Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Every night for the past several nights I have been making protein ice cream rather than eating regular ice cream. With regular ice cream I could demolish a pint or 5-6 servings. Since I am trying to lose weight again I've found that my protein ice cream has been leaving me fuller, & it's fun to play around with the recipe.

Once I can moderate ice cream again I will definitely buy it again, but this is a filling replacement in the meantime.

My base usually is cherries or banana, low fat milk (one cup), been using a scoop of vanilla protein powder, & 6-9 grams of xanthan gum (this makes it thicker).

Some nights I'll add extra stuff in the blender like sugar free jello, white chocolate morsels, & last night I added Nabisco Cinnamon Sugar Thins.

Also if Halo Top (lower calorie protein ice cream) wasn't so expensive I would buy that brand more often, but $5.99 can get a bit pricey & it's not the quality of Gelato Fiasco to justify the price.

How long do you freeze it for?

The only item I freeze in my ice cream are the bananas. I had the bananas in the freezer for a few months (mostly forgot the bananas were in there) & thought that they would go great in the blender. I would imagine you could put the concoction in the freezer & let it harden more, but I am usually too impatient/hangry to wait.

Some of my batches turn into more of a protein fluff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTNHkqQOg7g (here's a video from a Youtuber that's also a member here)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon - I love your new pic!

Thanks!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Every night for the past several nights I have been making protein ice cream rather than eating regular ice cream. With regular ice cream I could demolish a pint or 5-6 servings. Since I am trying to lose weight again I've found that my protein ice cream has been leaving me fuller, & it's fun to play around with the recipe.

Once I can moderate ice cream again I will definitely buy it again, but this is a filling replacement in the meantime.

My base usually is cherries or banana, low fat milk (one cup), been using a scoop of vanilla protein powder, & 6-9 grams of xanthan gum (this makes it thicker).

Some nights I'll add extra stuff in the blender like sugar free jello, white chocolate morsels, & last night I added Nabisco Cinnamon Sugar Thins.

Also if Halo Top (lower calorie protein ice cream) wasn't so expensive I would buy that brand more often, but $5.99 can get a bit pricey & it's not the quality of Gelato Fiasco to justify the price.

The only item I freeze in my ice cream are the bananas. I had the bananas in the freezer for a few months (mostly forgot the bananas were in there) & thought that they would go great in the blender. I would imagine you could put the concoction in the freezer & let it harden more, but I am usually too impatient/hangry to wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTNHkqQOg7g (here's a video from a Youtuber that's also a member here)

I might try banana with my chocolate peanut butter protein and extra pb.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

I might try banana with my chocolate peanut butter protein and extra pb.

Mmmmm that sounds goooood.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,440 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I'm in a for a challenge on not binge eating. I really need the support right now. Emotional eating sucks.

Then maybe we follow Quik's suggestion. We each post our own 21 day goals?

Mine would be daily exercise and no alcohol.

Mine would be Log Everything and No Alcohol
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I'm in a for a challenge on not binge eating. I really need the support right now. Emotional eating sucks.

Where have you been?! I've missed you, Nicci!!! Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs from way across the pond. :heart:

Thanks x

Hiding mostly. There's been a lot going on here the last couple of weeks and I am struggling a lot. It's been a lot of loss and grief in the last 10 months and I struggle with interacting with people in daily life. The whole sorry mess feels never ending. I just start getting on my feet and something else happens. So I've been avoiding life, people, work, social stuff where possible. Even online. And of course I've been eating my head off all the while.

I don't promise to be back but I will poke my head in and a challenge is a good way to make me.

Apologies to everyone whose birthday I've missed in the last few months. I have no excuse really.

I've been praying for you, @orangesmartie. You have experienced more than most people could handle. The fact that you're pushing through is a testament to your underlying strength!
  • MoHousdon
    Options

I think mine would be to honestly log everything, get up to my alarm, and get something, ANYTHING, done around my house every day. I'm a lazy slug when I get home from work, and the snooze button was invented solely for me.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Where have you been?! I've missed you, Nicci!!! Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs from way across the pond. :heart:

Thanks x

Hiding mostly. There's been a lot going on here the last couple of weeks and I am struggling a lot. It's been a lot of loss and grief in the last 10 months and I struggle with interacting with people in daily life. The whole sorry mess feels never ending. I just start getting on my feet and something else happens. So I've been avoiding life, people, work, social stuff where possible. Even online. And of course I've been eating my head off all the while.

I don't promise to be back but I will poke my head in and a challenge is a good way to make me.

Apologies to everyone whose birthday I've missed in the last few months. I have no excuse really.

I've been praying for you, @orangesmartie. You have experienced more than most people could handle. The fact that you're pushing through is a testament to your underlying strength!

Totally agree. Well said.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I think mine would be to honestly log everything, get up to my alarm, and get something, ANYTHING, done around my house every day. I'm a lazy slug when I get home from work, and the snooze button was invented solely for me.

So are we doing this? Start tomorrow? Today?

Day 3 #notmorealcohol
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Can we start this on monday? Mine would be honestly log everything, I haven't been bad with binging (the vegetarian lifestyle has changed what binging is for me) lately but I do on a few days eat closer to maintenance but don't log it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Can we start this on monday? Mine would be honestly log everything, I haven't been bad with binging (the vegetarian lifestyle has changed what binging is for me) lately but I do on a few days eat closer to maintenance but don't log it.

Yeah, let's start it Monday! Do we want to do it here or create a group?
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Group!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

I say here. Public confessions are harder than private ones.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have committed to going on a 15 mile 2 day hike with my cousin Labor Day weekend. :grimace: I'm scared out of my mind! I'm a lifter, not a hiker!

You will do awesome. You do a treadmill just practice adding the incline, and get a good back pack.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Group!

I am good with group... the 'public' are you guys! :smiley:

But either way is fine.
  • Oberon21
    Options

Monday work.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @quiksylver296 have fun tonight!
  • raymax4
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Sometimes I get lost in religion. So many different people talking about their version of how to worship, or what is right or wrong, or all kinds of check boxes that need to be crossed before I am part of the religious crowd. It is funny to study and see, not one religious icon/leader had an established religion at the time of their lives. Buddha, Jesus, Socrates, Muhammad...the religion of these leaders came about through the interruption of man and how a select few wanted to worship or follow their leader. It is counter active to exactly what any of them had in their messages, which was to learn about yourself from within. To individually find how you are to worship, respect, or live to be a light in the world for others. It isn't about a canned lifestyle and facade of religion, but a personal journey and relationship with the world around and within.

I confess, I just hate being told that my questioning everything about what to believe, how to believe, and if I should believe mean that I am somehow wrong.

I dunno.

Why not question. Growth and education start with questions and the search for answers. Happy hunting.

This. Although, for the record, Judaism WAS an established religion and Jesus was a practicing Jew.

I was about to say that too but Evan though he was a practicing Jew the religious hierarchy did not like him and wished to put him in his place.
    I would say each individual needs to search for their own beliefs. It is ok to belong to a group and not always agree to everything that is told to you
  • raymax4
    Options

Thanks x

I am so sorry for missing supporting you on what ever challenges you have been facing. I have been missing you. You have certain ally have had way to many losses in your life. Wishing you well.
  • raymax4
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sunday event we started out on our trip to Colarado.
    Arrived monday and did a 6 mile flat hike on Royal Gorge rim. It was lovely. Tuesday we started up Mt Princeton. We enjoyed looking over the valley and the mountains beyond. Hubby and I sto
    Opens to watch chipmunks gathering food. We had a late start and realized that we probably would not reach the summit due to thunderstorms. We enjoyed our hike which was much the point. It was obvious that we were not yet acclimated to the altitude. It was beautiful.
    Wensday we decided to do a combo
    hike, Mt Democrat, Mt Cameron, Mt. Lincoln and Mt Bross. The trail head started at 12,000 foot elevation. It sported 7 miles and 3600 foot elevation gain. Evan though we had an early start, the storm came two hours earlier than normal. Since you never want to be caught above the tree line Ina storm we climbed down quickly. By the time we got down the skies were blue again. I really felt cheated but felt it was a good way to get use to the altitude so we decided to try agian. We skipped the hotel breakfast and ate oatmeal with Quest banana protein powder at 4 an saadand started hiking about 630 am.
    I finally felt acclimated!
    Mt Democrat was fun and beautiful. The lower areas were full if babbling brooks and flowers. When we got to the Ricky sections there were many pika gathering grasses for the winter and standing on rocks barking at eachother. It was quite a show. The summit was 14,148 elevation.
    To reach the top of Mt Cameron we had to climb down to the connection saddle then up to Mt Cameron and was suprised at how different the rocks were in just a few feet. Cameron was tough as the start of the trail was steep and we needed to rest at times. The top was a mound and was not that exciting at 14238 feet elevation. It did have stunning views of other moutians and was the way to the saddle to Mt Lincoln which was very intresting when steep rocks and a weathered look. We were very pleased to reach 14,286 feet elevation. The top of Mt Bross was closed due to land disputes. Evidently whoever inherited it closed the trail. The park service is trying to come to agreements that would allow climbers to reach the summit, the trail down was 50 lower than the summit so I'm counting it. As far as I am conserned the owner can have the entire Moutan. Best way I can describe it is there use to be a very large moutians abs miners decided to break every rock and leave it on the moutians, it is a pile of rocks that are ranging from 1/4 inch to 6 inches, the trail had a hard surface covered with the small rocks that acted like ball bearings. Decending from this took as long as it took to climb the first three.
    The trail was the same for the first 1,100 foot decent before it actually felt like a predictable trail. At about 0.5 miles left and 500 foot elevation left to the trail head my right foot hit a patch of loose gravel and as I slob my left foot hooked into a rock and twisted. My foot was now capable of some very unnatural positions. After hubby made sure that I had water and warm clothing he left to get sons to help. It occurred to me that anyone trying to help me was likely to get hurt too and I needed to get down off the mountain. So I looked to stabilize my ankle. I took my treating pole and stuck it in my boot then tied my long underwear around the pole and just below my knee and did a modified crab crawl down to the point where there was grass. It seemed like miles but it couldn't have been. I was then helped by many people after they heard of my predicament. One came with an actual splint many helped as human crutches. When I was exhausted they did a two man carry.
    The nearest hospital was actually close to our hotel so we dropped our sons and went to the hospital.
    I broke both my tibial and fibula heads and have to have surgery.