Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Trying to find a Friday flame-thread. (Totally bored at work, can you tell?) If this one gets traction, it may work.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10139848/a-fat-melter-buster#latest
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    derkin2005 wrote: »
    I snack on candy... I won't buy it ever, but if it's around I'm like s mini chocolate magnet. Also I have an unhealthy obsession with Quest bars

No such thing!

Exactly what I thought, Mo!

@quiksylver296 that's why we're internet best friends!

• fellowtraveler87
    fellowtraveler87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I hate the gym this time of year. It's when all the princesses come in with a full face of make up, do 10mins casual walking on the treadmill, use the lightest weights on the machines (because they don't want to get too bulky) and criticise the fat-*kitten*' such as myself for lifting heavy. Today's comment "Don't you think she should do more cardio before she does that? The muscle will be too hidden under the layers of fat, which makes what she is doing pointless." In my head I'm thinking "Walking the speed of a 90year old pensioner so your face doesn't melt is a waste of your time so why don't you F*** OFF." Obviously I didn't say this, my gym is the only one in the area with a squat rack, not getting myself banned for them. They probably won't turn up ever again...

People actually say things like this?! What a bunch of a-holes!

Yea, I don't know if the fact I had earphones in they thought I couldn't hear them. It was the only part I caught in between songs. I don't really want to know what else they said. And apart from them, I was the only other girl in the gym (it's a small gym) so I know it was about me. It sucks. They suck. The whole situation sucked.

That's ridiculous. I think I would've confronted them about it. But then again, back in my heaviest days probably not. Don't let idiots like that discourage you though. If what you're doing is working keep at it. In a few months time you'll be much improved and they will remain the same indefinitely. Walking at 2 mph on the treadmill does nothing but waste time. I don't judge anyone at the gym regardless of what kind of shape they are in if they're making an effort. But the slow treadmill walkers yeah I kinda judge that, haha. I think they do it just to be able to say they "go to the gym" like its the trendy thing to do.

I've gotten more aggressive and confrontational since losing weight. Maybe my T levels are higher, lol, I dunno. I'm not a jerk or anything but I'll stand up for myself when appropriate whereas before I would just stay quiet and be very passive.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Trying to find a Friday flame-thread. (Totally bored at work, can you tell?) If this one gets traction, it may work.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10139848/a-fat-melter-buster#latest

Oh LOL. I did try the grapefruit diet once upon a time right after college. It taught me that I actually like grapefruit. And that's all.

I'm meeting up with an old friend from high school tonight after work. She's in town for a "Xyngular" conference. I'm hoping not to get the hard sell. She hasn't pushed me to try this stuff before, but she's all pumped up from their conference this week... I won't say anything about it either way. She's lost over 100 lbs. She could have lost it without the MLM gimmick, but whatever floats her boat.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I am not super observant when it comes to my body. Everybody on this website seems to know exactly what causes their breakouts, and when they are bloated, etc, whatever. I never get that. I can go up four pounds and find my pants tight and it still doesn't occur to me that it was the Chinese food I had two nights ago. I confess I need to be more observant and 'listen' to my body more.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Oh LOL. I did try the grapefruit diet once upon a time right after college. It taught me that I actually like grapefruit. And that's all.

I'm meeting up with an old friend from high school tonight after work. She's in town for a "Xyngular" conference. I'm hoping not to get the hard sell. She hasn't pushed me to try this stuff before, but she's all pumped up from their conference this week... I won't say anything about it either way. She's lost over 100 lbs. She could have lost it without the MLM gimmick, but whatever floats her boat.

Mmmm, I love grapefruit. It is one of the few things I craved when pregnant. I would eat it in sections like an orange.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I made the mistake of making my cookies & cream protein shake with water instead of cashew milk this morning. I had to force myself to drink it. I will NOT be making that mistake again.

Confession: We went to Jose Peppers for dinner last night (first night all week my husband has been home before 8). I ate so many chips, about 1/3 of the espinaca dip and half of a grilled chicken chimichanga that was smothered in more espinaca dip washed and I washed it all down with a full calorie delicious Dr. Pepper.

I have 100% no regrets about any food decisions yesterday even though I woke up a pound heavier this morning.

I must ask, how is cashew milk? I've heard all about it but I'm not sure if I would like it.

To be honest, I thought I would HATE it. I despise almond, soy and other non-dairy milk substitutes. I had no reason to believe cashew milk would be any different. I mean, I don't even like cashew nuts that much to begin with.

My husband bought it on a whim. The first thing he made with it was a cookies and cream and peanut butter shake. I died. I just could not believe how delicious this drink was. It was like a fancy schmancy drink you'd order at some overpriced coffee house.

It's a little on the pricey side, but it's non-dairy which is easy on my tummy and it's WAY healthier than milk. We've been buying it ever since.

• touchtoshart
    touchtoshart Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I ate an entire 8oz. package of Philly cream cheese early this week (with a spoon, too LOL). Logged 2oz. a day over the next several days, as to hide my shameful binge.

To OP, no judgment from me (as you can see, I've only told you the least stupid thing I've done ;) )--but please stop the "homemade Sauna suit" for exercising. It does nothing good, and is potentially dangerous. Same goes for the overprice "Wrap" products. They "Don't" work (except for emptying your wallet).
    OMG me too, cream cheese forevah
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I made the mistake of making my cookies & cream protein shake with water instead of cashew milk this morning. I had to force myself to drink it. I will NOT be making that mistake again.

Confession: We went to Jose Peppers for dinner last night (first night all week my husband has been home before 8). I ate so many chips, about 1/3 of the espinaca dip and half of a grilled chicken chimichanga that was smothered in more espinaca dip washed and I washed it all down with a full calorie delicious Dr. Pepper.

I have 100% no regrets about any food decisions yesterday even though I woke up a pound heavier this morning.

I must ask, how is cashew milk? I've heard all about it but I'm not sure if I would like it.

To be honest, I thought I would HATE it. I despise almond, soy and other non-dairy milk substitutes. I had no reason to believe cashew milk would be any different. I mean, I don't even like cashew nuts that much to begin with.

My husband bought it on a whim. The first thing he made with it was a cookies and cream and peanut butter shake. I died. I just could not believe how delicious this drink was. It was like a fancy schmancy drink you'd order at some overpriced coffee house.

It's a little on the pricey side, but it's non-dairy which is easy on my tummy and it's WAY healthier than milk. We've been buying it ever since.

I bought cashew milk once when it was on a super duper clearance sale at the Kroger by my house (probably short dated). LOVED it. So much yum! And, now I'm back to almond milk, just because I can get it cheap at Sam's Club.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I never wear makeup to the gym, I'm afraid it'll clog my pores.

That's why you use the dry mineral makeup. Just avoid the ones with glitter in them. Nobody looks good lifting when they sparkle like a fake teen romance vampire.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

I'll see that wager.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10139619/20lbs-is-4weeks/p1
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I have done almost zero work today.

I'm also thinking about going to get my turkey sandwich and chips out of the kitchen.
  • JPW1990
    Options
    I am not super observant when it comes to my body. Everybody on this website seems to know exactly what causes their breakouts, and when they are bloated, etc, whatever. I never get that. I can go up four pounds and find my pants tight and it still doesn't occur to me that it was the Chinese food I had two nights ago. I confess I need to be more observant and 'listen' to my body more.

I think it helps when you have to be used to doing it. I have to be aware of stuff that makes me sick - even when I'm in maintenance I track, partly to stay on course, but also because if I get really sick, it's easier to pinpoint if I had something different. Even with that, it took me forever to figure out my food allergy, it's in so many places I never even suspected.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

That's why you use the dry mineral makeup. Just avoid the ones with glitter in them. Nobody looks good lifting when they sparkle like a fake teen romance vampire.

he's fake? SPOILERS!!
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    If I tried to jog with my beagle I'd probably (definitely) fall down almost immediately. He likes to stop and smell every. little. thing. so the first interesting stink would bring him to a dead stop.

When we lived in our old condo, my husband suggested that i take my cat for a walk down the hallway to check the mail. 20 min later he pops his head out the door to see we've made it 10 feet. The cat had no concept of "going for a walk" and would take 2 steps. Sit and look around. Lick himself. Go 5 steps in the opposite direction and repeat.

I have never taken any cat I've had for a walk, but it was all too easy to imagine this happening. I admit I just snort laughed my head off and I am still occasionally giggling about this.

My great grandma always had a Siamese cat and would declaw it because it was an inside cat (I confess she probably declawed if for safety reasons….enter spare bedroom….and out of no where….. cat would be viciously attacking your feet) Anyway she would put it on a lead to take him out side when grandma would sit on the porch.

Did you know, they make harnesses for chickens? Yes. I just learned this yesteardy. Why? Because why not? Now we can all take our chickens for a stroll down the street.
  • JPW1990
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

he's fake? SPOILERS!!

He sparkles, that shouldn't be a spoiler
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Confession: I was freaking out this week because I was up 4 pounds. It wasn't TOM. I used this as an excuse to derail and eat ALL the things. (See my confession from yesterday.) Last night and this morning, I woke up 3 times to pee (I never usually have to pee in the night). And, wow, the scale is back down this morning to the original weight. Fricking water retention. Now I am pissed, because if I hadn't freaked out over the gain, I would probably be lower than I am. :s

THIS. I did the same thing a couple weeks ago when I finally got into the 100s (for the first time in a decade) but then saw the scale go back up into the 200s the next day. So frustrating even though I knew it was water weight. Ate like crap for three days because I felt so defeated, refused to get on the scale (knowing it would be even higher because of more water weight), and finally got back on track this week. I'd probably be a couple more pounds down if I hadn't let stupid water weight throw me off my game.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Umm, I pretty much always workout with my makeup on...and my hair done. I go in the evening after work. I'm not gonna wash my face and hair just to go to the gym and get sweaty.

Do you have super duper make-up or something? All the women I see end up with mascara half-way down their face. But you are talking to the girl who only puts make-up on for special occasions lol. Even then I hate doing it.

I go after work too, so full makeup, but half of it is gone by the time I leave. Waterproof mascara is wonderful! And I'm the opposite of you...rarely leave the house without makeup because I feel more comfortable with it on.

Ah, you see, I kinda feel I'm not worthy of make-up. My logic is, it's not going to cover up the fact I'm fat. To me it's like putting make-up on *Insert ugly creature here* (I know some people will find one animal ugly but others find cute). I see it as a waste of time, money and effort putting it on, and then more time, money and effort taking it off. But that's my opinion, I know people who HAVE to put make-up on just to nip to the shops. Even worse, I know people who will spend the entire of a Saturday getting ready for that night. What a waste of a day?!

I understand what you're saying, but just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they can't be beautiful!

Oh of course! That's purely how I feel about myself! Not overweight people in general! Sorry, I didn't think about what I was saying. (It happens a lot)

I have a problem with saying things without thinking too!
  • rungirl1973
    Options

I'll see that wager.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10139619/20lbs-is-4weeks/p1

So, I'm reading that she probably can't lose 20 lbs by May 15. But, I can surely lose 20 lbs before my friend gets married over Memorial Day weekend, right? LOL
  • rungirl1973
    Options
    tiona83 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    If I tried to jog with my beagle I'd probably (definitely) fall down almost immediately. He likes to stop and smell every. little. thing. so the first interesting stink would bring him to a dead stop.

When we lived in our old condo, my husband suggested that i take my cat for a walk down the hallway to check the mail. 20 min later he pops his head out the door to see we've made it 10 feet. The cat had no concept of "going for a walk" and would take 2 steps. Sit and look around. Lick himself. Go 5 steps in the opposite direction and repeat.

I have never taken any cat I've had for a walk, but it was all too easy to imagine this happening. I admit I just snort laughed my head off and I am still occasionally giggling about this.

My great grandma always had a Siamese cat and would declaw it because it was an inside cat (I confess she probably declawed if for safety reasons….enter spare bedroom….and out of no where….. cat would be viciously attacking your feet) Anyway she would put it on a lead to take him out side when grandma would sit on the porch.

Did you know, they make harnesses for chickens? Yes. I just learned this yesteardy. Why? Because why not? Now we can all take our chickens for a stroll down the street.

I saw this on FB today! Chickens are hard to catch. I can't imagine trying to harness one.