Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I am wildly depressed right now. After multiple classes, reviews, YEARS of going down a specific path with my dissertation, my committee decided my topic doesn't align with my methodology. Never mind BOTH of them have seen it at least once before, and my chair has been working with me on it for like 1.5 years.

I am glad I am on 3 month hiatus before class starts again, I need to the time to completely rebuild years worth of work. Soooo upsetting. I had to struggle not to start crying while talking to them. Like seriously... you never noticed this BEFORE?????

ETA: And I disagree with them. But....they are the bosses, and I don't want to tick them off, so I have to rebuild. Sigh...

That sucks swamp water and I hope they both swallow a gnat. (two different gnats, one each.)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Raymax, I'm so sorry you've broken your leg, thats terrible, but it sounds like you had a wonderful trip before that, and have wonderful men in your life (although we already knew L was wonderful from Nashville).

Quik, i intend to start 21 days challenge tomorrow, can I be invited please?

Already did!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I am wildly depressed right now. After multiple classes, reviews, YEARS of going down a specific path with my dissertation, my committee decided my topic doesn't align with my methodology. Never mind BOTH of them have seen it at least once before, and my chair has been working with me on it for like 1.5 years.

I am glad I am on 3 month hiatus before class starts again, I need to the time to completely rebuild years worth of work. Soooo upsetting. I had to struggle not to start crying while talking to them. Like seriously... you never noticed this BEFORE?????

ETA: And I disagree with them. But....they are the bosses, and I don't want to tick them off, so I have to rebuild. Sigh...

Holy ....!!! That's ridiculous! I would have a hard time not throwing in the towel.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options

Ugh, I can't even imagine POF!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

That just sucks! POF, I'm so sorry. Hugs.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I guess I should get out of bed and ride my horses before it gets too hot!

It's so early. Is this the time you usually ride?

No I was dodging the heat. Disgusting in NJ this week.

We've had some nasty days in PA, but we definitely needed the rain that came from the humidity.

Yep, until the steam rises after the rain... :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Can someone explain to me how after putting all my books back on the bookshelves and probably donating 100 books, I seem to have MORE books then when I started this remodel? Did they mate and multiply when they were on the ground all stacked up??
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I got better at crutch walking. Increased from .2 miles to .7. This is sad not Even a mile.

You'll get there. Will keep you in my prayers for a fast recovery.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Can someone explain to me how after putting all my books back on the bookshelves and probably donating 100 books, I seem to have MORE books then when I started this remodel? Did they mate and multiply when they were on the ground all stacked up??

Man! If this were only true! I'd save so much money!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Holy ....!!! That's ridiculous! I would have a hard time not throwing in the towel.

Thanks, Actually, after 12 hours and a good nights sleep I have decided this is the motivation I needed. I have been kind of skating along on this one, I have 3 months to really focus and get it right. So, I had my few hours of buried under the covers petting the cats, but now I am going to use it to focus myself in a positive path! I'll show them!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the sympathy, guys. I really appreciate it. <3

That's the attitude!!! You're a better person than me. Get it, POF!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Beautiful pictures Wendy!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

That sucks swamp water and I hope they both swallow a gnat. (two different gnats, one each.)

and step on lego!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

You brought home a couple of extra books from me.....
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited August 2016
    Options

and step on lego!

And get paper cuts on all of their fingers :p.

@Oberon21 sorry to hear this! I can understand how livid/upset you're for not only putting in that much hard work but to have two people who have looked at your work & said nothing only to turn around & say it's not correct. I would have wanted to cry, scream, & punch them in the face.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

and step on lego!

And step on Legos barefoot when they get up to go potty. But I think that swallowing gnats is more likely in the NJ heat.
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2016
    Options

You brought home a couple of extra books from me.....

True. and they are on the top of my list to read next so I can ship them back to make space. ;)
  • Oberon21
    edited August 2016
    Options

and step on lego!

These cracked me up! Thanks guys. Stepping on a lego is the WORST!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Oh if money would do that! What king of cross breads do you have?
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Thanks, Actually, after 12 hours and a good nights sleep I have decided this is the motivation I needed. I have been kind of skating along on this one, I have 3 months to really focus and get it right. So, I had my few hours of buried under the covers petting the cats, but now I am going to use it to focus myself in a positive path! I'll show them!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the sympathy, guys. I really appreciate it. <3

Go get them!