Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Geez I have to catch up on this thread.

Confession- I rarely add anyone to my friends list. I decline most requests.

First of all, I am a recovering binge eater, and I log.my.binges. So I need any friends on my list to not be delicate fainting couch types. (YES, I SAID A WHOLE BOX OF CLUB CRACKERS. Dont be a hater)

Also- I like all my friends to be honest, daily loggers. I delete friends who dont regularily log in , dont comment, and barely use the site.

Also also- I am painfully shy, and I really put myself out there with my MFP friends. I prefer a small group of supportive friends then a large number of silent ones.

This is why I adore you. :)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    i want to make s'mores, except, use peeps for the marshmallows.

You mean this hasn't been done already?! I thought that picture a few pages back with the hot pink marshmallow was a smushed peep. Guess I was wrong. Make them and then post a picture, please!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    DH asked if you could freeze Cadbury Creme Egg's and I said (I don't know?) We had them as our snack last night (was going to Sat. whole nother' story there) but anyhow, he's like "if we can freeze them, we should buy some and have a bunch on hand." Not sure that would be a good idea. Tempting yes, but good, I don't know. I do love those little eggs.
    I have resided in Ireland for over 10 years now and only this year it dawned on me that there are cadbury cream eggs on the shelf all year around. I don't like them because I feel they are to sweet.
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    A more light-hearted confession for my American football friends: I LOVE J.J. Watt. And I'm a Bears fan...

unnamed_zpss1pp58hz.jpg

You've made an opening for a confession I've been thinking about for a while. I also love JJ Watt but I'm from WI. BUT I can't stand Aaron Rodgers. I feel like I'm the only person in this state that doesn't worship him.

I like Aaron Rodgers... and I'm a Bears fan. *shame*

So then I might be the only person in the world that doesn't like him

I confess I have no idea who he is. And I grew up in WI. Hate football!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    A more light-hearted confession for my American football friends: I LOVE J.J. Watt. And I'm a Bears fan...

unnamed_zpss1pp58hz.jpg

You've made an opening for a confession I've been thinking about for a while. I also love JJ Watt but I'm from WI. BUT I can't stand Aaron Rodgers. I feel like I'm the only person in this state that doesn't worship him.

In all fairness, when Cutler is your QB, what are you supposed to do? Us Bears fans have to have some QB to admire.

This x1000.

WHAT?!?!?!? I'm not a Chicago fan at all. Cutler is a great QB, has solid numbers, he has no one defending him from the blitz. He's also an introvert, much like everyone of us here. He's not popular, but that doesn't make him a bad QB. He's listed as 21 on the NFL QB Ranking system, but that same POS system has Tony Romo listed as #1 and Aaron Rodgers as #2, neither had stellar 2014's. just sayin.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options

unnamed_zpss1pp58hz.jpg

In all fairness, when Cutler is your QB, what are you supposed to do? Us Bears fans have to have some QB to admire.

This x1000.

WHAT?!?!?!? I'm not a Chicago fan at all. Cutler is a great QB, has solid numbers, he has no one defending him from the blitz. He's also an introvert, much like everyone of us here. He's not popular, but that doesn't make him a bad QB. He's listed as 21 on the NFL QB Ranking system, but that same POS system has Tony Romo listed as #1 and Aaron Rodgers as #2, neither had stellar 2014's. just sayin.

I actually like Cutler too, but he's certainly not likeable. He's kind of a sulky party boy. I mean, I'd be a jerk too if I got sacked that much.
  • denielle715
    denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    In the past, I've eaten an entire jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. It's my drug of choice. Literally.

My store was out (said some was supposed to be on the delivery truck scheduled to arrive the next day), I couldn't wait, so I drove to 3 other stores in town with no luck, then drove 45 minutes to the next store that carried it!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    So my cousin just tried to kill herself tonight by ODing. I am actually not shocked at all, this girl has been in and out of hospitals her whole life. Getting arrested, doing drugs, stealing, *kitten* with her body (she's bulimic) and just a constant *kitten* up.

We (as a family) have tried constantly to help this girl, but she unfortunately keeps proving to us that she has no intentions to fix herself. Lies upon lies are all she knows.

I washed my hands clean of her when our grandmother died a year and a half ago. She tried and pleaded for us to help her, but she took advantage of my mother when my mom legitly wanted to help her (by stealing money from her).

So I sit here and think, well she tried it once and she will eventually try it again and succeed. I don't really know how to feel about it. I grew up with her brothers. ( they were like my brothers) so there is a level of sympathy there yet I don't feel terribly sad if she does off herself. I guess no amount of help can help the people who don't want help.

Sorry for the somber note, just irritated to see her do something incredibly stupid.

You are exactly right. I'm sorry you, your family, and she are going through this but there are just some people out there that refuse to change and seek help. Just keep doing what you're doing. Sounds like you have the right mindset.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Geez I have to catch up on this thread.

Confession- I rarely add anyone to my friends list. I decline most requests.

First of all, I am a recovering binge eater, and I log.my.binges. So I need any friends on my list to not be delicate fainting couch types. (YES, I SAID A WHOLE BOX OF CLUB CRACKERS. Dont be a hater)

Also- I like all my friends to be honest, daily loggers. I delete friends who dont regularily log in , dont comment, and barely use the site.

Also also- I am painfully shy, and I really put myself out there with my MFP friends. I prefer a small group of supportive friends then a large number of silent ones.

This is why I adore you. :)
    countess kitteh is in my small curated circle of AWESOME friends on MFP.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    You know when you do that thing where you speak the truth out of anger, and even though it's the truth, it irreparably damages multiple relationships. I did that tonight.

My sister is a high functioning drunk, she teaches autistic children by day, drinks a gallon of captain morgan in 1-2 nights. She said some pretty mean things to me because I called her after she had gone to bed, even though she had just drunk dialed me, I was returning her phone call not seconds later. So I called her out for being a drunk and in my rage also said "you're the reason your son is smoking pot, because you're too drunk every night to actually engage yourself with him." She didn't know her son is smoking pot, he's a decent church kid, maintains 4.0 and is in tons of extracirucular activies, however when he's with his sister who's 16 years older than he is, they like to blaze.

So now they're both pissed at me, he's lying to her, she's believing him, I'm getting angry drunk/high texted from the both of them. I'm glad i'm 1000 miles away from that.

Well, maybe your delivery of this info could have been different, but overall it needed to be said. Sounds like the kid does have good things going for him and I hope he has a great future despite the issues his mother has. Yes, it's good that you are that far away, but you did probably do them a favor by getting it out into the open. Perhaps if she confronts her son he can address her drinking issue? I hope they can work it all out.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    My confession: I am a huge procrastinator. This semester is (hopefully) my last one, but it's the hardest one yet. I've been suffering from anxiety, which also makes me an escapist. Now I have an essay due at midnight that I have hardly started on. Good thing it's only 1200 words. TIME TO MAKE MYSELF DO IT.

I'm a huge procrastinator. One day I procrastinated by reading this http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/10/why-procrastinators-procrastinate.html

It was pretty eye-opening!

I love, love, love, love loved this! Read all 3 (surprisingly not while procrastinating as currently have a load of leave to use up, so not at work) really identified with it.

I thought this was brilliant and posted it on my facebook page. I am the WORLDS WORST PROCRASTINATOR I now have a name for it with the Instant Gratification Monkey! And the Panic Monster is truly what gets me going. I also thought the matrix discussion was really helpful, as I spend a lot of time in Quandrant 3...not important but definitely urgent. I am going to read these a few more times... To ingest them!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    I'm getting back into running after an injury and have been doing jog/walk intervals - the jog part never stops until a car passes me, though. Can't be seen to be whimping out and walking, nosirree :D

Hey, now, walking is NOT a wimpy workout! I'm a speed / incline walker. I can't jog or run due to an ankle and neck issue. Just giving you a bad time! Whatever keeps you out there and active, go for it!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    In the past, I've eaten an entire jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter. It's my drug of choice. Literally.

My store was out (said some was supposed to be on the delivery truck scheduled to arrive the next day), I couldn't wait, so I drove to 3 other stores in town with no luck, then drove 45 minutes to the next store that carried it!

I've never heard of this stuff before now and certainly haven't seen it in any stores... but of course now I'm going to be on the hunt for it, probably my next trip to the US.

I see BZAH10 has put up a new shoulder/arm avatar to taunt inspire and motivate me. Lol. I'm glad she posts so often in this thread so I get to see my Dream Shoulder regularly. :)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I read that too quickly as "White Castle Wonderful peanut butter." I was very confused.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

unnamed_zpss1pp58hz.jpg

This x1000.

I actually like Cutler too, but he's certainly not likeable. He's kind of a sulky party boy. I mean, I'd be a jerk too if I got sacked that much.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! That made me literally LOL! I choose to believe his O-line hates him and intentionally let someone through to bury him, every now and then. And, yep, I'm a Bears fan.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Pipara wrote: »
    I've been trying for weeks to cut back on sugar (mostly chocolate) and the cravings are a lot more controllable now. That said, i've already pre-logged my white chocolate pistachio Easter egg :heart_eyes: for Easter Sunday, a half split over 2 days so I don't go over sugar goal. But who am I kidding? I know i'll probably devour the entire thing in one day.

Now, this is something I've never heard of before that sounds quite delicious! Good flavor combination.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    My abusive and estranged husband committed suicide last week. He was in jail after beating his current girlfriend and trying to kill her and he hung himself in his cell. When I first heard the news, to be honest, I was excited he was dead. For many reasons really...he was more than abusive, the man was straight evil. He was excessively controlling and mean, he was a psychopath and I am truly lucky to have been able to escape with my life. There were times I thought I wouldn't. And I have been worried for the last year and a half that he would find me again, and that he would kill me this time. Why do I feel like a liar every time I say anything like that...he had me so screwed up, still has me so screwed up, that I don't even believe myself half the time when I talk about it. I actually look at the scars on my body and I read the police report and I look back at the pictures and I still feel like it's all wrong.
    Anyway...he's dead. And as happy as I am about it...I'm a little mad. But mad because he never had to face what he did, ever. He was never punished. He'll never be punished. And oh how I want him punished. I wish that I could have watched him die. And I think that makes me kind of awful.

I'm a few pages behind so I don't know how many have commented on this. If this makes you awful then I'm awful too. I am glad on your behalf that he is dead. A lot of people will not understand because unless you've gone through this type of abuse, the fear and bottomless rage you experience can't even be expressed adequately. Even thinking about things that happened years ago I clench my jaw and my breathing gets jagged and I have to distract myself with something else. I've been made to doubt myself so much that even if I am feeling one hundred percent one way I end up questioning my motives and whether or not I'm behaving this way for attention.

A lot of the people who abused me are still alive and when I hear news of their long over due demises I am going to throw a big party. I am going to refuse to feel bad about it. I am going to try to revel in the giddy relief I will experience knowing they will never find me again. They are disgusting human beings that don't deserve to be alive. You are normal, you don't sound awful and you deserve to be happy.

I am so sorry! Sorry you were treated so poorly and sorry that you can't get some closure and justice now. I can't imagine how difficult that is to live with, so I hope you have a good support system now and can find happiness!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I'm getting back into running after an injury and have been doing jog/walk intervals - the jog part never stops until a car passes me, though. Can't be seen to be whimping out and walking, nosirree :D

Rule 1 of running: No walking until the cars pass... LOL
    Also, my daughter is a pastafarian. Haha! She has the FSM on the bumper of her car.
  • denielle715
    denielle715 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I've never heard of this stuff before now and certainly haven't seen it in any stores... but of course now I'm going to be on the hunt for it, probably my next trip to the US.

I see BZAH10 has put up a new shoulder/arm avatar to taunt inspire and motivate me. Lol. I'm glad she posts so often in this thread so I get to see my Dream Shoulder regularly. :)

It's made by Peanut Butter and Company. It's amazing. They sell it on Amazon (that was my next choice if I couldn't find it in the stores. Lol).

ja53ttu6kgvx.jpg
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

It's made by Peanut Butter and Company. It's amazing. They sell it on Amazon (that was my next choice if I couldn't find it in the stores. Lol).

ja53ttu6kgvx.jpg

Why oh why did you have to show me this? :( next up on my list- White Chocolate Wondeful Peanut Butter