Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Every night for the past several nights I have been making protein ice cream rather than eating regular ice cream. With regular ice cream I could demolish a pint or 5-6 servings. Since I am trying to lose weight again I've found that my protein ice cream has been leaving me fuller, & it's fun to play around with the recipe.

Once I can moderate ice cream again I will definitely buy it again, but this is a filling replacement in the meantime.

My base usually is cherries or banana, low fat milk (one cup), been using a scoop of vanilla protein powder, & 6-9 grams of xanthan gum (this makes it thicker).

Some nights I'll add extra stuff in the blender like sugar free jello, white chocolate morsels, & last night I added Nabisco Cinnamon Sugar Thins.

Also if Halo Top (lower calorie protein ice cream) wasn't so expensive I would buy that brand more often, but $5.99 can get a bit pricey & it's not the quality of Gelato Fiasco to justify the price.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Confession: My eating has been out of control! I've been sneaking chocolate before dinner and not logging it. I am in pure IDGAF mode. My weight is creeping up, and I can't seem to make myself care. I still hit the gym hard, but I'm not going to out-exercise these extra calories. I'm not sure what to do to change this, and that makes me want to give up even more. It's an endless downward spiral! :(

Maybe you should get involved in a competition of some kind. You seem to thrive when you're competing with others besides yourself. Plus, you can't give up, you're my swolesister for life!!!

Also, can you tell my husband he can't out-exercise a bad diet?! That'd be great, thanks!

Also, I think bodybuilding.com has another challenge starting in about a month. (But I could do so much damage in a month...)

WELL, JUST STOP IT!!! There. Is that better?! :wink:

Maybe if I imagine @MoHousdon standing over my shoulder, tapping her toe, watching every bite that goes into my mouth...nah, I know how she eats! :D

ETA: Here's the plan for today (just for today, not gonna worry about anything beyond today). I have already logged all my food. I promise to @MoHousdon and @MelissaPhippsFeagins that I will stick to it. Call me on it tomorrow, k?

I will. I am in the same boat. I am up 7 lbs and can't seem to shake it. And I have an ironman in 6 weeks and haven't exercised in months. I am a mess.

Also I confess, I went to the Mets game last night with my boss and co-workers in our suite and had several glasses of wine. Sigh. Back to square 1. Day 1 #nomorealcohol

Uncomfortable social situations are my downfall.

Do I need to text you too?

well you would have to text me at just the right moment...

I keep scanning over this and somehow it reads as "Do I need to text you boo?" and I keep thinking "Hmm, that is not a slang phrase I would expect to hear from Melissa..."

:laugh:

:D
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Every night for the past several nights I have been making protein ice cream rather than eating regular ice cream. With regular ice cream I could demolish a pint or 5-6 servings. Since I am trying to lose weight again I've found that my protein ice cream has been leaving me fuller, & it's fun to play around with the recipe.

Once I can moderate ice cream again I will definitely buy it again, but this is a filling replacement in the meantime.

My base usually is cherries or banana, low fat milk (one cup), been using a scoop of vanilla protein powder, & 6-9 grams of xanthan gum (this makes it thicker).

Some nights I'll add extra stuff in the blender like sugar free jello, white chocolate morsels, & last night I added Nabisco Cinnamon Sugar Thins.

Also if Halo Top (lower calorie protein ice cream) wasn't so expensive I would buy that brand more often, but $5.99 can get a bit pricey & it's not the quality of Gelato Fiasco to justify the price.

This is interesting, I have never heard of 'protein ice cream' but it sound good!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So...what is our challenge, Quik?

Day 2 #nomorealcohol
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip. Think I need to look into that. I love ice cream and eat way too much of it.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Confession: My eating has been out of control! I've been sneaking chocolate before dinner and not logging it. I am in pure IDGAF mode. My weight is creeping up, and I can't seem to make myself care. I still hit the gym hard, but I'm not going to out-exercise these extra calories. I'm not sure what to do to change this, and that makes me want to give up even more. It's an endless downward spiral! :(

Maybe you should get involved in a competition of some kind. You seem to thrive when you're competing with others besides yourself. Plus, you can't give up, you're my swolesister for life!!!

Also, can you tell my husband he can't out-exercise a bad diet?! That'd be great, thanks!

Also, I think bodybuilding.com has another challenge starting in about a month. (But I could do so much damage in a month...)

Welll lets start our own challange then?!

Hmmm, how would we do this? *thinking cap goes on

I'd be in for a competition. ESPECIALLY if it means I have a chance of beating Quik AT ANYTHING!!!

Me too! Being in on the competition that is.

@MoHousdon @quiksylver296 Wanna start a group or something? Are we look for pounds lost? Inches lost? Stop stuffing our faces with food? #daysbingefree? Throwing ideas out there! Lol
  • Oberon21
    Options
    What about doing something like a 21 day fix challenge?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

What's that?! What makes you think I NEED to be fixed. :wink:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I would like a 21 day challenge to be within 100 of my calorie goal. I am often either 300-400 under or 300-400 or more over. At the end of the week, it's all the same for weight loss, but i feel really awful on the day after I don't eat enough and then really bloated the day after I eat over.
    Could we do something like that along with minutes of daily exercise so that POF trains for her runs?
  • Oberon21
    Options

I would like a 21 day challenge to be within 100 of my calorie goal. I am often either 300-400 under or 300-400 or more over. At the end of the week, it's all the same for weight loss, but i feel really awful on the day after I don't eat enough and then really bloated the day after I eat over.
    Could we do something like that along with minutes of daily exercise so that POF trains for her runs?

Well 21 day fix is an eating/exercise plan but we can make up our own!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Day 2 #nomorealcohol

I'm in for whatever. In training today, not able to post much.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Day 2 #nomorealcohol

I'm in for whatever. In training today, not able to post much.

Maybe the challenges could be individual, (alcohol, calorie count, whatever) but we track our individual streaks. Most days in a row wins?
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I'm in a for a challenge on not binge eating. I really need the support right now. Emotional eating sucks.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I'm in a for a challenge on not binge eating. I really need the support right now. Emotional eating sucks.

Where have you been?! I've missed you, Nicci!!! Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs from way across the pond. :heart:
  • orangesmartie
    Options

Where have you been?! I've missed you, Nicci!!! Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs from way across the pond. :heart:

Thanks x

Hiding mostly. There's been a lot going on here the last couple of weeks and I am struggling a lot. It's been a lot of loss and grief in the last 10 months and I struggle with interacting with people in daily life. The whole sorry mess feels never ending. I just start getting on my feet and something else happens. So I've been avoiding life, people, work, social stuff where possible. Even online. And of course I've been eating my head off all the while.

I don't promise to be back but I will poke my head in and a challenge is a good way to make me.

Apologies to everyone whose birthday I've missed in the last few months. I have no excuse really.

• Oberon21
    Options

Then maybe we follow Quik's suggestion. We each post our own 21 day goals?

Mine would be daily exercise and no alcohol.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Thanks x

Hiding mostly. There's been a lot going on here the last couple of weeks and I am struggling a lot. It's been a lot of loss and grief in the last 10 months and I struggle with interacting with people in daily life. The whole sorry mess feels never ending. I just start getting on my feet and something else happens. So I've been avoiding life, people, work, social stuff where possible. Even online. And of course I've been eating my head off all the while.

I don't promise to be back but I will poke my head in and a challenge is a good way to make me.

Apologies to everyone whose birthday I've missed in the last few months. I have no excuse really.

No problem, we know you love us! :)
  • orangesmartie
    Options

Thanks x

No problem, we know you love us! :)

I do! :*
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

How long do you freeze it for?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon - I love your new pic!