Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    OMG I NEED THAT SIGN!!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »
    OMG I NEED THAT SIGN!!!!

Amazon! $8.99!!!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    My Step-Mom had thyroid cancer. She has a bleeding disorder and was not going to consent to surgery. I talked with her and convinced her to have the surgery and it turned out well. Three months later she was diagnosed with colon and liver cancer which didn't show when they were looking for remnants of the thyroid cancer. Chemo therapy is not working and now she has been given a 2 month life expectancy.

I confess that I'm feeling guilty now that I talked her into the surgery, which has exchanged a relatively quick and painless ending for a likely painful and prolonged end of life. I saw her this weekend with horrible jaundice and arms like sticks. I feel awful in so many ways...

Hugs to you. First thing you could not convince her to do what she really did not want to do. It was her decision.
    The truth of the matter is that you really do love her or you would not be feeling this way. It looks like you have two months to let her know how much you love her.
    There are agencies such as hospice that give your mother the the most comfortable path possible in either her own home or a facility.
    To get this service you must have a terminal illness and a predicted life expectancy of 6 months or less.That does not mean that in 6 months you don’t have to die, they can recertify you. My father in law was on hospice for 27 months. They supply every thing for the patient and also supply care to the caretakers which helped my mother in law greatly.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Pizza: I am not picky. I don't love frozen pizza, but won't turn it down (I married an Italian, I understand and accept this abomination). I prefer old-standard pizza with a thick dough, light red sauce, lotsa cheese and all sorts of toppings.

We do DIY a fair amount and use Udi's GF crust (hubby and daughter are celiac so GF always at home). It's about 800 calories for how I make it, but I get to eat the WHOLE THING. It's passable for sure.

That is all we can ask for from Mangiacakes lol :D
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    @Fvaisey, I agree with others that you're being too hard on yourself. While you may have influenced your mother, the decision was ultimately hers. What you're describing - the jaundice and loss of weight - is not uncommon with terminal illness. For all you know, if she hadn't had surgery, she would have gone through that even sooner.

Losing someone we care about is difficult. Let your mother know how much you love her, and spend time with her.

This so much!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Can raspberries be described as vegan once you realise just how many caterpillars were massacred to ensure the plant's survival?

That's how I relax these days - picking caterpillars one by one off my raspberry plants. I'm so rock and roll. Blumming caterpillars are decimating them! I feel slightly bad for the little blighters, but the birds are having a feast so circle of life and all that.

If anyone has any suggestions for not getting squillions of caterpillars on my raspberries I'd appreciate it! I don't use pesticides.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Can raspberries be described as vegan once you realise just how many caterpillars were massacred to ensure the plant's survival?

That's how I relax these days - picking caterpillars one by one off my raspberry plants. I'm so rock and roll. Blumming caterpillars are decimating them! I feel slightly bad for the little blighters, but the birds are having a feast so circle of life and all that.

If anyone has any suggestions for not getting squillions of caterpillars on my raspberries I'd appreciate it! I don't use pesticides.

This is not the gospel, but my grandmother used to put pepper juice or hot sauce around any plant she didn't want a bug crawl on. It burns their little feet and they go the other way. I would try not to touch the actual plant stem.

ETA: I know this works for ants. I put Texas Pete on my windowsills to keep them out.
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    This works for slugs, don't know how it would do for caterpillars. Take a yogurt cup (one of the individual ones - 4 or 6 oz size) and bury it near the plants so the top is flush with the ground level. fill about 3/4 full with beer. I use the cheapest stuff I can find, but it all works. The slugs are attracted to the smell and drown in the beer.

Bonus for us, the raccoons and birds come fish the slugs out of the beer and eat them, so we don't have to clean out the beer traps.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    deagh93 wrote: »
    This works for slugs, don't know how it would do for caterpillars. Take a yogurt cup (one of the individual ones - 4 or 6 oz size) and bury it near the plants so the top is flush with the ground level. fill about 3/4 full with beer. I use the cheapest stuff I can find, but it all works. The slugs are attracted to the smell and drown in the beer.

Bonus for us, the raccoons and birds come fish the slugs out of the beer and eat them, so we don't have to clean out the beer traps.

That might be genius... The sugar in the beer is probably good for the plants too.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

What about diatamaceous earth? Not sure it works on caterpillars, if they have a skeleton it won't. Do caterpillars have skeletons?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    94as50x764pw.jpeg

Here is the Green Bay Packer drunken Irish Shamrock.

It is a 3 leaf bc of me and my 2 daughters. It is placed under my arm so I will always protect them...

At least that is what my daughter said I said it meant.

I can't believe only 2 whiskeys were enough to send you to get a tattoo, I don't drink whisky but will stat away from them! :D

I love that your daughter and you got matching ones before she deploys. That is super sweet.

Irish Wakes have a lot of whiskey in them. Someone made them at a funeral in my best high school friend's family. She snuck two of them when her parents weren't looking. She dreamed she was being chased by a Jameson bottle all night and didn't drink again until she was in her 30s.

Wow. Like Long Island Iced Teas. Still can't even smell those without feeling sick. I never heard of an Irish Wake.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    evhuchtml7j1.jpeg

This is the quart size tattoo causing beverage.

Oh boy.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    deagh93 wrote: »

It's like vodka gummy bears for the wildlife!!! This tickles me so much!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    94as50x764pw.jpeg

Here is the Green Bay Packer drunken Irish Shamrock.

It is a 3 leaf bc of me and my 2 daughters. It is placed under my arm so I will always protect them...

At least that is what my daughter said I said it meant.

I can't believe only 2 whiskeys were enough to send you to get a tattoo, I don't drink whisky but will stat away from them! :D

I love that your daughter and you got matching ones before she deploys. That is super sweet.

Irish Wakes have a lot of whiskey in them. Someone made them at a funeral in my best high school friend's family. She snuck two of them when her parents weren't looking. She dreamed she was being chased by a Jameson bottle all night and didn't drink again until she was in her 30s.

Wow. Like Long Island Iced Teas. Still can't even smell those without feeling sick. I never heard of an Irish Wake.

itic87h17ap6.gif
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I have a had a terrible time staying focused today. My to do list has been successfully completed, but only with great pain and effort....
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I have a had a terrible time staying focused today. My to do list has been successfully completed, but only with great pain and effort....

Same... Except I am not actually done. Stupid merger...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I confess that I should be outside doing yoga and going out for a run. Instead I am watching Foyle’s War and browsing MFP
    I know I shouldn't like this, but I do. :)