Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Khovde07 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Did that taste as disgusting as it sounds?

I used to sprinkle hot chocolate powder over vanilla ice cream. Yum!

This sounds good.

Oh, it *is* good! Particularly Starbucks Mint Hot Chocolate mix. Oh yes.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love to eat in the morning and it does not matter what it is. Leftovers from dinner esp. if I have take out is the best....

I go to bed early at times because I know that this way the next thing I'll do when I get up is eat whatever I have planned for breakfast...
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed when someone asks to have everything handed to them and they don't want to do a ounce of research on their own.

People who say a calorie is just a calorie drive me nuts
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Oh my god I love this! I need to get this off my chest. Here goes...

My name is Kayla. I'm trying to lose weight and I hate most vegetables.

Hi Kayla, I'm Jessica, and you are not alone in this.

Oh thank god! It's so hard getting recipe ideas for healthy meals that aren't entirely veggies. And when you say you don't like veggies on a site like MFP, it's like blasphemy or something! Haha

I don't like most veggies either. I take a multi vit a day, and I don't even sweat it.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    AmillB wrote: »
    This is suppose to be NON JUDGING but many of you are still doing it smh I would hate to make a post for people to speak freely about things they indulge in to be judged by individuals who need to look in the mirror #noshade #notea and FYI I love a good waist trimmer has never caused me heat stroke or any other side effects everything has risk Get it together people
    SMH at you judging them right back. Meow.

I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

Not to be mean or rude but it really sounds like you've developed a disorder. It sounds like food and the preparation of food has consumed you which is not healthy.
    Yep. Big time.
    I get annoyed when someone asks to have everything handed to them and they don't want to do a ounce of research on their own.

People who say a calorie is just a calorie drive me nuts
    Not trying to derail the thread, but LOL!
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I am soooo glad to see I am not alone in my poor logging habits. When I am trying to be good about logging I have been known to post overages onto tomorrow. I usually don't log my exercise, but if my food intake is over, I will, even if I need to post yesterday's unlogged exercise onto today to make the numbers green. Then eventually I just say "Screw it" and don't bother logging.

If I order a pizza I will eat a pizza. That is my kryptonite food.

hot chocolate powder doesn't sound good. Kool-aid powder on the other hand...that was a teenage favorite of mine. Haven't done it in years, but was a bit tempted a few days ago.

I am proud of myself for one thing after reading this thread... The thing I am drooling over the most (and about to go Google where I can get one) is a pedal kayak. That sounds like amazing fun.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Nutella in fear that I may love it and wont be able to give it up...Same reason I cant have a jar of peanut butter in the house. :\
  • ValentineNicole
    ValentineNicole Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    When I have my period
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Just before my period, I get huge cravings for really bad-for-me food... This week, in 2 days I ate a whole package of Oreos. (But I had them with skim milk! Does that help at all?)
    I really wish menopause would happen soon. (No chance; it's probably at least another 5 years away.) :disappointed:
    The rest of the month, I can take it or leave it. Those few days, no cookie or chip is safe.

When I *have* my period (not PMS), the only thing that controls my cramps is a high fat diet. This weekend, I had more ground pork with rice than I care to admit, all because I could hardly move and needed dietary fat.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    Another one: I'm envious of people that poop regularly.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jazzine1 wrote: »
    I've never tried Nutella in fear that I may love it and wont be able to give it up...Same reason I cant have a jar of peanut butter in the house. :\

That's why I haven't tried that cookie butter yet...
  • DiChic74
    DiChic74 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Last night I closed out my diary entry for the day and then proceeded to eat a store-baked red velvet cookie the size of my head. Didn't log it.

I spend WAY too much time reading MFP forums at work when I should be working....and my boss sits 20 feet from me so I have to "pretend" I am doing something important.

I hate to work out. I hate to sweat. I hate gyms. I am a true couch potato.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

That's why I haven't tried that cookie butter yet...

11NHnqWMxxRquc.gif
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    The days I don't finish logging or don't log at all are the days I drink 4+ alcoholic drinks. I need to log those days to acknowledge the caloric reality of it. And I just need to quit drinking so damn much.

Agreed - I log my vodka but I know Im not getting enough "useful" calories and still make enough room for my cocktails after work first :(

• jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    To the guy that cut me off on my cycling commute and pushed me off the road and then drove off, yeah, when I finally followed you and found out where you worked? That was me that let the air out of your tires every Friday for 2 months. Sorry. not at all.

And I keyed your car.

Can I hire you to do me a favor?? :D I have a car I want vandalized... Just kidding.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

I used to feel the same way, then my neurologist put me on a magnesium supplement for my migraines. There were... side benefits. CHANGED MY LIFE.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    Really not that great, IMO! PB all the way!
    Fibre much?
  • jkwolly
    Options

I used to feel the same way, then my neurologist put me on a magnesium supplement for my migraines. There were... side benefits. CHANGED MY LIFE.
    Magnesium for migraines? Interesting.
    How much do you take and how often?

I take heavy duty triptan drugs when I have a migraine, but also take fish oils to help reduce their frequency.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

I take Magnesium at night (though, if you don't mind answering - what is your dosage?). I also get plenty of fiber, water and fat. I poop with a stool to make it easier, too.

I'm on a few different medications that cause stoppage. Even my pharmacist is at a loss how to help.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Really not that great, IMO! PB all the way!
    Fibre much?

I average around 30g a day :)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

Magnesium for migraines? Interesting.
    How much do you take and how often?

I take heavy duty triptan drugs when I have a migraine, but also take fish oils to help reduce their frequency.

Oh, the magnesium is part of the arsenal of maintenance drugs. I can't take triptans for rescue drugs, so I have DHE and Compazine for when one hits. I also get Botox staggered with nerve block injections. I'm on a dose of 800mg triple magnesium complex and also take CoQ-10 and B-2 daily. It's a vitamin cocktail that a lot of neuro's are prescribing now for migraineurs. I also take Butterbur, Topamax, and Cymbalta daily. My migraines are pretty hardcore.