Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I've had 3 weeks of weight loss and I'm not sure my marriage will survive this time.

Huh?
    Are you becoming grumpy? Are you getting over controlling with your regimens and driving spouse batty?
    Did you join the weight loss ventures with your wife and you are losing and she is not?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

These are all great questions. (and I may or may not have corrected a few of your spelling errors. But it was out of love, Raymax, I SWEAR! :hushed: )

It hasn't been easy with my husband these past 2 years when I started getting healthier, but now, he's totally on board and he's even my lifting partner now.

Best of luck to you!

Correct away.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Hi everyone ,
    In one word , Nutella.

And peanut butter sandwiches!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Day 24 of the strike.
    Day 20 of non-repeating jeans. That concludes my non-repeating jeans streak. Including my favorite missing jeans and the ones I put in the to be donated pile, I had/have 22 pairs. I think that isn't too much. Everyone needs 22 pairs of jeans. Or 20.
    Day 1 #noalcohol ... I gave in and drank champagne last night at dinner with a co-worker. It was fabulous. But $50 for 2 glasses of champagne... more than my meal! Ah, NY restaurants... you can't beat 'em.

Happy Saturday all.

Happy Saturday! A mother/daughter shopping marathon is on the agenda for me today. Looking for an awesome power suit for court, and a subtly sexy top for Bellator. And I apparently need some more jeans, to catch you @Oberon21, because I don't have 20! :D
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »
    I was born in the U.S.A. but lived most of my life in 'foreign' ( to you) countries. Does that count?

From the responses my guess is it would depend on your skin tone and if you have an accent :/
  • raymax4
    Options
    Day 24 of the strike.
    Day 20 of non-repeating jeans. That concludes my non-repeating jeans streak. Including my favorite missing jeans and the ones I put in the to be donated pile, I had/have 22 pairs. I think that isn't too much. Everyone needs 22 pairs of jeans. Or 20.
    Day 1 #noalcohol ... I gave in and drank champagne last night at dinner with a co-worker. It was fabulous. But $50 for 2 glasses of champagne... more than my meal! Ah, NY restaurants... you can't beat 'em.

Happy Saturday all.

So glad you found your jeans.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Day 24 of the strike.

Happy Saturday all.

Happy Saturday! A mother/daughter shopping marathon is on the agenda for me today. Looking for an awesome power suit for court, and a subtly sexy top for Bellator. And I apparently need some more jeans, to catch you @Oberon21, because I don't have 20! :D

Looking forward to seeing you on it!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Part 2:

Sunday we all got up and drove 3.5 hours to Dollywood. That turned out to be a lot of fun! I was expecting it to be a bit corny, but it really was and wasn't at the same time. Dolly Parton is really an amazing woman. We rode a water ride, got soaked and froze a good part of the afternoon, but then did several roller coasters that dried us out. We needed more time there, so now Nicci, Cherie, her Mom and I are all planning a second road trip next year with maybe 2 days (including spa) at Dollywood, a trip to Memphis, and maybe a few other places along the way. Maybe we'll start in Nashville with the marathon again next year. We have to work it out. I have Oman to visit next year too! Plus I registered for the London Marathon so we'll see if I get in there.

After Dollywood we went to a real American dinner in a real 1950's style diner. The British loved it! :) I made them try corn bread (a hit), Texas Toast (not a hit), a root beer float (not a hit), cherry pie (some thought hit/others miss). Then a looooong drive home. I was exhausted. Nicci kept talking to me to keep me awake. :)

Monday we went to a plantation in the AM before I had to leave. Belle Mead. That was interesting, but it was pouring down rain and Nicci and Cherie were a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see more of the grounds of a real plantation (most of this was sold off) and learn more about the not so proud past of slavery. We had invited Tammy to join us but she wasn't able to so we never hooked up again. Maybe next time...!

I flew back Monday afternoon and returned to the 12 hour days in the CO on Tuesday. Today is Day 22 of the strike, Day 18 of non-repeating jeans. I am also going to consider it day 19 as I put on a pair of jeans that were so huge I took them off and put them in the to be donated pile and put on another pair.

Yesterday was very sad for me. Porch Kitten, whom I have been close to catching (would wait for me/follow me/come with in a foot of me) was killed by a car yesterday morning. I found him/her immediately after when I left for the CO. He/she was already dead, but it must have just happened, as I had just fed him/her. I am devastated. I picked him/her up but he/she was clearly dead and so I moved him/her to the side of the road. I wasn't sure what to do with him/her. I came home last night and he/she was still there so I dug a hole next to my porch and buried him/her. I am still really upset and sad about this.

And lastly, I am up an inordinate amount of weight. So, my plan was to go sober again after Nashville (not that I have been drinking much) and now I need to get rid of like 10!!! lbs. I can't understand how I could have gained so much weight working non-stop moving all day at the CO but there you go... I am up 10 lbs since this strike started.

So today is day 1 of #noalcohol (I don't like to say 'sober' it implies I am drunk and since I am very rarely drunk, I'll stick with no alcohol...). I'll see if I can beat Tami's streak after she quits sometime this month, I think (and she is doing amazingly well).

I have so many pictures but having issues with my phone synching to my computer, so need to sort that out then can post.

Take care, all. Back to wiring (and disconnecting) phone service.

Patricia

I'm so jealous that you went to Dollywood. I freaking love Dolly Parton - she's a good businesswoman, by all accounts a kind person, a talented songwriter, tough, clever, and I love that she does her own thing with her own style - and I've always wanted to go! I think our next US road trip is going to include a Dollywood trip too :)

Hi! Maybe come join the road trip next year with us... 2 days in Dollywood, a trip to Memphis, a marathon in there somewhere...

In never go to concerts, but she is coming pretty close to me in June. I may go see her. I always loved her but after seeing all she is doing for her community and the town she grew up in I am twice as infatuated with her.

Dolly is a hero around here. And, even at 70, she can still sing like nobody's business. Sorry I missed you in Sevierville this time. I'll make a point of making it next time. :-)

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Mid winter I found that I could fit into my all time favorite shirt and skirt combo. I have been eagerly waiting for a fine summer day to wear it. Well today is the day. The shirt was slightly loose not bad.
    The skirt however looks like if I have an unfortunate wiggle of my hips will having it fall to the floor. I'm not sure if I am happy or sad.
    I need to find a good seamstress. There are to many cloths these days I really love and don't want to get rid of.

I had that too. I gave up and donated them. But a skirt is easy to fix! Be happy this is great news!
  • Oberon21
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Day 24 of the strike.

Happy Saturday all.

So glad you found your jeans.

I haven't. I assume they are in my closet somewhere. I have alot of stuff in my closet.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Day 24 of the strike.

Happy Saturday all.

Have fun!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited May 2016
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Part 2:

Sunday we all got up and drove 3.5 hours to Dollywood. That turned out to be a lot of fun! I was expecting it to be a bit corny, but it really was and wasn't at the same time. Dolly Parton is really an amazing woman. We rode a water ride, got soaked and froze a good part of the afternoon, but then did several roller coasters that dried us out. We needed more time there, so now Nicci, Cherie, her Mom and I are all planning a second road trip next year with maybe 2 days (including spa) at Dollywood, a trip to Memphis, and maybe a few other places along the way. Maybe we'll start in Nashville with the marathon again next year. We have to work it out. I have Oman to visit next year too! Plus I registered for the London Marathon so we'll see if I get in there.

After Dollywood we went to a real American dinner in a real 1950's style diner. The British loved it! :) I made them try corn bread (a hit), Texas Toast (not a hit), a root beer float (not a hit), cherry pie (some thought hit/others miss). Then a looooong drive home. I was exhausted. Nicci kept talking to me to keep me awake. :)

Monday we went to a plantation in the AM before I had to leave. Belle Mead. That was interesting, but it was pouring down rain and Nicci and Cherie were a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see more of the grounds of a real plantation (most of this was sold off) and learn more about the not so proud past of slavery. We had invited Tammy to join us but she wasn't able to so we never hooked up again. Maybe next time...!

I flew back Monday afternoon and returned to the 12 hour days in the CO on Tuesday. Today is Day 22 of the strike, Day 18 of non-repeating jeans. I am also going to consider it day 19 as I put on a pair of jeans that were so huge I took them off and put them in the to be donated pile and put on another pair.

Yesterday was very sad for me. Porch Kitten, whom I have been close to catching (would wait for me/follow me/come with in a foot of me) was killed by a car yesterday morning. I found him/her immediately after when I left for the CO. He/she was already dead, but it must have just happened, as I had just fed him/her. I am devastated. I picked him/her up but he/she was clearly dead and so I moved him/her to the side of the road. I wasn't sure what to do with him/her. I came home last night and he/she was still there so I dug a hole next to my porch and buried him/her. I am still really upset and sad about this.

And lastly, I am up an inordinate amount of weight. So, my plan was to go sober again after Nashville (not that I have been drinking much) and now I need to get rid of like 10!!! lbs. I can't understand how I could have gained so much weight working non-stop moving all day at the CO but there you go... I am up 10 lbs since this strike started.

So today is day 1 of #noalcohol (I don't like to say 'sober' it implies I am drunk and since I am very rarely drunk, I'll stick with no alcohol...). I'll see if I can beat Tami's streak after she quits sometime this month, I think (and she is doing amazingly well).

I have so many pictures but having issues with my phone synching to my computer, so need to sort that out then can post.

Take care, all. Back to wiring (and disconnecting) phone service.

Patricia

I'm so jealous that you went to Dollywood. I freaking love Dolly Parton - she's a good businesswoman, by all accounts a kind person, a talented songwriter, tough, clever, and I love that she does her own thing with her own style - and I've always wanted to go! I think our next US road trip is going to include a Dollywood trip too :)

Hi! Maybe come join the road trip next year with us... 2 days in Dollywood, a trip to Memphis, a marathon in there somewhere...

In never go to concerts, but she is coming pretty close to me in June. I may go see her. I always loved her but after seeing all she is doing for her community and the town she grew up in I am twice as infatuated with her.

Memphis will be about 6 hours from dollywood. Imagine a big confessions thread meet up at Dollywood, that would be awesome!

Dolly is an amazing person, brilliant business woman but everyone said what a nice person she is in real life.

There isn't a Dollywood marathon. But there is a smoky mountains marathon.... And there is the appalachian trail which I would love to hike some of

I'm down for the AT any day, Nicci. I'll bring the bear spray.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    The America's Cup was,getting ready to start when I took my walk today. It is fun to be in NY some days.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    We are going on. A 12 mile hike today
    Stopped at JR big burger for lunch.
    Hubbies burger
    s7c96u63h945.jpeg
    My chicken sandwich
    h60fy1il2m8e.jpeg
    After we figured out how to dislocate our jaws we found it to be among the best burgers we have had.
    Time to do some serious work burn off calories!

Whoa now those are some sandwiches!

th?id=OIP.Mbb8ab833a7aeb7141f8cb6df9448d915o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Hubbies burger

My chicken sandwich

OMG. A 200 mile hike wouldn't work off that burger. Or that chicken sandwich.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Hubbies burger

My chicken sandwich

No worries I don't think I'll be hungry for a week. 12 miles was cut to 6 miles due to trail detours where the trail was closed for some reason. We had a lovely swim to cool us off.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hubbies burger

My chicken sandwich

Depends on how much your backpack weighs. I got just over 400 calories for a 45 minute hike with mine today. It's right at 20 lbs without extra clothes.

I counted 9 downed trees in 1.5 miles.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Hubbies burger

My chicken sandwich

No worries I don't think I'll be hungry for a week. 12 miles was cut to 6 miles due to trail detours where the trail was closed for some reason. We had a lovely swim to cool us off.

Boo for closed trails. Yay for a swim.