Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We have Cold Stone Creamery here but I've only eaten there once. :neutral_face: I'm never temped to go there either. Now, DQ, yum! aka, in for the Blizzards.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    ethim wrote: »

Definitely this. For various reasons I've always felt the odd one out and that friendships I have made have faded/been cut off. Not only does this mean it's more difficult to make friends - the more I put in the harder it will hurt when it ends - it also means I've grown pretty independent. I go on holiday alone, go to gigs alone, go to the cinema alone, go on excursions to art galleries/hiking/museums/new places alone. Sometimes I like it - I can do what I want... but I do feel ALONE.

I have a bunch of great, great friends (not trying to rub it in or anything) and I still like to go and do things on my own. Not having to consider "will everyone be able to eat something at this restaurant?" Or "if i invite my homies will i get stuck paying for their broke butts?" do great things for my psyche. Besides I really like being by myself. I am plotting on a one person vacation to Arizona, and am notorious for seeing movies by myself with a 40 stashed in my purse. I go to bars alone and read books while sipping martinis. More power to you for not depending on others to have some fun. Every person that is capable of being on their own will eventually make a great companion because you know who YOU are and what YOU want.

I totally agree. When I used to go to bars, I would go on my own sometimes, I mean, you always meet people there anyway. And one of my favorite things now is to go to the movies on my own. Sometimes I won't even tell anyone I plan to see something to avoid someone wanting to come lol. I travel all day on my own at least one of my two days off, just doing my own thing! I even will go for lunch at a nice restaurant on my own, read a book or whatever.....I love it!

Confession: Sometimes when I just can't stand being at work for one minute longer I'll tell them I'm "sick" and I'll leave to go to a movie. There are no lines and usually only one or two other people in the theatre.

I feel a little guilty but then I stuff my face with popcorn and I feel better.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I got to page 15 of the Gym Pet Peeves and wish it was on live feed to see how angry some of these people are, the blood guy was the best. I too am a "rail holder" Judge away.

I made a comment on there about 'judging' 2 people at the gym but I'm scared to go back and see why they have quoted me. Either they are judging me for judging them or it's about the exercises.
  • 10ecmuscle
    10ecmuscle Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just ate a *kitten* load of Oreo's, and don't regret it.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession of the day, I have lived with my boyfriends mum and sister for nearly seven years now. Currently sitting in our bedroom (where we live, eat and sleep) all I can hear is his mum huffing and puffing and complaining. About what, I don't know, but it makes me want to burn this house down so I don't have to live here anymore. And before someone says 'you don't have to live there' currently where I live and work we will need at least £30,000.00 just for a deposit on a house. That doesn't include furnishing or paying fees. Does this make me want to bury my face in a chocolate cake? Yes. Yes it does. But instead I go swimming or walking, purely to get away from it all.
    Apologies, that was more of a rant than a confession, and due to my previous post (no friends) this is the only way I can feel better without getting a can of petrol and a lighter. Thank you!

I'll never get a deposit for a house :(
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession of the day, I have lived with my boyfriends mum and sister for nearly seven years now. Currently sitting in our bedroom (where we live, eat and sleep) all I can hear is his mum huffing and puffing and complaining. About what, I don't know, but it makes me want to burn this house down so I don't have to live here anymore. And before someone says 'you don't have to live there' currently where I live and work we will need at least £30,000.00 just for a deposit on a house. That doesn't include furnishing or paying fees. Does this make me want to bury my face in a chocolate cake? Yes. Yes it does. But instead I go swimming or walking, purely to get away from it all.
    Apologies, that was more of a rant than a confession, and due to my previous post (no friends) this is the only way I can feel better without getting a can of petrol and a lighter. Thank you!

I'll never get a deposit for a house :(

Argh, we have been saving up for a year now. House prices just keep going up. Doesn't help we live in 'Greater' London. God knows how people further into central London buy a house.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    AlciaMode wrote: »

Definitely this. For various reasons I've always felt the odd one out and that friendships I have made have faded/been cut off. Not only does this mean it's more difficult to make friends - the more I put in the harder it will hurt when it ends - it also means I've grown pretty independent. I go on holiday alone, go to gigs alone, go to the cinema alone, go on excursions to art galleries/hiking/museums/new places alone. Sometimes I like it - I can do what I want... but I do feel ALONE.

I have a bunch of great, great friends (not trying to rub it in or anything) and I still like to go and do things on my own. Not having to consider "will everyone be able to eat something at this restaurant?" Or "if i invite my homies will i get stuck paying for their broke butts?" do great things for my psyche. Besides I really like being by myself. I am plotting on a one person vacation to Arizona, and am notorious for seeing movies by myself with a 40 stashed in my purse. I go to bars alone and read books while sipping martinis. More power to you for not depending on others to have some fun. Every person that is capable of being on their own will eventually make a great companion because you know who YOU are and what YOU want.

I totally agree. When I used to go to bars, I would go on my own sometimes, I mean, you always meet people there anyway. And one of my favorite things now is to go to the movies on my own. Sometimes I won't even tell anyone I plan to see something to avoid someone wanting to come lol. I travel all day on my own at least one of my two days off, just doing my own thing! I even will go for lunch at a nice restaurant on my own, read a book or whatever.....I love it!

Confession: Sometimes when I just can't stand being at work for one minute longer I'll tell them I'm "sick" and I'll leave to go to a movie. There are no lines and usually only one or two other people in the theatre.

I feel a little guilty but then I stuff my face with popcorn and I feel better.

I go to the movies at the first show during the week. I went last week and I was alone in the room. Gotta love it.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Confession: I spent 10 minutes blocking the aisle at the grocery store while I compared labels on cans of refried beans. I felt kind of bad until I tried to leave, and some idiot was blocking the entire exit watching the Duke game on his phone.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol
    I do to :/ I hang them up to let them dry and wear them again hehe
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Vixenmd1 wrote: »
    Here is a random confession/ fact brough on by reading people talk about finally being able to wear thier wedding rings again.. I have freakishly small hands, skinny and short fingers, and wrists. My ring finger is a 4 and my rings fit at 227 and at 150. Actually my left hand finger my ering is sized to a 3 3/4 so it won't slip off.

I am 5 9 and wear a 9 1/2 shoe and even at goal have a bigger frame esp hips and sholders.

When I shop for rings the salespeople never believe me and resize my hand everytime. BUT rings look great on me since I can wear a small stone and have it look huge LOL My bracelets all have to be kid size since my wrists is like 5 inches.

my husband calls them chicken wrists or my burger king hands (old commerical).

The hardest thing I did when learning to ride my motorcycle (harley softail deluxe)is figure out how to get my hands to operate the control with my tiny finger span.

It sort looks like someone put a much smaller persons hand at the end of my arms.

You sound like my twin. I am 5'7", wear a size 9 shoe. And my ring size is 3.75. Most people cannot even fit my rings on their pinkie finger and most of their rings fit on my thumb (and those are often too big). I recently had to stop wearing my two other rings because they are too big and I am not ready to get them sized. My wedding ring has started to spin but I can still wear it.

• Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You are right we do sound like twins .. Lol it is such a trip having tiny hands .. People even ask how I hand my rather large harley (1600 cc motor) with my hands.
    Vixenmd1 wrote: »
    Here is a random confession/ fact brough on by reading people talk about finally being able to wear thier wedding rings again.. I have freakishly small hands, skinny and short fingers, and wrists. My ring finger is a 4 and my rings fit at 227 and at 150. Actually my left hand finger my ering is sized to a 3 3/4 so it won't slip off.

I am 5 9 and wear a 9 1/2 shoe and even at goal have a bigger frame esp hips and sholders.

When I shop for rings the salespeople never believe me and resize my hand everytime. BUT rings look great on me since I can wear a small stone and have it look huge LOL My bracelets all have to be kid size since my wrists is like 5 inches.

my husband calls them chicken wrists or my burger king hands (old commerical).

The hardest thing I did when learning to ride my motorcycle (harley softail deluxe)is figure out how to get my hands to operate the control with my tiny finger span.

It sort looks like someone put a much smaller persons hand at the end of my arms.

You sound like my twin. I am 5'7", wear a size 9 shoe. And my ring size is 3.75. Most people cannot even fit my rings on their pinkie finger and most of their rings fit on my thumb (and those are often too big). I recently had to stop wearing my two other rings because they are too big and I am not ready to get them sized. My wedding ring has started to spin but I can still wear it.

• ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    GUYS. guuuuyyyyssss, I was actually able to stop at 2 slices of pizza today! 2!! HOLY MONKEY BALLS AND SUGAR TITS!

I am so proud of myself. haha

Carry on.

• mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    GUYS. guuuuyyyyssss, I was actually able to stop at 2 slices of pizza today! 2!! HOLY MONKEY BALLS AND SUGAR TITS!

Carry on.

AWESOME!!! Way to go!!!!
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    Oh yeah, if you bake pepperoni slices, they become pepperoni chips. a serving size is 14 slices. i ate all the servings. because, pepperoni chips.

I've seen these on restaurant menus and it sounds SO good! I haven't succumbed. Yet.

• smashley_mashley
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I hate the rhetoric around food in advertising. "Sinfully rich" and "guilt-free" and all of that *kitten*. (Also, "low fat!" I don't care about fat, I care about calories and sometimes carbohydrates.)
    You shouldn't feel guilty about eating a cookie, and it's definitely not a sin to be ashamed of. It's just food. :x
    it makes me feel stabby.

So agree.

I also hate it when someone is buying a cookie or something in line ahead of you and feels compelled to make a comment like "just being bad today." I've had this happen a bunch of times and I always just smile and nod, but it drives me crazy. Pretty much only women my age or older, though, so maybe it's getting less common, who knows.

I hate that. And then it makes me feel bad about it if I'm getting a cookie or whatever. And when groups of people (mostly women/girls, honestly) sit around eating chips or something while complaining about how bad it is/how they're going to be fat/etc... it's like I can't enjoy it at all if you're making yourself feel guilty while doing it. Like either I want to not eat my chips or eat them without talking about it and feeling like *kitten* about it D:

I made a full batch of milk chocolate chip cookies today. I had 2.5 (that I counted) plus some of the cookie dough which I didn't (because you gotta taste as you go right?). No guilt here.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Carry on.

Congratulations!

BTW - we aren't quite city twins, but I've lived in Columbus and Lubbock (I wouldn't wish that location on anyone - sorry if you have a secret love for west Texas).
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options

Carry on.

Woohoo, congrats! I know the struggle. I used to eat half a pizza myself like it was nothing. It's just so good.

• ddrhellbunny
    ddrhellbunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Carry on.

Congratulations!

BTW - we aren't quite city twins, but I've lived in Columbus and Lubbock (I wouldn't wish that location on anyone - sorry if you have a secret love for west Texas).

Hah nah, no worries. I don't really care either way, but I do like Lewisville so far, better than Cleveland for sure.
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My scale is tared to 5 pounds above zero.

It makes me feel better that I get to subtract 5 off the reading.
    This is genius motivation!
    Confession: When the confessions on the thread get serious I want to show sympathy/empathy, give support and advice but I'm rubbish at it. I get really awkward and don't know what to say. So I'm not ignoring them - I just don't know how to respond appropriately. (I'm even worse in real life.)
    I try, but I generally suck at showing motivation online, so I just "like" things alot. On that note...

Carry on.
    Congrats!!! I am definitely proud of you. The pizza slice struggle is real.

I am absolutely addicted to Coca Cola. Therefore, while dieting I won't drink anything other than Water or Milk out of fear that it will be a "gateway drink" back to Coke. Also my Sodium levels suck. They are my only level that goes over regularly.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    We have Cold Stone Creamery here but I've only eaten there once. :neutral_face: I'm never temped to go there either. Now, DQ, yum! aka, in for the Blizzards.

DQ!!! I love the Blizzards, but my favorite is still a vanilla soft serve cone with that cherry dip stuff. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my dad would take me and my brother to DQ after miniature golfing during the summer :) Good times.