Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Shelle33
    Shelle33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Confessions:

1) I kind of blame my boyfriend for my weight gain (I know that it's wrong, but I sometimes can't help it). I'm a vegetarian/pescetarian who eats very lightly. He's a carbitarian/carnivore who hates most vegetables. He loves his heavy food and beer. He doesn't really want to exercise or do outdoor activities, so our dates tend to be at restaurants or breweries. It's getting better now (I've lost ~8lbs in 5 weeks, am doing C25K, and he's very supportive of this), but it has definitely put a strain on our relationship in the past.

2) I hate the way my body looks in pants. My muffin top really is all that! I only wear dresses and only own one pair of pants (my dance pants). I'm hoping to branch out into skirts once I lose some more weight.

3) I recently played the lead/femme fatale in a play, my first sexy role in a long time. I pretended that it didn't bother me and laughed it off when the costume designer refused to take my measurements and estimated my size as a 20 (I was a 12-14 at the time), when they spent all their time costuming the only other woman in the play (she was onstage for all of 2 minutes, just her head peeking through the door, but she's thin), when the elderly photographer complained in front of me that he couldn't take a good picture of me because of my weight (totally not true. He was taking pictures of me from below/angled up), and when the stage manager, who is quite a bit heavier than me, ended up having to pin me into all of her clothes just so that I could be dressed in something for the play (they were all too big). I've been an actor my whole life, so I don't have a thin skin by any means, but I cried in private after every one of these incidents.

Thanks so much all for letting me vent. I'm usually a really positive person, but it helps to be able to write these things out and share them. I'm getting stronger every day and I know that I'll be able to look back on some of these things and laugh.

q94yschajjt0.gif
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I just crossed over from the over weight category to the healthy weight category!

Congratulations!!!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Shelle33 wrote: »
    Confessions:

1) I kind of blame my boyfriend for my weight gain (I know that it's wrong, but I sometimes can't help it). I'm a vegetarian/pescetarian who eats very lightly. He's a carbitarian/carnivore who hates most vegetables. He loves his heavy food and beer. He doesn't really want to exercise or do outdoor activities, so our dates tend to be at restaurants or breweries. It's getting better now (I've lost ~8lbs in 5 weeks, am doing C25K, and he's very supportive of this), but it has definitely put a strain on our relationship in the past.

2) I hate the way my body looks in pants. My muffin top really is all that! I only wear dresses and only own one pair of pants (my dance pants). I'm hoping to branch out into skirts once I lose some more weight.

3) I recently played the lead/femme fatale in a play, my first sexy role in a long time. I pretended that it didn't bother me and laughed it off when the costume designer refused to take my measurements and estimated my size as a 20 (I was a 12-14 at the time), when they spent all their time costuming the only other woman in the play (she was onstage for all of 2 minutes, just her head peeking through the door, but she's thin), when the elderly photographer complained in front of me that he couldn't take a good picture of me because of my weight (totally not true. He was taking pictures of me from below/angled up), and when the stage manager, who is quite a bit heavier than me, ended up having to pin me into all of her clothes just so that I could be dressed in something for the play (they were all too big). I've been an actor my whole life, so I don't have a thin skin by any means, but I cried in private after every one of these incidents.

Thanks so much all for letting me vent. I'm usually a really positive person, but it helps to be able to write these things out and share them. I'm getting stronger every day and I know that I'll be able to look back on some of these things and laugh.

q94yschajjt0.gif

Wow that is some serious weight stigma you've experienced! I would have cried too. I hope the costume designer got scolded for her laziness in proper sizing!

Congratulations on your fantastic loss and your work doing C25K!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Confessions:

q94yschajjt0.gif

This is a wonderfully supportive group. Share away. I would have cried too.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Confessions:

Starting out in a new routine often puts a strain on a relationship. It changes the norm and takes adjustment.

What I have found is the evan though Hubby and I have very different styles of eating. ( I like spacing out my meals and try to lay off the fat and sugar. He generally eats once a day and tries to get calorie laden foods. He eats a lot of fatty foods.) Over the years we figured it out and were able to eat one meal together. When I started MFP I did it for me and hubby was supportive of my activities. As time went on he started getting upset if I went on a walk without asking him to come with me. We both became much more active. Funny thing is now I tend to eat 2 meals a day instead of three, and hubby is tending toward two also. Going out I can always find something that can fit into my macros anywhere we go and when we have dinners at home we make both heavy foods and light. I at occasion eat small portions of the high fatty foods and supplement it with a lot of veggies, and he is beginning to eat more veggies too.

It is some times hard for me. I get so focused in what my plans are and what is want to be eating that I forget that I can some times adjust to accommodate hubby. This app still works evan when you accommodate for changes on plans. Accommodation came easier as for me as I got use to your new eating style, and learned how to modify some of my choices.

It sounds like the costume people and the photographer had their own motives and were not interested in what was best for the play. Otherwise they would have wanted to create the wardrobe that would be suiting the lead, And would have tried to have flattering pictures. Did you get a position that they wanted someone else to get?
    Any how they were being real jerks.

Good job on your journey with weight loss! Keep it up. Don't forget to have fun on the way.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Confessions:

My husband isn't much in to working out either and still eats what he wants. I have gotten used to checking the menu before we go out if we are eating out and picking items that are very low calories and sometimes I just eat off his plate and have a salad for myself. That keeps the meal cheaper as well. :) I could never eat a whole meal anyway and always had leftovers back when I was overweight so it works great.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I just crossed over from the over weight category to the healthy weight category!

That's SUPER GREAT!!!! Congratulations!

Confession: My sister is visiting me and we've been making and eating ALL THE THINGS. I did manage to eat to maintenance today, though!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Yay for your sister visiting, Susie!! How long is she there for? Good job on maintenance!
  • raymax4
    Options

Confession: My sister is visiting me and we've been making and eating ALL THE THINGS. I did manage to eat to maintenance today, though!

It is always good to celebrate with loved ones when they are available . Have fun!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    So, new weekly holiday.

Pork Frieday Rice!!

I moved a lot of weights this week.

The scale not so much.
  • raymax4
    Options
    My son makes REALLY good cheesecake.....that is all....
    I eat very good cheese cake!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Me, too!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    It's packing time for nashville!!

@rungirl1973 @Oberon21 want me to bring anything over?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Yay for your sister visiting, Susie!! How long is she there for? Good job on maintenance!

Two weeks!! :smiley:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confessions:

q94yschajjt0.gif

I am sorry they made.you cry. Some people don't even know they are.being jerks.
    You seem to be.getting a handle on the weight, which is good and I go to breweries without eating all the time. 1) my dad is an alcoholic so I never drink more.than one cider or glass of wine and never when I have to drive. 2) I have celiac and my experience is that breweries are hives of barley cross-contamination.

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I miss very good cheesecake. Fortunately, the only very good GF cheesecake I have found is 90 miles away.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    It's packing time for nashville!!

@rungirl1973 @Oberon21 want me to bring anything over?

Nothing I can think of! Just you!
  • Oberon21
    Options

Nice! Has she been using her fitbit?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confessions:

Starting out in a new routine often puts a strain on a relationship. It changes the norm and takes adjustment.

What I have found is the evan though Hubby and I have very different styles of eating. ( I like spacing out my meals and try to lay off the fat and sugar. He generally eats once a day and tries to get calorie laden foods. He eats a lot of fatty foods.) Over the years we figured it out and were able to eat one meal together. When I started MFP I did it for me and hubby was supportive of my activities. As time went on he started getting upset if I went on a walk without asking him to come with me. We both became much more active. Funny thing is now I tend to eat 2 meals a day instead of three, and hubby is tending toward two also. Going out I can always find something that can fit into my macros anywhere we go and when we have dinners at home we make both heavy foods and light. I at occasion eat small portions of the high fatty foods and supplement it with a lot of veggies, and he is beginning to eat more veggies too.

It is some times hard for me. I get so focused in what my plans are and what is want to be eating that I forget that I can some times adjust to accommodate hubby. This app still works evan when you accommodate for changes on plans. Accommodation came easier as for me as I got use to your new eating style, and learned how to modify some of my choices.

It sounds like the costume people and the photographer had their own motives and were not interested in what was best for the play. Otherwise they would have wanted to create the wardrobe that would be suiting the lead, And would have tried to have flattering pictures. Did you get a position that they wanted someone else to get?
    Any how they were being real jerks.

Good job on your journey with weight loss! Keep it up. Don't forget to have fun on the way.

Wendy, I love that your husband is both supportive and participating in your weight loss. That is so nice. And great for both of you.