Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I caught up now
    Confession. I walked 2 miles to find a little cafe where they made these mini cheese cakes with black berries and a honey effusion. I thought about them the whole way. When I got there it was a bakery. They had some mini cheese cakes that looks similar to the ones I remembered. So I got one. I have never been so disappointed in cheese cake in my life. I logged it then went home had 2 oz bluebell ice-cream and 2 tablespoons of they really amazing peppermint dark chocolate fudge. At dinner I had a serving of Dutch chocolate ice cream. I woke up in the middle of the night and had a big cocktail grapefruit and had to log it as a plain grapefruit because MFP only has grapefruit cocktails. Then this morning I ate half of a mango. I am blitz creaking the sugar on my micros the last few days. What could this mean?

That you are human. I am on an "I don't care" kick lately. I really need to get over this.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I caught up now
    Confession. I walked 2 miles to find a little cafe where they made these mini cheese cakes with black berries and a honey effusion. I thought about them the whole way. When I got there it was a bakery. They had some mini cheese cakes that looks similar to the ones I remembered. So I got one. I have never been so disappointed in cheese cake in my life. I logged it then went home had 2 oz bluebell ice-cream and 2 tablespoons of they really amazing peppermint dark chocolate fudge. At dinner I had a serving of Dutch chocolate ice cream. I woke up in the middle of the night and had a big cocktail grapefruit and had to log it as a plain grapefruit because MFP only has grapefruit cocktails. Then this morning I ate half of a mango. I am blitz creaking the sugar on my micros the last few days. What could this mean?

That you are human. I am on an "I don't care" kick lately. I really need to get over this.

I'm impressed you switched from ice cream sugar to fruit sugar during a **** it streak! I agree, it's totally a human moment
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So.... I forgot to take my Zinc this morning.

I think I might come down with a cold.

(and.... GO!)

I usually cannot remember if I took my Zinc or Multivitamin in the morning.

I swear I would forget my head if it wasn't connected to my body.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Nina_Ekoko wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

I can't believe I shared that.

Its funny you say this because sometimes, i will have weak moments when i buy things i should not eat. so i put it in water, because if i just toss it, i will get it out and eat it. LOL.

-_-

I actually did that with cheesecake the other week :D.

I ate almost all of the cheesecake in one sitting & threw the rest in a plastic zip close bag in the trash. Awhile later I took it out of the trash & ate the rest haha.

So embarrassing to actually confess that one LOL!

You must have semi thought you would do that our you wouldn't have put it in a plastic bag. ;)

True haha.

Today I didn't exercise for Lent, but I am still counting it since I pushed carts at work for around 10-15 minutes.

I still haven't bought any processed snacks or had ice cream. It is getting harder now that the Easter candy is starting to appear, but I will stay strong & not buy any.

I have been doing good the last few days. I hope I can keep it up when I get home!

You would be proud of me today considering what I gave up for Lent!

The struggle was real.

I walked down our store's Easter Candy aisle & salivated over all of the Easter Candy (not literally of course). I picked up a package of the Mini Cadbury Eggs & sniffed their chocolate goodness. Thank God no one saw me do that or that would be quite embarrassing. I didn't buy a damn thing :). The Carrot Cake Hershey Kisses & M&M Sundae flavor looked good.

I then went to Giant & only bought 2 Pineapple Cottage Cheese & a frozen Evol meal I've wanted to try forever. No processed snack/junk foods were bought.

You should've seen me at the ice cream aisle. I probably stood their five minutes staring at all of the new flavors! I know where I am going after Lent is over. So many new brands & flavors.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I ate not only ramen but an entire *kitten* sleeve of rice cakes and I feel absolutely vile. Was kind of planning to purge but now that seems like a concession so I can't do it.

Do. Not. Purge. Go do whatever work you're avoiding, but do not purge. Pretty please.

Writing French now while listening to really loud t(h)rash metal :) I have my life under control (sort of)

Thrash metal makes homework so much more interesting :)
    BoogeyBrat wrote: »
    My confession is I'm lazy and not a very good cook so I mostly eat TV dinners and canned soup. It's easier for me to log the calories when the meal is prepackaged and I don't have to look up every ingredient.

I'm not that great of a cook either, but I am trying to get better since I got burned out on some of the frozen meals.

Tonight for dinner I am cooking a chicken breast & popping some frozen vegetables in the microwave.

I think the hardest part was trying to figure out the calories in pasta (weigh dry then figure out servings after it's cooked).

I didn't cook at all until grad school when I became too poor to afford frozen meals other than Banquet Meals (gag). Now that I have my big girl job I still cook since I like the extra $$ every month to spend on fun things

The only frozen meals I buy anymore are Evol, Amy's, Red's burritos, & Birdseye Protein Blends.

I sometimes look at the cost per item & then try to calculate it in my head to see how much it is per serving.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited February 2016
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    My last class ended at 10:30, and for the past two hours I have been doing absolutely nothing (okay, I was watching penny dreadful, which is terrible). And now I have only half an hour before lunch, so it's not *really* worth doing anything, riiight?
    I have very little motivation lately. I just want to sleep all the time. I will be productive the rest of today!

You sound like me. But with 1/2 an hour to go... I am not sure there is much you could do. You have classes today? Are you US based?

Yeah, I'm in the US. We have classes anyway :P oh well!

Bummer. I have to work too. :)

I'm also working. Hoping the ice comes and we leave early!

On my way to the airport. They haven't cancelled the 5:30 flight yet. I don't have a lot of hope. It's snowing like crazy.

Well, did they cancel your flight??

Yep after 2 hours on the runway. The runway lights in Norfolk were apparently down. They finally gave up. We deplaned. Them they didn't have enough manpower to get the bags of the flight. I went home and slept for a few hours then got up and drive down. Left at 4:30 this am. So I tried for 12 hours to get down here and finally drove.

It wasn't a bad drive although the last hour was heavy rain and with the fluctuating temp I was afraid it was going to get icy. It actually got almost humorous after a while especially after they lost my bag. Hoping it arrives today or I need to go shopping as I didn't pack another one.

Oh and excuse to go shopping isn't bad. The waiting would have made me batty.

Never had to shop! :(:)

You could've went to the outlets in Virginia.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've got my pajamas, warm blankets, tea, and I am going to write this paper I've been putting off. As suggested, I also stole some vegan chocolate cake to eat after 6 or so pages of arguing that suicide is morally permissible. :P
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I ate not only ramen but an entire *kitten* sleeve of rice cakes and I feel absolutely vile. Was kind of planning to purge but now that seems like a concession so I can't do it.

Do. Not. Purge. Go do whatever work you're avoiding, but do not purge. Pretty please.

Writing French now while listening to really loud t(h)rash metal :) I have my life under control (sort of)

Thrash metal makes homework so much more interesting :)
    It does! :)
    BoogeyBrat wrote: »
    My confession is I'm lazy and not a very good cook so I mostly eat TV dinners and canned soup. It's easier for me to log the calories when the meal is prepackaged and I don't have to look up every ingredient.

I'm not that great of a cook either, but I am trying to get better since I got burned out on some of the frozen meals.

Tonight for dinner I am cooking a chicken breast & popping some frozen vegetables in the microwave.

I think the hardest part was trying to figure out the calories in pasta (weigh dry then figure out servings after it's cooked).

I didn't cook at all until grad school when I became too poor to afford frozen meals other than Banquet Meals (gag). Now that I have my big girl job I still cook since I like the extra $$ every month to spend on fun things

Someday I will learn to cook for myself. Someday.... *stares off into the middle distance*
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    sigh...When I found that I couldn't eat peanut butter in moderation, and had to get it out of my apartment ASAP, I not only threw it away-I drowned the jar in water first so I wouldn't be tempted...

Its funny you say this because sometimes, i will have weak moments when i buy things i should not eat. so i put it in water, because if i just toss it, i will get it out and eat it. LOL.

-_-

I ate almost all of the cheesecake in one sitting & threw the rest in a plastic zip close bag in the trash. Awhile later I took it out of the trash & ate the rest haha.

You must have semi thought you would do that our you wouldn't have put it in a plastic bag. ;)

True haha.

Today I didn't exercise for Lent, but I am still counting it since I pushed carts at work for around 10-15 minutes.

I still haven't bought any processed snacks or had ice cream. It is getting harder now that the Easter candy is starting to appear, but I will stay strong & not buy any.

I have been doing good the last few days. I hope I can keep it up when I get home!

The struggle was real.

I walked down our store's Easter Candy aisle & salivated over all of the Easter Candy (not literally of course). I picked up a package of the Mini Cadbury Eggs & sniffed their chocolate goodness. Thank God no one saw me do that or that would be quite embarrassing. I didn't buy a damn thing :). The Carrot Cake Hershey Kisses & M&M Sundae flavor looked good.

I then went to Giant & only bought 2 Pineapple Cottage Cheese & a frozen Evol meal I've wanted to try forever. No processed snack/junk foods were bought.

You should've seen me at the ice cream aisle. I probably stood their five minutes staring at all of the new flavors! I know where I am going after Lent is over. So many new brands & flavors.

I feel your pain. I am tempted by my sacrifice multiple times daily.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here get or read or have easy access to Sunset magazine? I opened up the March 2016 issue.
    Page 19 - POW! There is a lovely shot of a Tucson resort and of the peak TK and I hiked. If you have access and look here is how to see where we were.

On the right side of the page is a tall saguaro (cactus). If you follow it up to the top and keep going you will see just slightly to the right the highest point on that side of the page. That is Cathedral Rocks and that is where TK and I turned around and came back down. We didn't go that last 800 feet to the top, but just to the right of the peak on the flat area is where we were! If you are looking at that page there is also a white diamond of text and some partially blocked by the white text diamond some palm trees - the highest pack to the right.

YAY!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've got my pajamas, warm blankets, tea, and I am going to write this paper I've been putting off. As suggested, I also stole some vegan chocolate cake to eat after 6 or so pages of arguing that suicide is morally permissible. :P

Sounds like I would need cake after that too.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    My last class ended at 10:30, and for the past two hours I have been doing absolutely nothing (okay, I was watching penny dreadful, which is terrible). And now I have only half an hour before lunch, so it's not *really* worth doing anything, riiight?
    I have very little motivation lately. I just want to sleep all the time. I will be productive the rest of today!

You sound like me. But with 1/2 an hour to go... I am not sure there is much you could do. You have classes today? Are you US based?

Yeah, I'm in the US. We have classes anyway :P oh well!

Bummer. I have to work too. :)

I'm also working. Hoping the ice comes and we leave early!

On my way to the airport. They haven't cancelled the 5:30 flight yet. I don't have a lot of hope. It's snowing like crazy.

Well, did they cancel your flight??

Yep after 2 hours on the runway. The runway lights in Norfolk were apparently down. They finally gave up. We deplaned. Them they didn't have enough manpower to get the bags of the flight. I went home and slept for a few hours then got up and drive down. Left at 4:30 this am. So I tried for 12 hours to get down here and finally drove.

It wasn't a bad drive although the last hour was heavy rain and with the fluctuating temp I was afraid it was going to get icy. It actually got almost humorous after a while especially after they lost my bag. Hoping it arrives today or I need to go shopping as I didn't pack another one.

Oh and excuse to go shopping isn't bad. The waiting would have made me batty.

Never had to shop! :(:)

You could've went to the outlets in Virginia.

Yep. Luckily I was saved from buying more stuff to stuff into my overstuffed closets.
  • Oberon21
    Options

-_-

True haha.

The struggle was real.

Yay! Now...do me a favor don't undo everything the day after easter. Learn new good habits.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Does anyone here get or read or have easy access to Sunset magazine? I opened up the March 2016 issue.
    Page 19 - POW! There is a lovely shot of a Tucson resort and of the peak TK and I hiked. If you have access and look here is how to see where we were.

On the right side of the page is a tall saguaro (cactus). If you follow it up to the top and keep going you will see just slightly to the right the highest point on that side of the page. That is Cathedral Rocks and that is where TK and I turned around and came back down. We didn't go that last 800 feet to the top, but just to the right of the peak on the flat area is where we were! If you are looking at that page there is also a white diamond of text and some partially blocked by the white text diamond some palm trees - the highest pack to the right.

YAY!!

Nice! I do not but I'll have to go look!
  • nonoelmo
    Options

YAY!!

I just sent it to your email.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

-_-

True haha.

The struggle was real.

I feel your pain. I am tempted by my sacrifice multiple times daily.

<3
  • Oberon21
    Options

YAY!!

I just sent it to your email.

Cool! I can't wait to see it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So for those folks who could care less about my narcisstic (why is this saying its spelled wrong?) post about my trip to England ignore the below....

So Nicci and I are starting to frame this up...

Saturday I fly into London.
    Sunday run in Hyde Park, breakfast, site seeing
    Monday drive to Bath and stay in an amazing hotel (like 40% off this great hotel/spa with gorgeous grounds!)
    Tuesday drive to Stonehenge and then Devon, stay Wed in Devon and meet CHARLIE!
    Wed Devon
    Thursday back to London early so Nicci can rest/work and I can sight see
    Early drive to Scotland and settle into a little house by a Loch and get checked into our climb
    Saturday rest and be leisurely til night for climb up Ben Nevis
    CLIMB BEN NEVIS!
    Sunday rest or go hiking
    Monday drive to Edinburgh where Nicci will drop me off and head back to London. I will probably rent a car, stay in Edinburgh Monday and perhaps Tuesday
    Possibly go to Loch Ness (just to say I've been) and Isle of Skye but still figuring out my itinerary
    Then Wed/Thursday leisurely drive back to London (well its a long way maybe not so leisurely). Need to map this out and figure out hotel/town/drive or train this part... the driving in a strange country on the wrong side of the rode is part intimidation and part exhileration...especially as I'll be solo).
    Thursday in London sometime
    Friday my flight is at 6 pm so maybe some last minute sight seeing and then back to airport for 6 pm flight home.

This is going to be an amazing trip. THANK YOU NICCI for being so accommodating. In return, even if you are half dead, I am going to physically drag your protesting carcass up that mountain at night if you even THINK about not making it this time.... We are going to watch that sunrise from the top of that mountain!!!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

-_-

True haha.

The struggle was real.

Yay! Now...do me a favor don't undo everything the day after easter. Learn new good habits.

Yeah after Lent I am only buying one or two ice creams & then finishing them & then buying more. I am not going to hoard food/snacks like I did before since all the choices can be overwhelming when you're looking for a snack in the cupboard.
  • Oberon21
    Options

-_-

True haha.

The struggle was real.

Yeah after Lent I am only buying one or two ice creams & then finishing them & then buying more. I am not going to hoard food/snacks like I did before since all the choices can be overwhelming when you're looking for a snack in the cupboard.

Yes but maybe buy 1 a week and make that treat day? Or 2 days a week?