Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I was meant to be working from home today while looking after a two year old and four year old. We had a power cut from 9am-4pm so we spent the rather sunny day playing in the garden instead. I've got a lot of hours to somehow make up but I regret NOTHING!
  • spamarie
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    I went to Walmart at 6 am. I was able to get everything on my list except chicken breast. Had to settle for thighs. The store was VERY picked over.

This is Kevin in the TP aisle lq4sok11ifrf.jpeg

I see your photo and raise you an entire store!
    Alcohol
    l2k49a6ni4du.jpeg

Meat
    tjo11f1r8ab0.jpeg

Ready/microwave meals
    0poixdj3jnbl.jpeg

Bread
    xh6e5nlzu273.jpeg

The whole country has gone insane!

Don't talk to me about milk. Milk may be the end of me!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    My local government enacted a lockdown. State still has not.

Everyone sane today??
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Everyone sane today??

Sane-ish. :laugh:

Getting ready to do some Youtube yoga.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options

Everyone sane today??

Sane? I am not sure what that word means.

Last Wednesday we had 1 case in my health system's service area. This week we have 20. Most of them are people who traveled somewhere else and people who live with them.
    Actually, I trust our disaster plan (One of our 21 hospitals is empty in case we need it as an isolation facility and we are doing everything we can to limit admissions in all of them. We have done a handful of life-saving surgeries, but nothing even remotely elective.) and I think we implemented closing things down locally in time, but we have some fools who traveled for spring break last week and I am afraid that they may have brought back more of it.
    They are trying to get as many non-clinical staff as possible working from home, but they can't move us all because of HIPAA, so we will see how that goes for me. I am definitely not in the first wave of work from home, even though my remote logins and all that works.

In other news, the rear brakes on our Honda died yesterday and today my car had a flat. That on a normal day would be insane.
  • quiksylver296
    edited March 2020
    Options
    First day working from home with hubby home. Twenty-six minutes into it, and I'm already irritated at him. I had a little routine going, and he's throwing it off!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    First day working from home with hubby home. Twenty-six minutes into it, and I'm already irritated at him. I had a little routine going, and he's throwing it off!

I worked with mine yesterday... we did ok. BUT today - thank GOD I'm reporting on an alternating schedule!!! He woke up at 4 AM snipping!

I'm dreading tomorrow!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Yikes. We have a stay home work safe madate here, not quite on lockdown yet. Had a brush yesterday, had to help with a patient that we thought was for pneumonia, but later was being tested for Covid-19. Haven't been sent home to quarantine because we don't know if the patient is positive yet.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Yikes, stay safe! @crosbylee

Hubby still has to work as a first responder. I fully expect we'll be exposed at some point. It's not if, it's when, in our house.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Same here. I am just grateful at this point that I am not losing hours at work.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I'm getting paid to work from home. So thankful we aren't being impacted financially. So many people can't say the same.
  • quiksylver296
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I haven't worn a real bra, real pants, or any makeup in a week and a half. Going back to the office is gonna suck. :laugh:
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I haven't worn a real bra, real pants, or any makeup in a week and a half. Going back to the office is gonna suck. :laugh:

Even on days I’ve reported to the office - my hair has been in a ponytail, no makeup and a race tee. Been wearing jeans. Not sure if I want to push it and wear shorts.

Today from home I did put on pants ans shoes, tee and sports bra. Still no makeup🤣

We have a zoom meeting at noon - not putting on makeup for this either
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Even on days I’ve reported to the office - my hair has been in a ponytail, no makeup and a race tee. Been wearing jeans. Not sure if I want to push it and wear shorts.

Today from home I did put on pants ans shoes, tee and sports bra. Still no makeup🤣

We have a zoom meeting at noon - not putting on makeup for this either

I had a team Zoom meeting yesterday, and they got bare face, lank hair and sweats. LOL
  • spamarie
    Options
    I only work 16 hours a week and can do most of my role from home just fine, but fitting that in without childcare is extremely challenging. They're 2 and 4 and can't really entertain themselves unsupervised for any time at all. I hate that I'm having to work every day and work evenings to make up my part time job, losing what little free time I had. Obviously I'm glad I still have a job but I could scream at anyone who complains of being bored. I DREAM of having time to be bored!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    And my dad started chemo this week. What impeccable timing!

I know my kids and hubby and I are pretty low risk, but I worry something will happen to my dad and I won't be able to go and comfort my mum.

Got pretty serious right there. Please go back to drowning peanut butter in the rubbish bin and cling film wraps! As you were.

Yikes! That's scary. Prayers for your dad.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    And my dad started chemo this week. What impeccable timing!

I know my kids and hubby and I are pretty low risk, but I worry something will happen to my dad and I won't be able to go and comfort my mum.

Got pretty serious right there. Please go back to drowning peanut butter in the rubbish bin and cling film wraps! As you were.

How is dad doing??