wink:

There was only one episode with Joe I liked/like, and only because it had Randy Travis voicing a character. (I'm a big Randy Travis fan, it's sad to see how things have gone for him lately :( )

I agree. I hope he can pull himself together again.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    All these are @Italian_Buju:
    I think I must have broken a mirror or something I am unaware of......I had a hellishly rough day.....so glad it is over....grief bacon will NOT win tonight!!
    Like seriously though, do I have a curse on me lately or something?? Every single thing that could have went wrong today did....

I’ve been asking myself the same question…It seems like everything has been getting worse this year since February. What happened?

I didn't check the thread on Saturday or Sunday and came back to 20+ pages this morning. I had a pretty good weekend with the family. It is a week before TOM, so I kept snacking on ALL the food, didn't log food yesterday, and gave up on Saturday. Today is a new day and I'll do better, so the pity party is cancelled and I'm moving on with my life.
    @Italian_Buju - Sorry things aren't going well with your SO. Can you talk to him about what's wrong or is it just too much stuff? Feel free to vent here. Hugs! And can't believe that guy left you at the club! Kudos to you for being honest with him!
    I talked until I am blue in the face.....it changes NOTHING!
    This is actually an annual fight we have that I am just refusing to move on from, because usually he just waits it out until the storm passes and the next year does nothing to make it better, and I am rather fed up.

OMG this sounds so familiar too. I’ve been having the same issues at the same two times during the year every year since 2009 (when his dad died). I talk but it really is like talking to a brick wall. I get nothing in return and no changes.

Ok, I give up!
    Seriously, I GIVE UP!

Oh no. This whole post was terrible. I feel so bad for you and your son. :( This kind of stuff is the stuff that makes me have no more faith in humanity.

<3
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @bkhamill I cannot fathom how ANYONE could think that watching that was OK, or how that was in any way your fault. I am so sorry. And as others said, kudos to the younger brother. It was one thing to rip him off and beat him up but going in and telling your dad was amazing. That is a guy with character.

Thanks, and yes, he was pretty good guy!
  • Oberon21
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Okay, it arrived. I admit I ordered the small thinking that was appropriate for women...its a tad bit tiny (only in 2nd hole) but thinking that is a good reminder to keep weight off! Losing weight in my wrists was definitely a plus. I love seeing my wrist bones. :)

When I got my HR, I thought the small was going to be too little too. Luckily I have small wrists, but I don't think I am going to lose much there.

Its a hair tighter than I would like, I have to have it on the last hole, but I am too lazy to send it back. I'll make it work!

Did too much editing again removing that picture!
  • Oberon21
    Okay, it arrived. I admit I ordered the small thinking that was appropriate for women...its a tad bit tiny (only in 2nd hole) but thinking that is a good reminder to keep weight off! Losing weight in my wrists was definitely a plus. I love seeing my wrist bones. :)

Charging now.

I believe that while you are exercising you are suppose to wear it half way up your forearm to get an accurate HR and calorie burn.

That is why I could not get one, the L fit my wrist, but would not fit my forearm.

You might be OK with a large @Italian_Buju, depending on where on your forearm you tested. The instructions say just two or three fingers above your wrist bone when you're working out (one finger above at other times), and it's supposed to be tighter during workouts, too. You don't want to hurt blood flow, but it is supposed to be tighter during exercise. I usually don't adjust the strap when I work out, I just shove it up higher and figure that will deal with the increased tightness that is supposed to happen.

this is what I plan to do...no way could i get this on my forearm!
  • Oberon21
    bkhamill wrote: »
    @pofoster21 yay for the fitbit. My email is posted in tne thread in tbe batcave if you want to add me.

Also the shoes from yesterday were fab!

I got a few people but added my email too at the end. If I missed you let me know. I didn't necessarily get everyone and may have added some not even in this thread! I stole Brenda's friend list. :)

I hope you did not take my hubby, he will be weirded out by that

David, Steven, Susan and Amber on my friends list are not on here.

Ok, i stayed away from the boys, but may have added the girls... but they haven't accepted. :)
  • Oberon21
    @pofoster21 yay for the fitbit. My email is posted in tne thread in tbe batcave if you want to add me.

Also the shoes from yesterday were fab!

I got a few people but added my email too at the end. If I missed you let me know. I didn't necessarily get everyone and may have added some not even in this thread! I stole Brenda's friend list. :)

I hope you did not take my hubby, he will be weirded out by that

i did accidentally get a guy named Kelly (i think its a guy, looks like a boy ghost)... he can delete me if that is him!
  • Oberon21
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, I failed at the grocery store...I'm way over goal already and haven't had dinner yet. Oh well, whatever.
    But anyway, after I ordered our half pound of cheese at the deli, my son politely asked the woman working, "Can I get 3 pounds of kittens, please"??? OMG, everyone in line busted out laughing, including me! Where does he come up with this stuff?

OMG that is SO sweet......or gruesome, depending on what he meant :p

That was my first reaction.... was he planning on eating kittens? :)
  • Italian_Buju
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    SnoopyDance_2.jpg
    (((HAPPY DANCE))) My home loan/assumption is approved as of today. Paperwork still ongoing but I'm approved all by my lonesome self all on my own to take over the loan that my ex and I took out. Now my little fixer-upper is allllll MINE! (soon). :smiley::smiley:B)

ETA: Snoopy dancing happy!

Good Stuff!
  • Italian_Buju
    So not sure if I should put this here or in the batcave - so maybe I'll do both since this page gets crazy fast - but here's my fitbit charging tip: Leave your charging cable in the bathroom! I have the ChargeHR, and just plug it in when I get in the shower. I've never run out of battery and you aren't supposed to wear it in the shower anyways.
    Thank you for listening to my Public Service Announce, now back to your regularly scheduled confessions.

Good tip. I hate the charger for the Fitbit Flex (I have to rubber band the piece into the charger or it won't charge). Did they improve it for the ChargeHR? I asked for one for my birthday but now I may have to buy it myself. I think this is a clever idea though!

I don't understand how it charges enough to last just during a shower? Also, doesn't that ruin the battery? I always wait until my Flex tells me it is low and then I charge it a few hours until it is full......
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,370 Member
    So Monday I went to the urgent care after my physical therapy and I have a tooth/gum infection. I'm on antibiotics and she also gave me some pain pills. I felt so terrible yesterday that I called in from work. My tonsils and lymph nodes were so swollen. I'm already feeling better thanks to the antibiotics. I didn't get home until 8:30 on Monday. It was a long exhausting day. I'm very afraid of doctors so you know it's serious if I actually go. At least I should be okay by my birthday (Saturday).

Things are still bad on the relationship front. I'm very frustrated. I'm finally at the point where I think we are going to end things which sucks.

I have a bunch of responses to posts coming up so I apologize in advance. I finally got caught up.

Glad you got some medical attention, that infection wasn't going to get better on its own!

And... about the relationship... FWIW, I think you're making the right decision. Based on what seems to be lackluster effort on his part, I'm not sure anything is salvageable. It takes a LOT of work to get past cheating.
  • Italian_Buju
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    RIP Nicholas Winton, who saved hundreds of children from the Nazi holocaust. He's just died aged 106, but this little clip is from a while ago. Sniff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_nFuJAF5F0&amp;feature=youtu.be

I could not get the clip to play, but that is really sad! R.I.P. Sir Hero!!
  • Oberon21
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    SnoopyDance_2.jpg
    (((HAPPY DANCE))) My home loan/assumption is approved as of today. Paperwork still ongoing but I'm approved all by my lonesome self all on my own to take over the loan that my ex and I took out. Now my little fixer-upper is allllll MINE! (soon). :smiley::smiley:B)

ETA: Snoopy dancing happy!

Excellent!
  • Oberon21
    So not sure if I should put this here or in the batcave - so maybe I'll do both since this page gets crazy fast - but here's my fitbit charging tip: Leave your charging cable in the bathroom! I have the ChargeHR, and just plug it in when I get in the shower. I've never run out of battery and you aren't supposed to wear it in the shower anyways.
    Thank you for listening to my Public Service Announce, now back to your regularly scheduled confessions.

Did yours come with a plug? I only got the USB piece?
  • Italian_Buju

Charging now.

I believe that while you are exercising you are suppose to wear it half way up your forearm to get an accurate HR and calorie burn.

That is why I could not get one, the L fit my wrist, but would not fit my forearm.

You might be OK with a large @Italian_Buju, depending on where on your forearm you tested. The instructions say just two or three fingers above your wrist bone when you're working out (one finger above at other times), and it's supposed to be tighter during workouts, too. You don't want to hurt blood flow, but it is supposed to be tighter during exercise. I usually don't adjust the strap when I work out, I just shove it up higher and figure that will deal with the increased tightness that is supposed to happen.

Um, maybe I should look into this again.....I really really wanted that HR, I saved up for a bit and was so excited and waited weeks and weeks for them to tell me I could not get one.....
  • Oberon21
    So Monday I went to the urgent care after my physical therapy and I have a tooth/gum infection. I'm on antibiotics and she also gave me some pain pills. I felt so terrible yesterday that I called in from work. My tonsils and lymph nodes were so swollen. I'm already feeling better thanks to the antibiotics. I didn't get home until 8:30 on Monday. It was a long exhausting day. I'm very afraid of doctors so you know it's serious if I actually go. At least I should be okay by my birthday (Saturday).

Things are still bad on the relationship front. I'm very frustrated. I'm finally at the point where I think we are going to end things which sucks.

I have a bunch of responses to posts coming up so I apologize in advance. I finally got caught up.

Sorry you not feeling well and I think ending things is the right move (so speaks the woman who has never met either of you so take that with a grain of salt). Feel better and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member

Did yours come with a plug? I only got the USB piece?

I just have the USB piece as well, but there are cheap outlet/usb port adapters just about everywhere.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited July 2015
    @nonoelmo Big big congratulations. That is really a big deal. Doing a happy dance with you!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Hi everyone. I haven't really responded to any posts today because I've been really depressed and spent my entire day in bed, only getting up to pray and then going right back. My app wouldn't let me access the forums either, so I couldn't even catch up until I dragged my sorry carcass out of that bed (with coaxing from the ever-supportive Mr. Susie, who bribed me with a trip to the supermarket. I *really* love the supermarket.)

Anyhow, my thoughts are with all who are going through bad times, and big YAY to those who are having great times, and a big "HAVE A SUPER GREAT TIME" to all who are going on vacation. Patricia, that Fitbit looks awesome! My husband considered all of your posts and asked me if I want him to really buy it now; after some thought, I told him not to, because the earning of the Fitbit by my birthday has given me some motivation and drive to "earn" it, and I don't want to lose that so soon, since I've been struggling SO MUCH lately. A few posts that stuck out in my mind today:

@kelly_c_77 Sorry that you couldn't resist the grocery store munchies. Tomorrow is another day, don't lose hope!
    @Italian_Buju You're really having a terrible run of luck. So sorry about the bike and everything else that's going on right now.
    @nonoelmo Too bad about the sword, and I hope you feel better soon; but a big YAY about the loan. :)
    @FroggyBug Glad to see you checking in, and it stinks that your relationship isn't working out. I hope you feel better by your birthday so you can celebrate. :) I agree that life seems to have gone downhill since February for a lot of people... Not a very good year for me, either. As for your question about soreness--my legs aren't sore at all. Weirdly, I never seem to get DOMS in my legs, ever, no matter what I've done to them. Walking, exercise bike, 30DS, five million stairs... They never seem to get any worse than just a little stiff. A blessing, I think.

To all who have spoken of assault, it horrifies me that it seems to be so common and so few speak of it. Glad that many of you have gotten the help you needed and didn't let it rule your lives. I admit that I'm still terrified to death of strange men due to my own experience, and I can't stand to let any male (except my husband) stand behind me, no matter how far away he's standing.

The transformation pictures were amazing. Great job to both of you who shared them, and AWESOME on the three years of logging, Ceci (can't remember your exact username. Oops.)

@Glinda1971 Super great job on your steps; you can totally hit the 25k mark. :)

... I know this post is super long, but to update everyone on my progress today: Despite being horribly depressed, after being dragged out of my bed I went grocery shopping, did some food prep, cleaned up the kitchen, and did my exercise. I came nowhere near my calorie goal, because eating felt like a chore today--I helped it out with a bit of ice cream, but I admit that the oatmeal I logged in there is totally a lie. That's just the next day's pre-fast meal. Didn't do any stairs today; but hey, I got out of bed, right?