Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    We beat the lean assessment!!! We worked faster than he expected AND we don't have as many examples of problems as he wanted to see.
    My director is meeting with his boss to "regroup" tomorrow or Friday, but I am definitely chalking one up for the good gals (and our 3 token guys).
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Kelly, it sounds like you had a great birthday!!! Birthday calories don't count. If you are still walking half as much as you have been, it should be no problem for you. Glad you thoroughly enjoyed it!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I have eaten SO MUCH food in the past 2 days for my birthday! (Just dinners and desserts..all other meal were normal)
    Yesterday, I had 8 (!) slices of deep dish veggie pizza, fries, and a pb cup dessert topped with ice cream and whipped cream. Then got home and had more ice cream!
    Tonight, I shared buffalo fries with blue cheese dipping sauce and fried pickles with a delicious dipping sauce. Then I had a HUGE veggie burger (the most delicious thing ever!) and sweet potato wedge fries...I ate half and brought the rest home. Then for dessert, I had the biggest chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich known to man. Like seriously massive!
    It was all so good, but I'm ready to get back to normal eating tomorrow...other than the second half to tonight's dinner.

That all sounds delicious. YUM! Happy belated birthday!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    We beat the lean assessment!!! We worked faster than he expected AND we don't have as many examples of problems as he wanted to see.
    My director is meeting with his boss to "regroup" tomorrow or Friday, but I am definitely chalking one up for the good gals (and our 3 token guys).

Woo hoo! That's awesome!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I have eaten SO MUCH food in the past 2 days for my birthday! (Just dinners and desserts..all other meal were normal)
    Yesterday, I had 8 (!) slices of deep dish veggie pizza, fries, and a pb cup dessert topped with ice cream and whipped cream. Then got home and had more ice cream!
    Tonight, I shared buffalo fries with blue cheese dipping sauce and fried pickles with a delicious dipping sauce. Then I had a HUGE veggie burger (the most delicious thing ever!) and sweet potato wedge fries...I ate half and brought the rest home. Then for dessert, I had the biggest chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich known to man. Like seriously massive!
    It was all so good, but I'm ready to get back to normal eating tomorrow...other than the second half to tonight's dinner.

I love that you know how to celebrate! Happy belated birthday!
  • raymax4
    Options
    deagh93 wrote: »
    I realized something today. I'm still carrying around something my foster dad (the real relationship is more complicated - "family friend who he and his wife took me in after my mom died when I was 18" is more accurate but longer to say) said to me. I was getting my life together after my divorce, I'd lost 50lbs and was looking good. Was down to 211, so I had a ways to go, but it was my lowest adult weight.

Went back to visit and he sees me and says "You under 200lbs yet?"

Me: "No"

Him: "You really need to get under 200."

Me: "I'm working on it."

All the pride in my accomplishment is gone at this point. It was like all that work was nothing because I hadn't hit this magic number. And yes, every time weight had come up in the 12 or so years previous, that was the number he trotted out.

Never did hit that magic number. Gained it all back. I'm losing it again, but I've realized I haven't dealt with my disappointment and hurt and anger at this situation. I wish I could go tell him how I feel, but I can't. He was diagnosed with ALS not too long after this and died six months later.

Would it have been so hard to say "Good job!" or, knowing him: "Good job! But you still have a ways to go, don't slack off now." I could have dealt with that second one just fine.

I really need to let this go, and I'm having a hard time doing it.

Sorry for the novel. I need to get this out or else I"m gonna just eat the feelings, and I don't want to do that, so thanks for reading.

I feel your pain. I got much the same from my family. It feels much like being thrown under the bus psycologically.

Really though it is no one bisiness but your own. There will always be some lost soul that will take it on to themselves to inform you that you are something other than what you are suppose to be. Don’t let them bother you, they are just tourist in the making if your life.

Besides your whole life does not revolve around what weight you are.

Here are some mile stones other than weight you can be proud of
    Are you stronger
    Are you healthyer
    Do you have better endurance
    Are you intelligent
    Are you kind
    Are you a positive influence in others lives

I am sure there are many great qualities you possess. Don’t let anyone put you in a box.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Happy belated birthday! All the food sounds delicious especially the ice cream!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Is it a sharky day, @raymax4? 🙂
  • raymax4
    edited June 2018
    Options

I've gotten plenty of protein.

It's also for any one else here that may need it.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    I realized something today. I'm still carrying around something my foster dad (the real relationship is more complicated - "family friend who he and his wife took me in after my mom died when I was 18" is more accurate but longer to say) said to me. I was getting my life together after my divorce, I'd lost 50lbs and was looking good. Was down to 211, so I had a ways to go, but it was my lowest adult weight.

Went back to visit and he sees me and says "You under 200lbs yet?"

Me: "No"

Him: "You really need to get under 200."

Me: "I'm working on it."

All the pride in my accomplishment is gone at this point. It was like all that work was nothing because I hadn't hit this magic number. And yes, every time weight had come up in the 12 or so years previous, that was the number he trotted out.

Never did hit that magic number. Gained it all back. I'm losing it again, but I've realized I haven't dealt with my disappointment and hurt and anger at this situation. I wish I could go tell him how I feel, but I can't. He was diagnosed with ALS not too long after this and died six months later.

Would it have been so hard to say "Good job!" or, knowing him: "Good job! But you still have a ways to go, don't slack off now." I could have dealt with that second one just fine.

I really need to let this go, and I'm having a hard time doing it.

Sorry for the novel. I need to get this out or else I"m gonna just eat the feelings, and I don't want to do that, so thanks for reading.

Definitely better to vent here than eat your feelings. I don't know how much you weigh now, but instead of focusing on less than 200lbs, maybe get yourself a small gift card from your favorite store for every 5 or 10lbs and save them for something expensive that you'd like. (My niece is paying herself in gift cards for A's and B's because she's gone back to school. She finished her associates years ago, but needs her BS for a promotion at work. I totally stole this from her.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

I've gotten plenty of protein.

It's also for any one else here that may need it.

@deagh93 YOU are also super great.
    @raymax4 go get 'em
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks, y'all, for listening and for the kind words. I weigh 242 at the moment, by the by. So 31lbs heavier than my lightest adult weight, but I'm back to 20lbs down from my heaviest, so that's something. Endurance is starting to come back, too. That first time back on the stationary bike? That was not a good scene. And running? Well. Know that scene from Winter Soldier where Captain America is running around the Washington Mall and keeps going "On your left!"? I feel like an asthmatic water buffalo would be doing that to me right now. But it's getting better.
  • quiksylver296
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I keep indulging on ice cream after I finish my food diary for the day. Ugh.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options

I ate two different custards last night... Albeit low cal low fat - I still ate TWO!!!

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Thanks, y'all, for listening and for the kind words. I weigh 242 at the moment, by the by. So 31lbs heavier than my lightest adult weight, but I'm back to 20lbs down from my heaviest, so that's something. Endurance is starting to come back, too. That first time back on the stationary bike? That was not a good scene. And running? Well. Know that scene from Winter Soldier where Captain America is running around the Washington Mall and keeps going "On your left!"? I feel like an asthmatic water buffalo would be doing that to me right now. But it's getting better.

But Hawk can fly. Don't worry about Captain America. Be the best you and try to make that a little better every day.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    edited June 2018
    Options

I fully intend to have home made ice cream and French fries for dinner tonight. Our summer concert series has started and my favorite food truck will be there and my friends' coffee shop serves home made ice cream now.
  • raymax4
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »

I ate two different custards last night... Albeit low cal low fat - I still ate TWO!!!

Were they in your calories
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    becky3695 wrote: »

Were they in your calories

otnkj995x7g1.png

Yes - this is how my day ended yesterday