Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Myles_104 wrote: »
    I confess I'm a little nervous today, I'm starting a swimming routine to replace my gym routine and I'm afraid I'm going to go to the pool and stand out as the worst swimmer there, as I can't put my face in the water so I'm not very "professional" at the swimming thing.

Oh, and don't worry about swimming. I felt the same way when I started back training for triathlon. Just put you head in the water and take it slow. You'll be fine.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I have way too many trigger foods to mention here. I don't have my diary public mostly because I don't want to publicly admit when I am over my counts. I cannot leave things like pizza, Nutella or donuts nearby without eating them. I could eat pizza everyday but I don't like veggie pizza. So will order thin crust to cut back on some of the calories.

My first post here- Feb. 2, 2015.....

you are the same anniversary as Susie!

Me three!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have way too many trigger foods to mention here. I don't have my diary public mostly because I don't want to publicly admit when I am over my counts. I cannot leave things like pizza, Nutella or donuts nearby without eating them. I could eat pizza everyday but I don't like veggie pizza. So will order thin crust to cut back on some of the calories.

Me three!

Three musketeers!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Look what arrived!ag1ne0hzjqwi.jpg
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Nice POF!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Nice treadmill!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Nice treadmill!!

its a cheapy to see if I actually use it. I only want it for walking... I don't want my living room to smell like a gym!
  • Myles_104
    Myles_104 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm a little nervous today, I'm starting a swimming routine to replace my gym routine and I'm afraid I'm going to go to the pool and stand out as the worst swimmer there, as I can't put my face in the water so I'm not very "professional" at the swimming thing.

OOOOH running and swimming.... how do you feel about triathlon? :wink:

Well, I just started swimming so... and I'm not allowed to run, the swimming to to replace the missing weight training and the running. but if I had a racing bike, I would be game.
    I hope this thread is still around in another year so those of us just finding it now can search up our first posts. :smiley:

It will be! We will never let it die!!

th?id=OIP.M2c6d602fec1661016023da47c9ff7305o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

YES!
    Awesome movie!
    Is it just me, or is that kid the same guy who played Samwise Gamgee in the Lord of the Rings?
    nonoelmo wrote: »

You are starting something new. It is ok to be less than perfect and to make mistakes. Good luck.

I didn't drown, so it was a win. And I really enjoyed myself. Definitely will be going back.
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options

I started regular swimming last March after a pause of ... 35 years? Something like that. I couldn't make a 25 yard lap without stopping.

Nobody cares what you look like. Everyone's there to do their workout. You'll get better with practice. Set small goals and you'll see improvement very quickly.

I recommend getting some coaching or joining a swim class if that's not on your radar. You'll have a lot more fun and get to your goals more quickly as your stroke improves. And yes, you'll have to get your face in the water :smile:
  • Myles_104
    Options
    nuffer wrote: »

I started regular swimming last March after a pause of ... 35 years? Something like that. I couldn't make a 25 yard lap without stopping.

Nobody cares what you look like. Everyone's there to do their workout. You'll get better with practice. Set small goals and you'll see improvement very quickly.

I recommend getting some coaching or joining a swim class if that's not on your radar. You'll have a lot more fun and get to your goals more quickly as your stroke improves. And yes, you'll have to get your face in the water :smile:

The only classes offered around here are for kids. I'm not looking to become a competitive swimmer, but who knows. :) I was at the pool today with a bunch of seniors, who were all better than me. I decided I didn't care what I looked like and just did it.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Confession
    I don't know what got into me. I sort of (ok I actually) agreed to ride Cycle Oregon with my SO next year. "With" means he'll ride it at his pace and I'll ride it at my pace and we'll be together when not riding. "With" means if there is a harder route he'll take it and if there is an easier route I'll take it. I'm not quite sure how I agreed to this. I have not done a trip like this since I was 15 years old...

This is awesome!!! I live in the Pacific NW and have always wanted to do Cycle Oregon, but lacked the funds, the endurance, or the vacation time to give it a try.

I've been lurking this thread for awhile now and have enjoyed the support, kindness, and honesty on display here. :-)

Confession - This is my first post ever on this site. I'm somewhat antisocial - I don't really seek out lots of friends or acquaintances, preferring my few close friends/family to having lots of surface-type relationships with others. So my only friends on MFP are people I actually know IRL. That's not a very good confession. Hmmmm... I love ice cream to the point that if I buy it, I will eat it. All of it. Now.

I'm lucky to have a wonderfully supportive husband and family as I work to get fit again.

Lastly - My profile pic is about 9 years old. Being in shape again like that is where I'd like to be again. It is my inspiration for doing all the work it takes to get from where I am now to where I'd like to be.

Ha! My first post is from June 2015... see, I am SUCH a latecomer!

I love that it was in response to @nonoelmo AND that I'd forgotten she'll be in OR this summer for the cycling!! I'm gonna have to track you down, my friend, and meet up with you!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: My shirt was so rank by the end of my workout that I could hardly stand to be around me. I pulled it out of the clean laundry, too. If some baking powder doesn't help, this is one UA workout shirt that is going in the trash!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options

I noticed from a list Crissy made of our first posts Susie was first then me!! I was surprised by that.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession
    I don't know what got into me. I sort of (ok I actually) agreed to ride Cycle Oregon with my SO next year. "With" means he'll ride it at his pace and I'll ride it at my pace and we'll be together when not riding. "With" means if there is a harder route he'll take it and if there is an easier route I'll take it. I'm not quite sure how I agreed to this. I have not done a trip like this since I was 15 years old...

This is awesome!!! I live in the Pacific NW and have always wanted to do Cycle Oregon, but lacked the funds, the endurance, or the vacation time to give it a try.

I've been lurking this thread for awhile now and have enjoyed the support, kindness, and honesty on display here. :-)

Confession - This is my first post ever on this site. I'm somewhat antisocial - I don't really seek out lots of friends or acquaintances, preferring my few close friends/family to having lots of surface-type relationships with others. So my only friends on MFP are people I actually know IRL. That's not a very good confession. Hmmmm... I love ice cream to the point that if I buy it, I will eat it. All of it. Now.

I'm lucky to have a wonderfully supportive husband and family as I work to get fit again.

Lastly - My profile pic is about 9 years old. Being in shape again like that is where I'd like to be again. It is my inspiration for doing all the work it takes to get from where I am now to where I'd like to be.

Ha! My first post is from June 2015... see, I am SUCH a latecomer!

I love that it was in response to @nonoelmo AND that I'd forgotten she'll be in OR this summer for the cycling!! I'm gonna have to track you down, my friend, and meet up with you!!

I remember this one too!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Well, I just started swimming so... and I'm not allowed to run, the swimming to to replace the missing weight training and the running. but if I had a racing bike, I would be game.
    I hope this thread is still around in another year so those of us just finding it now can search up our first posts. :smiley:

YES!
    Awesome movie!
    Is it just me, or is that kid the same guy who played Samwise Gamgee in the Lord of the Rings?

You are starting something new. It is ok to be less than perfect and to make mistakes. Good luck.

I didn't drown, so it was a win. And I really enjoyed myself. Definitely will be going back.

Cool! You can do pool running too.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: My shirt was so rank by the end of my workout that I could hardly stand to be around me. I pulled it out of the clean laundry, too. If some baking powder doesn't help, this is one UA workout shirt that is going in the trash!

I must say I smelled pretty bad after my treadmill workout too.
  • Myles_104
    Options

YES!
    Awesome movie!

Is pool running low impact? Seems like it would be because of the water.

I confess I ate all my kids movie night snacks because both of them became sick in the middle of the movie so didn't want their snacks.

And I hope they both get over it by morning because I don't want to be house bound tomorrow.

• Oberon21
    Options

YES!
    Awesome movie!

Is pool running low impact? Seems like it would be because of the water.

I confess I ate all my kids movie night snacks because both of them became sick in the middle of the movie so didn't want their snacks.

And I hope they both get over it by morning because I don't want to be house bound tomorrow.

Yes, it's no impact. Google it. It can really help you retain a level of running fitness when you are injured.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    A month ago I found this thread and commented on it then lost it. (I had not learned how to book mark yet.) Last week I found it again and decided to read what I have missed. I spent most of 4 days reading. I even forgot a boiling pot of water on the stove. (burnt the water). I have loved reading the threads that were pointed out and have laughed till my sides were sore. I thank all of you for being such an inspiration and enjoyment to me and I wish to join the thread.

A word about Blue Bell, they were pulled from the market 3 months before I started on the weight loss journey. It was a very sad moment for our family. We tried every other ice-cream on the market and gave up eating cream all together. I just commented to my husband that it was probably advantageous that I had a couple of months practicing logging my foods without Blue Bell calling. I was even able to go to an ice cream social without being tempted, I reminded myself it was not Blue Bell. Blue Bell has not reached the stores where I live yet. I will find a way to put it into my budget.

Try as I might I can't find anything earlier. I mis have been mistaken that I posted here a month earlier than this one on this thread.
    Yes Blue bell is back and I occasionally have a taste.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I feel like this needs some kind of trumpet fanfare to announce it.

Thats huge!