Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    This is like having two Mondays this week. Having the holiday on Wednesday is gonna mess me up.

Which is why I took Thursday and Friday off! :bigsmile:
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    deagh93 wrote: »
    becky3695 wrote: »
    I see that you took my advice on switching to the Lotus brand of cookie butter, Tami! ;) How do you like it now that you've switched brands? :smiley:

I've never bought cookie butter before, so I have nothing to compare it to. But it is delicious. I know, because I dipped two of the cookies in it and ate them. ;)

Odd, I thought it was you in the dirty eaters thread who said you tried the Trader Joe's brand and thought it was grainy. Now I'm wondering who that was!

Nope. I've never been in a Trader Joe's in my life.

You don’t know what you are missing!!!

I second this! They aren't as froofy as some places, and they have some really neat-o stuff. Like they're the ONLY place I can get unsalted tortilla chips. I'm not really a salty food fan - I find regular chips far too salty. And if I want lightly salted, then I just mix them with regular chips and it's perfect!

I don't even know where the nearest Trader Joe's is.

I do. A couple of blocks from work. I'm afraid if I go in there, I'll be addicted. :p

Yes, Yes you will be. My closest is 1:30 or so away. I go about every 2 months and leave looking like a hoarder.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    This is like having two Mondays this week. Having the holiday on Wednesday is gonna mess me up.

Me too! Plus my daughter is in town from college until Friday, so it's a huge time suck (in a good way). It interferes with my MFP social time, but it's all good.

There's a few things I can only find at Trader Joe's, and there's one not far from me. I don't go nutso about it, but it is handy for some unique items.

I've never had any cookie butter of any kind. :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I see that you took my advice on switching to the Lotus brand of cookie butter, Tami! ;) How do you like it now that you've switched brands? :smiley:

I've never bought cookie butter before, so I have nothing to compare it to. But it is delicious. I know, because I dipped two of the cookies in it and ate them. ;)

Odd, I thought it was you in the dirty eaters thread who said you tried the Trader Joe's brand and thought it was grainy. Now I'm wondering who that was!

I second this! They aren't as froofy as some places, and they have some really neat-o stuff. Like they're the ONLY place I can get unsalted tortilla chips. I'm not really a salty food fan - I find regular chips far too salty. And if I want lightly salted, then I just mix them with regular chips and it's perfect!

I do. A couple of blocks from work. I'm afraid if I go in there, I'll be addicted. :p

Jealous!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I had to look. The nearest Trader Joe's is in Asheville NC, 65 miles give or take. I think I see a field trip in my future because there's a chocolatier on Asheville with an awesome GF cheesecake and a Mast General Store and a great farmer's co-op.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    That looks amazing, Tami!

You know what else is amazing? Cool Whip Mix-ins Oreo flavor! I got a tub of it yesterday. There was no stopping once I tried it. I ate the entire thing like it was ice cream. B)

I need this!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Oh, boy, it's gonna be a long day. There is no common sense in my office this morning. And I am on Planet Distracted. I have typed "2108" as the year 3-4 times this morning.

I am REALLY tired and had to look at this for a long time to see what was wrong with it :D
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Yes, Yes you will be. My closest is 1:30 or so away. I go about every 2 months and leave looking like a hoarder.
    :grin:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Biscoff cookie butter/toffee ice cream cake. Currently sitting in my freezer for 4th of July BBQ. Oh, man!

4r4lpxz20pya.jpg
    sdq0en7w8k6o.jpg
    2atzvzypix4p.jpg
    yuzwrkhi5eo1.jpg
    bnvpf8y9th4a.jpg
    5a3it1b0k830.jpg

OMG! That looks heavenly.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Biscoff cookie butter/toffee ice cream cake. Currently sitting in my freezer for 4th of July BBQ. Oh, man!

4r4lpxz20pya.jpg
    sdq0en7w8k6o.jpg
    2atzvzypix4p.jpg
    yuzwrkhi5eo1.jpg
    bnvpf8y9th4a.jpg
    5a3it1b0k830.jpg

OMG! That looks heavenly.

Totally!

Happy 4th all!
  • Oberon21
    Options

I guess because I've never been one to cook for myself Trader Joe's doesn't really do anything for me. We have one near the barn.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I took off too, but work is so crazy right now I decided to work, but from my mom's.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Packing my bags for a night in Atlanta before the Peachtree road race Wednesday!!!

Not prepared, but a baseline for next year.... Right??? Sweaty pics in about 38 hours 🤣

Good luck! I've heard that is a fun one!
  • Oberon21
    edited July 2018
    Options

I never heard of cookie butter. But I saw an ad for avocado butter the other day. It's vegan. I want to try it!

ETA: what is the dirty eaters thread?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    We're having a heat wave by British standards and I would happily eat my own body weight in ice cream. Instead I'm alternating real ice cream with blitzed frozen bananas and raspberries. Surprisingly good and the toddler genuinely believes it's ice cream. Win!

It's been super hot here too.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    2ntel9u5dnt9.jpg

Two days ago, I ordered this dress from JCP. It was $33. I was looking on JCPs site today and it's on sale for $15.99.

I call customer service. Tell the woman I want the sale price. She says that if it's been more than 10 minutes since I ordered, she can't do anything. I'll have to return it and buy another one at the sale price.

While I talking on the phone with her, one of those little customer service text boxes pops up on the JPC website, offering to help me with anything. I decide, what the heck, and type in that I would like the sale price and give the order number. I immediately get a response back saying, "Absolutely. I am refunding your $17.01 right now." I tell the texting person what happened with the phone person and text person says that isn't right, they always price match.

I'm glad I didn't give up with just the phone call, but what a bunch of *kitten*.

The dress is super cute.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I realized something today. I'm still carrying around something my foster dad (the real relationship is more complicated - "family friend who he and his wife took me in after my mom died when I was 18" is more accurate but longer to say) said to me. I was getting my life together after my divorce, I'd lost 50lbs and was looking good. Was down to 211, so I had a ways to go, but it was my lowest adult weight.

Went back to visit and he sees me and says "You under 200lbs yet?"

Me: "No"

Him: "You really need to get under 200."

Me: "I'm working on it."

All the pride in my accomplishment is gone at this point. It was like all that work was nothing because I hadn't hit this magic number. And yes, every time weight had come up in the 12 or so years previous, that was the number he trotted out.

Never did hit that magic number. Gained it all back. I'm losing it again, but I've realized I haven't dealt with my disappointment and hurt and anger at this situation. I wish I could go tell him how I feel, but I can't. He was diagnosed with ALS not too long after this and died six months later.

Would it have been so hard to say "Good job!" or, knowing him: "Good job! But you still have a ways to go, don't slack off now." I could have dealt with that second one just fine.

I really need to let this go, and I'm having a hard time doing it.

Sorry for the novel. I need to get this out or else I"m gonna just eat the feelings, and I don't want to do that, so thanks for reading.

I feel your pain. I got much the same from my family. It feels much like being thrown under the bus psycologically.

Really though it is no one bisiness but your own. There will always be some lost soul that will take it on to themselves to inform you that you are something other than what you are suppose to be. Don’t let them bother you, they are just tourist in the making if your life.

Besides your whole life does not revolve around what weight you are.

Here are some mile stones other than weight you can be proud of
    Are you stronger
    Are you healthyer
    Do you have better endurance
    Are you intelligent
    Are you kind
    Are you a positive influence in others lives

I am sure there are many great qualities you possess. Don’t let anyone put you in a box.

Excellent advice Wendy. My family is also like this. I've learned not to expect anything from them. Although I am always still disappointed.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Is it a sharky day, @raymax4? 🙂

The shark always makes me smile.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I have eaten SO MUCH food in the past 2 days for my birthday! (Just dinners and desserts..all other meal were normal)
    Yesterday, I had 8 (!) slices of deep dish veggie pizza, fries, and a pb cup dessert topped with ice cream and whipped cream. Then got home and had more ice cream!
    Tonight, I shared buffalo fries with blue cheese dipping sauce and fried pickles with a delicious dipping sauce. Then I had a HUGE veggie burger (the most delicious thing ever!) and sweet potato wedge fries...I ate half and brought the rest home. Then for dessert, I had the biggest chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich known to man. Like seriously massive!
    It was all so good, but I'm ready to get back to normal eating tomorrow...other than the second half to tonight's dinner.

Happy belated birthday, Kelly. Glad ypu enjoyed it!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Oh, boy, it's gonna be a long day. There is no common sense in my office this morning. And I am on Planet Distracted. I have typed "2108" as the year 3-4 times this morning.

I am REALLY tired and had to look at this for a long time to see what was wrong with it :D

So you felt my pain.