Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I literally ate, like, 5 pounds of my son's birthday cake this past weekend. The kind of eating that you do hunched over the kitchen island at 1:00 AM while everyone else is sleeping. What can I say? I had insomnia and it was right there!

That was the second of my custards yesterday. HAHAHA! The dog kept looking at me and made me feel really guilty, but I didn't share!!!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Eating has been totally off-course since my HM last Saturday (I crushed it in under 2 hours, so at least there's that). Tomorrow I hop on the scale, log the weight in MFP (it's up!), and get realistic about things. My diet is back on track today, but starting with a fresh weigh in tomorrow. Going to log the weight, set a calorie goal of .5-.75lb per week and probably 15lbs to lose. I start training on Monday for my next race and we're just gonna keep this tight and locked down through then. It's just how it's gotta be.

My daughter comes home from college for a few days on Sunday, so my diet probably won't be "perfect" next week, but I'm going to do my best to work the indulgences in rather than going over calories. I'm really excited because I haven't seen her since Xmas break. We have manis/pedis, massages, and Fireworks planned!

When she goes back to NY, hubby and my son leave for their boundary waters canoe trip, so that's two weeks of not having to worry about anyone else's food needs except my own!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    We're having a heat wave by British standards and I would happily eat my own body weight in ice cream. Instead I'm alternating real ice cream with blitzed frozen bananas and raspberries. Surprisingly good and the toddler genuinely believes it's ice cream. Win!

I suppose we are having a genuine TN heatwave. It is currently 91 degrees and we will allegedly be in the 90s until next Thursday. After a week straight of rain. Welcome, summer.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    We're having a heat wave by British standards and I would happily eat my own body weight in ice cream. Instead I'm alternating real ice cream with blitzed frozen bananas and raspberries. Surprisingly good and the toddler genuinely believes it's ice cream. Win!

I suppose we are having a genuine TN heatwave. It is currently 91 degrees and we will allegedly be in the 90s until next Thursday. After a week straight of rain. Welcome, summer.

101-103 the next 4 days here
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Its 91 here now. Expected to be 90s-100s for the rest of my life. Or a week.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

101-103 the next 4 days here

I knew you had to have it worse there, but this is pretty hot for here in the mountains.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    2ntel9u5dnt9.jpg

Two days ago, I ordered this dress from JCP. It was $33. I was looking on JCPs site today and it's on sale for $15.99.

I call customer service. Tell the woman I want the sale price. She says that if it's been more than 10 minutes since I ordered, she can't do anything. I'll have to return it and buy another one at the sale price.

While I talking on the phone with her, one of those little customer service text boxes pops up on the JPC website, offering to help me with anything. I decide, what the heck, and type in that I would like the sale price and give the order number. I immediately get a response back saying, "Absolutely. I am refunding your $17.01 right now." I tell the texting person what happened with the phone person and text person says that isn't right, they always price match.

I'm glad I didn't give up with just the phone call, but what a bunch of *kitten*.

Pretty dress!

Glad you didn't take no for an answer.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Mid eighties is a heat wave for us!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Mid eighties is a heat wave for us!

That was last week when it was raining every day. Currently 92 here, but humidity is only 40% so it is not unbearable.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Sometime the middle of last week I ate some tater tots. They were either fried in soy oil or in a shared fryer with breaded something. I wasn't terribly sick, but I was bloated and ended up at 174. 4 lbs for the employee health people. Oh, well. I also ate way way too much yesterday, just because I wanted to. I didn't log it all and don't really care about that either.
    Back on the wagon today. I just need some self-discipline under stress, which is hard when it's so very hot. My alternative to stress eating is walking.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ugh so hot today! I went out & helped push carts so the regular cart pusher could get caught up a bit more this afternoon. I probably drank more water today than I have in weeks.

Even though I know diet soda is good for you I need to incorporate more regular water into my daily intake. I can drink plain water, but I usually like to add a water enhancer for some extra flavoring.

I was so tired by the end of my shift I almost tripped over the bagging carousel.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I drink a ton of Mio
    like 4-5 bottles a week :#
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    It really is so stupidly hot here!! That was nice of you to help with the carts, Kelly.
    I usually add Mio to my water too...not as much as Nicole though! :D
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    When I get tired of plain water I add Mio to it. If it is the afternoon and I am dragging a bit I use the Mio energy. Better than me drinking sodas all the time. We are starting a 21 day water challenge at work. Think I have that one beat. I drink way more than 64oz in a day.

Tami, I am glad you go the discount on that great dress. Sometimes the phone folks don't want to hassle with it. Glad someone was willing to follow their policy of price matching.

It's been a nature weekend here. We have a new calf in the field and one of our pond turtles decided to go wandering. He walked right up the drive to the road and made it safely across. I was watching to make sure he made it. I just wasn't sure which direction he was going or I would have carried him. The grandkids wanted to keep him and put him back in the pond. I wouldn't let them. He had somewhere to go, so we let him go.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Would it be bad if I only have mimosas and chocolate ice cream today?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »
    Would it be bad if I only have mimosas and chocolate ice cream today?

Sounds good to me. :) I wouldn't advise it every day, but it sounds good to me.