Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry!!!!! She has crossed the rainbow bridge and is now playing with my bullmastiffs Hercules and Megara and Dogue De Bordeaux, Lucy.

Mastiffs are such special breeds. My heart is breaking for you!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am sorry Tami, losing a fur baby is awful :(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Confession: my coirkers are making me crazy today. Tomorrow there's a Lean Assessment Team coming from the company we merged with. They want to watch us work and assess our speed and whatever they do. (The software we use tells my bosses exactly how many and whose accounts I am touching every minute of every day. I think the Lean Assessment people are going to find out that they are redundant.)
    Obviously, you can't stand around and chit chat while they are in the building so the coirkers are talking today instead. And there's not a single manager doing anything about it.
    ETA: now one of the managers is doi g the talking. Her daughter got married this weekend. Which is great, but you didn't invite us so why tell us all about it on work time when you know you're going to have to fuss about other people doing it later.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    How ironic that the lean assessment team are in fact adding unnecessary work by not just relying on existing software.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    How ironic that the lean assessment team are in fact adding unnecessary work by not just relying on existing software.

The software the other company used and is still using during the change over to our system won't do that. I think they are going to be out of jobs in a year or so when everyone is using the Epic software.
    I don't even worry about them watching except I don't want them in my personal space. I am good at my job even when I chit chat on MFP.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »
    Confession time:
    My husband said something really stupid last night that has REALLY hurt my feelings. I am usually pretty good about letting stuff go, but I just can't today. He is trying really hard to make up for it - but I'm being a total B!+ch and not letting it go.

Been there, done that. Try let it go, especially since he's trying to make it up.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Confession time:
    My husband said something really stupid last night that has REALLY hurt my feelings. I am usually pretty good about letting stuff go, but I just can't today. He is trying really hard to make up for it - but I'm being a total B!+ch and not letting it go.

Sometimes when I get hurt I have a real hard time letting go. It is something I am trying to work at. It may even be harder than losing weight.

I am glad I am not hurt often.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Confession
    I really need to find out how not to get in a data war with one of my colleges. I am at the point of letting it get personal but it is not worth it. It is not easy not to want to pop off and say something mean but I know I’ll feel worse about that than just walking away and letting her think she has won.

She will have won if I lose my principles.

Be true to yourself. "People of integrity expect to be believed, and when they are not they let time prove them right." (Scott Michaels, I used to work with/for him)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Tami! I'm sure Tig is having a ball playing with all the other doggies in doggie heaven.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    This same exact time next week I will be crossing the finish line of the Atlanta Peachtree Road Race... This is the biggest 10k in the US... I am getting nervous and feeling unprepared!!

Really sweaty photos to follow :D

Neat! I hope there are awesome peach-shaped medals!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: Someone brought carrot cake with cream cheese frosting to work. I was all excited to eat some. Then I saw the walnuts (allergic). My inner 3-year-old is throwing a tantrum now. I literally want to track down multiple baked goods and snarf them down. My protein bar is Cinnamon Twist and delicious and will totally hit the spot, but if I eat it now I have no afternoon snack. It doesn't help that TOM is two days away, which is usually the time I get ravenous anyway.

I am wrestling with an imaginary 3-year-old. :grumble:

9rozrwjqpii2.jpg
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @quiksylver296 deadlift the three year old back into her playground. Nothing will be as good as actual carrot cake anyway. (If I lived closer, I'd totally make it and bring it to you, but I don't so this is my best solution.)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I have eaten SO MUCH food in the past 2 days for my birthday! (Just dinners and desserts..all other meal were normal)
    Yesterday, I had 8 (!) slices of deep dish veggie pizza, fries, and a pb cup dessert topped with ice cream and whipped cream. Then got home and had more ice cream!
    Tonight, I shared buffalo fries with blue cheese dipping sauce and fried pickles with a delicious dipping sauce. Then I had a HUGE veggie burger (the most delicious thing ever!) and sweet potato wedge fries...I ate half and brought the rest home. Then for dessert, I had the biggest chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich known to man. Like seriously massive!
    It was all so good, but I'm ready to get back to normal eating tomorrow...other than the second half to tonight's dinner.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    That stinks, Tami. I'd be acting like a 3 year old too.!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    This same exact time next week I will be crossing the finish line of the Atlanta Peachtree Road Race... This is the biggest 10k in the US... I am getting nervous and feeling unprepared!!

Really sweaty photos to follow :D

Don't be nervous! Go kick butt!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I have eaten SO MUCH food in the past 2 days for my birthday! (Just dinners and desserts..all other meal were normal)
    Yesterday, I had 8 (!) slices of deep dish veggie pizza, fries, and a pb cup dessert topped with ice cream and whipped cream. Then got home and had more ice cream!
    Tonight, I shared buffalo fries with blue cheese dipping sauce and fried pickles with a delicious dipping sauce. Then I had a HUGE veggie burger (the most delicious thing ever!) and sweet potato wedge fries...I ate half and brought the rest home. Then for dessert, I had the biggest chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich known to man. Like seriously massive!
    It was all so good, but I'm ready to get back to normal eating tomorrow...other than the second half to tonight's dinner.

Happy birthday!!!