Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Part 2:

Sunday we all got up and drove 3.5 hours to Dollywood. That turned out to be a lot of fun! I was expecting it to be a bit corny, but it really was and wasn't at the same time. Dolly Parton is really an amazing woman. We rode a water ride, got soaked and froze a good part of the afternoon, but then did several roller coasters that dried us out. We needed more time there, so now Nicci, Cherie, her Mom and I are all planning a second road trip next year with maybe 2 days (including spa) at Dollywood, a trip to Memphis, and maybe a few other places along the way. Maybe we'll start in Nashville with the marathon again next year. We have to work it out. I have Oman to visit next year too! Plus I registered for the London Marathon so we'll see if I get in there.

After Dollywood we went to a real American dinner in a real 1950's style diner. The British loved it! :) I made them try corn bread (a hit), Texas Toast (not a hit), a root beer float (not a hit), cherry pie (some thought hit/others miss). Then a looooong drive home. I was exhausted. Nicci kept talking to me to keep me awake. :)

Monday we went to a plantation in the AM before I had to leave. Belle Mead. That was interesting, but it was pouring down rain and Nicci and Cherie were a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see more of the grounds of a real plantation (most of this was sold off) and learn more about the not so proud past of slavery. We had invited Tammy to join us but she wasn't able to so we never hooked up again. Maybe next time...!

I flew back Monday afternoon and returned to the 12 hour days in the CO on Tuesday. Today is Day 22 of the strike, Day 18 of non-repeating jeans. I am also going to consider it day 19 as I put on a pair of jeans that were so huge I took them off and put them in the to be donated pile and put on another pair.

Yesterday was very sad for me. Porch Kitten, whom I have been close to catching (would wait for me/follow me/come with in a foot of me) was killed by a car yesterday morning. I found him/her immediately after when I left for the CO. He/she was already dead, but it must have just happened, as I had just fed him/her. I am devastated. I picked him/her up but he/she was clearly dead and so I moved him/her to the side of the road. I wasn't sure what to do with him/her. I came home last night and he/she was still there so I dug a hole next to my porch and buried him/her. I am still really upset and sad about this.

And lastly, I am up an inordinate amount of weight. So, my plan was to go sober again after Nashville (not that I have been drinking much) and now I need to get rid of like 10!!! lbs. I can't understand how I could have gained so much weight working non-stop moving all day at the CO but there you go... I am up 10 lbs since this strike started.

So today is day 1 of #noalcohol (I don't like to say 'sober' it implies I am drunk and since I am very rarely drunk, I'll stick with no alcohol...). I'll see if I can beat Tami's streak after she quits sometime this month, I think (and she is doing amazingly well).

I have so many pictures but having issues with my phone synching to my computer, so need to sort that out then can post.

Take care, all. Back to wiring (and disconnecting) phone service.

Patricia

Thanks for the update! Glad you all had a relatively good time with a few setbacks.

You definitely need to go to Graceland, & take a million pictures.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I decided to spend my lunch calories yesterday on Reese's cups. It was worth it.

My dinner tonight was Jalapeno popcorn.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I decided to spend my lunch calories yesterday on Reese's cups. It was worth it.

Love it!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I'm drinking a margarita. At work. At 4:15. On a Thursday.

What?!? Not fair! *pouting
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I just listened to an entire album while doing nothing instead of finishing the paper that's due tomorrow. Goddammit depression makes me useless. At least my calories today were okay, although my only exercise was walking between my room and classes >.>
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I just listened to an entire album while doing nothing instead of finishing the paper that's due tomorrow. Stupid depression makes me useless. At least my calories today were okay, although my only exercise was walking between my room and classes >.>

FTFY
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Day 2 #noalcohol
    Day 22 strike
    Day 19 non-repeating jeans

I think I end tomorrow on 20 worn pairs (1 donated). Still can't find my favorite jeans. :(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    jen_bush wrote: »
    I sometimes add fake calories to avoid being judged by my MFPs, because I don't eat enough when I'm stressed

Just tell then what you told us. I can't eat when I am stressed about family - like my husband's stress test, which got postponed the day of, meaning I get to not eat again NEXT Wednesday. I only stress eat when the thing stressing me isn't really important.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I just listened to an entire album while doing nothing instead of finishing the paper that's due tomorrow. Goddammit depression makes me useless. At least my calories today were okay, although my only exercise was walking between my room and classes >.>

Hugs...depression is as serious as heart disease. I hope you are getting the help you need.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I sometimes add fake calories to avoid being judged by my MFPs, because I don't eat enough when I'm stressed

Today was the first time my fitness pal would not let me close out my diary because of to little food, This is not a usual problem for me however both hubby and I were more tired than hungry last night. They can scold all they want.

Please don't make a habit of going under your calorie limit.
  • raymax4
    Options
    CatMarlett wrote: »
    Caramel popcorn... I sneak a couple of handfuls every other day -- so hard to break this one snack habit. I generally record more of something else in my food diary to make up the calories...
    Starbucks - java chip frap no whip no drizzle - I have those every couple of days and do the same thing. I'm sooo addicted to that. Another bad "food" habit to break.
    Don't beat yourself up. You are allowed these treats as long as they fit in your macros they will not hurt you. Just log what you eat as you eat it. If you log it before you eat it you may decide you really don't want it. It will help you break the habit it you desire to do so.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    CatMarlett wrote: »
    Caramel popcorn... I sneak a couple of handfuls every other day -- so hard to break this one snack habit. I generally record more of something else in my food diary to make up the calories...
    Starbucks - java chip frap no whip no drizzle - I have those every couple of days and do the same thing. I'm sooo addicted to that. Another bad "food" habit to break.
    Don't beat yourself up. You are allowed these treats as long as they fit in your macros they will not hurt you. Just log what you eat as you eat it. If you log it before you eat it you may decide you really don't want it. It will help you break the habit it you desire to do so.

Go find Smartfood sea salted caramel popcorn. It is 35 calories per cup and you won't feel guilty sneaking a couple handfuls, or even recording it in your diary. Can't help with the Starbucks though.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Been there, done that. On those days, I just don't close out my diary. :grimace:
  • raymax4
    Options
    Day 2 #noalcohol
    Day 22 strike
    Day 19 non-repeating jeans

I think I end tomorrow on 20 worn pairs (1 donated). Still can't find my favorite jeans. :(

Hoping that the strike days are ended today.
    You MUST find your favorite jeans. You must!
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I generally eat the same thing every single day to make it easier on myself because I stress out about what to eat and if it's balanced enough. Picking something new is like trying to add in an odd puzzle piece sometimes, ya know? I also log all my food for the day when I log my breakfast so that I'm not tempted to eat anything "bad" for me. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't.
    Another poster mentioned not logging weight on days unless it's a new low. I do that too. And I won't weigh until I've had a BM and a pee first thing in the morning because that stuff weighs too :# And if the scale is up and I've not been "bad" I blame in on water (or poo) weight.
  • raymax4
    Options

Admittedly, depression is soul-sucking and it can be incredibly difficult to turn it around. You are still succeeding. You completed a paper that was due. Good going.
    Are you getting enough sleep?
    Is there anything you do that you are proud of? Can you do that and get a little self positive reinforcement? Can you review your successes? Think about your friends and the good times you have had. Dream and think about fun goals for the future.
    Know that you have friends and we care.
  • raymax4
    Options

I want some! I want some NOW!!!!'
  • raymax4
    Options
    I've decided I was disappointed by the plantation because the house looked like a victorian Britain wealthy house, and nothing like the house in gone with the wind ;) but I guess I wanted to know more about slavery/civil war, it's not much taught here.

Mrs Smartie is very excited at the road trip plan.

The diner was pretty much hands down the best meal we had all trip, met all decor expectations of a diner and the food was delicious.

And while I might have decided that running was boring. I might be idly planning a training programme for more marathons...

You are HOOKED!

Also, there was a guy at the airport from Virginia Beach trying to persuade me to take up triathlons

Yes! We can do the Dubai Tri and Susie can come meet us!

Can we make it 2018?
    I've decided I was disappointed by the plantation because the house looked like a victorian Britain wealthy house, and nothing like the house in gone with the wind ;) but I guess I wanted to know more about slavery/civil war, it's not much taught here.

The diner was pretty much hands down the best meal we had all trip, met all decor expectations of a diner and the food was delicious.

And while I might have decided that running was boring. I might be idly planning a training programme for more marathons...

Oh boy I'm so glad!

We can run together :) Patricia and I were talking about memphis...

But Mrs Smartie wants a holiday in Mexico next year, I picked this year's destination...is there one in Mexico?

You are HOOKED!

Also, there was a guy at the airport from Virginia Beach trying to persuade me to take up triathlons

Yes! We can do the Dubai Tri and Susie can come meet us!

Can we make it 2018?

Oh boy I'm so glad!

We can run together :) Patricia and I were talking about memphis...

But Mrs Smartie wants a holiday in Mexico next year, I picked this year's destination...is there one in Mexico?

Yes we can
  • raymax4
    Options
    So much awesomeness, POF! Sorry about PK. :'(

Today is day 160 #soberdays - just for reference. ;)

Cool. Now you just have to start drinking again so I have something to catch up to!

May 20th will snap my streak.

What's happening on the 20th?
  • raymax4
    Options
    Part 2:

Sunday we all got up and drove 3.5 hours to Dollywood. That turned out to be a lot of fun! I was expecting it to be a bit corny, but it really was and wasn't at the same time. Dolly Parton is really an amazing woman. We rode a water ride, got soaked and froze a good part of the afternoon, but then did several roller coasters that dried us out. We needed more time there, so now Nicci, Cherie, her Mom and I are all planning a second road trip next year with maybe 2 days (including spa) at Dollywood, a trip to Memphis, and maybe a few other places along the way. Maybe we'll start in Nashville with the marathon again next year. We have to work it out. I have Oman to visit next year too! Plus I registered for the London Marathon so we'll see if I get in there.

After Dollywood we went to a real American dinner in a real 1950's style diner. The British loved it! :) I made them try corn bread (a hit), Texas Toast (not a hit), a root beer float (not a hit), cherry pie (some thought hit/others miss). Then a looooong drive home. I was exhausted. Nicci kept talking to me to keep me awake. :)

Monday we went to a plantation in the AM before I had to leave. Belle Mead. That was interesting, but it was pouring down rain and Nicci and Cherie were a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see more of the grounds of a real plantation (most of this was sold off) and learn more about the not so proud past of slavery. We had invited Tammy to join us but she wasn't able to so we never hooked up again. Maybe next time...!

I flew back Monday afternoon and returned to the 12 hour days in the CO on Tuesday. Today is Day 22 of the strike, Day 18 of non-repeating jeans. I am also going to consider it day 19 as I put on a pair of jeans that were so huge I took them off and put them in the to be donated pile and put on another pair.

Yesterday was very sad for me. Porch Kitten, whom I have been close to catching (would wait for me/follow me/come with in a foot of me) was killed by a car yesterday morning. I found him/her immediately after when I left for the CO. He/she was already dead, but it must have just happened, as I had just fed him/her. I am devastated. I picked him/her up but he/she was clearly dead and so I moved him/her to the side of the road. I wasn't sure what to do with him/her. I came home last night and he/she was still there so I dug a hole next to my porch and buried him/her. I am still really upset and sad about this.

And lastly, I am up an inordinate amount of weight. So, my plan was to go sober again after Nashville (not that I have been drinking much) and now I need to get rid of like 10!!! lbs. I can't understand how I could have gained so much weight working non-stop moving all day at the CO but there you go... I am up 10 lbs since this strike started.

So today is day 1 of #noalcohol (I don't like to say 'sober' it implies I am drunk and since I am very rarely drunk, I'll stick with no alcohol...). I'll see if I can beat Tami's streak after she quits sometime this month, I think (and she is doing amazingly well).

I have so many pictures but having issues with my phone synching to my computer, so need to sort that out then can post.

Take care, all. Back to wiring (and disconnecting) phone service.

Patricia

It sounds like a fun time. I wish I did not have to go home.