Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    On the brighter side I get to see a demonstration on how blessed I am to have the family I have.

We had eagerly planned the summits we were going to climb. On the list was Mt Elbert, Mt Massive, Mt Harvard and Mt Columbia, Mt Yale and Mt Princeton.
    We were going to see how much of this we could.

Today at breakfast I asked if we could just set up a camp below Mt Elbert and Mt Massive and let our sons climb them while we enjoy the scenery. Both told me that actually they were tired and would have wanted to go home soon even if I hadn't been hurt. I know this is not so.They were running up those mountains but they said it so nicely that I really felt I shouldn't push it. They also said we could try again next year.
    They packed the car in such a way that I have a soft bed and a way to elevate my leg which makes them cramped yet they assure they are fine. All of my men are treating me like the Queen of Sheba.
    I really don't understand how I got so lucky.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Sunday event we started out on our trip to Colarado.
    Arrived monday and did a 6 mile flat hike on Royal Gorge rim. It was lovely. Tuesday we started up Mt Princeton. We enjoyed looking over the valley and the mountains beyond. Hubby and I sto
    Opens to watch chipmunks gathering food. We had a late start and realized that we probably would not reach the summit due to thunderstorms. We enjoyed our hike which was much the point. It was obvious that we were not yet acclimated to the altitude. It was beautiful.
    Wensday we decided to do a combo
    hike, Mt Democrat, Mt Cameron, Mt. Lincoln and Mt Bross. The trail head started at 12,000 foot elevation. It sported 7 miles and 3600 foot elevation gain. Evan though we had an early start, the storm came two hours earlier than normal. Since you never want to be caught above the tree line Ina storm we climbed down quickly. By the time we got down the skies were blue again. I really felt cheated but felt it was a good way to get use to the altitude so we decided to try agian. We skipped the hotel breakfast and ate oatmeal with Quest banana protein powder at 4 an saadand started hiking about 630 am.
    I finally felt acclimated!
    Mt Democrat was fun and beautiful. The lower areas were full if babbling brooks and flowers. When we got to the Ricky sections there were many pika gathering grasses for the winter and standing on rocks barking at eachother. It was quite a show. The summit was 14,148 elevation.
    To reach the top of Mt Cameron we had to climb down to the connection saddle then up to Mt Cameron and was suprised at how different the rocks were in just a few feet. Cameron was tough as the start of the trail was steep and we needed to rest at times. The top was a mound and was not that exciting at 14238 feet elevation. It did have stunning views of other moutians and was the way to the saddle to Mt Lincoln which was very intresting when steep rocks and a weathered look. We were very pleased to reach 14,286 feet elevation. The top of Mt Bross was closed due to land disputes. Evidently whoever inherited it closed the trail. The park service is trying to come to agreements that would allow climbers to reach the summit, the trail down was 50 lower than the summit so I'm counting it. As far as I am conserned the owner can have the entire Moutan. Best way I can describe it is there use to be a very large moutians abs miners decided to break every rock and leave it on the moutians, it is a pile of rocks that are ranging from 1/4 inch to 6 inches, the trail had a hard surface covered with the small rocks that acted like ball bearings. Decending from this took as long as it took to climb the first three.
    The trail was the same for the first 1,100 foot decent before it actually felt like a predictable trail. At about 0.5 miles left and 500 foot elevation left to the trail head my right foot hit a patch of loose gravel and as I slob my left foot hooked into a rock and twisted. My foot was now capable of some very unnatural positions. After hubby made sure that I had water and warm clothing he left to get sons to help. It occurred to me that anyone trying to help me was likely to get hurt too and I needed to get down off the mountain. So I looked to stabilize my ankle. I took my treating pole and stuck it in my boot then tied my long underwear around the pole and just below my knee and did a modified crab crawl down to the point where there was grass. It seemed like miles but it couldn't have been. I was then helped by many people after they heard of my predicament. One came with an actual splint many helped as human crutches. When I was exhausted they did a two man carry.
    The nearest hospital was actually close to our hotel so we dropped our sons and went to the hospital.
    I broke both my tibial and fibula heads and have to have surgery.

Right up until the broken bones, it sounded like the perfect vacation. I am so sorry that you have to have surgery.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    On the brighter side I get to see a demonstration on how blessed I am to have the family I have.

We had eagerly planned the summits we were going to climb. On the list was Mt Elbert, Mt Massive, Mt Harvard and Mt Columbia, Mt Yale and Mt Princeton.
    We were going to see how much of this we could.

Today at breakfast I asked if we could just set up a camp below Mt Elbert and Mt Massive and let our sons climb them while we enjoy the scenery. Both told me that actually they were tired and would have wanted to go home soon even if I hadn't been hurt. I know this is not so.They were running up those mountains but they said it so nicely that I really felt I shouldn't push it. They also said we could try again next year.
    They packed the car in such a way that I have a soft bed and a way to elevate my leg which makes them cramped yet they assure they are fine. All of my men are treating me like the Queen of Sheba.
    I really don't understand how I got so lucky.
    I do. They have a great mom.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Wendy I am glad you are blessed with great sons and a wonderful husband but I feel awful about your leg. I am so sorry about that, but as usual you seem to be handling it well. Keep us updated on how you are faring.. <3
  • raymax4
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Wendy I am glad you are blessed with great sons and a wonderful husband but I feel awful about your leg. I am so sorry about that, but as usual you seem to be handling it well. Keep us updated on how you are faring.. <3

It seemed to hurt more than my other broken bones and I gave in and bought the narcotics that they prescribed for me. I've only taken two and have been ok with ibuprofen otherwise. I'm Sure it will settle soon.
    Crutch walking uses muscles that I haven't worked out I guess I'll have to start at square one with then but they will strengthen soon.
    I managed to get an appointment with Dr Parr on Monday. I'll know more about the situation then. I must find exercises to keep my upper leg muscles and gluts that don't involve my foot. I refuse to loose ground there.
    Mom doesn't know we are coming home so she will happily have her care taker take her to church. What a pair we will be when I get stronger!
    Thank you for your concern!
  • raymax4
    Options
    Sunday event we started out on our trip to Colarado.
    Arrived monday and did a 6 mile flat hike on Royal Gorge rim. It was lovely. Tuesday we started up Mt Princeton. We enjoyed looking over the valley and the mountains beyond. Hubby and I sto
    Opens to watch chipmunks gathering food. We had a late start and realized that we probably would not reach the summit due to thunderstorms. We enjoyed our hike which was much the point. It was obvious that we were not yet acclimated to the altitude. It was beautiful.
    Wensday we decided to do a combo
    hike, Mt Democrat, Mt Cameron, Mt. Lincoln and Mt Bross. The trail head started at 12,000 foot elevation. It sported 7 miles and 3600 foot elevation gain. Evan though we had an early start, the storm came two hours earlier than normal. Since you never want to be caught above the tree line Ina storm we climbed down quickly. By the time we got down the skies were blue again. I really felt cheated but felt it was a good way to get use to the altitude so we decided to try agian. We skipped the hotel breakfast and ate oatmeal with Quest banana protein powder at 4 an saadand started hiking about 630 am.
    I finally felt acclimated!
    Mt Democrat was fun and beautiful. The lower areas were full if babbling brooks and flowers. When we got to the Ricky sections there were many pika gathering grasses for the winter and standing on rocks barking at eachother. It was quite a show. The summit was 14,148 elevation.
    To reach the top of Mt Cameron we had to climb down to the connection saddle then up to Mt Cameron and was suprised at how different the rocks were in just a few feet. Cameron was tough as the start of the trail was steep and we needed to rest at times. The top was a mound and was not that exciting at 14238 feet elevation. It did have stunning views of other moutians and was the way to the saddle to Mt Lincoln which was very intresting when steep rocks and a weathered look. We were very pleased to reach 14,286 feet elevation. The top of Mt Bross was closed due to land disputes. Evidently whoever inherited it closed the trail. The park service is trying to come to agreements that would allow climbers to reach the summit, the trail down was 50 lower than the summit so I'm counting it. As far as I am conserned the owner can have the entire Moutan. Best way I can describe it is there use to be a very large moutians abs miners decided to break every rock and leave it on the moutians, it is a pile of rocks that are ranging from 1/4 inch to 6 inches, the trail had a hard surface covered with the small rocks that acted like ball bearings. Decending from this took as long as it took to climb the first three.
    The trail was the same for the first 1,100 foot decent before it actually felt like a predictable trail. At about 0.5 miles left and 500 foot elevation left to the trail head my right foot hit a patch of loose gravel and as I slob my left foot hooked into a rock and twisted. My foot was now capable of some very unnatural positions. After hubby made sure that I had water and warm clothing he left to get sons to help. It occurred to me that anyone trying to help me was likely to get hurt too and I needed to get down off the mountain. So I looked to stabilize my ankle. I took my treating pole and stuck it in my boot then tied my long underwear around the pole and just below my knee and did a modified crab crawl down to the point where there was grass. It seemed like miles but it couldn't have been. I was then helped by many people after they heard of my predicament. One came with an actual splint many helped as human crutches. When I was exhausted they did a two man carry.
    The nearest hospital was actually close to our hotel so we dropped our sons and went to the hospital.
    I broke both my tibial and fibula heads and have to have surgery.

Right up until the broken bones, it sounded like the perfect vacation. I am so sorry that you have to have surgery.

Yes it was and I enjoyed every moment of it until the broken bone part. Hubby and I both feel like Colorado is home, but for now we are where we need to be. I'll heal soon.
    Thanks for the comment of being a great mom. Child rearing is often a humbling experience, just when you think you got it figured out the plot changes. I am happy how they have matured and who they have become.
  • Idle_Moon
    Idle_Moon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    001459484_001_385013_708.jpg
    I enjoy this bar too much. 191 calories and 17,3g protein in one bar (55g). But it's 2,35 euros for one bar and that's kinda expensive for me. It tastes soooo great. :cry:
    I need a cheap similar bar, so I can bulk buy it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I had to go home to meet my new cleaning lady. So I was home by 5. I am sitting with the cats watching TV. It's quite nice! Have to go out and do some errands soon....
  • raymax4
    Options
    I had to go home to meet my new cleaning lady. So I was home by 5. I am sitting with the cats watching TV. It's quite nice! Have to go out and do some errands soon....

That sounds wonderful snuggling with the kitty's.
  • Oberon21
    Options

That sounds wonderful snuggling with the kitty's.

I got bored after 2 hours and went out and got a pedicure. But it was fun while it lasted!

v16inucgjj3x.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Options
    This race has hands down the best bibs and shirts. Except for the weird guy on the front. Classic Asbury Park but it creeps me out.

g031hhbulcmx.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Options

It seemed to hurt more than my other broken bones and I gave in and bought the narcotics that they prescribed for me. I've only taken two and have been ok with ibuprofen otherwise. I'm Sure it will settle soon.
    Crutch walking uses muscles that I haven't worked out I guess I'll have to start at square one with then but they will strengthen soon.
    I managed to get an appointment with Dr Parr on Monday. I'll know more about the situation then. I must find exercises to keep my upper leg muscles and gluts that don't involve my foot. I refuse to loose ground there.
    Mom doesn't know we are coming home so she will happily have her care taker take her to church. What a pair we will be when I get stronger!

How is the pain today, Wendy? I hope you are doing OK. There is no shame in painkillers when you need them. Used judiciously they are a godsend.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Day 5 #nomorealcohol
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I guess I should get out of bed and ride my horses before it gets too hot!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @Oberon21 - love the toes. It's already to hot to ride horses here today. I love the idea of the notes too. (And ditto the sad face about Susie.) I hope the new cleaning lady works out well. And, how much more renovating do you have to do?
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a bit down. **TMI WARNING**

Long story short, I haven't had my period in over a year (I'm only 21, so it's not like I'm supposed to be in menopause). Went to the OBGYN about it, and he pretty much told me that my physical exam had findings he would see in a woman who went through menopause (because of the low estrogen), though my other lab values don't point to me being in menopause (FSH is normal, LH is really low). He and my endo ran some additional tests (pelvic ultrasound, pituitary MRI -both relatively normal), and they're both officially stumped. So now, I will have to see a reproductive endo and see whether s/he has any idea of what's going on.

I think what's upsetting me the most is that the OBGYN told me flat-out that getting pregnant will be difficult for me (I am not planning on having kids in the immediate future, but I will eventually want to have them). I'm at a healthy weight (around the midpoint of the healthy BMI range for my height -I gained 2.5lbs between OBGYN appointments, even though I have been eating in a calorie deficit), so I don't think it's from that.
  • raymax4
    Options
    This race has hands down the best bibs and shirts. Except for the weird guy on the front. Classic Asbury Park but it creeps me out.

g031hhbulcmx.jpg

I really like the colors but I agree about the face
  • Oberon21
    Options
    @Oberon21 - love the toes. It's already to hot to ride horses here today. I love the idea of the notes too. (And ditto the sad face about Susie.) I hope the new cleaning lady works out well. And, how much more renovating do you have to do?

None! I am completely done! I still have crappy furniture but I refuse to spend $ on furniture when I am never home. But all wallpaper is gone, kitchen, baths all redone, new window treatments, ceiling fans, a new door. All complete. It took 2 years and 2 bonuses plus some but worth it.
  • raymax4
    Options

How is the pain today, Wendy? I hope you are doing OK. There is no shame in painkillers when you need them. Used judiciously they are a godsend.

Yesterday ibuprofen has sufficed until bed time. I must say the prescription does put me down for the count. I'm feeling fine right now. My arms are getting stronger and less sore. I think I am going to start a crutch walking regimin today. It will probably be pretty wimpy but so was my walking when I started. I can't just sit.
    I unpacked my suit case and cleaned my room today. I was superseded that it tired me.