Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    So for those folks who could care less about my narcisstic (why is this saying its spelled wrong?) post about my trip to England ignore the below....

So Nicci and I are starting to frame this up...

Saturday I fly into London.
    Sunday run in Hyde Park, breakfast, site seeing
    Monday drive to Bath and stay in an amazing hotel (like 40% off this great hotel/spa with gorgeous grounds!)
    Tuesday drive to Stonehenge and then Devon, stay Wed in Devon and meet CHARLIE!
    Wed Devon
    Thursday back to London early so Nicci can rest/work and I can sight see
    Early drive to Scotland and settle into a little house by a Loch and get checked into our climb
    Saturday rest and be leisurely til night for climb up Ben Nevis
    CLIMB BEN NEVIS!
    Sunday rest or go hiking
    Monday drive to Edinburgh where Nicci will drop me off and head back to London. I will probably rent a car, stay in Edinburgh Monday and perhaps Tuesday
    Possibly go to Loch Ness (just to say I've been) and Isle of Skye but still figuring out my itinerary
    Then Wed/Thursday leisurely drive back to London (well its a long way maybe not so leisurely). Need to map this out and figure out hotel/town/drive or train this part... the driving in a strange country on the wrong side of the rode is part intimidation and part exhileration...especially as I'll be solo).
    Thursday in London sometime
    Friday my flight is at 6 pm so maybe some last minute sight seeing and then back to airport for 6 pm flight home.

This is going to be an amazing trip. THANK YOU NICCI for being so accommodating. In return, even if you are half dead, I am going to physically drag your protesting carcass up that mountain at night if you even THINK about not making it this time.... We are going to watch that sunrise from the top of that mountain!!!!!

I love all of this!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I should have stayed home today. I woke up freezing and feeling blah. Now I am freezing and feel like there's an ice pick n my right temple. I had Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate for breakfast in an effort to get warm. It worked for about 45 minutes, sort of. Ugh...3:30 can't get here soon enough.
    Oh please take care of yourself. When I am feeling sick and want a hot drink Traditionally medicals has a Gypsy cold care tea that is very tasty and makes me feel better. It helps a stuffy nose too.
    I have that. I swear by that for a cold. Usually peppermint tea knocks a headache right out for me. No luck today. I ended up leaving work at 10:30 because my vision was getting blurred in the right eye. I cam home went to sleep, felt better but it's blurring again as I try to read. This is a post-concussion headache from an almost 40 year old brain injury. I took a piece of broken curb to the temple and was comatose for a day and a half. ( bike wreck) a few weeks ago, I hit my head on a door frame because I leaned over to pick something up off the floor and had a back spasm. It hurt for most of a day and I have known ever since that this would come. I don't think I recall it ever starting with feeling so cold before. That's something I will have to watch out for and see if it's a fluke or a new sign of imminent pain. Off here to rest my eyes guys. Love you all for caring.

Take care of yourself! Head injuries are no joke! Check back in after you wake up so I know you are ok!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    74 and sunshine hubby and I are playing hooky to go somewhere nice out side to play. We never play hooky but just couldn't resist today. Spring is in the air!

NICE!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I should have stayed home today. I woke up freezing and feeling blah. Now I am freezing and feel like there's an ice pick n my right temple. I had Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate for breakfast in an effort to get warm. It worked for about 45 minutes, sort of. Ugh...3:30 can't get here soon enough.
    Oh please take care of yourself. When I am feeling sick and want a hot drink Traditionally medicals has a Gypsy cold care tea that is very tasty and makes me feel better. It helps a stuffy nose too.
    I have that. I swear by that for a cold. Usually peppermint tea knocks a headache right out for me. No luck today. I ended up leaving work at 10:30 because my vision was getting blurred in the right eye. I cam home went to sleep, felt better but it's blurring again as I try to read. This is a post-concussion headache from an almost 40 year old brain injury. I took a piece of broken curb to the temple and was comatose for a day and a half. ( bike wreck) a few weeks ago, I hit my head on a door frame because I leaned over to pick something up off the floor and had a back spasm. It hurt for most of a day and I have known ever since that this would come. I don't think I recall it ever starting with feeling so cold before. That's something I will have to watch out for and see if it's a fluke or a new sign of imminent pain. Off here to rest my eyes guys. Love you all for caring.

Take care of yourself! Head injuries are no joke! Check back in after you wake up so I know you are ok!

<3
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I tried 3 Starbucks gift cards at lunch today. None of them had any money on them. Boo.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I tried 3 Starbucks gift cards at lunch today. None of them had any money on them. Boo.

Bummer. I hope you tossed them.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I didn't go back to sleep this afternoon, just stopped reading. I know it's no joke. I didn't go to PE or the playground my whole second grade year. I didn't play any sports or ride a bike again until I was 10. I was left handed the day I hit my head and right handed after, although I have learned to use my left hand again. I have known since I was seven that my life is terribly fragile. I never played competitive soccer again - no heading the ball. Head injuries are no joke, indeed.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Nina_Ekoko wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Its funny you say this because sometimes, i will have weak moments when i buy things i should not eat. so i put it in water, because if i just toss it, i will get it out and eat it. LOL.

-_-

I actually did that with cheesecake the other week :D.

I ate almost all of the cheesecake in one sitting & threw the rest in a plastic zip close bag in the trash. Awhile later I took it out of the trash & ate the rest haha.

So embarrassing to actually confess that one LOL!

You must have semi thought you would do that our you wouldn't have put it in a plastic bag. ;)

True haha.

Today I didn't exercise for Lent, but I am still counting it since I pushed carts at work for around 10-15 minutes.

I still haven't bought any processed snacks or had ice cream. It is getting harder now that the Easter candy is starting to appear, but I will stay strong & not buy any.

I have been doing good the last few days. I hope I can keep it up when I get home!

You would be proud of me today considering what I gave up for Lent!

The struggle was real.

I walked down our store's Easter Candy aisle & salivated over all of the Easter Candy (not literally of course). I picked up a package of the Mini Cadbury Eggs & sniffed their chocolate goodness. Thank God no one saw me do that or that would be quite embarrassing. I didn't buy a damn thing :). The Carrot Cake Hershey Kisses & M&M Sundae flavor looked good.

I then went to Giant & only bought 2 Pineapple Cottage Cheese & a frozen Evol meal I've wanted to try forever. No processed snack/junk foods were bought.

You should've seen me at the ice cream aisle. I probably stood their five minutes staring at all of the new flavors! I know where I am going after Lent is over. So many new brands & flavors.

Yay! Now...do me a favor don't undo everything the day after easter. Learn new good habits.

Yeah after Lent I am only buying one or two ice creams & then finishing them & then buying more. I am not going to hoard food/snacks like I did before since all the choices can be overwhelming when you're looking for a snack in the cupboard.

Yes but maybe buy 1 a week and make that treat day? Or 2 days a week?

Most of the ice creams/gelatos I buy are pints that are around (four servings per container).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So.... I forgot to take my Zinc this morning.

I think I might come down with a cold.

(and.... GO!)

I usually cannot remember if I took my Zinc or Multivitamin in the morning.

I swear I would forget my head if it wasn't connected to my body.

That's why I have a "supplements" section in my food diary. Also, I always take my vitamins/supps before bed.

I usually put it in my first meal slot & then either forget to take it or can't remember if I did (usually I do take it).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Ugh! Are you feeling better now?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

Its funny you say this because sometimes, i will have weak moments when i buy things i should not eat. so i put it in water, because if i just toss it, i will get it out and eat it. LOL.

-_-

I ate almost all of the cheesecake in one sitting & threw the rest in a plastic zip close bag in the trash. Awhile later I took it out of the trash & ate the rest haha.

You must have semi thought you would do that our you wouldn't have put it in a plastic bag. ;)

True haha.

Today I didn't exercise for Lent, but I am still counting it since I pushed carts at work for around 10-15 minutes.

I still haven't bought any processed snacks or had ice cream. It is getting harder now that the Easter candy is starting to appear, but I will stay strong & not buy any.

I have been doing good the last few days. I hope I can keep it up when I get home!

The struggle was real.

I walked down our store's Easter Candy aisle & salivated over all of the Easter Candy (not literally of course). I picked up a package of the Mini Cadbury Eggs & sniffed their chocolate goodness. Thank God no one saw me do that or that would be quite embarrassing. I didn't buy a damn thing :). The Carrot Cake Hershey Kisses & M&M Sundae flavor looked good.

I then went to Giant & only bought 2 Pineapple Cottage Cheese & a frozen Evol meal I've wanted to try forever. No processed snack/junk foods were bought.

You should've seen me at the ice cream aisle. I probably stood their five minutes staring at all of the new flavors! I know where I am going after Lent is over. So many new brands & flavors.

Yea Kelly that took ALOT of will power. I don't know how you did it. I would have to avoid those isles because things just jump into my cart.

That's what usually happens to me! Those evil grocery fairies that follow you around the store & knock in the good treats.

I noticed I used the wrong there in my original post *smacks head*

The Pineapple Cottage Cheese was really good! I might have to go back & pick up a few more of those.

Tomorrow I am planning on using up some of my Cashew milk, Dole Frozen Cherries, & two tablespoons of Hershey's Cocoa Powder, & 8 grams of Xanthan Gum to make a smoothie.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited February 2016
    Options

(and.... GO!)

Same. I once spent about 5 minutes looking for a piece of paper that was in my hand.

I've done that with my glasses before & they were already on my face.

The other morning I almost put body wash in my hair.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning (naked)...but if I have a large BM in the am, I will strip and re-weigh to see if that caused a weight loss (or if it was offset by my fluid intake that morning).

Funny way that we are.

I've done that before!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Ugh! Are you feeling better now?

Some. Until I try to read then the eye pressure comes back. It's similar to the lack of fine motor control I still suffer from occasionally. Except it is right sided and the motor control problems are always on the left. It's disconcerting, but as I said, not unexpected. My neurologist tools me when I was 7 that I could die if I hit my head in the wrong spot and that any hard hit would cause issues. I have been fortunate that this is the first problem I have had really. I hit that door frame pretty hard, but on the left side of my head.
  • Oberon21
    Options

(and.... GO!)

Same. I once spent about 5 minutes looking for a piece of paper that was in my hand.

I've done that with my glasses before & they were already on my face.

The other morning I almost put body wash in my hair.

I have totally done that!
  • Oberon21
    Options

-_-

True haha.

The struggle was real.

Yea Kelly that took ALOT of will power. I don't know how you did it. I would have to avoid those isles because things just jump into my cart.

That's what usually happens to me! Those evil grocery fairies that follow you around the store & knock in the good treats.

The Pineapple Cottage Cheese was really good! I might have to go back & pick up a few more of those.

Tomorrow I am planning on using up some of my Cashew milk, Dole Frozen Cherries, & two tablespoons of Hershey's Cocoa Powder, & 8 grams of Xanthan Gum to make a smoothie.

That sounds good!
  • Oberon21
    Options

-_-

True haha.

The struggle was real.

Yay! Now...do me a favor don't undo everything the day after easter. Learn new good habits.

Yeah after Lent I am only buying one or two ice creams & then finishing them & then buying more. I am not going to hoard food/snacks like I did before since all the choices can be overwhelming when you're looking for a snack in the cupboard.

Yes but maybe buy 1 a week and make that treat day? Or 2 days a week?

Most of the ice creams/gelatos I buy are pints that are around (four servings per container).

Limit 1 per 2 weeks? Just trying to be helpful!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oh look 1776. I can't help matching these page landmarks to famous times in history.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

-_-

True haha.

The struggle was real.

Sounds good.
    I love frozen blueberries sprinkled with Stevia or sweet n low and then Cashew milk poured over them. Just stir it around a bit and the milk starts to freeze over the berries. I just eat it out of the bowl with a spoon. I use strawberries instead of blueberries sometimes too and add the cocoa.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

That sucks!

Do they ever lose their balance?