Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    I think the next few days are going to be super quiet....

Right?!? Errybody out celebratin'. :D

I am forcing myself to keep working. I did do about 2 hours of dissertation research, now sorted out my expenses, and wrote out a few belated xmas cards...

I am getting stuff done. Probably not what I really needed to....

Christmas in July? :D

Oops... that is funny. BIRTHDAY CARDS!

I was gonna say :D.

Still better late than never.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I am forcing myself to keep working. I did do about 2 hours of dissertation research, now sorted out my expenses, and wrote out a few belated xmas cards...

I am getting stuff done. Probably not what I really needed to....

Christmas in July? :D

Oops... that is funny. BIRTHDAY CARDS!

I went back to set up some reminders of upcoming birthdays. I know how much that made my day to get those and the Christmas cards.

I know. I missed now Crissy. I believe she was the 4th of July baby. I'll get that out this week.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I just read the constitution and all it's amendments. I wanted to better understand the situation we are in. I now understand emoluments and the electoral college.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I just read the constitution and all it's amendments. I wanted to better understand the situation we are in. I now understand emoluments and the electoral college.

I am not sure I would completely understand all of it after reading it, but it would help.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I am not sure I would completely understand all of it after reading it, but it would help.

It fits in your pocket and , in spite of the archaic English, is easier to understand than most of what Congress and state legislatures produce now. If we really wanted to make government work, we would pass a law that no law or regulation can be longer than the Constitution. It took me two weeks to read the ACA when it passed and I never tried to read all the regulations that deal with it. That's ridiculous.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options

Not everyone...my dad had another incident today. I'm heading to the hospital after work. Since he thought I was my mom last time, I didn't go right away.

I hope that the troubles aren't permanent. Wishing for a speedy recovery
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Bad news: my dad was driving the wrong way on a 4 lane highway and doesn't remember. (He may lose his license, depending on what the docs say.ice
    Good news: police called EMS, who took him to the other trauma center my employers own.
    Better news ( to me): the VA didn't have a neurologist on duty at their hospital today, so they approved my dad to stay there. It's a top 100 stroke treatment hospital in the country. I will get answers this time. We won't get paid if I don't.

Yea for the home court advantage. It makes all the difference in the medical front.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY!

0z2dnep1qd7g.gif
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Bad news: my dad was driving the wrong way on a 4 lane highway and doesn't remember. (He may lose his license, depending on what the docs say.ice
    Good news: police called EMS, who took him to the other trauma center my employers own.
    Better news ( to me): the VA didn't have a neurologist on duty at their hospital today, so they approved my dad to stay there. It's a top 100 stroke treatment hospital in the country. I will get answers this time. We won't get paid if I don't.

Just read this. I hope it all works out.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Took two days off from work to sleep and eat, out of the 48 hours I was up maybe 15 of them. I feel a tonne better despite my nose still running outta control. Tomorrow is my competition, we're carpooling so there will be 4 of us in the car.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Hi all!
    Took two days off from work to sleep and eat, out of the 48 hours I was up maybe 15 of them. I feel a tonne better despite my nose still running outta control. Tomorrow is my competition, we're carpooling so there will be 4 of us in the car.

Eeeeeee!!! Sending strong thoughts!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Hi all!

Let us know how it goes! You will rock it!
  • Oberon21
    Options

I don't understand all of either but it definitely helped. And it was fascinating. Those founding fathers were pretty darned smart. And prescient.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    When a former coworker dies in his sleep at 50, it's pretty sobering. I'm glad that a) I do have my affairs in order and b) I'm taking care of my health better than most people I know IRL.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the coworker. I need to review my will now....
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    When a former coworker dies in his sleep at 50, it's pretty sobering. I'm glad that a) I do have my affairs in order and b) I'm taking care of my health better than most people I know IRL.

Wow. That's young. I may need to do a check-up on my affairs. I think I'm good on B.
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Hi all! If you have me on Facebook or Instagram you have seen these already so you get to enjoy them again!
    So I will do a meet breakdown for yall since I haven't done one at all yet so lucky you guys! We left to go to the venue at 6am, weigh ins were at 8am and start time was 10am. Squats: First was at 85kg (187lbs), Austyn is a firm believer of your first should be considered your last warm up so you will for sure be on the board. Second 90kg (198lbs) which moved sooo quick and third attempt was at 97.5kgs (215lbs) which is a new PR and went smooooth.

Bench: Bench is the DEVIL. First attempt was 40kg (88lbs) which flew off the chest, second attempted was 45kg (99lbs) which I failed for both times. I am ticked off over that one, not sure what happened there but I am determined to hit 115+ for my comp in November with bench.

Deadlifts: First was 105kgs (231lbs), second was 110kgs (242lbs) and third attempt was 122.5kgs (270lbs) which I failed. Now time for the story about the third attempt, my previous PR was 245lbs which is 25lbs lower than my last attempt. That attempt was selected on a range from Austyn by Martin, but Austyn diverted from the original game plan because well I was sick and not pulling as much as expected (not an excuse I swear!). Needless to say Martin felt horrible for stealing a PR from me haha.

Austyn is now leaving us to move back to Ontario, we will still be coaching with him but I'm sad about it. Him and his girlfriend are wonderful people, we will hopefully be seeing them in February when we go to Calgary to see him compete in Nationals. Below is a photo of Team Apex (all of Austyn's clients) and his GF, there was a tonne of us at this competition. As well as the three of us, we went to dinner as a team afterwards and then they hit the road to head back home.

cd8l7u59de2h.jpg
    2hs30uh9qt73.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Thanks for the full run-down, Vix! I appreciated it, even if everyone else doesn't. LOL ;)

You'll PR that dead next time!

I'm four weeks out from Regionals, thinking about my numbers. Here's what I'm hoping for, at this point:

Squat: 225 lbs (would be a PR by 20 lbs)
    Bench: 170 lbs (would be a PR by 9 lbs)
    Deads: 375 lbs (super-lofty, and would be a PR by 19 lbs).

Too lazy to convert all those to kgs. :D
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Thanks for the full run-down, Vix! I appreciated it, even if everyone else doesn't. LOL ;)

You'll PR that dead next time!

I'm four weeks out from Regionals, thinking about my numbers. Here's what I'm hoping for, at this point:

Squat: 225 lbs (would be a PR by 20 lbs)
    Bench: 170 lbs (would be a PR by 9 lbs)
    Deads: 375 lbs (super-lofty, and would be a PR by 19 lbs).

Too lazy to convert all those to kgs. :D

November is our next one so I am determined! I haven't decided on numbers aside from bench, I thinks squats I would love to hit 250lbs.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I signed up to give blood tomorrow. Last time I gave blood I passed out at work. Hopefully that doesn't happen again!