Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Melbo89
    Melbo89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Everyday I take a bite of my child's peanut butter jelly bagel and don't log it. She gets so mad, but it looks so good.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    I watched my boyfriend fall off of a ridge while we were scrambling last summer. He was airlifted off of the mountain (I had to leave him to go get help-no choice), ended up in critical care for a week and had a total of 12 days spent in the hospital. Every time I can't get a hold of him, I get terrified that something's happened and I'm not there. I used to worry about him in an abstract sort of way, but after seeing/dealing with it first-hand like that, I'm a lot more anxious and clingy around him. He's tolerant of it for now, but I'm afraid I'm going to push him away eventually if I can't learn to trust him to take care of himself again.

How scary! I'm sure I'd be the same way. I guess the thing you can keep telling yourself is that he survived this, he's strong to survive something else, but I really hope nothing else bad happens!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    @LBuehrle8‌ & @fitfatty88‌ Thanks for the words of advice. I just scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday.

Great! I'm behind on this thread and didn't have time to respond to your first post, but mainly because you received really good advice from others already (better than I could have added).
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    When I relocated several years ago, my mother told me I needed to make new friends. So I met other women and tried to do the friend thing. Most of them complained about their husbands. I told my husband, I always felt awkward because I had nothing to complain about and really couldn't relate. He said I should make something up if it would make me feel better. He is so totally awesome! I thought about it but didn't. Then I realized these women seemed to get something out of the drama and the being unhappy. It was then that I decided that my husband and my four long distance friends were enough.

This has been my experience exactly! And, I do have things to complain about as far as my husband (and that goes both ways, I'm sure), but I don't feel the need to or want to. I don't get into all the whining and complaining. If it's that bad move on! So many choose to make their spouse miserable because THEY are miserable either don't know how or choose to not deal with their own issues.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I'm glad (?) to see that a lot of people don't have friends locally as well. In high school I had a lot of friends and was very social. Then I went to a small private college where none of my friends were able to get accepted/afford and got into a field that a lot of people don't really understand or accept - especially for a female. Plus I was very obese and still the people in my field kind of excluded me for that. Moved back home and left the friends that did understand me. Started my Master's degree online which took a little over two years and helped me to seclude myself even more. Was in a very stressful relationship at the time as well and binge ate my way through both. I'm done with all of that now and I have acquaintances at work and one who goes to the gym with me occasionally, but being that I'm only at this job temporarily and my degrees are in something a bit morbid..people don't get it and don't usually like to hang around for very long. I get why they don't like or understand it, but I mean..it's what I'm passionate about and truly believe it's my calling sooo.. If people don't like it, I can't really help them with that. Plus a lot of my friends from high school are married/engaged/having babies and I'm just over here like, "hey, isn't my dog super cute?"[/quote]

This is my youngest son exactly! Don't feel pressured or like you are "behind" simply because a lot of your prior friends are doing these things. If you CHOOSE to, that's fine. Otherwise, from what I've seen with my kids and their friends, at that age you are just trying to figure out which direction you want to take for your life and sometimes they rush into relationships, marriages, children, etc. and then regret it later for not taking the time to enjoy themselves. Just enjoy your dog and be happy!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have a choreographer sleeping in my guest room.

It amuses me to think that the people I do Zumba with do not know that I used to be a professional dancer and that some of the people I hang out with as friends are the people that they workship on videos.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    HUNGRiiE wrote: »
    I no longer have any motivation to go to the gym :(

Never WAIT for motivation to hit - just go! You will always feel better after you workout, I promise.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    When I was going to school and had an 8 am class, because of the long commute I had to wake up at around 4:30 am. Somehow this made it so I now wake up like clockwork around that hour and the only thing that makes me go back to sleep is eating breakfast.My breakfast is usually a cup of source 35 yogurt, 2 cups of granola and a cup of frozen berries :( Which I think is a lot especially for that hour but its the only thing I feel satisfied with.

Any way to make better use of that time by working out? Or maybe yoga? Have something light to eat if you really need it, but you may find some physical activity even more satisfying. Just a thought.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Vixenmd1 wrote: »
    Here is a random confession/ fact brough on by reading people talk about finally being able to wear thier wedding rings again.. I have freakishly small hands, skinny and short fingers, and wrists. My ring finger is a 4 and my rings fit at 227 and at 150. Actually my left hand finger my ering is sized to a 3 3/4 so it won't slip off.

I am 5 9 and wear a 9 1/2 shoe and even at goal have a bigger frame esp hips and sholders.

When I shop for rings the salespeople never believe me and resize my hand everytime. BUT rings look great on me since I can wear a small stone and have it look huge LOL My bracelets all have to be kid size since my wrists is like 5 inches.

my husband calls them chicken wrists or my burger king hands (old commerical).

The hardest thing I did when learning to ride my motorcycle (harley softail deluxe)is figure out how to get my hands to operate the control with my tiny finger span.

It sort looks like someone put a much smaller persons hand at the end of my arms.

It must!

I am about your height and shoe size...I have a metabolic issue that is causing my hands and feet to get really thin in order for my body to hold on to belly fat...but I still wear a size 8.5 or 9 ring. I think my wrists are 6.75 inches around. My hands and wrists are proportional to my body, but really without any extra fat at this point.

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    My last two confessions have been deep and feelful. Here's some small ones to lighten the mood!

Confession: I have Siri set to call me, "Oh, Great Bearded One." When she responds, "What do you need me to do, Oh Great Bearded One?" I lol. Every time.

Confession: Earlier this week, I worked from home an extra day and blamed it on Thing 1 not feeling good and needing to be around in case he had to be picked up from daycare. Today at noon, daycare called and told me to come pick up Thing 2 because she wasn't feeling well.

Confession: My wife is, um, top heavy. I have various boob-related nicknames for her, and by various I mean at least more than 10. For a while, her name in my phone was Lady Popems McBoobsalot.

These are hilarious! And, lesson learned: never use your kids as an excuse for something because then they WILL provide you with a reason at an inopportune time.
  • thedaydreamer92
    thedaydreamer92 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I exercise in the nude.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    kismet1428 wrote: »
    My confession is that I don't know what I like to do. My world was taking care of my daughter, she's grown and I seriously have no clue what I am interested in and no idea of how to figure it out.

This reminded me of something I read one time: what is something you do that you get so involved in that you completely lose track of time? For me, that was a great question because I basically have nothing like that. I'm okay with it for now, but if I ever start to feel really restless I'll experiment with hobbies and activities until I find something that fits this description. Start exploring - I'm sure you'll find something!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Now it's quiet here and I'm kind of embarrassed by my last post.

Don't be. You're amongst friends, even if we're not all here at the moment. I think we all have a secret motivation, even if it's just a little thing.

Yep, that is true. Good for you for sharing and you're right - at least try to find out one way or the other for sure how he feels so that you can move on, wherever that may be.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I'm a bit freaked out right now. I volunteered to substitute teach an aquatic class of pregnant women and I have no clue what women go through during pregnancy. The only knowledge I have is through modules on special populations in the three fitness certifications I earned.

Sounds like you have enough training to know exactly what to do. I'm sure you'll do great!
  • beccam83
    beccam83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I exercise in the nude.

In public? You must be v popular at your gym :p
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    My weekend was awesome food wise until Saturday night, stupid trivia,where I snacked on Pickles rolled in ham and cream cheese, tostitos, hummus, a pickled hot dog, and about 2 gallons of diet pepsi. when I say snacked on, I mean, was eating it like I was in a buffet line. gobbledygook, gotta wait for my sodium levels to even out so I can see how much of this weight is water retention.

Pickled hot dogs and grits sticks. I think I'm living under a food rock lately.
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    ethim wrote: »
    I dont have tons of friends, but now that my kids are a little older I kind of can't wait to plan a solo weekend away. Other moms have acted like I was nuts when I said that, but I fully trust their dad to take care of them, and I really hate the idea that moms can't take a break every now and then without feeling guilty.

When my kids were young I used to go off on a weekend twice a year alone. We had moved to a new state and I took off on my weekend leaving my husband in charge as usual. He called me the first morning I was gone totally indignant. Three of the neighborhood women had called to see if he needed any help getting the kids ready for school and one brought breakfast over.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    HUNGRiiE wrote: »
    I no longer have any motivation to go to the gym :(

Never WAIT for motivation to hit - just go! You will always feel better after you workout, I promise.

THIS, couldn't agree more!
  • Apriliskewl
    Options
    My confession is people think that I'm under the weight I actually am because I hide my belly and always put my hands on my hips and waist to make it look like I'm skinnier than I actual am (I have big hips and belly, while my waist is small) my boyfriend knows but he said it doesn't matter because he thinks I look great naked!
  • Christen_87
    Christen_87 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I keep eating the leftover cake in my freezer.... turns out its just as good frozen as it is warm and gooey.....every time I think I have it under control I END UP STUFFING MY FACE! Ugh I try to keep the junk food out of the house but with 2 kids and a husband who are not supportive this is getting really hard!!!