Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• noexcuses0626
    noexcuses0626 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When I get a migraine, the only thing that helps me is Pepsi and jujubes... Sooo, rather than just settle for a can of Pepsi and a small pack of jujubes, I went whole hog and had the 710 mL bottle and TWO pouches of jujubes for a whopping 860 calorie binge. I feel so gross... and I still have a migraine :(
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    When I get a migraine, the only thing that helps me is Pepsi and jujubes... Sooo, rather than just settle for a can of Pepsi and a small pack of jujubes, I went whole hog and had the 710 mL bottle and TWO pouches of jujubes for a whopping 860 calorie binge. I feel so gross... and I still have a migraine :(

I'm intrigued. How did you figure out Pepsi and jujubes were your migraine killers? It seems so random. I can understand the caffeine helping, but the jujubes?
  • noexcuses0626
    noexcuses0626 Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I'm intrigued. How did you figure out Pepsi and jujubes were your migraine killers? It seems so random. I can understand the caffeine helping, but the jujubes?

LOL Totally random, I guess. I just really LOVE jujubes and the cure was discovered completely by accident :)

I should add, my headache is now gone, so it was worth it-- I guess... kind of?!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

LOL Totally random, I guess. I just really LOVE jujubes and the cure was discovered completely by accident :)

I should add, my headache is now gone, so it was worth it-- I guess... kind of?!

I'm on Day 5 of a headache. But I hate jujubes. :D:s

Eat 100 calories under for a few days. It'll balance out!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I'm loving that thread, Tami. I'm on page 9.. I don't feel so alone in some of my binges. It's giving me some tasty ideas though... :#

Some of the confessions from the actual link/article were hilarious.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I am on Day 5 of this nagging freaking headache. I've taken regular headache medicine, my migraine medicine, drank extra caffeine, been to the chiropractor twice, and gone to yoga trying to get rid of it. I booked a 90 minute massage, but that isn't until Monday. Couldn't call in sick to work because I have a meeting I have to go to... Enough already!

The good news - the kid FINALLY went back to school today! No more snow days!

Yay for better weather, but boo to nagging headaches that won't go away!

Hoping that you get some relief soon.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    After reading some of those, I felt like an amateur!!

I've definitely never spent a lot of money at a fast food place, but I have ate a large stromboli by myself.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Still going through that thread. I have been guilty of some of them- ice cream, pizza type things. But some of those, just....wow.... :/

I need to read this!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

I read a few of these (it's even older than this thread!) and realised that I am not a huge binger. I am a terrible grazer. I put my weight on the boring way by overeating a couple of hundred calories each day. How dull. And I'm finding it super hard to give up those couple of hundred extra calories as I feel like I eat okay most of the time and somehow deserve a small treat. Weight loss is stalling here, can you tell?

The only time I've ever eaten a pint of ice cream in one sitting was when I was pregnant and I really put my mind to it! Even then I only did it once and it was mainly to distract myself from the horrific rash from Hell.

I am like you on the top part, including the lack of success right now. I NEED to stop snacking.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    We also have crazy wind today although it isn't cold. It was loud enough to keep waking me up last night. I am so glad we got the roof done!

How is your house going? I know you did a ton before the baby, how about now?
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I'm loving that thread, Tami. I'm on page 9.. I don't feel so alone in some of my binges. It's giving me some tasty ideas though... :#

I know! I had the same problem!!!

Me too!!! Found myself wanting junk, had to keep taking reading breaks
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

I went through it and to a few of the posts I was like, "Pff. Amateurs!" Apparently I'm pretty good at doing "fat" things. :D

Yeah me too :( I found myself saying "is that all?" at points or "Pff! I did that in 20 minutes".

On the other hand I had to remind myself that things are bigger in America, so their medium pizza is probably equivalent to our extra large
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I went through it and to a few of the posts I was like, "Pff. Amateurs!" Apparently I'm pretty good at doing "fat" things. :D

Yeah me too :( I found myself saying "is that all?" at points or "Pff! I did that in 20 minutes".

On the other hand I had to remind myself that things are bigger in America, so their medium pizza is probably equivalent to our extra large

My mom says this about pizza in Oman. She says the large pizza that we get is the size of a medium pizza in the US. She complains that she's being shorted pizza. :D
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    We also have crazy wind today although it isn't cold. It was loud enough to keep waking me up last night. I am so glad we got the roof done!

We installed the heating, a downstairs loo and utility room, replaced the rotten stairs and half the elctrics and made the house structurally sound before I conceived, then finished off the electrics while I was pregnant. We finished the living room and our bedroom about a month before Andrew was born. Then we took a break from DIY (obviously!).

We did the dining room when Andrew was 2-3 months, and Andrew's bedroom when he was 5-6 months. It was quite hard work but at least he wasn't mobile and it certainly got me moving again. Since then we've had several windows replaced (and the remainder are due at the end of January) and the big job was the roof. Although I don't directly do those jobs, there is a lot of moving furniture and clean-up involved, and since Andrew is very mobile now it's much harder than before! I can't just pop him in his chair and expect him to happily watch. He wants to join in! The house is finally weather proof, which is a relief.

This year, we are planning on at least doing the spare bedroom and bathroom now that the roof is no longer leaking into them. My husband has vague hopes we might even do the kitchen, but what with everything else we have going on, I think it's unlikely. But who knows. Once the kitchen and stairwell is done, that's the basic work complete, which is something I almost can't imagine after 3+ years of living on a building site.

And there was a summary of why I never have any time!

That is fabulous! I'd love to see pictures!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My husband is a loud bed partner. :unamused:

I have one of those too. My next major furniture purchase will be a comfy couch.

Me three, I have ear plugs now. They work a treat!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I have one of those too. My next major furniture purchase will be a comfy couch.

I am such a light sleeper, I don't know if they would work well for me. Plus, I am the first one out of bed in the morning when the alarm goes off. If I couldn't hear it, I would be late constantly!!! Now, I am just exhausted constantly... :/
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I am such a light sleeper, I don't know if they would work well for me. Plus, I am the first one out of bed in the morning when the alarm goes off. If I couldn't hear it, I would be late constantly!!! Now, I am just exhausted constantly... :/

I hear my alarm through my earplugs. And it's not particularly loud, a nice pleasant "ringtone" on my phone. I'm a light sleeper, too.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

We installed the heating, a downstairs loo and utility room, replaced the rotten stairs and half the elctrics and made the house structurally sound before I conceived, then finished off the electrics while I was pregnant. We finished the living room and our bedroom about a month before Andrew was born. Then we took a break from DIY (obviously!).

We did the dining room when Andrew was 2-3 months, and Andrew's bedroom when he was 5-6 months. It was quite hard work but at least he wasn't mobile and it certainly got me moving again. Since then we've had several windows replaced (and the remainder are due at the end of January) and the big job was the roof. Although I don't directly do those jobs, there is a lot of moving furniture and clean-up involved, and since Andrew is very mobile now it's much harder than before! I can't just pop him in his chair and expect him to happily watch. He wants to join in! The house is finally weather proof, which is a relief.

This year, we are planning on at least doing the spare bedroom and bathroom now that the roof is no longer leaking into them. My husband has vague hopes we might even do the kitchen, but what with everything else we have going on, I think it's unlikely. But who knows. Once the kitchen and stairwell is done, that's the basic work complete, which is something I almost can't imagine after 3+ years of living on a building site.

And there was a summary of why I never have any time!

That is fabulous! I'd love to see pictures!

Ditto