Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Confession:
    I just made dinner reservations for Saturday night an lied and said it was my birthday hoping for a free cake.
    TBH, my birthday is later this month and I will be out of town every weekend until after.

Is this bad?

Did you get free cake? If no, it's bad. :D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession:
    I just made dinner reservations for Saturday night an lied and said it was my birthday hoping for a free cake.
    TBH, my birthday is later this month and I will be out of town every weekend until after.

Is this bad?

Did you get free cake? If no, it's bad. :D

Yeah did you get the cake? Was it good?
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I will let y'all know Monday about the free cake
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    VENT

My ex husband is a real special POS. We have been divorced since 2011 and he has never paid a dime towards our kids medical or dental expenses. I talked to him earlier this year bc our youngest has had significant medicals this year, and he agreed to pay a portion. Not half, but a portion. Something is better than nothing, right?

On Labor day, my youngest hands me an envelope containing $300 and said it was from dad. I was so shocked that he actually followed thru.

Today, I thanked him and his wife.... guess what. They didn't send it. My 17 yr old daughter gave it to me to cover for her dad.

I am sitting here at my desk crying bc 1- my daughter was trying so hard to be independent, 2 - she felt like she had to cover for him, and 3 - he is such a POS! I am sick to my stomach thinking about this!!! I am so proud of her and so furious at him all at the same time.

That sucks. A lot. Except for your daughter - how sweet!

I am forever thankful that I did not have kids with my ex.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Confession: I've been fibbing on my food diary for months. I close it out at goal numbers, and then always end up a couple hundred calories over goal. Which is still under maintenance, at least. I report the fake numbers to my trainer, too. :#

So you're lying to mfp, but not the trainer. I guess we know which one scares you more. 😁
    When is the national weightlifting meet?

I haven't been tracking at all so you have me beat.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Confession:

Is this bad?

Not if it's your birthday dinner. You're screwed if they check ID though.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    I will let y'all know Monday about the free cake

I was wondering how you could know on Wednesday if you would get cake on Saturday.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    VENT

My ex husband is a real special POS. We have been divorced since 2011 and he has never paid a dime towards our kids medical or dental expenses. I talked to him earlier this year bc our youngest has had significant medicals this year, and he agreed to pay a portion. Not half, but a portion. Something is better than nothing, right?

On Labor day, my youngest hands me an envelope containing $300 and said it was from dad. I was so shocked that he actually followed thru.

Today, I thanked him and his wife.... guess what. They didn't send it. My 17 yr old daughter gave it to me to cover for her dad.

I am sitting here at my desk crying bc 1- my daughter was trying so hard to be independent, 2 - she felt like she had to cover for him, and 3 - he is such a POS! I am sick to my stomach thinking about this!!! I am so proud of her and so furious at him all at the same time.

First, I 💕 your kid. You've done something right.
    Second, I would have to give the back her money.
    Finally, please God, the POS will feel guilty now that you have accidentally ratted her out and do the right thing.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Whew...just read 3368 pages of this thread...well not just now, but over the last 3 months.
    Confession: you all inspired me to lose 36 pounds since 5/29. Lost that weight ten times over in my "dieting" career. Apparently, I always skipped the chapter on maintenance in the "diet" books I read, and erroneously thought I could eat ALL THE FOOD. Nope...will always need to monitor what I'm stuffing in my mouth.
    You guys are great...make that SUPER GREAT. I will confess that now that I'm at the end, I'll have to find a new hobby.

This is all super great!! That is some dedication! If you can comment to reading all this, you can do anything lol
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    VENT

I have no words for this! I am so sorry!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    VENT

First, I 💕 your kid. You've done something right.
    Second, I would have to give the back her money.
    Finally, please God, the POS will feel guilty now that you have accidentally ratted her out and do the right thing.

I would too.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: I've been fibbing on my food diary for months. I close it out at goal numbers, and then always end up a couple hundred calories over goal. Which is still under maintenance, at least. I report the fake numbers to my trainer, too. :#

So you're lying to mfp, but not the trainer. I guess we know which one scares you more. 😁

I am lying to my trainer. :s

October 19! Six weeks!
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options

I am loving your honesty. You are now even more of an inspiration because of your willingness to be honest and open.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Whew...just read 3368 pages of this thread...well not just now, but over the last 3 months.
    Confession: you all inspired me to lose 36 pounds since 5/29. Lost that weight ten times over in my "dieting" career. Apparently, I always skipped the chapter on maintenance in the "diet" books I read, and erroneously thought I could eat ALL THE FOOD. Nope...will always need to monitor what I'm stuffing in my mouth.
    You guys are great...make that SUPER GREAT. I will confess that now that I'm at the end, I'll have to find a new hobby.

Welcome to the Confessions Club! Full reading of the thread is not a requirement, but it does get you extra credit.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    VENT

That is terrible from your ex, but in good news, your daughter is AMAZING and I'm sure that's in no small part down to you.
  • melissafeagins
    edited September 2019
    Options

I am lying to my trainer. :s

October 19! Six weeks!

Time to stop lying and get serious, Sister!!

Also, obviously I wasn't capable of reading for comprehension. Sorry.
  • melissafeagins
    Options
    Geez, what a week. I meant to go to work tomorrow while no one is there, but I don't think I am going to go.
    Way back in March my supervisor I loved as friend and boss moved to another department and I interviewed for her job, which they gave to another person on my team. I consider that person a friend but she has been in over her head as my boss since day one. I rarely think my department director makes mistakes, but she did this time. Maybe she shouldn't have picked me, but she shouldn't have picked J either.
    I have been hesitant to complain about her and even took a write-up for something she told me to do because it was verbal instruction and I could not price she said it and I didn't want it to be seen as sour grapes that I didn't get the job. (And really, I did know that I should have asked someone with a clue.)
    There have been other incidents where she hasn't done the right thing or has just failed to do anything at all and I haven't said anything because I didn't get that job. But Monday she actually yelled at me and now I have a conundrum. Denni says I should quit if it isn't resolved to my satisfaction. My department director has asked me to work through this with J so the director knows if I can resolve conflict.
    Somewhere in the back of my mind, I have put October 11 as DDay for deciding whether to find a new job. And I have no idea what I think a satisfactory resolution is.
    I do know the operations manager needs another supervisor and I think my director wants to give it me, but she didn't actually say so.

TL;DR pray for me, I need wisdom
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @melissafeagins Works issues suck so bad. It’s like a feud in your second family. I like that you have a “do or die” date in mind.

Prayers for you! I know you are an asset to the organization.